Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Late to the MonHun convo. 

I assume is because the hours i usually play, but most of the randos i get paired usually play well, i would say just 1 of 10 times my hunts fail. 

Also, we rarely take beyond 20 mins (with the average being between 10 and 15 mins) 

Funny enough, 9 out of 10 times the randos are japanese, lol. 

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

Soooo unsurprisingly, Marvel's Avengers is doo doo butter and if I want a good Marvel game I should get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? 

yeah... the gameplay of Avengers still looks like fun to me, and I'm quite tempted just to get it to at least have fun as Hulk and Thor (and I think Black Panther was going to be added at some point?)....but just on the roster choice alone, Ultimate Alliance 3 kills it.  There's soooo many great characters to play in MUA3, complete with the team bonuses you get for teaming certain people up.  edit--this reminds me; it's been a while since I played MUA3, and I still haven't unlocked everyone yet.  The last time I played was shortly after the legendary Blade and Morbius were out.

On the World of Darkness/Vampire front....they just posted this interview with one of the guys from "Sharkmob", the company producing the upcoming Vampire battle royale game:

Edited by MillionX
14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Hard disagree here. As far as Marvel's new batch of characters good she's one of fan favorites along with Miles Morales. If the Avengers game was a success it would have raised her stock much like how PS4 Spider-man raised the stock of Mr. Negative. 

Lmao wut? 

Nigga, the fuck are you talking about. 

Kamala's books keep getting cancelled for a reason, she doesnt resonate with readers at all. 

Marvel keeps rebooting her books just to be cancelled in a couple of months because they keep tanking. 

I dont doubt she has some fans, but so far, it seems that without the stubbornness of marvel trying to make her a thing, she would have been already relegated to obacurity. 

45 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Lmao wut? 

Nigga, the fuck are you talking about. 

Kamala's books keep getting cancelled for a reason, she doesnt resonate with readers at all. 

Marvel keeps rebooting her books just to be cancelled in a couple of months because they keep tanking. 

I dont doubt she has some fans, but so far, it seems that without the stubbornness of marvel trying to make her a thing, she would have been already relegated to obacurity. 

I think you are confusing Kamala with Carol. Kamala has never really been cancelled. Her books only got relaunched  twice. The first one happened because Marvel had a company wide relaunch for all their books.

Her first run was 19 issues. Her second run is 39 issues and that one ended because her creator left the book. The current run is 16 issues in already and more to go. She's got 74 issues to her name combined which is remarkable for any new character in comics. She is a hit.

Edited by Hawkingbird

More to go? 

You mean the book that was announced to be cancelled by january? 

And tell me how is a hit when the books rarely register on the top 100 sellers chart. 

Its average number rarely exceed 15k monthly, rounding usually between 10k and 13ish k

Kamala surely is pushed hard by marvel, but she doesnt really sell. 

Hell, she even sells less than Capt Marvel on average. 

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

More to go? 

You mean the book that was announced to be cancelled by january? 

And tell me how is a hit when the books rarely register on the top 100 sellers chart. 

Its average number rarely exceed 15k monthly, rounding usually between 10k and 13ish k

Kamala surely is pushed hard by marvel, but she doesnt really sell. 

Hell, she even sells less than Capt Marvel on average. 

The direct market isn't the only market. Kamala success has largely been in trades in the book market and digital. The direct market is for people that want the same old shit. It's why barely hanging on by a thread. 

I wasn't aware her book was ending in January. Most modern books would kill to reach 75 issues. She'll likely get another book by the time the Disney+ show drops. 

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'd like to say I hope he doesn't sell 3/4 of his stock and he ends up being stuck with them unable to return but people are too thirsty out here.  He'll make his money because the impatient people enable him.

This will likely be the case. The only true negative is that this is the holiday season. Most stores grant you till Jan 16 to return. 

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

This is also a perfect example of why you can only mitigate scalpers but you can never truly stop them.

True. For Transformer releases, Hasbro started doing Captchas to stop scalpers from depleting the stock.  I am surprised that Best Buy hasn't done something similar. 

8 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Miles is fucking dope. I played through the first part in fidelity mode, which is default, and it looks amazing. I'm gonna switch it over to performance and get that 4K 60fps experience going when I boot it up again. 

That one mod where you get the same animation movement frame rate as in Spider-verse is a cool thing. The intro for the game got me hyped up for play. 

Still hate this Equate-version of Tom Holland as Peter Parker. 

120 FPS

On February 5 2021, the following titles will be simultaneously released to celebrate the four year anniversary of the Nioh franchise:

• Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 4)
  • Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
  • Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
  • The Nioh Collection (available on PlayStation 5)

Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition will allow players to experience the comprehensive Nioh 2 story, including all three of the DLC expansions on their PlayStation 4 consoles. 

