Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

42 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

So why don't you like Melty blood type lumina then? It seems like every anime player's wet dream.

Yeah, i’m curious about this as well tbh. From what i’ve seen and heard, the new Melty Blood plays a lot like the older games with (with obviously revised mechanics). The only concern i’ve seen is the shield seems like it may be too strong, as well as possibly the moon drive.

7 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

So why don't you like Melty blood type lumina then? It seems like every anime player's wet dream.

I dunno if I don't like it. I'm just not hyped for it, thats all.

Every FG I was hyped for the past 6 years turned out to be either mediocre or bad.

SFV, GBVS (well they nerfed that game to death), Strive.

I have the feeling the game only disappoint me to much when I get excited for them.

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Every FG I was hyped for the past 6 years turned out to be either mediocre or bad.

I have the feeling the game only disappoint me to much when I get excited for them.

For once I actually agree with Cipher, albeit the titles I tend to play are different. 

Lots of FGs dropping over the years and much more often than not I walk away dissatisfied. I genuinely miss the feeling of playing something and wanting to get really good at it. It’s to the point where I’m starting to wonder if I’m just tired of the genre as a whole. Feels like every game I pick up I’m just playing until something I really enjoy comes along.

Edited by Vhozite

There is a lot disappointing about Strive tbh.

I have a very long list.

What is also weird, I played Naraka recently and after I had a couple of really close duels in that game, I was full of energy . I wanted to play a FG badly.

So I looked into my Steam Libary, clicked on Strive, uninstalled it and booted up Melty to play that for 3 hours without a break.

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

I call bullshit until y'all explain yourselves.

I can’t speak for Cipher but I’ve explained, at length, my problems with Strive multiple times. 

If you don’t remember what I’ve said in the past fine but done act like im coming with a new opinion out of the blue with no basis. 

Edit: How this usually goes is i state my grievances with the game and get a couple post reactions with maybe one bad faith response (if anyone replies at all), and the discussion goes nowhere.

Not really for it right now.

Edited by Vhozite
3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

If you don’t remember what I’ve said in the past fine but done act like im coming with a new opinion out of the blue with no basis. 

That is my bad then, now that you mention it, I do remember you talking about no characters clicking with you, right?

Was there anything else or was it just "I don't have a main in this game"?

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Thanks!  It was Sunday, but well wishes are always appreciated.

Goddamn, how did I whiff by TWO DAYS!? 🤣

5 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

That’s probably a good idea in general tbh. I tend to over-hype a lot of things which usually makes me disappointed in them because they don’t live up to my expectations.

that said, Melty does look awesome, and while I’ve never played one, TL seems like a game I could enjoy a lot so I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully I can find a main, as I’ve come to realize that this is the biggest factor as to if I stick with a game. That’s really the only reason I’m not playing Strive right now (but I do genuinely dislike the lobby system and how it shows your opponent’s character while they wait)

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Volt said:

That is my bad then, now that you mention it, I do remember you talking about no characters clicking with you, right?

Was there anything else or was it just "I don't have a main in this game"?

The extremely streamlined list of my problems with Strive:

1. I feel like I can’t do anything cool without 50 tension or a character specific meter telling me to fuck off

2. Converting off far attacks feels bad unless I’m closer than I want to be or have meter (see above).

3. Lack of interesting projectiles

Im paraphrasing pretty hard because I’m at work, but this is the meat of what I don’t like about this game. 

10 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

The extremely streamlined list of my problems with Strive:

1. I feel like I can’t do anything cool without 50 tension or a character specific meter telling me to fuck off

2. Converting off far attacks feels bad unless I’m closer than I want to be or have meter (see above).

Im paraphrasing pretty hard because I’m at work, but this is the meat of what I don’t like about this game. 

I don't necessarily agree, but I can understand why you'd say that.

13 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

What is it that young people say? This is "cap" coming from you who went straigth to Baiken in Rev 2 instead of Kum, Dizzy or Venom.

I demand you edit your post and put a 🧢 warning on it.

Edited by Sonero
31 minutes ago, Sonero said:

What is it that young people say? This is "cap" coming from you who went straigth to Baiken in Rev 2 instead of Kum, Dizzy or Venom.

It’s almost as if I pick character based on more than what kind of projectiles they have (if any). Also:

1. I’m pretty sure Tatami is a projectile (or if it’s not that is often how I use it, which is what I like  about). 

2. None of those 3 (4) characters are in Strive

3. My character arc in Rev2 actually went Ky>Pot>Dizzy>Baiken, but again...go off lol

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

Sure, let's see it.

Terrible Online System

The Lobbys are literally the worst thing about the whole system.

I takes forever to conenct to the online mode or even to the game, with an average of 8 minutes for both combined. Then finding an opponent and matching up can take up to 15 minutes. I can yell random nonsense into every Discord and get matches quicker than this.

Arcade Mode is bad, minor, but still it's bad.

Random Disconnects online are still frequent, what leads back to reconnecting for 3-8 minutes. And I had this happen a lot in Player Matches.

Gameplay feels stiff and slow.

Pressure is either non existant or short without ressources or mediocre with ressources.

YRC is worse than literally any Alpha Counter Style Counter, I've seen.

You are extremly limited with what you can do, get a little bit more freedome at the cost of 50 meter, but still are very limited even then.

Characters feel very flat with how you can play them, like everyone is now forced down a narrow pathway instead of having a lot of ways to choose from

Literally every character I've played and I tried out basically everyone, is extremly boring.

A lot of the overall gameplay reminded me a lot of SFV, just instead of having gimped characters until you get VT, you have average characters, who get to do some stuff for 50 meter and that some stuff never feels very impactfull other than "more damage".

Defense in this game also doesn't feel good.  The pressure you can get put in is usually way to minor and short and you never have to worry about stuff other than "lol throw" for the majority of the cast, even if they RRC. Only real exception I can think of is getting cornerd by Ram. Thats the only scenario where I got to solve a defense problem by something other than "just block lol".

Strives best features are it's graphics and it's Netcode, the rest of the game is majorly underwhelming.

That being said unlike in the past, I now can just go back and play Melty. So I just did that.