Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Talking bout wifi has me shook about melty tomorrow and how there was no beta, and nothing regarding the netcode other than "it's rollback"

But then I remembered I'm only here for the color edit and trials, and that I probably won't ever play online after Christmas (and honestly that's a stretch) 

So, bring on them wireless turd-eating-gremlins, I ain't scurred 

34 minutes ago, Volt said:

Wait.

Why is this on the main options menu? This is something that if you're going to adjust, it's on a match-by-match case, it should be on the online match screen like 02UM and +R?

Wtf?

That’s a good observation, and it makes sense. You should adjust it once you know the ping of your opponent.

10 hours ago, Reticently said:

Lol, so I got suckered into reading an Eventhubs article because it was supposedly about Akira's VT2, and the author doesn't even actually know what the VT does.

Bravo, Eventhubs.  Well played.

I'm usually not a regular on the eventhubs hate train but this was a really poor showing. They even say it's similar to Rose's VT2 which is another case of bollocks. I mean if the visual afterimage of a move is all we need to call things being the same, then I say Ibuki's backdash is identical to Akira's VT2 too.

Ran into someone called "ZonersLickGoats" who was playing Bison which I thought was weird because Bison kind of screws over zoners really hard in this game. So I check his profile and he used to be a Zangief main. Some heavy PTSD right there. In the end I beat his Bison with Rose, which was strangely poetic.

After that I fought some flowcharty Balrog I wans't prepared for, who stunned me and then proceeded to teabag because apparently winning one of his best matchups didn't inflate his ego enough. Sometimes I think those in-lore assholes like Balrog and Urien also attract real-life assholes as their players.

Third guy was an Akuma whose neutral game consisted of air fireball almost exclusively. After I snatched him out of it with Soul Bind for the sixth or seventh time he just quit mid animation which was the funniest thing I'd seen all day and more than made up for the shitty Balrog experience.

SFV online, such a rollercoaster.

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

Third guy was an Akuma whose neutral game consisted of air fireball almost exclusively. After I snatched him out of it with Soul Bind for the sixth or seventh time he just quit mid animation which was the funniest thing I'd seen all day and more than made up for the shitty Balrog experience.

Good to see that Akuma players haven't changed one bit since I stoped playing lol

It's a make-or-break kind of situation as far as his matchups go. When I was still playing Lucia I felt like I didn't really have an answer to air fireballs and was blocking them most of the time. With Rose however it's pretty much a non-issue because the scarf doesn't have a hurtbox and as soon as Soul Bind's animation starts Rose is invincible so even if he still managed to use the fireball it won't even trade (like it does with some DP characters or Poison's whip). 

Definitely hate the character a lot less than I used to since I started playing Rose. 

Akuma's air fireball never bothered me too much. It was his everything else that he had for years. Makes no sense at times. He had a fast walk speed, and then his demon flip hit going up and then and then ....

Its like release Sol in Strive. What's his actual weakness? He just gets to have everything at all times? Great!

Edit:  Oh and then he could easily sideswitch in the corner.

There's definitely a whole category of Akuma players that coast on air fireball being a kind of awkward knowledge check against most characters.  Then they run into a Rose or Menat or Alex who have reliable fireball immune AA, and they have literally no plan B.

It's hilarious because the rest of Akuma's game is so fucking good and they never noticed.

I haven't been posting much cuz I haven't been playing any fightan gamez... the fire just isn't there right now. Mostly Dark Souls 3 and Kena lmao

But Isla looks fucking amazing and her theme is SF3 as fuck. Also I think I warmed up to Luke's design in SFV. Call it Capholms Syndrome  but I think he looks fine.

Also I'm not playing Melty Blood. Game looked dead as fuck before the first trailer came out and I'm not spending 50 bucks on 11 generic anime characters.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

It happens. Sometimes you just gotta load up some 🔥 ass single player game and have fun.

Did you try strive or nah? Also you doing good? Oregon got weird for a while there.

I mostly did training mode/tutorial stuff. I'm lowkey waiting for a thicc mommy to come out to maybe hope back or maybe I'll just meme with Sol when I get the bug. I've mostly been playing indie shit. I 100% Forged in Shadow Torch which was a really fun Metroidvania. And since I had a physical copy of DS3 I completely forgot about I booted it up and now I'm getting my cheeks clapped in Lothric Castle. Once I beat DS3 I'm playing Demons Souls Remake. I'm trying to pass the time till Elden Ring comes out lmao

Also Oregon life is fine. I wage slave all day to pay the bills. I'm probably gonna start posting more here again cuz I miss you guys.

16 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Shit, I forgot how bored I was with this game after an hour

10 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

taking off his gloves in anger.

More like quietly weeping with disappointment. I'm not the type to get mad when people don't like something I like, but I do get bummed that they didn't have the amount of enjoyment that I got out of it. 

Bummer that you didn't like it, Matt. It's a masterpiece of the genre, and the best it has to offer imho. 

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

It's a masterpiece of the genre, and the best it has to offer imho. 

I’ll have to try it again. I don’t remember why I didn’t like it really. Probably couldn’t figure out where the hell to go.

edit: I also remember playing it on a night when I didn’t feel up to playing anything else, so I probably wasn’t in a decent mindset to begin with

Edited by Mattatsu

Yeah, super metroid is a bop. 

And honestly, you can finish it in like 8 hours, so it's not the huge commitment that Hollow Knight is.

The guacamelee games are short and fun too.

Edit: @Mattatsuyou could totally play through Super Metroid in the next week before Dread. And if you have Switch Online, you already own it

Edited by KingTubb
10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, super metroid is a bop. 

And honestly, you can finish it in like 8 hours, so it's not the huge commitment that Hollow Knight is.

The guacamelee games are short and fun too.

Edit: @Mattatsuyou could totally play through Super Metroid in the next week before Dread. And if you have Switch Online, you already own it

Nice. I wasn’t sure if it was on there or not. Thanks!