Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

People's opinion on Rittenhouse seems to be entirely linked to their political ideology and which news sources they follow.  Be aware though, key "facts" that people keep repeating are narratives that are entirely based on political bias which is not at all how the justice system should work, but ask any lawyer will tell you the court of public opinion is VERY important to getting your defendant a fair trial.  Personally I'm getting a little tired of it being OK for protestors to just destroy innocent people's livelihoods because they feel like throwing a political temper tantrum.

11 minutes ago, J-ride said:

People's opinion on Rittenhouse seems to be entirely linked to their political ideology and which news sources they follow.  Be aware though, key "facts" that people keep repeating are narratives that are entirely based on political bias which is not at all how the justice system should work, but ask any lawyer will tell you the court of public opinion is VERY important to getting your defendant a fair trial.  Personally I'm getting a little tired of it being OK for protestors to just destroy innocent people's livelihoods because they feel like throwing a political temper tantrum.

You can have the opinion rioting is bad and still recognize the kid broke a bunch of laws that could only have led to him either getting hurt or killing someone both very avoidable actions had he just stayed home. His actions were very deliberate 

This is yet another reminder that if you guys have people on the edge of death you're even tangentially responsible for, to get their affairs (like will, estate) in order BEFORE they pass. I've been dragging my feet on this estate stuff for my mom, but it feels like there's an unwelcome surprise every time I look up. You don't want to be getting this shit in order without them there. Fuck.

Edited by axeman61
24 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

This is yet another reminder that if you guys have people on the edge of death you're even tangentially responsible for, to get their affairs (like will, estate) in order BEFORE they pass. I've been dragging my feet on this estate stuff for my mom, but it feels like there's an unwelcome surprise every time I look up. You don't want to be getting this shit in order without them there. Fuck.

My parents are going to be  their 70s in a couple years and I've been urging them to take care of this stuff. Really sorry to hear about this. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
9 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I'm sorry to hear this man.  Yeah I never had to go through it myself, but you aren't the first to say that it's a pretty big hassle to do without that person there.  I hope you get through it and can get some rest soon.

11 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I'm sorry to hear this man.  Yeah I never had to go through it myself, but you aren't the first to say that it's a pretty big hassle to do without that person there.  I hope you get through it and can get some rest soon.

My wife lost her father back in August. The entire process has been a cluster. Not only is the grief there, but you have to actively sort through their life to make sense of where things are. 

I lost my mom about 9 years ago now.  Took FMLA leave from work to take care of her for the last year of her life.

The long leave cost me an awful lot personally, but having that time to proactively get her affairs in order definitely streamlined the aftermath.  If you can, I'd recommend taking some vacation time to help any terminal loved ones with their will and estate planning before they get too sick.

Michael Baisden (radio show host) always comes thru with the juicy topics on his facebook page...he brought out the old meme/saying today---"where are all the good guys?  In the friendzone where ya left them"...haha he's always just tossin' out a bomb out there for his community of fans to discuss.  As usual I feel compelled to check every comment on that but it's insane already at 600+ replies....would be nice if I could chime in as well but y'know.... it's fb and you can't get away with certain "uncomfortable" or potentially offensive truths so fuck that, I could just observe things like Uatu the Watcher as usual.

It's also funny to check for any of those silly ones that say that "zone" isn't even a real thing.  Whenever I hear someone say that... I'm already preparing for their explanation behind it to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.  It still shocks me that even my Dad is one of those people, actually.  I'd never voice my disagreement with him on it though, because arguing with him only guarantees that your blood pressure will spike to 9,099/899 immediately *and* that he will continue arguing his point for the next several years at the least.

anyway, it's interesting to see quite a few ladies in there stating what I'd agree is the real truth of the matter----> if you got friendzoned...that person is NOT physically attracted to ya.  At least 99% of the time it's just that simple....doesn't really take a rocket scientist to sort out.

7 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

65092529_10211318023426708_3842151655646

In some cases, it's OK to be mildly uncomfortable 🤣 

yo.  are you looking over my shoulder or something?  This describes my past four hours.  

ProTip:  Don't get an abscessed tooth late in the evening.  The VA ain't gonna be much help to you.

7 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

It looks like a lot of creatures keep forgetting that Elephants are the largest land animals and they've had quite a while to figure out how to throw their weight around effectively.  They punch things with their trunks.  Yes.  They will stick their noses in your business.  Really........REALLY.............hard.  The croc didn't know.  Now he does.  

