Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

59 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well the Bidenflation is fake for starts. He has nothing to do with it. Second, we need to divorce ourselves from dependency on foreign middle eastern oil, so this could be (Not saying it is but could be) the first steps towards that happening.

We get a majority of our oil that hasn't been derived from fracking from Canada, and what little we weren't getting from those sources, we were getting Saudi Arabia, but we are hardly dependent on them. Gas prices are going up because he shut down a bunch of fracking and drilling operations, so there's less supply now. It's absolutely on him. 

Partly on him.  He shut down fracking on some protected lands, but that stuff only opened up like halfway through Trump's term so it isn't like it was a BIG part of our supply.

The other big causes are just that American oil is always boom or bust cycling, with a bust cycle being exacerbated by pandemic supply chain shit.  Lockdown crushed demand, so producers gutted output, then lockdowns ended and demand jumped back faster than supply had.

29 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

We get a majority of our oil that hasn't been derived from fracking from Canada, and what little we weren't getting from those sources, we were getting Saudi Arabia, but we are hardly dependent on them. Gas prices are going up because he shut down a bunch of fracking and drilling operations, so there's less supply now. It's absolutely on him. 

Those weren't a part of our supply as they hadn't started yet due to most of it being on protected land, much of it halted due to protests. That's a really small fraction of our supply. 

24 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Partly on him.  He shut down fracking on some protected lands, but that stuff only opened up like halfway through Trump's term so it isn't like it was a BIG part of our supply.

The other big causes are just that American oil is always boom or bust cycling, with a bust cycle being exacerbated by pandemic supply chain shit.  Lockdown crushed demand, so producers gutted output, then lockdowns ended and demand jumped back faster than supply had.

This is from that article I posted in reply to RSG, it's from March of 2016: 

The rise of fracking has reshaped the global energy landscape.

It recently hit a new milestone in the U.S. Fracking now accounts for more than half of all U.S. oil output, according to the Energy Information Administration. It's a stunning feat considering fracking made up less than 2% of American oil production in 2000.

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

It recently hit a new milestone in the U.S. Fracking now accounts for more than half of all U.S. oil output, according to the Energy Information Administration. It's a stunning feat considering fracking made up less than 2% of American oil production in 2000.

so.................we could've avoided the majority of this spike in gas prices by simply not messing with fracking?  Why the hell did they do that anyway?

2 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

so.................we could've avoided the majority of this spike in gas prices by simply not messing with fracking?  Why the hell did they do that anyway?

Biden's trying to play to the environmentalists, although fracking isn't great for the environment, but I believe there has to be a middle ground. It's clear this administration doesn't care that the take home pay of a lot of the working class is affected by gas prices. 

Just now, DoctaMario said:

Yeah, it's just that nothing Biden did shut down fracking outside of some specific nature reserves that were off limits before halfway through Trump anyway.

The fracking companies themselves famously shut down whenever it stops being profitable.  Easy to start, easy to stop, so they only run when they know they're making money off it.  Lockdown exaggerated that by a lot.

11 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, it's just that nothing Biden did shut down fracking outside of some specific nature reserves that were off limits before halfway through Trump anyway.

The fracking companies themselves famously shut down whenever it stops being profitable.  Easy to start, easy to stop, so they only run when they know they're making money off it.  Lockdown exaggerated that by a lot.

Oil is a speculative resource. Any whiff of there being any less supply for whatever reason means prices go up. 

33 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

But we are talking speficially the Fracking Buden shut down which accounts for a minor amount of the resource we use. Most of the fracking shut downs are by the company themselves not by any administration. 

And Starhammer Frackings pretty terrible it ruins the water supply of communities who live near the fracking site.  I certainly dont want the water supply to the community i live gping tp shit so pil.companies can make a few more bucks. 

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

But we are talking speficially the Fracking Buden shut down which accounts for a minor amount of the resource we use. Most of the fracking shut downs are by the company themselves not by any administration. 

