Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Serpent said:

I've been eating one meal a day for several years now. It's very rare that I'll eat more than that. There are some benefits but I don't think they are worth doing unless it's easy for you and you just prefer it, like I do. I would definitely not have done it when younger, just my metabolism has really slowed down over time and old age also makes it so I can't be nearly as active no matter how much I'd have wanted to. So one meal a day, generally dinner is all I do. I tested it before to see, 48 hours isn't bad but once I started getting to 72 hours that's when I started getting some lightheadedness and vertigo, so I don't think going 3 days without food is good. 2 days you can get used to but, eh, is there really a point to that?

eh, I've only done the 24-hour fasts on occasion... usually with limiting things to 2 meals it works out to somewhere around 16- to 18 or so hours.  There was 1 time I did a 48-hour fast.  This was also on top of finally starting to care about what and how much of certain foods I eat regularly... like I cut wayyy back on fried stuff (e.g. going with grilled chicken instead of fried; fortunately I happen to like both about the same).  The interesting thing is how much the water keeps the hunger level down... I don't think most people realize how easy the simple factor of drinking more water makes this routine.  Basically, I was bringing a 1-gallon water jug with me to work all the time, back in those good ol' pre-pandemic days.  Occasionally not eating lunch also freed up that hour lunchbreak to do whatever other things like walking/jogging or playing my PS Vita and later the Switch (or both; there's 1 circular path in the building where you can kinda get away with that, since there's nothing to trip over)

...man, I miss those days so much... the world being normal, y'know... going into a building for work every day, dressed up nice, always having my portable system(s) with me for breaks and lunch; heh, most of my playtime on "Dead Cells", and my adventures in Dragon's Crown were on lunch hours at work....things were great.  There was some seriously fine ass girls that worked in that same building too...so it was also nice to sit in the lounge area and watch some incredible eye-candy walk by on occasion.

Edited by MillionX
21 hours ago, Maxx said:

let me pose you guys a question. a friend on fb was talking about baby mutilation ie. ears and circumcision and how its wrong to do both on a baby.

I posed the idea in regards to circumsion in america specifically you should be asking yourself are you setting your kid up for failure. in another country itd be an easier choice for me but in america circumcision is the norm. alooot of girls hate and think its gross to see the hood. With how we treat sexuality in america and with the rise of bullying and know its a sensitive time. as well as the ride of suicides in teens having quadrupled in the past decade...is it crazy for me to take that into account and wanna circumcise a kid.

i think about how rough a time i had as a kid just for being chubby and how i wanted to kill myself alot. now i imagine a situation where a girl might actually had gotten with me before senior year and saw that and just the insults that could have happened.  male teens are 5x more likely to commit suicide as well.

i feel like its something to at least consider . you can big up their self esteem all you want but in end kids will be kids and i feel like you should think about it hard before saying no to snippin the kid.

thoughts?

Not snipped and happy my mother made that choice. her choice was she didn't want to have me endure a painful procedure just after I was born. There's no real benefit from circumcision. You can still clean yourself with a hood. sexual pleasure is more intense with the hood on. If you want to mutilate your child's penis to prevent him from MAYBE being bullied, MAYBE getting ridiculed by some random broad...take time to rethink what is more important.

If peeps REALLY believe in body positivity/my body my choice, then don't snip a boy's foreskin. Let him make that choice as an adult. 

oh yeah, I first saw Anacleto's work in this book I think was called Darkchylde.... I was blown away by the level of detail that dude was putting in everything.  

Angryman is on about this bizarre case where a woman and her boyfriend killed one of the kids, then left the kids in the apartment with the dead body of their brother for a year.

OF COURSE... she has a small charge while the boyfriend is up on a murder charge... of course.  It must be nice to almost always get off with a light slap on the wrist no matter what kind of outrageous criminal shit you do....

I'm convinced they could even make an assassination attempt on a sitting Pres., and they'd likely get off with "probation" and 30 days in prison, maybe a $500 fine 🤣

2 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

So they only assaulted him? Well that was one thing I was wrong about. The treason though, it doesn't change that in the slightest. I challenge anyone that thinks what was done was minor to try to break into the Capitol. It doesn't even have to be when Congress is session. If you survive, I'll buy you a beer. 

