Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

I've finished Vice City the other day and immediately went for Vice City Stories, and... honestly I think these two games were the last time Rockstar have created a truly memorable and easy to navigate environment in a GTA Game

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the detail and effort that went into recreating New York for 3, Liberty City Stories and 4, and Los Angeles for San Andreas and 5, but man without a map/radar for the life of me I cannot navigate those cities proper and half the time I have no fucking idea where I am going, especially in 3 with its lack of icons for basic stuff like Ammunation and PnP

Vice Ciy, on the other hand, despite having 2 big island and 2 mini-island, as well as two different layouts between VC and VCS, is much simpler to drive around with clearly defined and easily identifiable areas

In San Andreas the only area I can more or less find my way around just by looking at the damn screen is Grove Street and its nearby surroundings, like think immediately across the bridge, the stadium, and the train station where you go to the lowrider battle

14 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Word. I’m gonna be free most of tomorrow or really any time this week really cause I’m in quarantine. Just let me know 

Sounds good. I'm gonna get out and move my old busted body for a bit then I gotta feed these cats but my evening is likewise free. Trying to get some more KI in but I think we can SoR around that. I'll probably have time from 4pm (EST) on until around 8PM tonight.

So I'm trying to pick up some new fighters to learn and I always struggle if I get the collectors edition or if I should get the vanilla. I'm never sure if collectors with season 1passes are better than downloading passes. 

Do passes ever go on Sale online? 

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

So I'm trying to pick up some new fighters to learn and I always struggle if I get the collectors edition or if I should get the vanilla. I'm never sure if collectors with season 1passes are better than downloading passes. 

Honestly I'd get the deluxe versions. Sometimes the passes on go on sale but it's usually well after the fact. I haven't picked up SCVI on PC because even when the drop the price of the base game and the initial deluxe version the Season 2 pass is still $34 on it's own. 

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly I'd get the deluxe versions. Sometimes the passes on go on sale but it's usually well after the fact. I haven't picked up SCVI on PC because even when the drop the price of the base game and the initial deluxe version the Season 2 pass is still $34 on it's own. 

Im lookin to pick up power rangers it looks like alot of fun and super active online. Also gonna grab umvc3. I refuse to download games so I'm gonna drive to two diff game stops today. 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

The passes go on sale. The older passes get heavily discounted as the game ages. SFV, MK11 and Tekken regularly have their passes on sale. 

39 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The passes go on sale. The older passes get heavily discounted as the game ages. SFV, MK11 and Tekken regularly have their passes on sale. 

Good to know, just put my TV stand together, haven't touched my ps4 in 7 months. 

This shit is really getting out of hand and the full blown sympathizers are making me roll my eyes.  Nintendo owns the IP.  They said don't do this.  You decided you were going to do it anyway.  The pulled out.  So now people are legit mad at the company and doing anything they can to make them look bad because they told them 'NO WE DON'T WANT YOU DOING THIS WITH OUR IP'.  If capcom were to come out right now and say 'You know what? We don't like the fact that Fightcade and Fightcade 2 are running our games on emulators right now....we're going to C&D them to get them to take it down' then guess what?  THAT SUCKS A DUCK...BUT PEOPLE GOTTA HOLD THE L. 

I'm conflicted. I hate Smashers and their shitty attitude towards everything, but on the other hand you don't see Capcom or Arcsys shutting this kind of stuff down. I mean granted, stuff like Fightcade tournaments aren't sponsored by Capcom like the Smash tourney was sponsored by Nintendo, but still. Capcom could just as easily pull a C&D for it all and they choose not to, probably because they would rather get eyes on their games even if it's for older titles. 

Even still I gotta side with Nintendo on this. It'd be one thing if they didn't give Smashers ample warning, but they did and they went unheard. So fuck em. Smashers stay taking their own L's. 

I feel for people trying to keep their favorite fighting games relevant through any means neccesary. I really do. But this is not the way. Smashers need to take notes from Virtua Fighter fans. 

