Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

14 hours ago, Maxx said:

If true that's super interesting about the term cowboy 

I thought Cowboy being a derogatory term for black people was common knowledge. One third of what we now universally term as Cowboys were black. Which makes sense because of the time period. A) Be forced to work someone else's land B) Have my own land and firearms to defend myself. Even Kyrie Irving would have sense enough to choose option B

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I thought Cowboy being a derogatory term for black people was common knowledge. One third of what we now universally term as Cowboys were black. Which makes sense because of the time period. A) Be forced to work someone else's land B) Have my own land and firearms to defend myself. Even Kyrie Irving would have sense enough to choose option B

Nope. Def not common knowledge, this is super new to me

31 minutes ago, NinetiesArcades said:

I think celebrity's pet has better health insurance coverage than my nappy ass.

It's worse than you think:

As I've moved into higher-end jobs in the last few years, my employers have started offering me pet insurance as a benefit.  Like, after some invisible threshold of success you can suddenly walk into any pound and give the stray dogs of your choice better lives than most working class Americans 🙃

49 minutes ago, Reticently said:

It's worse than you think:

As I've moved into higher-end jobs in the last few years, my employers have started offering me pet insurance as a benefit.  Like, after some invisible threshold of success you can suddenly walk into any pound and give the stray dogs of your choice better lives than most working class Americans 🙃

I was gonna say that it applies to the majority of Americans. Like Paris Hilton's dog lives a better life then most upper middle class. The only negative is her owner is Paris Hilton which if you ask me is a real deal breaker lol. 

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

yeah, when I think of "cowboy", I'm thinking first about what comes to mind for probably most people---those characters you see in the average western show or movie, or "Character Formerly Known as McCree" in Overwatch.

oh but now... it is almost time:

Like I said . . . 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:55 AM, OPTIMUS124 said:

Two words. . . 

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, misterBee said:

It's the cassette player guy, right?

PUT SOME RESPECK ON HIS NAME!!!!!!!!!

d5zgbgs-b065ac2f-7861-491c-be51-b9c047ea

Dave Chappelle Addresses Massive Backlash Over Trans Jokes: ‘I Am Not Bending to Anybody’s Demands’

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVde5tAFT4H/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=084da6d6-3105-46a6-b2c0-1c6ba080de74

The comedian posted a video Monday of him addressing the controversy at a recent show.

“It’s been said in the press that I was invited to speak to the transgender employees at Netflix and I refused. That is not true,” Chappelle told the audience. “If they had invited me, I would have accepted it, although I am confused about what we’re speaking about. I said what I said, and boy, I heard what you said. My God, how could I not? You said you want a safe working environment at Netflix. Well, it seems like I’m the only one that can’t go to the office anymore.”

He insisted this is not about him versus the LGBTQ community, but “about corporate interests and what I can say and what I cannot say.”

Chappelle also said the invites he got from film festivals for his Untitled documentary were rescinded.

He praised Ted Sarandos and said the Netflix co-CEO is the only one who hasn’t “cancelled” him yet.

Chappelle added a message to the transgender community:

I am more than willing to give you an audience, but you will not summon me. I am not bending to anybody’s demands. And if you want to meet with me, I’d be more than willing to, but I have some conditions. First of all, you cannot come if you have not watched my special from beginning to end. You must come to a place of my choosing and a time of my choosing. And thirdly, you must admit that Hannah Gadsby is not funny.

9 hours ago, MillionX said:

yeah, when I think of "cowboy", I'm thinking first about what comes to mind for probably most people---those characters you see in the average western show or movie, or "Character Formerly Known as McCree" in Overwatch.

Yeah this didn't go at all the way I expected it.

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't think I remember it being mentioned in here but it was found out Alec got handed a gun with a live round in it

https://www.ign.com/articles/alec-baldwin-prop-firearm-accident

Apparently by a dude whos had issues with safety before.  What in the actual man.

Something tells me that dude bout to get charged for it. Murder or some sort of negligence charge

12 hours ago, MillionX said:

welp. Optimus called it.  👍

I think Alucard screwed up when he went with the blood zombie attempt considering the level of downside it has.  In truth I don't know if there was a real way around Dio's stand, but in the end, it doesn't matter.  I guess I didn't expect Alucard to be so outmatched, but when you stack 'em up side by side, it gets pretty obvious who's gonna take the "W".  in the end, Alucard didn't stand a chance against a monster who had the world on his side.

21 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

welp. Optimus called it.  👍

I think Alucard screwed up when he went with the blood zombie attempt considering the level of downside it has.  In truth I don't know if there was a real way around Dio's stand, but in the end, it doesn't matter.  I guess I didn't expect Alucard to be so outmatched, but when you stack 'em up side by side, it gets pretty obvious who's gonna take the "W".  in the end, Alucard didn't stand a chance against a monster who had the world on his side.

