Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

26 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Nothing is 100% unless it comes directly from the company.  At this point its just highly likely to be true what with everyone coming out of the woodwork saying it is including all the reliable leakers and then Amazon Mexico with their goof of putting up a place holder with no picture of the item.  If there was any marketing materials floating around or an actual picture that'd put us in the 90% area with everything else we have.  Everything is still "rumor" until we get the 100% confirm from the company.

Fair point it's not truly 100%. I think it's in the bag at this point. Once Nintendo declined to comment. It was a wrap for me. I've seen how they operate. If the announcement was even a few months off they'd deny it. For them to not even do that means something is most likely imminent. Frankly, I'll be glad when this situation is resolved.  Honestly, I'm so tired of hearing about a "Switch Pro." The sooner we get a name, the sooner I never had to hear "Switch Pro" ever again.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Now all we need is a release date

Looks like he still doesn’t use weapons and picking them up as him will just make him throw it.

All I really cared about was Max.

And HE looks OP as all fuck.

Which pleases me.

If anything, I would have wanted Zan, next.

ok yeahhhh that game Berserk Boy is SO bought.  I like everything I see there.

New Switch---good thing I waited on getting my 2nd one then...I always planned on getting another one at some point as a backup, for a smooth transition whenever my first one dies or has some serious problem.... this is also 1 of the many reasons I prefer to get physical games whenever I have the choice.  Then...going from the first one to system #2... the transition is as simple as taking the cart out of 1 and putting that into the new system, just like the good ol' days.

Diablo though--- I never tried the Firebird set dungeon until my latest session yesterday... at least with the way the set functions now, it was easy... "mastered" it on the 2nd attempt, actually... that particular challenge is one of the only ones to actually worry about during a season, since the requirements for most set dungeons are pretty damn tough.. (*stuff like "kill x enemies with this particular skill effect active" + "don't get hit by this enemy" + kill everything within this time limit, etc....stuff that takes a little more thought and planning than the usual *kill everything* mindset when playing this game...or most other arpgs.)  Anyway, my firebird wizard is completely ridiculous at this point.... sheet dps is a comfortable 1.2 mil, and I have 4-piece Tal Rasha set bonuses still in play on top of the firebird stuff.  This is yet another build in the game that hits regularly for hundreds of billions in damage, and often into the trillions as well.....and it's still not even fully optimized yet.  As they say, this still isn't even my final form.

Edited by MillionX

Dark Souls continues to be something I alternate between thinking is amazing and something that makes me want to punch Miyazaki in the face. 

I'm stuck at Sif because I don't seem to be doing much damage at this point. He's not hard but he hits like a truck and at most, I'm doing 191 damage on a jumping R2. 

I defeated the gold golem that was holding Dusk hostage, but the treasure that was supposed to drop didn't drop. 

I can't join the Sunbro covenant and get the miracle I need because I keep getting toasted by that fag dragon that has nothing better to do than sit his fat going-extinct ass up at the end of the bridge. 

Needless to say I played about 2 hours and accomplished little to nothing. That's the part of Souls games I hate. I'm about to stop being proud and just use a walkthrough, games like this are usually over my head anyway. 

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

The funniest thing about this are the journalists getting angry in the comments.

The truly funniest part is that if he every loses his job, he can always go and easily get a Masters Degree, because he already has modern day Academic Writing pretty much down pat.

Edited by JHDK

YO.

@ everyone:

I was reading the comments and laughing at the serious tears of salt, when I came across something I know nothing about.

What are "checkmarks", as referenced in the comments?

Thanks, y'all.

Edited by JHDK
10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

People with checkmarks are usually verified professionals, celebrities, influencers or some type of public figure.  

Oooooh.

I was guessing that it was some kind of identity movement or something.

That's actually much worse, and far more hilarious because of it. 🤣

Thanks, man.

Edited by JHDK
Just now, JHDK said:

Oooooh.

I was guessing that it was some kind of identity movement or something.

That's actually much worse, and far more hilarious because of it. 🤣

Thanks, man.

It's not an identity movement. It's suppose to show that it's the official account of that person or brand. There's a lot of troll accounts out there that pretend to be people. 

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's not an identity movement. It's suppose to show that it's the official account of that person or brand. There's a lot of troll accounts out there that pretend to be people. 

That's almost funny, yet sad.

I remember way back in the day, some loser on SRK got pissed at me, and made a jabhakdoukenSRK Xbox account to play Ken shittily in SF4. I probably kicked the living shit out of him online and/or real life, too.

Which was triply hilarious, because I eschewed the 360 completely because of the RRoD, and that I went by Sites008 on both PSN and Steam, and that I always felt embarrassed for anyone who used their SRK handle in their gaming tag, much less slapped an SRK onto the end.

Also I played Cammy, but mained Hawk post Vanilla.

Edited by JHDK
On 5/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, DoctaMario said:

Dark Souls continues to be something I alternate between thinking is amazing and something that makes me want to punch Miyazaki in the face. 

He would be so happy to hear this. 

I'm stuck at Sif because I don't seem to be doing much damage at this point. He's not hard but he hits like a truck and at most, I'm doing 191 damage on a jumping R2. 

This fight could be saved for much later anyway. 

I defeated the gold golem that was holding Dusk hostage, but the treasure that was supposed to drop didn't drop. 

What treasure? The Golem drops Dusk. What item are you looking for? You probably just need to reload the location. You can do this by quiting to the main menu and reloading your save. Course at this point you just need to go down there and look again probably. 