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So they only assaulted him? Well that was one thing I was wrong about. The treason though, it doesn't change that in the slightest. I challenge anyone that thinks what was done was minor to try to break into the Capitol. It doesn't even have to be when Congress is session. If you survive, I'll buy you a beer. 

Please don't get me wrong.  If they broke into the capitol building, then put them in jail where they belong.  

I wish they would have done that during the blm/antifa riots.  The only reason they haven't swept all of that under the rug is because of Kyle Rittenhouse's trial.

4 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Everyone always says pay the teachers, I always say pay the sanitation workers. We should make two towns. One without teachers and one without sanitation workers.

According to Indeed, Refuse Collectors (garbage men) are making 70k a year. in NYC that would also be a union job with other benefits.

I don't know any teachers making 70k.

But those two jobs aren't exactly at odds with each other though. So it isn't an either/or proposition.

man, that dream was some epic "comics multiverse" style shit going on....in this one, this universe was tied to what happened in at least one other...somehow I was one of the people aware of this....and some characters in a spaceship had the plan to aim their trajectory at the Death Star (yep)...for some reason this would trigger a disastrous space phenomenon that would warp gravity all around the solar system, and line up the planets for a moment.  I think they wanted to "reset" things.... this was a problem for our universe here as well, as the effect would cause the same shit here....these aliens didn't care about what happened here though.  I had been taken prisoner and was on board their ship when it happened... all kinds of flashing lights and chaos went on when the bastards did it (like incredibly bright white, purplish light everywhere as everything got swung off balance).  Back in our "home" universe this chaos instantly destroyed everything and everyone on Earth and whatever else happened to be established in our part of the galaxy.

Another odd thing here is that the creatures piloting this ship looked like something from the Pokemon franchise... one of the main ones was a small yellow chameleon-looking creature....except they were far more intelligent than the actual pokemon creatures.  No one was able to stop them, and that was that....game over.  DAMN man that dream was some cool shit for so many reasons...like I was living inside an epic sci-fi story, watching it all happen in person...would've been cool if I could record this shit to blu-ray somehow.

anyway, Angryman is back with a continuation of the earlier show

https://youtu.be/MSqD0QmxXyA

it just gets worse the more I find out about this story he's ranting about... of course that crazy bitch was receiving "disability checks" for all her kids...probably still got a check for the one they beat to death and left behind too....

Edited by MillionX

An entire McDonald’s walked off the job in the middle of a shift

‘It’s a walkout!’

Inside the fast-food workers’ season of rebellion

BRADFORD, Pa. — Dustin Snyder was tired of the low wages, the 60-hour workweeks and the impossible-to-please customers, and so in early September the assistant general manager at a McDonald’s here drafted a petition that laid bare months of building anger and frustration.
“We are all leaving,” his petition threatened, “and hope you find employees that want to work for $9.25 an hour.” Nearly all of his two dozen employees had signed it. A few added their own flourishes.
“We need a RAISE,” one scribbled next to her signature.
“Piss off,” wrote another.

Dustin, 21, could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he fed the petition into the fax machine in the McDonald’s office, punched in the number for his bosses 80 miles away in Buffalo and hit send. Another low-wage worker rebellion in a season full of them.
“There are better ways to go about this,” the regional supervisor replied. She had been thinking about boosting pay at the Bradford McDonald’s, she said, but she was not going to give into threats or give up control. Because of the petition, no one was getting a raise. If the workers did not like it, they could quit.

We’re done

In the restaurant’s windowless back office, Dustin was calling Stephanie Kelley, the Bradford McDonald’s general manager, to tell her what was happening.

“What if no one goes with you?” she asked.

“Everyone already said they were,” Dustin replied.

