Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Its like when you’re watching (American) football and a big run for a TD gets called back for a holding penalty. There is nothing wrong with that situation but it’s extremely feels bad for the runner and probably anyone else involved in the play. 

This one of the main reasons the NFL drives me nuts some times.  You get so hyped up for a big play and then somewhere amidst all the bodies the ref threw a flag down and the whole thing is called back, if it's a home game crowd goes from hype to crickets.  

13 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

This one of the main reasons the NFL drives me nuts some times.  You get so hyped up for a big play and then somewhere amidst all the bodies the ref threw a flag down and the whole thing is called back, if it's a home game crowd goes from hype to crickets.  

Now I'm re-living that ridiculous roughing the passer call from yesterday that has me so salty I'm considering quitting watching the sport altogether. Side note: My team still won the game but that's besides the point.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now I'm re-living that ridiculous roughing the passer call from yesterday that has me so salty I'm considering quitting watching the sport altogether. Side note: My team still won the game but that's besides the point.

Bro roughing the passer is corny 90% of the time it’s called. These guys are like 250lbs or more running full speed at a guy and they are just supposed to stop on a dime if he gets rid of the ball. 

It’s basically written rule for refs to show favoritism 

32 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Bro roughing the passer is corny 90% of the time it’s called. These guys are like 250lbs or more running full speed at a guy and they are just supposed to stop on a dime if he gets rid of the ball. 

It’s basically written rule for refs to show favoritism 

I agree but even by the current pathetic standard it was ludicrous. I've had it up to Yao Ming's height with this nonsense. I like defense, you can't play it any more.

Heh. I'm fed up with sore losers from this damn genre. I pick the weakest characters and downgrade myself to new players by request. However, they remove me, they block me on social media when I provide encouragement. However, in their minds are that they've lost the session? They just expect things to come so easy for them. Nothing in life is, but yet they insist on being derogatory? Any of those terms that were used against me, I guess it's tough for them to lose to me? Tch. I'm no longer going to be kind to them anymore. 

Edited by iEmptyeyes
16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I agree but even by the current pathetic standard it was ludicrous. I've had it up to Yao Ming's height with this nonsense. I like defense, you can't play it any more.

Bad reffing is the entire reason I don’t watch the NBA anymore. It’s unwatchable 

Here you go. It starts here. I'll usually go into people's streams just to hear the reactions to my gameplay and say GGs. Dude was just dogging me for beating him so I left after 2 games and then hilarity ensues.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1167339480?t=2h30m49s

@Doctrine_Dark This is almost as bad as that one Akuma player you linked. This dude does get turbo salty, tells me he is gonna get on "celestial" and what nots. Good times.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Now you're getting it.

When the archive is up, I'll link some nonsense that happened to me earlier. Guy ranted for a good hour because I hit him with some base level stuff with Giovanna. Kind of hilarious TBH

I need a drink now. He ruined my day. I think I'm going to start trolling those people for getting on my nerves from now on, plus being drunk in the process. That will show them. LOL.

21 minutes ago, iEmptyeyes said:

I need a drink now. He ruined my day. I think I'm going to start trolling those people for getting on my nerves from now on, plus being drunk in the process. That will show them. LOL.

Trolling salty mfs is the best part of fighting sore losers. I’ll never start a flame war or anything like that but I will absolutely egg on someone raging in my DMs lol. 

Nothing makes me rub my hands faster that “x created a group with you” on PlayStation lmao. If they do it super fast you know they mad lol. 

Think it depends on why you play. Hatemail has always been hilarious to me. Because I've been mad, but I've never been "go all the way to PSN, find your name and say some shit" type of mad.

So when I get a hatemail message, it kinda makes my day. But eh, different things. From watching that one stream you were in, you were waaaaaaaay better than the other guy playing. So you may just be understanding the games way better than the people you're playing against.

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Think it depends on why you play. Hatemail has always been hilarious to me. Because I've been mad, but I've never been "go all the way to PSN, find your name and say some shit" type of mad.

Lol fr. I get more mad then probably anyone here when I lose and even I will not send hate mail. That just makes you look extra weak AND you’re  holding an L. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by Vhozite

And just like that, Rose is my highest level character. Seems I really had commitment issues in this game before. Interestingly though I played 1000 matches less with her than I did with Laura in S1?