I can't join the Sunbro covenant and get the miracle I need because I keep getting toasted by that fag dragon that has nothing better to do than sit his fat going-extinct ass up at the end of the bridge. 

Approach from the Undead Parish direction...like...ride the elevator from Firelink and back track to the bridge past through the area with the armored boar. Or take the route under the bridge with the sewer rats. 

Needless to say I played about 2 hours and accomplished little to nothing. That's the part of Souls games I hate. I'm about to stop being proud and just use a walkthrough, games like this are usually over my head anyway. 

Just ask for advice. These games where designed with the idea you would talk to other players. Like thats why you can literally leave hint (And troll) messages for others players. Miayazaki wants you to talk with other players. He was aiming to try and recreate that old school mentality of getting stuck in like Zelda 1 and talking to your friends at school about it and you all pooling your tips and tricks together to find victory, or you know telling your friend if you get all perfects in SFII then double perfect Akuma in less then 30 seconds per round you unlock Shen Long!!!!

Edited by RSG3

apparently there's all kinds of questionable shenanigans going on since cross-play in Gears 5 ... Avexys' vid here highlights someone that apparently had a 1-shot Lancer and Boltok

*edit---ohhhh I see... there's a moment in this clip where I noticed the game registers this dude's 1 boltok shot as 2?!  He made what appears to be one shot which killed Avexys instantly but the game said he did "100% in 2 hits" 🤣

it looks like the same person here in Icy's vid... right away you see from the first kill..."100% in 3 hits"....off one shot

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Yea again that fight can be done later. The item you get from it won't be relevant for you for a good while still. 

I watched a video for getting to the Sunbro covenant and the guy stood in front of the stairs that go up to the bridge and the dragon flew down and away. I've been going to the indent across from the stairs on the other side of the bridge. Is there something I need to have done to get the dragon to GTFO or will just standing by the stairs do it? 

The cool thing about this game is that there's a lot you can do at any given time, but based on where you are and what level you're at, that could be an exercise in frustration (like the cemetery I'd you try to go in early.) This game definitely allows more freedom than the others seem to.

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Its not that he's even that difficult, it's just that if he hits me, it's for about 50% life and the best thing I have is a +5 Reinforced Club. Just takes a lot of doing the same thing right and not getting swiped. 

Sif is waxing your ass because technically you're not supposed to fight her until after Ornstein and Smough. As for your weapon, you'll want to upgrade it by getting the Large Ember in the Depths in the chest behind the butcher lady. Oh and if you plan on fighting the Gaping Dragon down there, you'll want to go through the tunnels and kill the Channeler chilling on the balcony first. It'll make that fight 100x easier.

58 minutes ago, Makrow said:

Sif is waxing your ass because technically you're not supposed to fight her until after Ornstein and Smough. As for your weapon, you'll want to upgrade it by getting the Large Ember in the Depths in the chest behind the butcher lady. Oh and if you plan on fighting the Gaping Dragon down there, you'll want to go through the tunnels and kill the Channeler chilling on the balcony first. It'll make that fight 100x easier.

Thank you. I just got to the depths and that first fucking butcher rekt me because I rolled off the stairs when she hit me and she hit me again before I was able to recover 😤

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Thank you. I just got to the depths and that first fucking butcher rekt me because I rolled off the stairs when she hit me and she hit me again before I was able to recover 😤

You're quite welcome. BTW there's a huge shortcut behind the butcher lady. You'll have to break the boxes with a roll, but you'll fall through a little chute that will put you on a platform right above the rat mini-boss. There's also a body on the other side that holds a spider shield (an essential item that makes Blighttown much more bearable if you didn't pick the Bandit as your starting class) . Kill the rat, then slide down the ledge of the waterfall on the left (be sure to keep to the left or you'll fall into the curse frogs area. You definitely don't want that).

19 minutes ago, Makrow said:

You're quite welcome. BTW there's a huge shortcut behind the butcher lady. You'll have to break the boxes with a roll, but you'll fall through a little chute that will put you on a platform right above the rat mini-boss. There's also a body on the other side that holds a spider shield (an essential item that makes Blighttown much more bearable if you didn't pick the Bandit as your starting class) . Kill the rat, then slide down the ledge of the waterfall on the left (be sure to keep to the left or you'll fall into the curse frogs area. You definitely don't want that).

I've heard about the curse frogs area 🤮 I actually got the Spider Shield somewhere. Haven't really used it since I got the Grass Crest one but that's a good tip and I'm glad I have it now lol. 

I managed to join Sunbros, got and leveled up the Claymore which has a moveset very similar to the Holy Moonlight Greatsword in Bloodborne which I like, and I've been exploring the formerly flooded area of New Londo Ruins. 

Backstabbing is really finicky in this game. I haven't quite gotten the hang of where I need to be to get it to work but the darkwraiths in New Londo will probably be good practice. 

4 hours ago, PussyStuffer said:

btw,

did you guys know genshin impact has made over 1 billion dollars already? it hasnt been released for entire year yet i think. wow.

Gacha BoTW clone with anime pretty girls and boys on both mobile and consoles. Yet it also has ok game play.

You can't say the team that made it didn't do their jobs or doesn't provide for it's audience.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Is there something I need to have done to get the dragon to GTFO or will just standing by the stairs do it? 

Walking through the draw gate will make the Dragon fly away.  You can also shoot his tail off from the area below the bridge and get a gimmicky weapon.