Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

ohooooo here we GO, folks... I was hoping for some new dirt to laugh about today, and here's a little dose of a new clash between ol Darksfadil and Keemstar 😆

Oh man, that roast on DSP has to cut to the bone. It's sad when one lays out the facts like that. Phil's been on YT for so long and is still just barely surviving off of begging. I never even thought about it that way.

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I didn't take it that way. It was honestly more of a blanket identifier for the "Fairy Tale" construct. As mentioned, their more recent stories paint a more "real" picture. 

I often wonder if the "Fairy Tale" construct would be big thing without Disney. The original stories they based their cartoons on were often far darker that what Disney presented.

47 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Tiana is the best along with (when Disney counts her) Mulan. 

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I laughed more than I should have at this. 

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I often wonder if the "Fairy Tale" construct would be big thing without Disney. The original stories they based their cartoons on were often far darker that what Disney presented.

I doubt it. Walt Disney was a genius for leveraging animation as a story-telling medium. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
32 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Oh man, that roast on DSP has to cut to the bone. It's sad when one lays out the facts like that. Phil's been on YT for so long and is still just barely surviving off of begging. I never even thought about it that way.

yeah, someone summed it up nicely I see in the comments section there... Phil actually still makes more than the average person; he just lives above his means.  It's only been recent years where he's tried to cut back on spending....

...but as usual, there is doubts about pretty much anything if it's info you get from whatever he says....that's one of the amusing things about that guy's very existence... he is such a strange, unusual case, that it's difficult to tell what's real and what may be an exaggeration or outright lie.  Even his "character" he portrays online.... sometimes it appears that he's not really so awful at certain games, and he's just playing it up for views (or to pad the time on a stream), tbh.  One can never be 100% sure of the legitimacy of anything he says or does, really...there's always doubts on what's real and what is not.  

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

https://reclaimthenet.org/almost-all-of-the-senators-funded-by-google/

11 of the 12 senators in the subcommittee that questioned one of YouTube’s executives on Tuesday have received donations from a PAC of its parent company Alphabet, according to data by the Federal Election Commission. 

The Senate Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security held a hearing on Tuesday where it questioned executives from YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok about the negative impact of their platforms on minors. 

Alphabet, which owns YouTube, has a PAC that has donated $344,500 to 11 of the 12 senators in the subcommittee over the past 15 years. Only the subcommittee’s chairman Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) has not received money from Alphabet’s PAC.

The Democrat Senators Amy Klobuchar, for her Presidential Campaign, and Ed Markey, from Minnesota and Massachusetts respectively, who are members of the subcommittee, have previously on record saying they would refuse donations from corporate PACs. 

The totals each senator on the subcommittee has received from Google in the last 15 years:

•  
6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

While I'd put odds on there being plenty of malfeasance in that line-up, don't those numbers seem really low for something that's supposed to look like political bribes?  

I'm 100% against corporate campaign donations.  But it's hard to see even $59k over buying a whole lot in a senate race, especially if it was spread out over 15 years.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

While I'd put odds on there being plenty of malfeasance in that line-up, don't those numbers seem really low for something that's supposed to look like political bribes?  

I'm 100% against corporate campaign donations.  But it's hard to see even $59k over buying a whole lot in a senate race, especially if it was spread out over 15 years.

Money's money, especially when you're running a campaign. Regardless of the amount, these folks are the ones tasked with overseeing big tech and it's really hard to do that when the companies you're supposed to be overseeing are also paying you (see: Wall St.)

None of the princesses are really trash. Belle was a MASSIVE asshole. Her song is complaining about people living in the village who have jobs. Seriously read this nonsense:

"Little town, it's a quiet village
Every day like the one before
Little town, full of little people
Waking up to say

[TOWNFOLKS]
Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour!

[BELLE]
There goes the baker with his tray, like always
The same old bread and rolls to sell
Every morning just the same
Since the morning that we came
To this poor provincial town"

Of course the man is selling bread and rolls every day, that's his business. Your ass is some 20 year old doing nothing but reading books and being a player hater. FOH with your corny, Fault in Our Stars reading ass. Disney legit put a female INCEL as main character and people give her NEET ass props for it.

The rest have different things going on with it. A lot of the critique have been the princesses themselves lacking any type of agency in their own stories.  This only pans out if you're willing to ignore a lot of the story for the sake of making that argument.

Honestly the worse Disney princess is really the live action adaptation of Jasmine in Aladdin. In the animated version, Jasmine is independent as all hell. She's fierce, willing to go on crazy adventures, has a pet tiger, doesn't want no scrubs etc. Movie version they made her this weird timid thing. Think they took her outfit as the whole of her character and ignored the actual character.

Ariel might be the hardest to sort out because she did some real teenager stuff. Its the movie version of "I'm running away to California to be a star" all along with making shady deals with agents (ursulla scummy ass).