For everyone that recently purchased the PlayStation 5 console, you will be able to experience the complete Nioh 2 adventure in Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition, along with a remastered version of the first entry in the series: Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition. If you would like all of this content in one convenient place, we have the perfect title for all of your Nioh needs. Get ready to relive the entire series with all DLC included for both titles in The Nioh Collection for PlayStation 5. 

All of the titles available on PlayStation 5 will support 4K resolution for crystal clear visuals, up to 120 FPS gameplay** for silky smooth combat, ultra-fast load times and the ability to transfer your data from the PS4 versions to pick up your journey right where you left off.

For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take***:

Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost. 

Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4. 

Upgrades for disc copies of PS4 versions are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive***. To obtain your upgrade, you will need to insert your PS4 game disc into your PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive, navigate to the Game Hub and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding digital PS5 remastered version of the game, which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive.

If you purchase a digital copy of PS4 versions of the game, you can simply navigate to the Game Hub on your PS5 console and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding PS5 remastered version. Note: you will need to log into your PS5 console with the same PlayStation Network account that you were using when you purchased the PS4 versions of the game.

Please note that Nioh 2 Remastered as well as the Nioh 2 DLC expansions for PS5 are not available for individual purchase. 

Edited by AriesWarlock

the newest avengers game didn’t fail because of Kamala. It failed cause it’s a horrible game made by shit tier devs. In fact almost every review had said Kamala and her story was one of if not the best part of the game. 

Also, Kamala Khans books sell well and are always well received.  As is she. Single issues don’t sell well these days regardless of IP and the direct market is trash. Her merchandise is also among the best selling for Marvel. 

A lot of the cancellations of her runs have been due to things outside of Marvels control. Despite that, 70+ issues is nothing to scoff at. A lot of titles whether they’re Marvel/DC or otherwise rarely get that luxury 

Besides, she’s still a pivotal character in current Champions comic and they’ve all but announced her new solo run. Plus her new Disney+ series. 

She’s not going anywhere 

Edited by iStu X
16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It sounds to.me like Avengers fails due to loot mechanics and grind that really shouldn't be there. 

I don’t think this would have been nearly as bad if Crystal dynamics didn’t constantly cut the community off at the knees as soon as the game started being fun. 

“oh, we found a consistent way to get these awesome things” 

PATCHED

”we found a great way to get this kind of currency!”

PATCHED

”We found a great way to make these missions more engaging!” 
PATCHED

and so on. 

not to mention the first major patch it was given had over 1000 fixes and the game still ran,  looked and played like hot garbage. 

it was going to be a bad game from jump. I just don’t think anyone predicted it being this much of a mess. Though it isn’t the games fault it’s the people who made the game. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

I mean...it never looked good. 

I'm sorry but it didnt. That first gameplay reveal was like...the fuck is this? 

For sure. It’s whole art direction was laughably bad. It looked super gritty and muddy but not in a good way. Hit direction looked horrible and or non-existent. 

Edited by iStu X

The various issues in Avengers---it reminds me of Anthem, from the things I keep reading about it... there were so many times with Anthem that I kept wondering and laughing to myself (and the few people I played with)... "these people that designed this... have they even played a videogame before?"  There are certain design decisions that sometimes make you stop to wonder that for a second. 😄  Little things that just kept piling up... like how you can't even see what gear you just picked up until you have exited the mission/whatever...and how that works in a negative way with a limited personal inventory---so eventually people try their best to just avoid "accidentally" picking up low rank items...but even then it didn't matter much since most of the items in the game were crap...and sometimes the game seemingly "cheated" you out of said items...like you could've sworn you picked up a Legendary, but later when reviewing your inventory the game is like "No, I've decided you didn't get that legendary."  Then there's the slow-trickle of new stuff on the customization part of the store...it would be *maybe* 1 or 2 armor things per week... it's been so long I've forgotten the details....but what an unfortunate squandering of good potential there....though apparently they're still working on the newly revised Anthem lately....

hmm.... well well...

also... more on Godfall...

ohhh this game 🤩

Edited by MillionX

I was playing Spider-Man: Miles and the game crashed on me. The bigger problem is that the console shutdown and had to reset the display. When it rebooted, I hovered over the game and it did the same thing. So my thought is that it's something specific to that game and not the console itself. I deleted the data on the system and will reinstall later tonight. I'll keep you all posted. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

I wonder which exact higher up wanted these items in the game. This is even worse than the Dark Souls 2 weapons, which had SOME modicum of use after upgrading them at least. 