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

It's like Jada Pinkett is on a never ending quest to embarrass Will Smith any chance she gets. I feel like she legit hates her own husband, can't be good for his mental 

I shudder to ask what's happening this time.  I know will ain't trying to hear it, but bro. PULL THE DAMN PLUG ON THIS SHIT!!  IF anybody should get to the choppa, it's YOU.  This shit ain't no good anymore.  It's time to GEDDOUT.

On a different note, here's a video from Caleb City that I think every one of us can relate to.

‘HOLD MY COSTAS’: LSU Fan Anxiously Begs for Help with Protecting His Sunglasses as Brawl Erupts

It’s hard not to wonder what sports fans are thinking when they start brawling in the stands. Never would I have guessed “protect my expensive sunglasses” was the answer 🤔

LSU traveled to Vaught Hemingway Stadium over the weekend to face their rival Ole Miss in The Magnolia Bowl, where the tension spilled into the crowd. While LSU took a beating on the field, losing 31-17, their fans attempted to put up a tougher fight in the stands.

In one video of the fight, an LSU fan begins to enter the ring, before bending over to pick something up. The fan quickly turned around and yelled “HOLD MY COSTAS!” with a sense of panic, attempting to express the importance of protecting his expensive sunglasses.

After passing off his shades, the LSU fan returned to action, firing off a few swings on the group of Ole Miss students (probably frat pledges) who were wearing suits, giving off some serious private school vs public school vibes.

After five straight losses to LSU, Ole Miss notched their first Magnolia Bowl win since 2015. Ole Miss moved to an impressive 6-1 on the season, while LSU infuriated their fanbase with the loss and continued down a steep demise since winning the National Championship in Jan. 2020.

7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

It's like Jada Pinkett is on a never ending quest to embarrass Will Smith any chance she gets. I feel like she legit hates her own husband, can't be good for his mental 

I cannot imagine being as rich as Will Smith, as good looking, as tall AND STILL getting disrespected like that.  No matter how much more money he has than me, he's never gonna live down that his wife got smashed by a guy named after a summer month.  When you see them together in interviews she mouths off to him and he just takes it like a bitch.

I haven't checked Obsidian's shows in a long time, but this one certainly caught my attention in the recommended section...(I timestamped for when he actually gets to the topic, since all these youtubers tend to ramble on forever before getting to the subject)

It doesn't even matter if they are actually intelligent, and "accomplished" in life... give them a choice between an "Urkel" and a "Deebo"...9 times out of 10 she's picking Deebo...even when they KNOW it only leads to negative results.  Really, we expect this sort of stupidity from your average dumb hoodrat, but the "evolved" ones are stupid in this aspect of life too.

It's funny how many men and women in our society like to pretend (for various interesting reasons) like this isn't the case.

Edited by MillionX

Lmfao watched the fgc melt the fuckin fuck down again. 

Pokimane one of the biggest streamers int he world through a company she co-owns now is a co-owner of Evo with Sony. Which in itself is like wtf I thought Sony outright owned it but whatever. 

Now the fgc per usual is going through its 7 stages of grief where denial is like a year long arc lmfao. 

10 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I barely know who Pokimane is, but who the fuck cares who is or isn't a partial owner?  Like Sony isn't going to still have full veto power on everything Evo regardless.

Shit, we could all run out and buy a share of Sony stock each and be a "partial owner of Evo" too.

Co-owner implies more of a 50/50 not partial owner. But I don't know the details for sure. But the articles are saying Co-owner. 

I can't find any articles saying if their only partial owners every article says rts is a co-owner with Sony. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dbloom/2021/10/27/gamer-influencer-pokimane-joins-other-side-of-business-launches-rts-management-firm/?sh=38116e1f28d5

Edited by Maxx
4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Co-owner implies more of a 50/50 not partial owner. But I don't know the details for sure. But the articles are saying Co-owner. 

Yeah, the original blurbs about the sale mention Sony bought it in partnership with some sort of media event company.  But even if it's 50/50 on paper, Sony is still going to be the money and lawyers partner, so I doubt anything happens with Evo if they aren't okay with it.

Probably her company will do most of the heavy lifting organizing and advertising Evo events, but at the end of the day it's still going to have to be what Sony thought they were buying.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, the original blurbs about the sale mention Sony bought it in partnership with some sort of media event company.  But even if it's 50/50 on paper, Sony is still going to be the money and lawyers partner, so I doubt anything happens with Evo if they aren't okay with it.