Snow White being low tier is nonsense. She's a 14 year old whose father die, then her step-mother, a whole GROWN ASS WOMAN, hires some hunter to murder her because her Magic Mirror no longer says she'd hit it. So given the entire situation she is in, she made the best of it when you consider that she is basically a kid.

Aurora just grew up sequestered out in the woods. Then one day gets dragged into a castle, told she's a princess and that she is gonna get married. Her response to all that? Well fuck all that, I'm not doing any of this shit. Relatable TBH.

For all the faults you can give these characters, its usually the reinterpretation of the situation that's given more light than the actual stories. A chunk of them are honestly great people who react in some human way to the situations they are in.

Also a lot of the Disney music is fantastic.  Oooh, Alice in Wonderland has some great music people have forgotten about too.

I missed the beginning... currently on "movies!" network---The Omega Man!!!!  This is the 1971 film starring Charlton Heston.  I've never seen it until now.  

Damn this is pretty awesome so far.... it's interesting...right away it's quite different from the later "I Am Legend" movie.  I just knew they were from the same source material, but I wasn't sure of the differences and similarities there.

I'd be cool with a modern-day remake more along the lines of what's going on in this story here... the mutants stalk Neville, who is the last normal human on Earth....ah, or so they thought; there's other normal humans he just met up with apparently?  It's funny they censor-blurred this one guy's jacket; I looked it up online just now... it's just a large red hand making a "flippin' the bird"/finger-sign....they can't show THAT on basic cable?  C'mon now...

Edited by MillionX

You know: people have been expressing sentiments like "I'm not anti-vaccine, but I kinda respect the celebs who turn down big paydays and stick to their guns".

I can't though. At the rate we're going with vaccination, the mandate could easily "grow" to an extent you can't really avoid it. It looks stupid to me to turn down big paydays over some shit you're probably going to end up doing anyway. And yeah 9m is still a big payday, unless you're literally in the 9-figure range. I'd run up in your dreams and fight Freddy Krueger for 9m.

EDIT: Just found that Ice Cube IS in the 9-figure range (net worth 160m). I'm still fucking Freddy up for that money.

Edited by axeman61
3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Snow White being low tier is nonsense. She's a 14 year old whose father die, then her step-mother, a whole GROWN ASS WOMAN, hires some hunter to murder her because her Magic Mirror no longer says she'd hit it. So given the entire situation she is in, she made the best of it when you consider that she is basically a kid.

Snow White is low tier for me on voice alone.

They always had the money, they just never had the incentive.

Which is what we should always remember about this. Not every mom and pop shop is riding high like this, but its been a collective decision to suppress wages to maximize profits for a few. Didn't need to be this way, they said it should be this way because that was good for society.

A lot of sociopaths in high end business positions gotta pay what they owe.

:coffee:

Report: McDonald’s Raises Prices, Closes Stores as Worker Shortage Continues

file2017-now-hiring-sign-mcdonalds-resta

McDonald’s says they are forced to raise menu prices as worker wages climb, as well as close down some restaurants due to labor shortages and slower service in some locations, according to reports.

The burger giant is raising menu prices in order to sustain the rapidly growing costs of supplies and wages, according to the Wall Street Journal. The report indicated that the company had increased salaries by at least ten percent this year alone.

The report added that the company also has to pay more for paper, food, and other supplies and expected the commodity costs to go up anywhere between 3.5 percent to four percent. Unfortunately, executives said the prices in the U.S. are up roughly six percent from last year, which will trickle down to the consumer.

The WSJ reported:

McDonald’s said that bigger order sizes and higher prices increased its revenue in the U.S., as did its new crispy chicken sandwich and celebrity-endorsed meals. Diners are placing more to-go orders and buying for larger groups than before the pandemic, contributing to higher sales per customer, executives said.

McDonald’s, the world’s biggest burger chain, said that it had fewer Covid-19-related restaurant closures over the past quarter in major markets such as Canada, France and Germany, helping McDonald’s sales in those countries. Still, vaccine health pass requirements in France and quarantine orders in Australia, for example, made operations more challenging, the company said.

In the U.S., roughly 3,000 McDonald’s dining rooms remain closed in areas with high Covid-19 infection rates, or roughly 20% of locations. U.S. sales remain elevated at drive-throughs, online and through delivery, even after reopening a location’s dining room, executives said.

“Certainly I was hoping and expecting that we were going to see the situation improve maybe a little bit more quickly than what’s materialized,” said Chief Executive Chris Kempczinski, according to the WSJ.