As I've said elsewhere, if they are surprised by this it's on them. Nintendo has always been this way. They don't like emulators, they don't like roms, back in they day they (along with Sega to be fair), tried to get renting games made illegal.  This isn't some shift change in policy like the Sony' s new censorship nonsense. They are sponsoring your tournament if you didn't know that shit wasn't going to fly you are just plain dumb. Hell less restrictive companies would have done the same thing at an event that they were sponsoring. They didn't fuck with the Summit event. What was the difference with that one? They weren't sponsoring it. Damn man, if you feel a relationship is abusive and you keep sticking around. , At some point, you have to take ownership of that. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I was JUST thinking about the Melee drama, LOL. Seriously the amount of folks siding with the Melee crowd is nuts. Normally Nintendo issues C&D without warning. Everyone knows how Nintendo rolls when it comes to this stuff. Nintendo was the one sponsoring this tourney. Did they REALLY think Ninty was gonna be cool with them using the Slippi  thing to play? Come on, son. Nintendo will never be like other companies.

4 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Must be why the game is so hilariously cheap and everyone has easy access TOD's off literally anything. 

Must also be why the zoning sniper Ranger dude is so fucking good 

Quantum ranger or ranger slayer Kimberly? 

nice....  I'm hesitant to do anything that involves taking my system apart though

..and again I keep wondering why Nintendo themselves have been so slow on the alternate designs and colors.  It took quite a while until there was anything other than the default and the red/blue joycons.... and I still haven't seen any official "SNES design" or "NES design" systems and controllers from them....it would be some easy money for them, I think.  

..sheeeitttt, if I was running the show on a game system; I'd have have it where you could design the color scheme of the controller or even the system on our official website.... you want a purple controller with a giant "Shyguy" from Super Mario Bros. 2... or maybe a Switch with Magikoopa's face on the back panel?  ...how 'bout a controller with a "blue koopa shell" design all over, with shiny gold buttons made to look like the coins?  Boom, we got ya covered on that, bruh.  Once again these companies need my advice on shit like this.

Edited by MillionX

Been thinking about my "Best of 2020" games and I realized I didn't play very much that came out in 2020.

My list so far is (no real order):

SoR4

Animal Crossing

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

uhh... Squadrons maybe??

I really need to pick up hades so that I could even attempt to scrape together a top 5. 

edit: got deeper into Squadrons and it’s very good. Definitely in a top five spot. 

Edited by KingTubb
9 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Fuck almighty, I love that game. 

thanks @GetTheTableswe almost beat it which is pretty dope. If you couldn’t tell, I learned half way through that axel has an OTG uppercut lolol. 

ggs we’ll have to do it again soon 

I did notice a sharp uptick in Grand Uppahs at a certain point. 😉

SoR4 is definitely fun. Was cool to play it with someone else. This game has a couple of pain points that can really bleed off health and lives, so if we can just squeeze past those with a little less attrition we can definitely get a clear run in. Those fucking bikers at the end were command grabbing us like they were married to Smug and Itabashi. 

The one thing that sucks about rebuying on PS4 is I lost the score XP I had on Switch. Wasn't a ton but gotta unlock stuff again. Although when you were hosting it looked like I could pick from everything you had unlocked which is nice. 

Speaking of the connection, I didn't see any issues the whole time. Ping was pretty good throughout. Add SoR4 to the list of games with better online than SFV. 😝

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Been thinking about my "Best of 2020" games and I realized I didn't play very much that came out in 2020.

My list so far is (no real order):

SoR4

Animal Crossing

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

uhh... Squadrons maybe??

I really need to pick up hades so that I could even attempt to scrape together a top 5. 

Yeah, right now for me it's between:

Streets of Rage 4

Last of Us 2

Tony Hawk

Nioh 2

DOOM 

I can't wait for SOR4 to get more content. I hope it's some big update with additional levels and like 4 new characters. Crossplay would also be tight. 👌