Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Same. As you know I was very nervous about getting this game because I dont like Musous, but I played the Demo and found it to be quite fun and entertaining. Impa is great fun. I am pretty hype about it now and a decent amount of my worries have drifted away. 

I understand the stigma that musou games have, even as a fan, i am well aware of all their issues, but i think that their most rescent games have improved a lot.

The 1st HW was much better than many of the games from the past, and this one seems that has improved a lot as well.

I was planning to buy a Switch when Bayonetta 3 came out, but since by now it seems like a pipe dream, i am gonna dip with this game LoZ BotW (I played it on WiiU, but gonna play it again) and Astral Chain later this year.

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Hecatom said:

I understand the stigma that musou games have, even as a fan, i am well aware of all their issues, but i think that their most rescent games have improved a lot.

The 1st HW was much better than many of the games from the past, and this one seems that has improved a lot as well.

I was planning to buy a Switch when Bayonetta 3 came out, but since by now it seems like a pipe dream, i am gonna dip with this game and Astral Chain later this year.

Yea I know and ive tried a number of them over the years. I find the majority of them extremely boring. Even the ones people say are good. Im not saying they are bad games or anything, Im saying they really aren't for me and this game is probably going to be the EXTREMELY rare exception. 

20 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Can you spoil the Star Wars prequels having seen episodes 4-6? 

Can't really spoil something that's already rotten

💁🏾‍♂️

20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Botw just tells us the outcome of the war with calamity ganon. It doesn’t give us the details of how it happened except “somehow ganon took over the ancient Hylian tech and whipped our asses” 

Sure, that's fair. I just can't imagine a Musou Zelda game revealing anything that interesting in regards to how it played out. I figured the spectacle of the battles themselves was the real selling point here. 

Most exciting reveal will probably be some kind of betrayal that can be seen from miles away lol

Oh I doubt it'll be better than SOR4, but it still looked really cool. 

Game Pass just slaying me. I've gotten to try so much shit, including SOR4 lol. Just tried another game on there yesterday called Demon's Tilt. Probably the only pinball game I've actively enjoyed in almost 20 years, the last one being Sonic's Spinball. 🤣

It's only one table with three tiers though. I would've loved to see some more designs. The art is really cool and I feel it's a bit of wasted potential just having the one table. 

PS4 streaming is fine as long as your mic is decent. My problem with it was that when I was streaming samsho, my hitbox didn't have a headphone/mic input so I'd have to figure something else out, but I have a good stick I used. 

Speaking of PS4, I was trying to do sprints in Tetris Effect last night and after playing more Puyo Puyo Tetris and Tetrio on PC, it just felt horrible with all the input lag. What's the input delay story with the PS5? That alone might get me to consider pulling the trigger if it means I can play things like Tetris Effect or Bloodborne without the native PS4 input lag. 

6 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao I'm 36 and still get asked if I'm 24.Lotion more 

I have gray in beard now and my head is shaved. I'm not dying my beard, so that ship has sailed. At least my weight is down to my age 24 level. Not as buff though 😑

Edit: Also I'm soon to be 41. 36 is half decade back for me fam.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

the amount of assets they hid under the stage or behind walls the player will never see drives me crazy. I wish developers would be more concerned with the size of their games. If they’re just leaving crap in the game that serves no purpose and adds to the overall data size, that’s infuriating 

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Wasn't THQ Nordic on shaky ground like 2 years ago?   Pretty sure it was about 2 years ago.  Trying to think of what major success they've had since then for them to make it rain now.

Not this incarnation. Three or four years past, the THQ of the previous generations was dead and started to sell assets, however the company that we now call THQ Nordic bought a good number of them up and renamed itself THQ Nordic while holding a bunch of studios and such.

I won't say budget games but they are a company that gets most of their bread on smaller and at time Euro centric games but will still throw out a mid to big budget title here and there.

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Last year I was 37 and a girl asked me if I was 28 *chugging more green tea for them antioxidants"  👴

I’ll be 34 on Sunday and whenever I tell anyone my age they don’t believe me until I show them my ID. 

When I first started at Walmart 4 years ago I had someone ask me why I didn’t have a yellow name tag which indicates you’re  a minor and I replied “uh, cause I’m 29?” 

They look like they had seen a ghost. It was on going trend the entire time I worked there and whenever I told soon to be friends how old I was. Everyone thought I was MAYBE 21 cause I have such a baby face. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

the amount of assets they hid under the stage or behind walls the player will never see drives me crazy. I wish developers would be more concerned with the size of their games. If they’re just leaving crap in the game that serves no purpose and adds to the overall data size, that’s infuriating 

Its usually a combination of lack of time, and the chance removing things can cause issues elsewhere. Mostly a time problem tho.