Stephanie was now deciding whether she wanted to be one of them. Like her staff, she had come to feel “degraded” and “belittled” by her bosses and some of the customers. The franchise owner had set the Bradford McDonald’s starting wage at $9.25 an hour, while new workers at his McDonald’s less than 20 miles away in Olean, N.Y., where the minimum wage was higher, were earning $15 an hour. The low pay had made it almost impossible for Stephanie and Dustin to retain workers and keep the restaurant running.

“We will help you get a job that pays better,” Dustin reassured her. He and Stephanie were going to drive everyone to the Burger King, two miles away, where Stephanie knew the general manager and the pay started at $10 an hour.

In the parking lot, a half-dozen employees were waiting on him for rides to Burger King. The line of cars full of hungry and angry customers now wrapped around the building.

“Hey! We just want a Quarter Pounder and fries,” a man called out to Dustin from his car.

“Well we just want to be paid more and treated better,” Dustin replied.

When Dustin ran into one of the McDonald’s Sunday regulars, who gathered at a back table to gossip and complain about their shrinking pensions, he quizzed him about service at the restaurant.

The man grumbled about the rising price of coffee and the “haughty” new staff at the restaurant.

“We didn’t get paid enough,” Dustin replied, “but we tried to treat you well.”

Whenever Dustin passed the McDonald’s, he would take note of the number of cars lined up at the drive-through. “I think they’re losing customers,” he would often say.

About six weeks after the walkout, Dustin noticed that the owner had changed the sign on the restaurant’s marquee. “Hiring starting at $10,” it now read.

The 75-cent raise was all that he and his staff had really wanted and all that they had been fighting for. But, to Dustin, it still felt like a “slap in the face.” His former bosses seemed to be sending him a message that their fight was never really about pay. It was about status and power and proving to Dustin and the others that, despite their modest gains and whatever changes might be taking place in the U.S. economy, they were still replaceable.

Dustin did not regret the walkout. He had “refused to bow down to the big scary corporation,” he said. He had rallied his friends and helped them find similar work at higher pay. Dustin’s lumber mill job would do for now. Maybe the meaning he had been searching for would come later.

about:reader?url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2021/rebellion-mcdonalds-bradford-pa/

I am glad I don't work in that kind of job. I hope more people Glad McDonald's is feeling the heat.

Edited by AriesWarlock
9 hours ago, Sonero said:

They literally stormed the Capitol as Congress was about to certify the election because people who knew there was 0 evidence of wrong doing (this from their own internal documents) had a big demonstration about how things were being stolen from them.

And some of them are still riding for Trump.

What do you call blindly following a political candidate so much that you run into one of the branches of government and take it over solely to stop an entirely legal process from happening that would result in an L for the candidate you voted for?

Because dumb as fuck doesn't start covering it 

There's a difference between dumb and treasonous and apparently a lot of folks have that confused. 

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah they can miss me with that. People have been shot dead for not getting near as close as those fuckers did. 

Edit: They where literally looking for Mike Pence and not to talk. They beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher. They broke into the damn building. While Congress was in session to halt the certification of the election. That's treason. Mind you if I stepped foot on the grounds unarmed on 1/5/21, we wouldn't be talking about this because I'd no longer be drawing breathe.

There's what you want it to be and what it actually is. As dumb as this was, it's not treason.

And do you really care if they'd caught up to Pence? I've seen so many people act like his life is the most sacred thing ever while shitting on him endlessly in any other context. 

Edited by DoctaMario
11 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

And do you really care if they'd caught up to Pence? I've seen so many people act like his life is the most sacred thing ever while shitting on him endlessly in any other context. 

I'm not going to pretend to like Pence, that's beside the point. A mob broke into the Capitol with the intent to lynch the Vice President. If you can't see why that's an issue you are part of the problem. 

This is info I found on that story Angryman is going on about.. (he's still on live at the moment)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-abandoned-children-skeletal-remains-found-texas-n1282247

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/us/abandoned-children-texas-apartment/index.html

"...The mother, Gloria Y. Williams, was charged with injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence involving a human corpse, Gonzalez said."