It's insanely hard to fight what you can't see. Also, let's be real, time stop was DIO's greatest weapon and also how he was beaten. 

I love it... Angryman has used the audio from this to start off his shows sometimes, and it's awesome each time; I can't get enough of it

^that's some inspiration for ya ass right there, folks.  The machismo here was off the charts.

hahaha surely some wimply ass website writer would do a (clickbait) article on how this movie was "too problematic" in some way, I'm sure. 😆

13 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I can see a person who may be hesitant about the shot, but being against a mask is just absurd, it's a minor inconvenience at most. Even worse when you have actual anger towards those who choose to wear one, like their choice doesn't affect you worst case, at best they're protecting you 

Pure madness 

I am sympathetic to people not being forced to do certain things but I am not a fan of getting violent over some silly nonsense like that.  It's just escalating a situation for no reason and it's better to leave than to fuck around and find out.  Covid has definitely "brought the crazy out" of a bunch of people, and I did see some people almost fight at Costco over the last package of toilet paper which was pretty hilarious.  My wife works in retail pharmacy and someone threw a rotisserie chicken they were eating at her technician which is probably the most ghetto fabulous thing I can imagine because that fat hoe ate half of it before she threw it.  Imagine taking down like half a chicken while you are waiting for your antibiotics for your Clamydia/Gonorreah infection to get filled.... 😆

The more details come out about this Alec Baldwin film the more I'm like wtf. 

-assistant director who handed Alec Baldwin the gun was fired on a 2019 set for a gun firing off. He's one of the guys to claim they checked the gun before handing it to baldwin

-a bunch of reports about unsafe working conditions. 

-a protest happened so they hired a bunch of non union people very quickly to take their place. 

-It went through two people announcing it was a cold gun aka prop gun before handing it to alec

-Donald trump Jr is selling shirts mocking it

It's also pretty creepy that the assistant director of Rust also worked in the sequel to The Crow (where Brandon Lee died).

Also shows how classy the Trumps really are....

Also all those conspiracy theories where supposedly Baldwin had some beef with Halyna Hutchins and shoot her on purpose.

Edited by Lantis
3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

-assistant director who handed Alec Baldwin the gun was fired on a 2019 set for a gun firing off. He's one of the guys to claim they checked the gun before handing it to baldwin

-a protest happened so they hired a bunch of non union people very quickly to take their place. 

-It went through two people announcing it was a cold gun aka prop gun before handing it to alec

-Donald trump Jr is selling shirts mocking it

Not surprised that someone in Trump's camp would jump on the situation regardless of what happened just because Baldwin played him on SNL.  This was going to be inevitable.

Yeah the stuff that's been coming out about the guy and the whole situation has been just a whole lot of negligent nonsense on top of people not truly being held accountable for fuckups.  If dude has been called out before for not checking a gun before hand then that should have at least been something that lead to dude's suspension  but it just feels like either nothing happened or he got a slap on the wrist and dude went about his day.

14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Can't really see the full incident of what happened prior however clearly pushing the older gentleman was definitely a button that shouldn't have been pressed

I wish we could see perhaps five or six minutes ahead about this , but unless another vid jumps up I'll have to go with what I have.  Here goes:

Dude should've just walked.  If the people were hostile to him, no worries.  Bounce.  There's gotta be more places to get what he was after than just that one building.

Don't threaten people:  They might believe you.........................and react in kind.

Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

This pretty much matches up with what I've been seeing.

Folks, this is one thing I learned in the Navy that I still carry with me.  

DO NOT IGNORE SAFETY RULES!!  EVER!!!

THOSE RULES ARE WRITTEN IN BLOOD.  FUCK AROUND AND IT WILL BE YOUR BLOOD!!!

I had heard the part about two other people (And maybe more) supposedly checking the gun too.  Since I am no expert I'll keep out of it.  One thing is for certain:  They didn't do their jobs right that day and it cost one lady her life.  

Also:  Part of the reason that protest and walkout happened was because of the issues they had with safety on the set.  If that is correct, those people have been vindicated in the highest degree, and possibly avoided death.  

I'll just end with this:  When it comes to safety mishaps,  You want to read about it, not be the one they're reading about.

6 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I wish we could see perhaps five or six minutes ahead about this , but unless another vid jumps up I'll have to go with what I have.  Here goes:

Dude should've just walked.  If the people were hostile to him, no worries.  Bounce.  There's gotta be more places to get what he was after than just that one building.

Don't threaten people:  They might believe you.........................and react in kind.