Probably her company will do most of the heavy lifting organizing and advertising Evo events, but at the end of the day it's still going to have to be what Sony thought they were buying.

It may be rts are the group if we have major issue the people to actual bug instead of big daddy Sony. Especially with Pokimane being so tyed into the current gaming world and has alot of the fgc streamers as friends or connects 

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Looks like I am gonna be waiting for the Pixel 6.

Same.  I snoozed and lost on the Pro preorder.  Though it looks like the non-Pro is still available on the Google store site (including unlocked).

Probably should just get the normal model- only wanted the Pro for the better camera, and I'm not sure if that's really worth all the extra money to me.

4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Same.  I snoozed and lost on the Pro preorder.  Though it looks like the non-Pro is still available on the Google store site (including unlocked).

Probably should just get the normal model- only wanted the Pro for the better camera, and I'm not sure if that's really worth all the extra money to me.

Crazy thing is that I preordered it on the 19th. 

From what I have read, the camera, screen refresh rate, and the 4GB RAM difference isn't really that much of an improvement. That's why I ultimately settled for the 6 with a the additional storage space. 

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

...Really, we expect this sort of stupidity from your average dumb hoodrat, but the "evolved" ones are stupid in this aspect of life too.

It's funny how many men and women in our society like to pretend (for various interesting reasons) like this isn't the case.

Patrice O'neal talked about how the more accomplished a woman is the more she wants a man to tell her to STFU and dominate her.  I remember one episode in particular they had some hot doctor/psychologist on Opie and Anthony and the other guys were SIMPING hard and Patrice was pretty much telling her she wasn't shit and by the end of the show he had her stripping down to get his validation... 😆

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

Patrice O'neal talked about how the more accomplished a woman is the more she wants a man to tell her to STFU and dominate her.  I remember one episode in particular they had some hot doctor/psychologist on Opie and Anthony and the other guys were SIMPING hard and Patrice was pretty much telling her she wasn't shit and by the end of the show he had her stripping down to get his validation... 😆

TBH most men are naturally dominant, nature kind of has that figured out already, but you can condition that out with threats. That's why rich powerful men still do all that shit, they know/think they're above the law, and don't get caught until they're elderly. And why men from third world countries are also naturally dominant. It's Western men, especially those that are educated especially in large cities and the like, who are particularly weak and effeminate. This is also true in white collar work outside of the very top levels, who play by different rules.

All of these types of "new research" revelations are stuff that everyone knew prior to some 50 or so years ago. If you read a lot of older stuff, which honestly everyone should, gender relations are nothing new and all this stuff was known. Everyone should read Plato's "The Republic" because it covers practically everything and yes that includes gender stuff and homosexuality and a lot of this other stuff that today's society will insist only started in the 70s onward or that justifies some rich kid getting massive research funds to "study" something and publish it.

I am of the belief that if everyone over the age of 20 died tomorrow, almost all of the current problems immediately go away and humanity thrives for a good several decades minimum until the same issues start rolling again. Current society meta has existed too long without a reset is all, so it gets more and more absurd. A lot of this is again because resets just don't happen anymore, if you study history you see the patterns, but people don't want to even though they love repeating adages like history repeating. This current social structure is honestly impressive in how they've essentially managed to remove the contraction phase economically and unrest socially. They've extended out the decline phase to pretty much a permanent expansion and stagnation cycle. Infinite growth via inflation, never deflation, yet no collapse of any kind, which is the historical precedent through all of civilization and every economy prior. It was thought this was impossible. Karl Marx claimed it was indeed possible, and the greatest irony is probably that this is his system in action but we call it capitalism while calling his version communism I guess.

...and that oddly enough reminds me--- one of the most interesting possibilities of ancient civilizations, at least to me--- any moments where this species did indeed go through a general "hard reset".  It's only fairly recent that specialized information has been easy/accessible to the average person....and imagine what happened in ancient times when a "Great Flood" or other disaster kills a lot of people at once, and destroys whatever progress had been made up to that point.  There was something I read about recently about homo sapiens nearly being wiped out a long time ago....(*quick internet search again...there we go https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/10/22/163397584/how-human-beings-almost-vanished-from-earth-in-70-000-b-c )

That would be a possible explanation behind certain things that were built that seem like they should be nearly impossible for ancient people...at least prior to the use of metal tools and complex machines to make things drastically easier.

If only I had a time machine to observe all the fascinating details of this shit for myself.  I'd enjoy being the real life time-traveling "Uatu the Watcher" from Marvel.