Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

Tell me more about this... Board of Squids 

I can see us becoming parodies of ourselves in 5 or 10 years with this shit.

"Introducing our looter shooter melee based exploration-focused Boomervania, a turn based RPG with survival horror aspects. It's also a dating sim."

Dont forget the deep karaoke parlor. 

6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's also important to remember that in America at least if a company doesn't enforce their IP protection...they lose it. 

This is a much larger issue then just some guys wanting to play an old game online. 

Edit: Got a new genre descriptor I hate for you guys. Only just saw it. 

Boomer Shooter. 

Used to describe old FPS games likes DOOM/2 Duke 3D, Blood, Rise of the Triads and the like. DOOM 2016 and Eternal are said to be designed with a Boomer Shooter mentality. 

Fucking kill me now. Just get it over with. 

Bro.

The boomer X has been used by reeeeetards for a while now, a lot of smashers use the boomer prefix to describe fgs, i kid you not, is as idiotic as it sounds. 

Edit

Specifically, the call the motion inputs, boomer inputs. 

Edited by Hecatom
6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's also important to remember that in America at least if a company doesn't enforce their IP protection...they lose it. 

This is a much larger issue then just some guys wanting to play an old game online. 

Edit: Got a new genre descriptor I hate for you guys. Only just saw it. 

Boomer Shooter. 

Used to describe old FPS games likes DOOM/2 Duke 3D, Blood, Rise of the Triads and the like. DOOM 2016 and Eternal are said to be designed with a Boomer Shooter mentality. 

Fucking kill me now. Just get it over with. 

Boomer shooter is a more tongue in cheek term than anything, anyone using it seriously has smooth brain syndrome. 

I started playing Hades a little, I liked Theseus then he ended my run, so fuck that guy. 

Ok, so after watching the video about Godfall, i have to say that is a shame that it has all the problems it has, since it looked very appealing to me.

It reminded me of Garou, the Sentai/Anime franchise.

At worst i was expecting it to be "Good" and "Original", where the good parts arent original, and the original parts arent good 😂

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Ok, so after watching the video about Godfall, i have to say that is a shame that it has all the problems it has, since it looked very appealing to me.

It reminded me of Garou, the Sentai/Anime franchise.

At worst i was expecting it to be "Good" and "Original", where the good parts arent original, and the original parts arent good 😂

Yeah it is a shame but honestly these companies trying to recreate Destiny and Warframe really need to consider there may not be a legit market for just any old action game.

2 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Yeah it is a shame but honestly these companies trying to recreate Destiny and Warframe really need to consider there may not be a legit market for just any old action game.

It is specially jarring with how Destiny and many other post Destiny Looters are not necesarily the epitome of thrieving games.

Yes, they arent dead with some exceptions, but most of them managed to burn the majority of the people who dipped on the games to the point that the majority never returned and actually avoid any game that declares shit like being a looter, or having a plan of support the game for 10 years, whatever that means, since we have seen all those games abandon the game after a while and release a sequel that regress everything they managed to fix, like Destiny.

With the track record that Gearbox and Take2 have, i expect Godfall becoming "Free to play" before abandoning the game and closing the servers and leaving you with a useless disc, like with Battleborne and Evolve.

Has anyone picked up crash bandicoot 4? It’s on sale for $40 right now all Black Friday week. Which is about the max I’m comfortable spending on it but wanted some opinions on it. 

While Toys for Bob hasn’t don’t anything wrong they’re technically Activision and Activision is a piece of shit company. So I’m not 100% comfortable with just jumping into it based of the fact they did some ok nostalgia ports 

Edited by iStu X

I got Crash 4 on launch date. And as a huge Crash fan over the years, I can safely say that it’s a great sequel. Controls are tight and it doesn’t have the physics nonsense the remake trilogy had. My only problems with it is that getting 100% is such a chore and loading is horrible. I heard that the playing it on the PS5 makes the latter a little better.

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Has anyone picked up crash bandicoot 4? It’s on sale for $40 right now all Black Friday week. Which is about the max I’m comfortable spending on it but wanted some opinions on it. 

While Toys for Bob hasn’t don’t anything wrong they’re technically Activision and Activision is a piece of shit company. So I’m not 100% comfortable with just jumping into it based of the fact they did some ok nostalgia ports 

I have.

I love the game.

Outside not liking some redesigns, in terms of gameplay is one of the best CB games out there.

And the game is actually challenging, you would think they would have tried to make an easy game, but no, the game is not a walk in the park.

Is not absolutely punishing either, but it manages to be engaiging with its difficulty.

I am with you in not wanting to give Activision money as far as i can, but as for now, they have been doing a great job when it comes to the CB, Spyro and Tony Hawk franchise with their recent offerings.

The games have been pacakged with content and have been really enjoyable experiences.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Honestly, with Gearbox at the helm I was hoping it would be content packed like Borderlands. Still the best looter imo. 

Outside the Borderlands series, it seems that Gearbox has a terrible track record when it comes to games.

They even managed to fuck BL3 when it came to the story, pissing a lot of the fanbase with how disjointed it was and forcing a terrible character into the spotlight wile taking the piss on fan favorites and chracter arcs from previous games, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Makes me wonder if they tried to talk to Robin Shou to get in on this or not.

Gearbox was fucking awesome until the PS360 Era when the success of Borderlands went to Randys head and he lost all touch with reality. That he could steal money from other projects to fund his pet projects, dudes thinks simply becsuse he owns the Duke Nukem IP that means he has an amazing sense of humor. 

Dudes a mess and he dragged Gearbox down with him. 

Edit: I heave no idea why that quoted SonicHuman about MK11............leaving it. 

Edited by RSG3
11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

So will this be the substitute of the battle pass?

Because as far as i know the BP costs 20 bucks, and this subscription includes the BP plus other perks fot 12 bucks.

Edited by Hecatom
6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

So will this be the substitute of the battle pass?

Because as far as i know the BP costs 20 bucks, and this subscription includes the BP plus other perks fot 12 bucks.

The subscription will give you the current battle pass every month along with the other perks. It's a more practical way of getting the passes for players who regularly buy them.

22 minutes ago, Abbachio said:

Bots, I had a bunch earlier in the year 

The thing is that all the accounts that made a comment seem genuine. 

I think tjey are memeing the 1st post by posting the same phrase or altering it in dumb ways. 

Plus it spiked from a thousand maybe to 6800 in 2 weeks. 

Edit

Side note. 

I am surprised a vid i uploaded like 14 years ago is still getting a considerable amount of traffic. 

I think the algorithm periodically pushes it out of nowhere, lol. 

Edited by Hecatom

Sheeeitttt, I remember bringing that Wii-U to work on a regular basis, actually... since you could play games right on the tablet so it was "kinda" portable.  I spent many lunch hours playing Bayonetta 2.

*of course no one ever guessed what this system was though...they'd just think I had an ordinary tablet like a Surface or iPad, something like that.  It would later be the complete opposite with Switch; most people (*at least of a "gamer generation" like my fellow Gen-Xers or Millenials) recognized it.

Edited by MillionX
10 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I bought that console for Bayonetta 2. I don't regret the decision. 

Once I get a copy for the Switch, it'll  collect dust. 

I remember i bought Bayonetta 2 without the intention of buying a WiiU because i kmew i wasnt going to play the damn thing, but still wanted to support Platinum. 

The thing is like 3 weeks later i won a WiiU in a raffle the vg store i bought most of my games at the time, had, lol.