Fuckin ridiculous... I look forward to how pitiful her sentencing is in comparison to the whatever the dude gets since he's on a MURDER charge (in Texas so....death penalty eligible, probably), of course 😆  Women get to play the game on that baby-mode "Fable 2" difficulty, folks.  Watch... she will be out of prison and living a relatively normal life (probably shacked up with a Deebo and pumping out more kids) while her boyfriend there will be on death row or serving a life sentence (which would get cut short the hard way whenever general population finds out why he's there) with no option of parole.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

This kind of thinking is fucking weird as hell to me. What do you mean why do we care? He's a human being, it's kind of the only reason you need. I don't want anyone killed even if I hate them. I can disagree and call them stupid as fuck all day, i would still try to cut them down from the gallows. Arguing we shouldn't care because Pence is a dick head isn't the kind rhetoric I can ever co-sign. They wanted to hang the guy. The second guy in charge of the contry behind the first guy. They where going to kill him.  

It's fucking treason. Its sooooo blatantly treason. 

Frankly this kind of thinking is exactly why conservatives lose ground every single day and have to cheat their balls off to stay competitive in the political sphere. 

Being a good person and doing the right thing means putting aside your personal feelings and doing the right thing and that means helping Pence even if I fucking hate the guy. He doesn't deserve to die, especially not at the hands of a dumbass violent mob. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

There's a difference between dumb and treasonous and apparently a lot of folks have that confused. 

No we don't. We just aren't trying to come up with goofy excuses to wanting to overthrow legally held elections.

Most of the people who hand out state secrets to spies do it for a little bit of money.  Did they mean to betray the country in some grand sense? Probably not but thats what it amounted to.

Did the people who stormed the Capitol mean to directly fight against a constitutional process held legally at the behest of some gifted? Probably not. They still listened to him and a bunch of others give them no evidence. Then after they got zero evidence, they still acted the fool.

If you continue a grift solely for your own personal benefit and get the entire capitol overrun with loons, what should your punishment be exactly? Because all those goofball deserve their legal spanking, but so do the people who instigated. 

Let's look at the definition of treason based on some the Cornell.edu website:

"The offense of betraying one's own country by attempting to overthrow the government through waging war against the state or materially aiding its enemies. "

Well damn. 

I saw Patton Oswalt last night. Great show. He's in what feels like the early stages of piecing an hour together (he did more crowd work than I'm used to from him), but I'd recommend seeing him if you're a fan and the tour hits close to your town. But I'm about to get on a soapbox here.

I hate to tie this in to Dave Chappelle, but Patton's show last night is another reason I hate cancel culture: sometimes, comedians I like dedicate just a little too much time to talking about that instead of coming up with jokes. There's all this controversy over The Closer, but I still feel that it's just mid: most of his jokes when he veered into LGBT+ are barely jokes and most of those anorexic jokes were played out. It's not about the gay stuff; I'm not an "ally" of the LGBT+, and I'm not an enemy. It's the fact that he spent a majority of the show talking about one topic and (in my eyes) didn't bring the the insight, humor and thoughtfulness I expect from him to it. It was more of a rant. Cancel culture, and Dave's perception of it, is more the root cause vs the LGBT+ community itself. I may have laughed like 5 times, and I was at one of the live tapings of that special.

But Patton was just jokes and had me laughing the whole damn time. Even the crowd work was great*. Thinking on it now, it makes me a bit sad. Patton, though he's great, was just barely good enough to get me out of the house today. This is just one early spot on his tour. Still, I laughed my ass off. On the other hand, I was way past hype to see Chappelle this second time around (saw him before Sticks and Stones in 2019) and came out of his show thinking "Eh, he'll be better next time. He said he was going to stop talking about that shit.".

*We, as a crowd, hit paydirt with a pediatrician who at some point while talking to Patton said "funny story: teenagers don't have pubes anymore". The results of that made the show leave Earth.

^sheeeeitttt, imagine the production costs saved.  Big tech companies would be fighting over that dude.  Someone with that mutant ability could make a niiiice salary (all while the company still saves big on costs since they're just hiring him alone as "production".)

