Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

More or less why I'm surprised dune is doing so well. It's a weird fucking story... It's part of the really out there aspects of scifi. But I guess the 2021 movie does handwalks mainstream audiences through a decent chunk of the story so that's prob why it's done so well. 

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It's part of the really out there aspects of scifi.

Dune has always been a dope ass story full of crazy stuff. I wouldn't say its the really out there part of sci-fi. Maybe its the gateway to crazier things. Think the people caught by surprise by Dune are just used to the fairly similarish world of Fantasy. Had a friend who hated sci-fi and fantasy novels being lumped in together because those two genres ware waaaaaaaaaaay different.

Movie only covers the first half of the first book. If you thought THAT was weird, wait until the orgies and the nonsense from the sequel books hit.

You know what? Guess Sci Fi has always been the weird nerd shit genre as opposed to the ones that gave us larpers. Fuck a Larper, watch Dune.

250749300_7073607322664714_2902441128762

10 hours ago, Scanman said:

Really? I don't think he had much influence on 5 anyway. They'll probably still do their multiple installment, shitty netcode, dress up simulator with a fg thrown in on the side tactics.

I don't think Ono had influence in the inner, technical aspects of the game, but I do remember him saying he asked his staff to change stuff things about the characters, like change move sets, looks, etc.

Anyway, for many years there were some higher ups that were more interested in the movie industry, and were more focused on the Resident Evil movies. But those guy have been out of the company for a few years now. The director of the Monster Hunter games, Ryozo Tsujimoto, has been promoted to "Head of Consumer Games Development Division 3 and General Manager of Department 3, and is now also a Corporate Officer in addition to those positions." I think he cares about quality in their games.

And the guys currently working on Street Fighter have made some good decisions so far. So, if all goes well...

Edited by AriesWarlock
54 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Dune has always been a dope ass story full of crazy stuff. I wouldn't say its the really out there part of sci-fi. Maybe its the gateway to crazier things. Think the people caught by surprise by Dune are just used to the fairly similarish world of Fantasy. Had a friend who hated sci-fi and fantasy novels being lumped in together because those two genres ware waaaaaaaaaaay different.

Movie only covers the first half of the first book. If you thought THAT was weird, wait until the orgies and the nonsense from the sequel books hit.

You know what? Guess Sci Fi has always been the weird nerd shit genre as opposed to the ones that gave us larpers. Fuck a Larper, watch Dune.

Dune isn't weird to me. I grew up on weird scifi and fantasy as well as anime way too mature for my age. But in terms of mainstream ideas of scifi its Def weird. No space Jesus story will ever be weird to me lmfao

Edited by Maxx
2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

No space Jesus story will ever be weird to me lmfao

Have you actually read it?

Dune gets real fucking weird, my guy. Its awesome, but that's why I had to backtrack on my post. When you get to the Water of Life and the consequences of it on the rest of the story...

🍿 👀

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Have you actually read it?

Dune gets real fucking weird, my guy. Its awesome, but that's why I had to backtrack on my post. When you get to the Water of Life and the consequences of it on the rest of the story...

🍿 👀

It's on my shelf, I only seen the movie/TV mini series versions but have a good understanding of what goes on through video essays 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Who's Brandon? A politician? Hope it's misheard let's go braves lmfao

A few weeks ago during an interview with the winner of the Nascar race, the crowed started chanting "Fuck Joe Biden". Interview told the guy that they were saying "Let's Go Brandon".

Now LGB is the way to say FJB because hating Biden is what the cool kids are into.

10 minutes ago, Sonero said:

A few weeks ago during an interview with the winner of the Nascar race, the crowed started chanting "Fuck Joe Biden". Interview told the guy that they were saying "Let's Go Brandon".

Now LGB is the way to say FJB because hating Biden is what the cool kids are into.

Lmfao political gang War 

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Yooooo...

Everything is all goofed up. Saw a pic of NYPD unvaxxed officers protesting the vaccine mandate. One of them had a sign that said "We Do Not Comply".

As the young kids say, "Bruh" with a capital UH.

I heard a bunch of fire stations are getting abandoned due to the mandate. Lmfao serve and protect my ass. 

32 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

The irony of police departments refusing to comply with orders, how the tables turn 😂

OH all black people have been side eyeing this entire thing. 

Some airforce people are also refusing... Dawg the military has let the govt experiment on them for 300 years and now they wanna get a backbone because this is politicized 🤣

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The irony of police departments refusing to comply with orders, how the tables turn 😂

What you call irony I call hypocrisy. Like their refusal to wear body cams and turning their dashcams off while they insist normal people don't have their Constitutional right to be free of search and seizure because "if you don't have anything to hide you shouldn't care about privacy".

I expect nothing from most people. Even with the hypocrisy laid bare it's not as if anyone cared. In this world it's truly power and wealth that protect you, have those things and you get rights, otherwise everything is merely a "privilege" at the whims of those with power. George Carlin of course, was again, right.

28 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/01/entertainment/kal-penn-gay-intl-scli/index.html 

Kal Penn comes out as gay.

I haven't heard much news about him in a long while and the last thing I saw him was Harold and Kumar 3 in 2011.  

Man that really "came out" of left field

I'll show myself out. 

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

I haven't heard much news about him in a long while and the last thing I saw him was Harold and Kumar 3 in 2011.  

That cock meat sandwich from Guantanamo Bay must've really been good 😂

Edited by HD-Man
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Reads article. . . 

Thoughts - "You're telling me that he was with his partner for 11 years and he's just coming out to his close family"?

Reads More . . .

"They're just like, 'Yeah, okay.' 

Oh that makes sense. Carry on. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

How much do they pay and are they hiring? Lord knows I'm tired of my job.

Yeah; I've got the popcorn ready, because a good chunk of these people protesting the mandate are about to find out how replaceable they are if they leave. There are a few positions that'll be hard to fill, but I think there are a LOT of people looking for work because there always is.

42 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Yeah; I've got the popcorn ready, because a good chunk of these people protesting the mandate are about to find out how replaceable they are if they leave. There are a few positions that'll be hard to fill, but I think there are a LOT of people looking for work because there always is.

I bet a lot of these jobs are going to require training and when you have that many people just getting hired that need training, they'll be a lot of fuck ups and you definitely don't want that at, say, a nuclear lab or a place building helicopters. I'll be surprised if they let all those people go, it's like the nursing thing, it's not like thats a job you can just hire someone off the street to do if you need to replace someone. 

Edited by DoctaMario
9 hours ago, Maxx said:

More or less why I'm surprised dune is doing so well. It's a weird fucking story... It's part of the really out there aspects of scifi. But I guess the 2021 movie does handwalks mainstream audiences through a decent chunk of the story so that's prob why it's done so well. 

I don't understand. What's weird about Dune?

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

No. The new movie is my only exposure to Dune. Nothing about the movie seem out of ordinary as far as Sci-fi goes. 

LOL I mentioned it before this is the version that makes the most sense for mainstream audiences. The further you go back the wackier the versions get. 

Edited by Maxx