Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

and in other news...................

Once again, the supply of racism is so low that they have to manufacture hatred to keep up with the demand.  SMH.

I'm reading through the comments on this (yeah yeah.....I know...) and I don't think most people know that Lincoln Project is made up of present and former Republicans.  And it seems Fox is going to gloss over that based on how much I've watched on this video.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm reading through the comments on this (yeah yeah.....I know...) and I don't think most people know that Lincoln Project is made up of present and former Republicans.  And it seems Fox is going to gloss over that based on how much I've watched on this video.

The Lincoln Project is a group of neoconservative establishment republican types, which was created to combat the pro-Trump Republicans. 

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Scarily accurate. I hope they tone down some of the excessive goofiness in SF6 and go for a more mature vibe. Not talking MK or anything on that level, just a bit more grit. 

I doubt it would happen, since is part of the brand. 

What i would hope is that they go with a more stylized artstyle like what they did with mvc3 or what aw is currently doing, to better represent the artstyle of the art designers. 

Edited by Hecatom

MvC2 and MvC3 looked great.  Things went downhill with Street Fighter 5... that shit is ugly, imo.  Necalli's design/concept looks cool, and some of the female character designs are hot but that's about the only positives I could point out.

ah, there is a re-stream of DSP right now... he has a Cookie Monster outfit on for today

It's been a while since I kept up with things.  This channel also has the bonus of funny soundbytes depending on what people type in live chat.  haha someone hit with the "studio audience laughing" sounds right at the perfect time... nice.

Edited by MillionX
34 minutes ago, MillionX said:

MvC2 and MvC3 looked great.  Things went downhill with Street Fighter 5... that shit is ugly, imo.  Necalli's design/concept looks cool, and some of the female character designs are hot but that's about the only positives I could point out.

ah, there is a re-stream of DSP right now... he has a Cookie Monster outfit on for today

It's been a while since I kept up with things.  This channel also has the bonus of funny soundbytes depending on what people type in live chat.  haha someone hit with the "studio audience laughing" sounds right at the perfect time... nice.

My major gripe with the SFV artstyle direction is that is inconsistent.

You can have chars that look actually good, like Chun Li, Cammy, Menat, Zeku to name some, and then you have other chars that look odd to outright bad, like Juri, who looks almost great but the weird hands and feet proportions made her look bad, Necalli which is a wasted character in both design and lore, Ken, Laura and Mika, who have the same problems as Juri, plus their faces looking off.

In general, most chars end looking odd due the hands feet (specially feet) proportions, and if they dont have this issue on some costumes, like the case of Cammy and Kollin, they have it on others like their swimsuits.

I know that classic artsyle has this kind of proportions, but that worked because it was 2d art.

It doesnt translate well into 3d.

I feel that they tried to go for a anime figure graphic style, but the combination of proportions, lighting and the fact that the characters modelling was outsourced to multiple contractors makes the game look inconsistent and ugly at times.

Is no secret that with each fg, capcom has been less and less thrilled to invest money on them.

With SFIV being a decade+ battle between Ono with the execs to get it greenlit. Somthing that only happened after ASW released Battle Fantasia. (funny how that small game that is forgotten now, is the responsible of capcom actually reviving sf, lol)

And the surprise hit that it was, was what allowed to the series to continue and capcom release mvc3, kicking a re invigoration of their fg scenes.

But each game has sold less than the previous one, in part due the outdated model of the time of releasing a revision instead of dlcs, and in part because the nostalgia was wearing off.

Each SFIV revision sold considerable less than the previous one.

MVC3 sold way less than projected, in part because the mvc series despite being a usa fgc darling, has never really been that popular among casuals, and in part because many people saw the writing in the wall that the game would have a revision down the line.

What no one expected was that it would be announced 3 months after the release of the 1st game and released 5 months after the announcement, which not only stopped all momentum of mvc3, but soured a lot of fans and hurt the sales of umvc4 as well.

SFxT was a failure, not meeting expectations, despite being the clash of the 2 most popular franchises at the time.

All of this lead to SFV being done on a smaller budget than previous games, and it shows in many places.

And while it wasnt the only factor (the game launching in an incomplete state didnt help), the game also failed to meet expectations, taking around 3 to 4 years to meet its sales expectations after a lot discount sales on both ps4 and pc.

And funnily enough, this lead to mvci being made on even less money than SFV (with rumors saying being done with the budget of the 1st wave of dlc of sfv), and we all know how that ended.