Such a power would definitely be helpful now with the scarcity of certain things... instead of trying to beat the bots with ordering a game system these days, Forge power allows you to just conjure up a PS5 out of thin air, I suppose....and whenever it breaks down, just magically conjure a new one.  I'd also make a dream car appear out of nothing too... preferably an Aston-Martin with the kind of high level tech you'd expect of one driven by James Bond, developed just for him by Q.  I'd have my own real life K.I.T.T. as well.....ooh...and the M.A.D. Mobile (*yes, complete with the transforming functionality for flight and undersea modes)!

Edited by MillionX

FREE Sample of Lovely Day Gluten-Free Bars

Screen-Shot-2021-11-07-at-7.24.57-AM.png

request a FREE Sample of Lovely Day Gluten-Free Bars! Just select “Free Samples” from the promotion type dropdown list on the right and fill out the short form. Expect this sample to arrive within 8 weeks!

https://gfx.showmetry.com/offers/list

https://lovelydaybar.com/collections/snack-bars/products/mixed-pack-chocolate-chip-and-sweet-caramel

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

Did the people who stormed the Capitol mean to directly fight against a constitutional process held legally at the behest of some gifted? Probably not. 

Well there we go. Hence why none of these folks are charged with treason and why 1/6 doesn't fit the constitutional definition of treason. 

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Being a good person and doing the right thing means putting aside your personal feelings and doing the right thing and that means helping Pence even if I fucking hate the guy. He doesn't deserve to die, especially not at the hands of a dumbass violent mob. 

I think I've been hanging out on reddit too long. You're a good guy RSG. But no, it's still not treason because if it was and thesr.folks were truly the "threat to democracy" (lol) were being told they are, then they wouldn't be getting off with trespassing charges. 

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not going to pretend to like Pence, that's beside the point. A mob broke into the Capitol with the intent to lynch the Vice President. If you can't see why that's an issue you are part of the problem. 

I'm not saying I don't see it as a problem, just trying to establish your position. I don't believe they actually intended to lynch Pence, just if I say I want to kill someone in a certain context, I'm not genuinely wanting to kill them. I see enough people using the fact that they claimed to want to lynch pence in disingenuous ways, because they'll say stuff abiut wishing he got covid and died a few posts later. Not saying that's you, just trying to establish the discussion. 

9 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

They had a fucking gallows at the Capitol and a sign that said "Lynch Pence" (lol)

won't float I'm afraid.  If people can get on the mic and say they thought about blowing up the white house, then this too will be covered under free speech.  I mean, there is going TOO far,  (Yelling "Fire!" in a theater ) but whether or not this reaches that limit is up to the courts to decide.

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

If people can get on the mic and say they thought about blowing up the white house, then this too will be covered under free speech.

So an angry mob assaulting police officers, forcing their way into the Capitol while Congress is in session about to certify the election they'he been lied to about being stolen, dudes with zip ties in the chamber floor looking for prisoners, while the mob chants "Lynch Pence" with an erected gallows outside- that's all covered under the first amendment?

50 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Hence why none of these folks are charged with treason and why 1/6 doesn't fit the constitutional definition of treason. 

This is some Turning Points USA levels of selective reading. Lets go back to the whole thing:

"Most of the people who hand out state secrets to spies do it for a little bit of money.  Did they mean to betray the country in some grand sense? Probably not but thats what it amounted to.

Did the people who stormed the Capitol mean to directly fight against a constitutional process held legally at the behest of some gifted? Probably not. They still listened to him and a bunch of others give them no evidence. Then after they got zero evidence, they still acted the fool."

If you drink, drive and hit somebody, it doesn't matter that you didn't intend to hit somebody, you still did it. All those numbnuts that didn't take two seconds to think about what they were mad about decided to breach the government building where the next president was being certified after the proper process was taken. The only result they were going to accept, the people who stormed the Capitol, was that Trump be chosen the winner.

