Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

The big issues with Square Enix and it's Western studios like Crystal Dynamics and the Edios stuff has mostly been leadership driven. They make great games they just make terrible business decisions and don't regulate the budget.

The Avengers if released not as a service game last year even would have sold well enough. The Tomb Raider reboot played and sold fine but often just had terrible release windows. Square Enix should sell them so they can be run properly.

10 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Nintendo should tell the Smash community they'll re-release Melee when they all take a fucking shower.

I want  Masahiro Sakurai to say that in a direct. 

spacer.png

We will port Smash Bros Melee to the Switch only when every Melee player takes a proper shower with warm soap and water. 
Cause you all really stink. 

- Masahiro Sakurai 

Holy crap, the amount of videos springing up over this Melee Slippi thing are nuts. "Nintendo has attacked the Smash community." Or "Nintendo Hates You..." How is the Melee community gonna play the victim card when they did this to themselves? Nintendo asked them to stop, the kept on and here we are. The entitlement coming from the Melee camp is absurd. 

it's so much going on right now... Age of Calamity is out... but on top of that I got the Gears 5 Operation 5 update that started this week... and THEN there's the new Diablo 3 season that just got started yesterday---and this is all right when I started back with Vampyr again lately.  On top of all that--- there's some crazy sales going on already since XB Live Black Friday sale has started.  I noticed Jedi Fallen Order is on sale for about 23 bucks or so... and MK Aftermath is 20...I'll get one or both those things before the sale is over for sure.  

I've already made a new seasonal Necro on both Switch and XB versions of D3... Switch Necro is already level 16.  The speed of leveling with the new "shadow clone" this season is going to be ridiculous.  I think they toned it down yet the clone is still just insanely strong.  

ha, and just like that---already have 1 legendary power cubed, all vendors fully leveled up since the Challenge Rift this week is one of the easiest I've ever seen (*this week's build is a whirlwind barbarian!  Just "spin to win" and destroy that rift easily.)

Edited by MillionX
Just now, Hawkingbird said:

They acting like Nintendo is taking Melee away from them. Nothing is stopping them from playing Melee casually. Cool it on the tournaments if that's what putting them on the crosshairs. 

If they want to have unsponsored online melee tournies that they may or may not be able to stream (gonna bet on not)  then they can still have em.  Just don't let Ninty know you're doing it.

6 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I personally really like the Smash Bros games.

But there have been vocal parts of that community that have been acting like a cult for a long ass time. It has kept the scene alive but yeah certain folks have traded common sense for skills with playing Fox McCloud.

I love the smash games.  It's the only game right now with so many big name franchises clashing together in one game.  I'm just full blown sour at the community with most of it being pin pointed directly at the Melee sect.  The melee sect of the fandom has been showing their ass and only been getting worse since Brawl has been a thing (and in some aspects considering the aspects of brawl I could get some of it) but fucking sense of entitlement and the horse being as fucking high as it is makes me want to take a chainsaw to the horses knees. 

22 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

Alright, River City girls is sick as hell. 

Started off kind of weak for me. The move list felt super limiting and mashing on the first few dudes didn't feel too great. Then I unlocked my first move and instantly understood what this is... 

Game just keeps getting better and better the more I play. I kind of need a show just about these two girls because they are endless comedy gold. The whole game has a lot of charm and a great sense of humor, really. 

I mean Kyoko can straight up dab you to death. 

tumblr_71389ea7bddd99e5941af6fbdd494ecc_7bbdb696_640.gif.54b7265ae4c95f23df7691e146d0a129.gif

Come on now. 

I really love the simple arcade style brilliance of SOR4, but man, this game brings something really cool to the table with the more unique aspects like learning new moves and moving about an open map. 

I'm gonna have to try the multiplayer at some point because the tag team goodness in this game seems way too hype. 

86d.gif.a63314d9edbe5efb0adbbb362487dd34.gif

Oh, and this soundtrack has no business being this fuckin hype. Consider these my VGM Friday contributions. 😤

I'm really surprised by this OST. Lots of Synth/Darksynth stuff that I didn't expect at all. Has a ton of range even though it mostly stays within Electronica. 👍

Yeah this game is the shit.  Me and my niece tore through this game in one day lol

23 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

Alright, River City girls is sick as hell. 

Started off kind of weak for me. The move list felt super limiting and mashing on the first few dudes didn't feel too great. Then I unlocked my first move and instantly understood what this is... 

Game just keeps getting better and better the more I play. I kind of need a show just about these two girls because they are endless comedy gold. The whole game has a lot of charm and a great sense of humor, really. 

I mean Kyoko can straight up dab you to death. 

Come on now. 

I really love the simple arcade style brilliance of SOR4, but man, this game brings something really cool to the table with the more unique aspects like learning new moves and moving about an open map. 

I'm gonna have to try the multiplayer at some point because the tag team goodness in this game seems way too hype. 

86d.gif.a63314d9edbe5efb0adbbb362487dd34.gif

Oh, and this soundtrack has no business being this fuckin hype. Consider these my VGM Friday contributions. 😤

I'm really surprised by this OST. Lots of Synth/Darksynth stuff that I didn't expect at all. Has a ton of range even though it mostly stays within Electronica. 👍

I don't know why I feel like I have been subconsciously passing over this game despite the high praises I've been seeing.  This music has inspired me to take a closer look into it.  I'm probably gonna end up buying it.

Late VGM friday contribution

Spoiler

^ So...funny thing about this track that kinda blew my mind and I didn't know is that apparently fuckin Tom Morello apparently had a hand in the guitar riffs for this track.  Someone mentioned it in the comments for this track and I went '......really?' and I had to fact check it.

Hey guys, is it true that Best Buy is releasing PS5 stock tonight? I'm curious. I stay up late anyway but I'll keep an eye on the site if it's true. The funny thing is, since I got screwed on launch day, a PS5 has remained in my cart at Best Buy. So I've just left it there. So maybe...just maybe, I'll have a chance against the damn scalper bots 🤔

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey guys, is it true that Best Buy is releasing PS5 stock tonight? I'm curious. I stay up late anyway but I'll keep an eye on the site if it's true. The funny thing is, since I got screwed on launch day, a PS5 has remained in my cart at Best Buy. So I've just left it there. So maybe...just maybe, I'll have a chance against the damn scalper bots 🤔

Honesty your best bet is waiting until Black Friday. Every retailer has said they will have online stock of both next gens. I think even a few of them have even said the specific times throughout the day they’ll have them in stock on BF. 

No need to purposely cast a small net when you’ll have a bigger in less than a week

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Honesty your best bet is waiting until Black Friday. Every retailer has said they will have online stock of both next gens. I think even a few of them have even said the specific times throughout the day they’ll have them in stock on BF. 

No need to purposely cast a small net when you’ll have a bigger in less than a week

I'll be out of town Black Friday. PS5 won't be on my radar at the time. 

14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Alien isolation is too long. 

@GetTheTableswhere you at homie??? I was ready to rage in them streets 

Did you ever @ me originally? Or was I supposed to do that. 😆

Sorry man kinda gorked today after a week of not sleep. Had the game installed since this afternoon but never thought to put the shout out.

Next time you are ready to bash some heads I'm set up and ready to go. Hopefully by then I'll have caught up on sleep. 

13 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I think my favorite thing I heard from Smashers recently is that ‘Nintendo could kill me and people would defend them’ and ‘They are literally against free exposure and publicity by canceling the Melee tournament.’

Publicity for Nintendo? Exposure for an almost 20 year old game they don’t even sell anymore? Okay.

The meele smashers are calling nintendrones anyone calling them on their idiocy, shit is wild 😂