And Starhammer Frackings pretty terrible it ruins the water supply of communities who live near the fracking site.  I certainly dont want the water supply to the community i live gping tp shit so pil.companies can make a few more bucks. 

Regardless of who shut it down, less of a supply of oil means prices go up. Biden declaring that pipelines and cracking operations were going to be shut down didn't do us ajy favors in regard to gas prices. 

12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Regardless of who shut it down, less of a supply of oil means prices go up. Biden declaring that pipelines and cracking operations were going to be shut down didn't do us ajy favors in regard to gas prices. 

Yea but they where going up regardless due to shut down of operations that have nothing to do with the gov, on top of how flux oil already is, and then how Oil behaves when new Pres's get elected anyway. I repeat my initial statement. "BIdenflation isnt real" because it's not. Shit loads of things effect oil prices and him not wanting to fuck protected land is a really small part of it. 

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Jfc, I don't know if Google needs to be broken up, or nuked from orbit.

Finally got to read this thread and it's clear their are so incredibly corrupt that my suggestion is the same as my suggestion with Activision which is shut the shit down. It's corrupt at its very core and I don't really believe it can or even should be saved. 

Edited by RSG3
10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea but they where going up regardless due to shut down of operations that have nothing to do with the gov, on top of how flux oil already is, and then how Oil behaves when new Pres's get elected anyway. I repeat my initial statement. "BIdenflation isnt real" because it's not. Shit loads of things effect oil prices and him not wanting to fuck protected land is a really small part of it. 

Finally got to read this thread and it's clear their are so incredibly corrupt that my suggestion is the same as my suggestion with Activision which is shut the shit down. It's corrupt at its very core and I don't really believe it can or even should be saved. 

I'm not sure what "Bidenflation" refers to, but if it's what I think it is, the fact that he's spending trillions of money we don't have and inflation is going up as a result, means that yes, it's absolutely real. 

The pipelines wouldn't have shut themselves down, so that's on him. I highly doubt these fracking operations would have shut down on their own either, he's shutting them down because they're on Indian land and because environmentalists want him to and driving up the cost of gas in the process. 

Edited by DoctaMario

Decades network is running an 80s-version Twilight Zone marathon!  This is the one that no one remembers but me, actually.  There's way more episodes than I remember... I thought it got canceled fast.... the intro to this version was so damn cool... I especially like the smoky, "ghostly" looking glimpse of Serling you see for a moment there:

Also---if I recall that version of the theme was written by Jerry Garcia; I remember this from the random notes when I had this on a "TV Themes" CD a long time ago.  I wish there was a dvd collection of this version of the show... I've only seen collections of the original series.

The one that was just one was like that movie "The Box"...where a poor couple is offered up this mysterious little contraption with a red button...if they press it, they get $200,000....at the cost of someone's life...someone they don't know...so there's the interesting moral question there; press the button to get big money at the cost of someone's life or not?  If it's stipulated that you don't know whoever the victim is....I think most people would end up pressing the button.  They did and got the money....as the guy came again to drop off the money and take the box back....but the unfortunate catch the realize at the end----he mentioned he was now going to give the box to someone else.....someone they don't know...haha and it ends with the woman realizing the deal with an "...oh shit..." look on her face.  The next person pushing the button probably kills her.

ooh, the one that is on now---"Grace Note"... I just noticed that Sydney Penny is in this one; this was some legendary soap opera hotness later... she would be "Julia Santos" on All My Children in the 90s.

Edited by MillionX
13 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm not sure what "Bidenflation" refers to, but if it's what I think it is, the fact that he's spending trillions of money we don't have and inflation is going up as a result, means that yes, it's absolutely real. 

BIdenflation refers directly to Gas becoming unnafordable because Biden was elected Pres. Every Pres spends assloads we don't have. Biden isn't remotely unique in this regard so even in a broader context I would still say it's fake. 