In addition, McDonald’s claimed that it has struggled in finding workers that will be able to “serve customers as quickly as possible and keep its stores open at full hours” even with high wages, which has increased by around five percent since the second quarter and averaging 15 percent on the year.

mcdonalds-fight-for-15-getty.jpg

An employee of McDonald’s protests outside a branch restaurant for a raise in their minimum wage to $15 an hour, in Fort Lauderdale on May 19, 2021. – South Floridian Deatrice Edie keeps her home’s belongings packed and ready to go. She hasn’t paid rent in several months and expects an imminent eviction. Deatrice works three jobs, one of which is at a Fort Lauderdale McDonald’s, but despite the long hours and hard labor, the 41 year old struggles to sustain her family of seven. Today she joins her coworkers in demanding a higher minimum wage. (Photo by CHANDAN KHANNA/AFP via Getty Images)

Business Insider reported that due to the inability to find workers, “Restaurants have been cutting their hours” and are “expected to remain short-staffed well into 2022.”

The labor shortage is “also putting some pressure around speed of service,” Kempczinski said, according to Business Insider, adding that the restaurants were “down a little bit on speed of service over the last year-to-date.”

“Some McDonald’s restaurants have been shutting their dining rooms, too, like one in North Carolina that said it couldn’t find enough staff to operate as usual,” Business Insider added.

“That’s also a function of not being able to have the restaurants fully staffed,” Kempczinski said.

I have had to wait to pick up orders at McDonal's over here, but the longest waits have been at Taco Bell. In one location they only had like 2 or 3 workers, drive-thru only.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Report: McDonald’s Raises Prices, Closes Stores as Worker Shortage Continues

file2017-now-hiring-sign-mcdonalds-resta

McDonald’s says they are forced to raise menu prices as worker wages climb, as well as close down some restaurants due to labor shortages and slower service in some locations, according to reports.

The burger giant is raising menu prices in order to sustain the rapidly growing costs of supplies and wages, according to the Wall Street Journal. The report indicated that the company had increased salaries by at least ten percent this year alone.

The report added that the company also has to pay more for paper, food, and other supplies and expected the commodity costs to go up anywhere between 3.5 percent to four percent. Unfortunately, executives said the prices in the U.S. are up roughly six percent from last year, which will trickle down to the consumer.

The WSJ reported:

McDonald’s said that bigger order sizes and higher prices increased its revenue in the U.S., as did its new crispy chicken sandwich and celebrity-endorsed meals. Diners are placing more to-go orders and buying for larger groups than before the pandemic, contributing to higher sales per customer, executives said.

McDonald’s, the world’s biggest burger chain, said that it had fewer Covid-19-related restaurant closures over the past quarter in major markets such as Canada, France and Germany, helping McDonald’s sales in those countries. Still, vaccine health pass requirements in France and quarantine orders in Australia, for example, made operations more challenging, the company said.

In the U.S., roughly 3,000 McDonald’s dining rooms remain closed in areas with high Covid-19 infection rates, or roughly 20% of locations. U.S. sales remain elevated at drive-throughs, online and through delivery, even after reopening a location’s dining room, executives said.

“Certainly I was hoping and expecting that we were going to see the situation improve maybe a little bit more quickly than what’s materialized,” said Chief Executive Chris Kempczinski, according to the WSJ.

In addition, McDonald’s claimed that it has struggled in finding workers that will be able to “serve customers as quickly as possible and keep its stores open at full hours” even with high wages, which has increased by around five percent since the second quarter and averaging 15 percent on the year.

mcdonalds-fight-for-15-getty.jpg

An employee of McDonald’s protests outside a branch restaurant for a raise in their minimum wage to $15 an hour, in Fort Lauderdale on May 19, 2021. – South Floridian Deatrice Edie keeps her home’s belongings packed and ready to go. She hasn’t paid rent in several months and expects an imminent eviction. Deatrice works three jobs, one of which is at a Fort Lauderdale McDonald’s, but despite the long hours and hard labor, the 41 year old struggles to sustain her family of seven. Today she joins her coworkers in demanding a higher minimum wage. (Photo by CHANDAN KHANNA/AFP via Getty Images)

Business Insider reported that due to the inability to find workers, “Restaurants have been cutting their hours” and are “expected to remain short-staffed well into 2022.”

The labor shortage is “also putting some pressure around speed of service,” Kempczinski said, according to Business Insider, adding that the restaurants were “down a little bit on speed of service over the last year-to-date.”

“Some McDonald’s restaurants have been shutting their dining rooms, too, like one in North Carolina that said it couldn’t find enough staff to operate as usual,” Business Insider added.

“That’s also a function of not being able to have the restaurants fully staffed,” Kempczinski said.

I have had to wait to pick up orders at McDonal's over here, but the longest waits have been at Taco Bell. In one location they only had like 2 or 3 workers, drive-thru only.