Just my two cents.

This pretty much matches up with what I've been seeing.

Folks, this is one thing I learned in the Navy that I still carry with me.  

DO NOT IGNORE SAFETY RULES!!  EVER!!!

THOSE RULES ARE WRITTEN IN BLOOD.  FUCK AROUND AND IT WILL BE YOUR BLOOD!!!

I had heard the part about two other people (And maybe more) supposedly checking the gun too.  Since I am no expert I'll keep out of it.  One thing is for certain:  They didn't do their jobs right that day and it cost one lady her life.  

Also:  Part of the reason that protest and walkout happened was because of the issues they had with safety on the set.  If that is correct, those people have been vindicated in the highest degree, and possibly avoided death.  

I'll just end with this:  When it comes to safety mishaps,  You want to read about it, not be the one they're reading about.

As someone who has a bunch of stunt men as friends and I'm getting ready to work on a big budget movie for a scene I can say all my people's are top notch. This sounds like a shit show

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl are dead because of that kid but the judge is worried about offensive terms, then pics actual offensive terms to use to describe the deceased? Can't say I'm suprised...... 

I don't get how that's loaded but all the other terms aren't. Lmfao. This kids gettin off Scott free. Even though he was under aged with an illegal gun. 

Incoming "I don't want to stop him from enjoying college" line

Dude is underage and went across state lines, many miles away with an illegal gun, that right that should set off immediate alarms he was up to no good. But I don't see him getting more than probation at most

Meanwhile, this girl assaulted a handicapped teacher because of a TikTok challenge and they're considering giving her 10 years (not saying she doesn't deserve punishment, she does, however but u get my point) 

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I don't get how that's loaded but all the other terms aren't. Lmfao. This kids gettin off Scott free. Even though he was under aged with an illegal gun. 

Incoming "I don't want to stop him from enjoying college" line

I have a cousin that spent 20 years in jail and didn't kill any damn body. One of co-workers, who is white, just told me yesterday how one of his black friends got 27 years for manslaughter when a guy reached for a gun to shoot him and he got to his and shot first. Dude literally got 27 years for self defense. This entitled dip shit is about to get off for traveling across state lines to a conflict and killing people with a weapon he wasn't old enough to legally wield. Shit makes me angry. If he brought a weapon across state lines that's even worse.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have a cousin that spent 20 years in jail and didn't kill any damn body. One of co-workers, who is white, just told me yesterday how one of his black friends got 27 years for manslaughter when a guy reached for a gun to shoot him and he got to his and shot first. Dude literally got 27 years for self defense. This entitled dip shit is about to get off for traveling across state lines to a conflict and killing people with a weapon he wasn't old enough to legally wield. Shit makes me angry. If he brought a weapon across state lines that's even worse.

Like his whole defense was he was gonna go protect stores.. Across state lines that he had absolutely no connection to

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Like his whole defense was he was gonna go protect stores.. Across state lines that he had absolutely no connection to

His defense is as ridiculous as the police officers that did fuck all about him. They knew he was there and did nothing. They're complicit in what went down in eyes. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 10/24/2021 at 3:23 PM, Abbachio said:

Came across very interesting, and very macabre, youtube channel a few nights ago. Basically it's short documentaries on various tragedies through history from theme park fatalities, power station/industrial fires, plane crashes, building collapses, radiation fuckery etc. The videos usually cap off on how these sorts of things are due to negligence in safety or even if every safety protocol was adhered to the legislation would then be changed and made safer. Obviously very dark subject matters but I've found them so interesting I've watched all this guys videos in like 2 nights. From this I learned the USA almost nuked itself... twice... in the same day.

A couple of others  found really interesting 

Hide contents

I have been following Fascinating Horror since day 1, i stpo everything i am doing as soon as he uploads a new vid 😂

Man, fuck. I got spoiled on a very key event in Squid Game (which I'm watching) from some random article talking about how the creator isn't raking in a lot of coin off of it. I thought "they're just talking about money", and walked right into it. They unveiled a key piece of information that doesn't kill the show for me, but takes a lot of suspense away. They did it unprovoked too; It had a loose connection at best with what they were talking about. Then they had a spoiler warning AFTER the first instance of the spoiler. Ugh.

Gotta remember the rules to not read ANYTHING on what you're watching until you're done. After a certain time limit, people just don't care.

What's the most random place you guys got spoiled on something you wanted to see?

Edited by axeman61

Somebody randomly spoiled the end Infinity War for me in the comments section of a FB post that had NOTHING to do with marvel, movies or comics at all, just because. I was pissed 

Since, then I usually try to stay off social media or try to watch a show/movie the same day it comes out to varying degrees of success