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

BIdenflation refers directly to Gas becoming unnafordable because Biden was elected Pres. Every Pres spends assloads we don't have. Biden isn't remotely unique in this regard so even in a broader context I would still say it's fake. 

Ahh gotcha. The stock market got pretty bullish once Trump was elected because they knew he'd be a friend to them so while I don't agree that gas prices are going up just because Biden got elected but more because of his policy, that sort of thing IS possible.

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Ahh gotcha. The stock market got pretty bullish once Trump was elected because they knew he'd be a friend to them so while I don't agree that gas prices are going up just because Biden got elected but more because of his policy, that sort of thing IS possible.

Sure it's a part of it, but it's one of the smaller factors in the grand scheme of the conversation that's causing oil.prices to rise. My issue is blaming it on someone who has little to do with in the grand scheme of things. I'm not denying the Gov doesn't have some role to.play because they clearly do. I'm just saying calling it "Bidenflation" is kind of dumb when he's one of the smaller aspects of why Gas prices have risen. You said yourself, it's a speculative industry and current the world's upside down so they are gonna play it safe, raise prices and fuck everyone else in the process as is how business works generally. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:56 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

Good luck with the job sir.

There was a point in the day where a 4a 5G had a $285 trade value. Right now it's at $245. Unfortunately on the site, the Pro is sold out. 

The big differences for $300 are: 

• Refresh rate (120Hz vs 90Hz) - Note the Pro can go from 10Hz -120. The 6 is just 60 - 90. That's gonna save a lot of battery. 
  • Battery (5000 mAh vs 4614 mAh)
  • Telephoto Lens (Pro)
  • Screen size (6.7 vs 6.2[Same as the 4a 5G])
  • Front facing camera (11MP vs 8MP)

Got the most baller of the jobs I was going for.  Now just have to decide if I want the 256 Pro in black, or the 128 Pro in a color I don't particularly like for $100 less (the 128 black is wait-listed in the Fi store).

Going to hold on to the 4a 5g to become my work phone, so no worries about the trade in price.

16 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

cIu6huw.png

Star Wars Saturday! Yes there's a thread on star wars BUUUUUUT this is relevant to everybody. 

My favorite categories include:

Tentacle and Fentanyl

Jabba the Fuck

Lightsaber Vibrator

The Force is Strong within You

Tattooed Tatooine Thots

Head Star
S Wing

E Wing

X Wing

Tied-Up Fighter

About to Become Luke's Father

The Empire Strikes Ass

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

The stock market got pretty bullish once Trump was elected

Speaking of which, the markets are all at record highs right now without Trump.

About which I'd say the stock markets mostly don't even care about whether Presidents are good, bad, or indifferent.  The presidency just isn't that big of an individual factor in whether they boom or bust.

Came across very interesting, and very macabre, youtube channel a few nights ago. Basically it's short documentaries on various tragedies through history from theme park fatalities, power station/industrial fires, plane crashes, building collapses, radiation fuckery etc. The videos usually cap off on how these sorts of things are due to negligence in safety or even if every safety protocol was adhered to the legislation would then be changed and made safer. Obviously very dark subject matters but I've found them so interesting I've watched all this guys videos in like 2 nights. From this I learned the USA almost nuked itself... twice... in the same day.

A couple of others  found really interesting 

Spoiler

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Sure it's a part of it, but it's one of the smaller factors in the grand scheme of the conversation that's causing oil.prices to rise. My issue is blaming it on someone who has little to do with in the grand scheme of things. I'm not denying the Gov doesn't have some role to.play because they clearly do. I'm just saying calling it "Bidenflation" is kind of dumb when he's one of the smaller aspects of why Gas prices have risen. You said yourself, it's a speculative industry and current the world's upside down so they are gonna play it safe, raise prices and fuck everyone else in the process as is how business works generally. 

Fracking and those pipelines accounted for at least 50% of our oil output according to that article I posted. I'm not saying Biden shutting them down accounts for all of it, but I think you're really underplaying how powerful what the president says and does really is especially where speculative markets are concerned. 