With Ono gone now, who knows what will happen with the fgs of capcom, the only silver lining is that now they are being shepherd by the Monster Hunter guy, who is the son of the ceo of capcom.

And seeing the commitment they had with the esports scene, perhaps they will be willing to make sf6 a better product than what sfv was at launch.

25 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

"total noob move" 🤔

FDDw9i7WEAICGz-?format=jpg&name=large

They're going to try make it so it's socially unacceptable to decline a dick once you find out that its there.  That's where this feels like they want it to go.  I can't imagine how mad I'd be if I thought I was with a woman through and through and then a dick pops out and when I decline said dick I start getting mocked or hounded for declining the dick that was never brought up to be in the cards in the first place.  I thought they were trying to get people to not cause violence against the community because this is not the way.

sheeeitttt, what a wild dream out of left field there....so I had a dream about being out on the road somewhere with a couple of family members, and we got taken hostage by some friends I knew from the band back in high school.  Later they got picked up by police... then at some point I remembered having a daughter already, like this was an "alternate timeline" story going on....later we met up at the local church for some get-together with those people, but it was outside and I had to leave when a huge amount of pollen "stuff" started floating around in the air...like so much it was visible, like someone poured a giant amount of sand and cotton in the wind.

but now, here's another batch of random 80s commercials I found...appears to be 1989, actually:

...unfortunate thing about falling asleep the past few hours though; Mister Metokur had a live-stream about 3 hours ago so I missed it!  My only hope is that someone will re-upload later then....but even then that's only half the fun when it's not live; I like being in the live-chat.  His live-streams are always gone once the show is over.

Edited by MillionX
7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its some terribad twitter hot takes that hella trans people wouldn't cosign.

Also trust that if a person is trans, your brain is going to pick up on a lot of context clues.

I would like to think this but I'd imagine that there's going to be some people who are going to be oblivious if it's not made apparent from the outset and that type of mentality up above isn't going to help matters.  I'd like to think optimistically that a majority would find this take to be unreasonable but human beings in general over the years have shown that there are probably more people than expected that believe in said hot take.  It's almost the equivalent of reading an obvious danger warning on a warning and thinking  "That's dumb...why would anyone do that?"  without realizing that the reason why the obvious warning is there is because someone did in fact do it.

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

They're going to try make it so it's socially unacceptable to decline a dick once you find out that its there.  That's where this feels like they want it to go.  I can't imagine how mad I'd be if I thought I was with a woman through and through and then a dick pops out and when I decline said dick I start getting mocked or hounded for declining the dick that was never brought up to be in the cards in the first place.  I thought they were trying to get people to not cause violence against the community because this is not the way.

I really don't see that happening on a grand scale. You have a vocal minority making these kind of claims. If someone doesn't want pineapple on pizza, I'll be damn sure they won't eat it. This seems more like some people are trying to make a thing that'll be really hard to be a thing. 

Flip-side, there is also the issue that some folks get "trapped" and then get ragged on in their social circles because of it. 

I agree whole-heartedly on the last statement. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

So I finally watched Night Teeth earlier today.... 

This was certainly above my expectations, actually...I was pleasantly surprised with how cool it was.  It will be added to my collection asap whenever I see this on dvd or blu-ray.  I tend to prefer a regular series though; I would like to see this world in a show/series format.  The vampires were pretty damn cool in this and those girl vamps were HOT.

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

With Ono gone now, who knows what will happen with the fgs of capcom, the only silver lining is that now they are being shepherd by the Monster Hunter guy, who is the son of the ceo of capcom.

And seeing the commitment they had with the esports scene, perhaps they will be willing to make sf6 a better product than what sfv was at launch.

What really needed to happen is some benevolent billionaire/company buying SF/other fighting franchises away from Capcom in 2003, because Capcom and most Japanese corporations are goddamn terrible and slow to adapt. It took them 15+ years to figure what rollback even -was-, let alone all the other problems they have.

2 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

with Ono gone. i have high hopes for SF6.

Really? I don't think he had much influence on 5 anyway. They'll probably still do their multiple installment, shitty netcode, dress up simulator with a fg thrown in on the side tactics.

I'm a lot more hopeful for Project L, whatever it eventually is/whenever it's eventually released.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

would like to think this but I'd imagine that there's going to be some people who are going to be oblivious if it's not made apparent from the outset and that type of mentality up above isn't going to help matters.

⏸️

How exactly are you gonna be coerced to suck a dick you don't wanna suck?

Thats a different issue. Those Transbroads said that a straight man should learn to suck dicks just in case.