I really don't know what's worse, that the weapons are totally useless and irrelevant or that they're trying to sell such an expensive edition of the game off their coattails. 

I guess it's better than them being stupid powerful and letting dudes easy mode the game, but, goddamn man. I just find the idea of gatekeeping aspects of Souls games so laughable and idiotic. 

47 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I find it laughable because they always end up being complete garbage gear that no one actually wants lol. I am once again unsurprised that I have missed nothing lol. 

The armor is pretty cool. I can get over weapons, but robbing me of a cool bit of fashion Souls is nigh unforgivable. 😤

Either way I still hate the principle of it 🤮

38 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

The armor is pretty cool. I can get over weapons, but robbing me of a cool bit of fashion Souls is nigh unforgivable. 😤

Either way I still hate the principle of it 🤮

Yea sure I'm not saying I like the idea of it. Just saying I've found it hard to care much because the gear is always trash. 

it just randomly hit me--- the Cuphead DLC just stopped being a thing... I suppose it's another casualty of that goddamn plague that ruined the world this year.  I had forgotten about the shit for a long time until just now.  Ha, I suppose it will come out eventually right after that Gambit movie and Bayonetta 3 are out in the year 2099.  Sheeeitttt, they've been talking about that dlc for a couple of years now.

On another note---I never imagined I would have hopes for a "battle royale" game being any good; I definitely look forward to that Vampire one... the problem with those is how that sort of game actually does live and die by popularity.  If no one else gives a damn, as a tragically "online-only" sort of thing, they'll just shut it down sooner rather than later....another one of the many reasons I will forever despise the concept of "online-only" for gaming...because if no one else likes the game; it will die...and you are left with nothing. (*e.g.-- like Battleborn.  I'm sure that by now, my Battleborn CD is basically a coaster now; they probably shut the servers down quite a while ago)  One of the little details that piqued my interest is that it will be in 3rd person perspective, unlike Bloodlines 2.

Edited by MillionX

Seeing as how I can't get a PS5 at launch, I'm in agony watching everyone on my feed play a game I never thought would exist 6 months ago. 

But this is the next best thing.

Demon's Souls (2009) is fully playable in 60FPS, and with complete online functionality .

I've been playing it a few hours now and it's just...so fucking cool to see this game like this. Obviously the Remake is going to be a prettier game, but there's still something amazing seeing the original with so much clarity. I had no idea there was an entire community dedicated not only to bringing this game back on PC, but on PS3 as well. 

https://thearchstones.com/index.html

They've made it incredibly easy to setup and connect to their servers on both PS3 AND PC. It's wild to me that I'm seeing new online messages again booting this game up. They even tell you which areas are most populated.

sfdfgsd.thumb.png.180c9753ed200d2a142d376fe4fcc47f.png

Can't believe I'm seeing summon signs and messages again in 2020. 

1.thumb.png.594da11f0447aaae5e27b0be0f8a63a6.png

It'll be cool to get another playthrough done right before playing the Remaster. I'm sure my memory is a little more fuzzy on it than I'd like to admit. Can't wait to see all the differences and similarities once I finally get my hands on a PS5. 

I'm sure I'm the only one so enthused about this, but, if any of you ever manage to set this up it'd be dope to run through OG Boletaria with some of ya'll. 👌

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

We moved back to our place which means I have my PS4 again, so @RSG3(and was it @M A R T I A N?) if y'all want to hunt some beasts in Bloodborne sometime soon, I'm in there like swimwear

Double post, sorry

I'd love to but I still don't have my PS4 back, and honestly probably won't even try to get it back until I need it to trade towards my PS5 lmao. 

Beat Spidey: Miles. 

While the game is shorter I feel that it's a bit more focused. The main antagonist motivations have some modern day commentary. Overall I enjoyed where the story went as all of the character connections landed where they needed to.

Gameplay wise it feels the same but different enough where you have a few new tricks. Never played Uncharted Lost Legacy, but given the description in terms of scale, I can see why that is an apt comparison. 

My only gripes are that it crashed my PS5 twice and you can't skip the credits (well the first large portion). 

Solid recommend

EDIT- I leveled up my character to the build I wanted  and worked from there. This did require completing all of the training challenges. 

Thinking about the length of the game, I feel there is less to do (not a bad thing ). For example the taking pictures hunt is not a thing. if it is, I missed the whole thing.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
25 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Some reviews I seen on the PS5 controller say they get around 10 hours. 

From what I understand it depends bon the game. Any game that extensively uses the new feedback will drain it fast like 5-8 hours. But games that don't like those use last gen rumble you get significant amount of time per charge.