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

About which I'd say the stock markets mostly don't even care about whether Presidents are good, bad, or indifferent.  The presidency just isn't that big of an individual factor in whether they boom or bust.

Biden is and has historically been pretty friendly to the finance industry, but the last 20+ years, we've had presidents and administrations that were friendly and welcoming to Wall St and the markets have gone higher and higher because no one's really holding them accountable for anything or stopping them from doing what they want. 

btw.

i bought myself bamboo socks. socks made of bamboo.

reason. i heard they stay dry, like wool socks. they evaporate moisture like wool does. unlike cotton that retains moisture.

and bamboo socks do stay dry and your feet are dry and warm. perfect.

i will never understand why cotton socks exist and are popular in stores. they suck. 

bamboo socks and t shirts are very popular in southeast asia.

but in north america. nope. considering how many cotton farms there are in the usa i understand why everything is cotton here.

but its really a shitty fabric in the summer. your t shirts and socks stay wet after you sweat. 

bamboo doesnt. im probably gonna buy some bamboo t shirts next summer. to feel dry instead of swampy arm pits

Edited by VirginDefiler
1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

btw.

i bought myself bamboo socks. socks made of bamboo.

reason. i heard they stay dry, like wool socks. they evaporate moisture like wool does. unlike cotton that retains moisture.

and bamboo socks do stay dry and your feet are dry and warm. perfect.

i will never understand why cotton socks exist and are popular in stores. they suck. 

bamboo socks and t shirts are very popular in southeast asia.

but in north america. nope. considering how many cotton farms there are in the usa i understand why everything is cotton here.

but its really a shitty fabric in the summer. your t shirts and socks stay wet after you sweat. 

bamboo doesnt. im probably gonna buy some bamboo t shirts next summer. to feel dry instead of swampy arm pits

I was curious about that. I do have a bamboo duvet for a weighted blanket I never use. It's really nice. I just don't need a weighted blanket.

How is it washing wise? I think my cover can't be machine dried. That might be a reason for cotton being more popular, it's very easy to machine wash and dry.

2 hours ago, Serpent said:

I was curious about that. I do have a bamboo duvet for a weighted blanket I never use. It's really nice. I just don't need a weighted blanket.

How is it washing wise? I think my cover can't be machine dried. That might be a reason for cotton being more popular, it's very easy to machine wash and dry.

i threw my bamboo socks in along with my wool socks they cam out fine. i didnt machine dry tho. i air dried but no problem at least for socks. it should be fine.

edit

just remember wool and bamboo dont retain water. like linen or cotton that holds it forever. so if your duvet is filled inside with bamboo material inside..you shouldnt machine dry it as long as cotton.

Edited by VirginDefiler
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I knew about the lone ranger being black, didn't know the first cowboys were black or that the word was rooted in racism. Interesting tidbits I was completely unaware of 

I knew about the lone ranger as well..i also knew we had alot of black cowboys but I guess it makes sense if we are the first ones. Alot of labor work being done by slavea/black people seems in line with history. 

As if Fauci's troubles weren't enough, now there are allegations that he funded some rather bad experiments done on animals other than bats.

Note:  Because of some of the NSFW images that appear in the video, I won't link it directly here.   What I did do is copy the name of the video here so that you can jump over to YouTube and see it if you wish. 

'Arrest Fauci': Hashtag goes viral after the latest Fauci controversy

I hope it isn't true, but the way things have been going it'll always be in the side of my thoughts until proven one way or the other.

21 hours ago, Reticently said:

Not only that, the Stock Market isn't reflection of how well the average American is doing. There is this false equivalency in our media coverage of the economy. Don't get started on how basic common sense thinking doesn't even apply.  "We missed our earning target by 1%" Stock price goes down. "We are in the red for the quarter but I laid of 5,000 employees." Stock price goes up.