Why the hell did this lady decide to have 7 kids?  I'm just amazed at the thought process or the lack thereof to I don't know...STOP!?

hahaha, 7 kids....yeah as the great Randy Jackson says "that's a no for me, dawg".  It always amazes me that so many people are fine with that situation... seems like some miserable shit, imo...like they are doomed to never experience a simple moment of "peace & quiet" in their home ever again...and kids are expensive so there's that problem too.  The maximum for me would be just 2 kids.  

26 minutes ago, MillionX said:

hahaha, 7 kids....yeah as the great Randy Jackson says "that's a no for me, dawg".  It always amazes me that so many people are fine with that situation... seems like some miserable shit, imo...like they are doomed to never experience a simple moment of "peace & quiet" in their home ever again...and kids are expensive so there's that problem too.  The maximum for me would be just 2 kids.  

Is it sad that when you said,"7 kids" that in my memory three locations that sprung up from my past that had 7 or MORE kids that lived there?  man,  My old neighborhood was so dusty that Ashy Larry would've felt threatened.  

Here's another one I found on facebook:

249872460_4287028054729552_6367951765921834892_n.thumb.jpg.00fbe6de346ea339721959ccbad41b53.jpg

AM is in full political roast mode once again, and it is glorious

https://youtu.be/rhoRvdKzsls

On another note---this nightstand I got recently is cool, and it was easy to put together...more than likely I'm getting a 2nd one this weekend...it happens to match 1 bedroom's overall color scheme perfectly.  heh, I didn't even prioritize that; I just wanted a nightstand/table to set up with a small cheap lamp.  

It would be nice if I had enough space to truly accommodate this giant tv I saw at.... either Best Buy or Target recently... it was an 85-inch screen.  It could fit in 1 or 2 of my rooms but I think that would be better off in a much larger living room area.  Heh, that must be nice to have that kind of space to work with... my current tv is a 55-inch screen (glorious 4k), which is the biggest tv I've ever had, of course...haha I still look upon it in awe as if I just bought it yesterday.  My 2nd big screen I'll get might be 60 or 65 for another room.

15 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

if you havent seen the movie about mcdonalds i highly recommend you do. its mind blowing tbh. i was never able to walk into another mickeyDs without thinking of ray kroc from that point on. ray kroc was um. hmm, not the nicest dude, lets just say

Yes, the founder is very underrated. It did change my perception of McD's, though it didn't stop me from having cheeseburgers after the movie.

California Weighs ‘Equitable Math’: Goal of Obtaining Correct Answer Is Racist

The California education department is considering implementing a statewide math framework that promotes the concept that working to figure out a correct answer in math is an example of racism and white supremacy invading the classroom.

The framework, titled “A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction: Dismantling Racism in Mathematics Instruction,” is intended to be “exercises for educators to reflect on their own biases to transform their instructional practice.”

The “Equitable Math” website states its training manual was funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the primary private source of funding for the Common Core State Standards.

“White supremacy culture infiltrates math classrooms in everyday teacher actions,” the document states. “Coupled with the beliefs that underlie these actions, they perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to the world of mathematics.”

The proposed California framework provides examples of how “white supremacy culture” has infiltrated math classes in schools:

• The focus is on getting the “right” answer.

• Independent practice is valued over teamwork or collaboration.

• “Real-world math” is valued over math in the real world.

• Students are tracked (into courses/pathways and within the classroom).

• Participation structures reinforce dominant ways of being.

Additionally, the document asserts the means by which teachers assess student learning in math is based on white supremacy culture, as demonstrated by:

• Students are required to “show their work.”

• Grading practices are focused on lack of knowledge.

• Language acquisition is equated with mathematical proficiency.

The proposed California framework continues:

These common practices that perpetuate white supremacy culture create and sustain institutional and systemic barriers to equity for Black, Latinx, and Multilingual students. In order to dismantle these barriers, we must identify what it means to be an antiracist math educator.

In order to embody antiracist math education, teachers must engage in critical praxis that interrogates the ways in which they perpetuate white supremacy culture in their own classrooms, and develop a plan toward antiracist math education to address issues of equity for Black, Latinx, and multilingual students.

In the section that criticizes the concept of “getting the ‘right’ answer” in math, the document states:

The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so. Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity [sic] as well as fear of open conflict [sic].

In February, the Oregon Department of Education defended its instruction of teachers via the “Equitable Math” training manual in how to teach mathematics by dismantling as “racist” the longstanding view of objectivity in math, as exemplified by the idea that one must obtain a correct answer to a math problem.

https://equitablemath.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/11/1_STRIDE1.pdf

@SoneroCan't remember, but aren't you a teacher? if so, is current math racist?

Whatever happened to the AI robots that were going to replace all the essential workers? I remember that was the rage a couple of years ago, with people cackling with glee that said workers would be obsolete and lose their jobs. I almost feel like I'm crazy, it feels like nobody remembers this being a talking point with owners gloating about it. Now suddenly it feels like we're supposed to sympathize with capital not having cheap, desperate labor.