So let's take it from that part then we'll tackle the other. If you don't like dick, don't find it attractive and everything else, just how are they gonna convince you that you have to do it anyways?

You really should stop thinking you are going to argue or logic your way past this ideology.  This is a fundamentalist religion of wokeness, they can't be reached that way.  These are just twitter keyboard warriors who say insane nonsense I doubt any of them would adhere to in real life anyway.  I really wish people would stop listening to what twittertards say, we'd be better off as a whole.

Edited by J-ride
3 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

with Ono gone. i have high hopes for SF6.

The thing with Ono is that since he was the face of SF and capcom, it is easy to blame him for everything we don't like about the games, but that is not only unfair but kind of a dumb position to have.

Games like SF and MVC are done by committee in big companies like capcom, is not only Ono taking the shots and deciding what is in and what not.

He was the producer of the game (SFIV series), aka, the manager.

His work was more in line on procuring that every team did their work accordingly and to release the product in time and within the budget.

Be the middle man between the people working on the game and the execs, and the one to ensure that there was a balance on what those who are motivated by profit and those who are motivated on making a good game.

People like to shit on him, but i am sure that the reason why the games didnt turn into absolute shit was because he was and still is a really passionate person about those games.

Capcom was willing to let those series die, rot and be forgotten, but it was his drive that keep pushing them into the forefront as important ips to be worked on.

Like i said, he was the visible face, so it is easy to pile on him, like how with the shitshow that SFV and MVCI were, people liked to blame all of it on him, but he was neither the producer or director of those games.

Instead having a more manager like position between the teams working on the games, and the top execs, and later being moved into a lateral position managing the esports side.

And lets be honest here, with the state that SFV launched, if it wasnt for the esports scene, it would have died, and that while it was in part due the grassroots community, he also had a hand, since he helped organize the events in a bigger manner for those who were part of the capcom pro tour.

I would argue that having Ono involved with the fgs of capcom was actually a blessing, one that sadly many people are unaware or are unwilling to see.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Scanman said:

What really needed to happen is some benevolent billionaire/company buying SF/other fighting franchises away from Capcom in 2003, because Capcom and most Japanese corporations are goddamn terrible and slow to adapt. It took them 15+ years to figure what rollback even -was-, let alone all the other problems they have.

Keep in mind that outside the fgc and a minor sgment of it, rollback netcode has never been seen as a priority.

Not to mention that for most casuals, having rollbacks when playing they see them as glitches.

Is only till recent years that Rollback has become a vocal subject about what a fg needs to have.

There was not really a reason until recently for companies to implement rollback, since not having one was never a factor that affected sales.

Case in point, plenty of smaller games had rollback implemented before capcom games, and those were ignored/didnt see boost in their sales because of it.

Those kind of subjects only become relevant until it affects the bottom line.

Plus, we also have plenty of western developed big games (not only on fgs) that despite rollback being a known tech for years, still dont implement it.

FPS, FGS, Racing Games etc.

MK9, Inj1 and MKX launched with delay netcode for example.

So is not like it is only the japanese companies that are not adapting quick enough.

Also, if we are talking about rollback as in, using ggpo, keep in mind that until recently, ggpo needed to be liscenced, most companies will prefer to keep the licensing of techs at the minimum.

Is only that GGPO2 is a thing, that GGPO has become something like open source, hence you see more people implementing it, or using it as the basis to create new techs, directly or indirectly.

6 hours ago, J-ride said:

These are just twitter keyboard warriors who say insane nonsense I doubt any of them would adhere to in real life anyway.  I really wish people would stop listening to what twittertards say, we'd be better off as a whole.

Agreed. People say a lot of stupid things online that likely won't come up in real life. Thumb-thuggery at its finest. It's just better for us to ignore the Mystic Knights of WASD.

50 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You realize how old that song is fam. Be glad it wasn't 360p 😉

Oh I know. It's the principle of the thing. TI's vocabulary could have easily upscaled it. 

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I demand to know what madman added Jodeci's "Freak N You" as the outro song to Jojo Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind. Give that muthafucker a raise, ASAP 🤣😂

Bruh, the first time I saw the outro of Part 5 had me dying. 

13 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Honestly I was kinda surprised they managed to land mainstream pop songs for Jojo's outros. I was kinda in disbelief when I started hearing "Walk Like An Egyptian" when the credits started rolling in Stardust Crusaders

My guess here is that it's a case of overseas licensing being WAY cheaper to get in countries where the song was never a hit, not realizing that these shows are effectively redistributed all over the world through streaming.