That is a handful of people using violence to make the government change what they are doing. Its either a rebellion or terrorism. You can pick which one you want based on your morals. So let's look at that definition again:

The offense of betraying one's own country by attempting to overthrow the government through waging war against the state or materially aiding its enemies. "

Not everybody at the demonstration went into the capitol. A bunch of people did. They used their numbers to force their way in. Since they used force and shoved innoncent people around who were members of the government, they used violence against the state. this isn't even a stretch, its shit that happened.

But this isn't about definitions or what actually happened. It's about trying to reinterpret things to find excuses for a bunch of people who accidentally committed treason by listening to some dumbfucks who knew they didn't have evidence to back up their claims. Not only did they have zero evidence for it, they then let the mob they assembled eat a fat dick in court.

They're dumb AF for having stormed in not knowing what they were doing and the people who instigated it are sure as hell real silent saying dumb shit like "Oh I don't think anybody reasonable could've believed me when I went on a bunch of right wing news channels and said the election was compromised".

18 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

So an angry mob assaulting police officers, forcing their way into the Capitol while Congress is in session about to certify the election they'he been lied to about being stolen, dudes with zip ties in the chamber floor looking for prisoners, while the mob chants "Lynch Pence" with an erected gallows outside- that's all covered under the first amendment?

The guys who broke in got arrested remember?  I wish they had done this during the BLM/Antifa riots, but they just let them out on the streets despite having plenty of proof of what happened.

I'd love to see pictures of this "Gallows" by the way.  Just for scientific purposes.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm not saying I don't see it as a problem, just trying to establish your position. I don't believe they actually intended to lynch Pence, just if I say I want to kill someone in a certain context, I'm not genuinely wanting to kill them. I see enough people using the fact that they claimed to want to lynch pence in disingenuous ways, because they'll say stuff abiut wishing he got covid and died a few posts later. Not saying that's you, just trying to establish the discussion. 

It's one thing to say stupid shit like "I want to Lynch the Vice President" its another to say "I want to Lynch the Vice President" while breaking into the Capitol looking for the Vice President. Would they have gone through with it if they caught him? It can't be said for certain. Should they get the benefit of the doubt? Nope.

11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You mean like this?

gettyimages-1230476983_square.jpg

bro.  Look at that rope.  Look at that whole thing.  Would you even let your kids swing on that shit?  Sorry, but that doesn't look like it could hold a ragdoll, much less a grown ass man of pence's size.  If the stairs held up long enough to get him up there I'd be surprised.

....................Also:  Nice picture.  They really got a nice shot of a possible murder weapon during an,"Insurrection".  I'm slightly amazed at the amount of media coverage they were able to obtain during a criminal act.  Hell, they may have had more journalists than cops on the scene.  

I'm just sayin.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I think I've been hanging out on reddit too long. You're a good guy RSG. But no, it's still not treason because if it was and thesr.folks were truly the "threat to democracy" (lol) were being told they are, then they wouldn't be getting off with trespassing charges. 

If Snowden is a traitor then so are these people. It's not my fault our government applies the rules unevenly. 

4 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Megashock was better when politics was nearly non existent.

This isn't a conversation about politics. this is a conversation about a riot that happened at the capitol.

I can be unhappy about a million things from all different aisles. But that isn't really the issue. The issue is that people make up a million excuses as to how something that happened wasn't what it was. You had a whole year of having to put up with the shit asses ruining a lot of legitimately peace protests with their nonsense. And that's cool because the people playing defense for dumb dumbs on Jan 6, were the same ones that were happy to call any person showing up to a police brutality process every name in the book.

Now let's get some stuff rolling for the sake of simplicity. If you engaged in destroying private property and made up some quasi moral justification because of a crime in a different state, you're rioting and an asshole. Should get charged as much etc etc etc. Now if you stepped into the Capitol on Jan 6 with the intention that the federal government should overturn the elections, based on the definition Cornell.Edu's law school section gave us, what does that make you?

People wanna take shots at lefties for "reframing" things but goddamn if hobby lobby isn't running some hot sales on how to go about framing a lot of the Jan 6 tomfoolery. Because like in real life, and how it happened in SRK, a lot of motherfuckers are happy with propaganda so long as its propaganda that fits their world view or technically w/e shitty hot take they wanna have.