I think when Luke's out and the curtain starts to fall on SFV I might play some ranked matches again, just to see how far I can get with a character I feel comfortable with. If I derank after five matches I'm going to uninstall the game btw.

18 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Trolling salty mfs is the best part of fighting sore losers. I’ll never start a flame war or anything like that but I will absolutely egg on someone raging in my DMs lol. 

Nothing makes me rub my hands faster that “x created a group with you” on PlayStation lmao. If they do it super fast you know they mad lol. 

LOL. I'm trying to resist Stella Rosa today. Tch. Lovely good that is, where I hold my mouth open in a suggestive matter when I think about it. However, the rest of the butt hurt types yesterday, I've called them great names. I feel more proud of being antagonistic against them. It's rough being a good person to those who love to fuck with you. No more, however. 

I really wonder what goes through some people's minds when they rage at their opponent after they lose. You can be mad at yourself for coming up short, or be dissatisfied with the game's mechanics, but why be angry at your opponent? Would you have been happier if he had deliberately handicapped himself by not using certain moves or tactics which would have allowed you to get a fake victory? Shockingly, I think that many people have so little self-respect and set the bar so low for themselves that their honest answer to that question would be 'yes'. Rather than trying to improve, they want to absolve their losses by convincing themselves that their opponent is somehow at fault. It seems to me as though they feel entitled to win for some reason, it's as if they're unable to understand that the only one who's at fault for losing is the loser.

Then again, when I look at the spelling and grammar in most of the rage mail that I get, I don't think those people are the type who are capable to stop and think about the above. Instead, they will just continue to make excuses for themselves.

57 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Random but I’m playing Horizon Zero Dawn. The plot, setting, and graphics are great but the actual gameplay is just so average. This would’ve been so much better as a tv show lol. 

I swear the gameplay is ripped from every basic bitch open world game action rpg

I didn't mind the game play but then again I played it back in 2017. My view maybe different now. At the time, I remember being home for the holidays playing it on my grandma's flat screen and my mom thinking it was real for a few minutes. 

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Random but I’m playing Horizon Zero Dawn. The plot, setting, and graphics are great but the actual gameplay is just so average. This would’ve been so much better as a tv show lol. 

I was so hype for that game and when I got it...couldn't play it. Too much story upfront. Freaking sucks because I was 100% on board with the setting. But at this point in my life, its going to take a lot for me to really be able to play a game asking me to read pay attention to all taht stuff.

Horizon Zero Dawn was solid. None of the gameplay is revolutionary, but the slow reveal on the whole backstory is really well done.  And finally taking down the biggest critters is very satisfying.

Definitely a game you need genuine free time to play though.  I played it over the Christmas break after my son was born, and before we even knew the twins were on the way.  Can't imagine finding that kind of time these days.

On the subject of Smash I just spent all day watching younger people get hype to the point of tears at Sora's inclusion.  Very cute 🥰

I can't even remember the last time I was so invested in something.

Gameplay-wise I would totally try adding Sora to my usual rotation of swordies where each is from a different franchise. 

If I had a Switch.  I'll still play BotW... someday.

50 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Kinda makes you wish he'd work on actual FGs. Let him do SF7. 

👀

I wonder if that would make his fans cry.

Anyway I was gonna ask you if they finally cancelled Mama Juana or what that lady from the coffee is called. But then I noticed you are a moderator? When did this happen?

Did it involve money? 👀

I like Smash for what it is and while I'm not the biggest KH person (played 1 & 2 but lost interest when they released 20 spin-offs on 20 different systems) I think Sora is an excellent choice for the last character. I don't think there's any way you could be mad at this choice, it's a great fit, supposedly requested very often and the fact that he himself came into existence through a pure crossover series almost makes this some funny meta thing.

It's just a shame there'll never be a complete version of that game on a cartridge. Good luck if you want to do a Smash Ultimate tournamenent in 15 or 20 years. Lots of current fighting games have that issue as well, but none of them have such a historical once-in-a-lifetime roster.

7 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Anyway I was gonna ask you if they finally cancelled Mama Juana or what that lady from the coffee is called. But then I noticed you are a moderator? When did this happen?

Did it involve money?

I don't think they have. Some people want her canceled still I think. 🤷‍♂️

Yes.

2 weeks ago.

No.

Its temporary.

5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I haven't checked on credit card numbers yet, but if Twitch has your credit card you might want to look in on that.

Simps on high alert.