Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

hell yeah I got that rune farm session going for character #2, "Ishologu" now.... there's quite a few steps to getting that set up, btw... but it's done...so he's on his way to Godhood.  

....hahaha in a matter of seconds I just went from 0 runes to around 29,000+ This farm method is incredible.

Elden Ring, the adventures continue...

I'd love to fight that boss at Mohgwyn Palace, but it's insane just getting to him.  There's the slow bloodied zombies everywhere....they are no problem, but there's a dark area where 2 or 3 assassin guys show up that seem like they have +500000% defense buffs going on... naturally (like every other tough enemy in the game) they are super fast so that automatically cuts off a LOT of my magical options...but they just barely take damage at all, and just like regular bosses...it only takes them 2 hits to kill me... just 1 hit instantly builds up 90+% "blood" effect.  It's not possible to just run past them or run away either, since they are so fast...they'll easily catch up to you.  There is a grace close by but it's borderline impossible to get past those guys....even with summons.  

Of course I'm interested in the "Lord of Blood" since I heard about the payout... you get 500k runes for killing that guy....in addition to the trident weapon he uses, I think.

My 2nd character "Ishologu" (Sorcery) here is level 90 at this point.... 21 hours.

I found the black flame incantation earlier today...same thing Godskin Apostles use... so I started putting some points into faith so I can use that eventually.

24 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Elden Ring, the adventures continue...

I'd love to fight that boss at Mohgwyn Palace, but it's insane just getting to him.  There's the slow bloodied zombies everywhere....they are no problem, but there's a dark area where 2 or 3 assassin guys show up that seem like they have +500000% defense buffs going on... naturally (like every other tough enemy in the game) they are super fast so that automatically cuts off a LOT of my magical options...but they just barely take damage at all, and just like regular bosses...it only takes them 2 hits to kill me... just 1 hit instantly builds up 90+% "blood" effect.  It's not possible to just run past them or run away either, since they are so fast...they'll easily catch up to you.  There is a grace close by but it's borderline impossible to get past those guys....even with summons.  

Of course I'm interested in the "Lord of Blood" since I heard about the payout... you get 500k runes for killing that guy....in addition to the trident weapon he uses, I think.

My 2nd character "Ishologu" (Sorcery) here is level 90 at this point.... 21 hours.

I found the black flame incantation earlier today...same thing Godskin Apostles use... so I started putting some points into faith so I can use that eventually.

Use Mimic. I believe you have it already. Then again, not sure how a mage build would do in those tight corridors. I’m dual wielding katanas and have a lantern on my hip and went through those guys pretty easily. My mimic just spams these guys with attacks and I come up from behind and unsheathe R2 them and then I back away to let the Mimic get their attention again and then go back in.

32 minutes ago, MillionX said:

It's not possible to just run past them or run away either

But I did exactly that. Granted it was on my Str/Faith build which a bit tankier then my Int build but I bet I could make that run with my Int character. Gonna upload some vids soon, I killed both God Skin Apostles by myself using my Int build. They where tough but still felt plenty doable. The Crucible Knights still feel way worse to me. 

Yikes, so the microtransactions on GT7 will make cars like a McLaren P1 GTR cost like $40, when the same car was like $5 on GT Sport

And it seems that the game's progression is being done in a way that throttles your progress to push you into buying the mtx. 

And some legendary cars even go for $200

Edited by Hecatom

man..."Astel" is somethin else.... 99% of the time.. I don't even get to do anything in that fight.  When you show up it's already about to fire the laser that goes across the room....OR he's going to whip the tail across the room which is a 1-shot kill for me or close to it.  Really, I don't even get a chance to attack this boss most of the time.  ...guess that's another one to come back to when I'm something ridiculous like level 300 with as much health as possible + flask of physick defense.  

The thing is... you have to beat this creature to get the vastly superior version of the meteor spell.  

5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

man..."Astel" is somethin else.... 99% of the time.. I don't even get to do anything in that fight.  When you show up it's already about to fire the laser that goes across the room....OR he's going to whip the tail across the room which is a 1-shot kill for me or close to it.  Really, I don't even get a chance to attack this boss most of the time.  ...guess that's another one to come back to when I'm something ridiculous like level 300 with as much health as possible + flask of physick defense.  

The thing is... you have to beat this creature to get the vastly superior version of the meteor spell.  

Million...What is your Vigor? You keep mentioning high Int but getting one shot. I just beat Astel this morning and neither of those moves could One Shot me. I'm using the Night Maiden armor and I have 35 Vig. What's your Vig? The soft cap for it in this game is 40. 

Wonder if you are fighting the harder one...I did the one in Ranni's questline. 

Edited by RSG3
10 minutes ago, MillionX said:

haha, yeah that's exactly the problem; too much of a glass cannon... my main character only has 20 on Vigor! 😆 I know that's pitifully low....actually I could reshuffle some points then, since hearing about the soft caps on certain stats.

Yea haha you're super squishy. Fuck thought I played with low Vigor, ask Gasarocky lol. Yea man reshuffle some points, I dunno do your grind some more but definitely get your Vigor up you're far too soft lol. 

There's a good video on YouTube right now about all the software. 

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Wait what is all this soft cap talk about stats in Elden Ring? 

EDIT:

N/m I just googled it.

It's just the levels for which stats stop giving you good gains for the investment (For anyone else wondering)

Elden Ring is so much bigger then any of their past projects that it seems they raised the soft and hard caps for every stat. 

Edited by RSG3

I got Astel down to about 10% of his health just now though....but I always need a lot of luck on my side to ever get that close to victory.  Oddly enough this still isn't quite as bad as Niall, imo....or Godskin Apostle at Caelid.  I never would've beat Niall without that 1 specific tactic of turning his knights with...whatever that item is I forgot the name of....basically 1 knight starts attacking Niall and the other knight...or if you turn both, they'll attack him.  He'll kill them super-fast though so either way it works out as one hell of a bonus for the player.

damn the hardest part seems just GETTING close to this boss in the first place....since right when you come in, it's the laser or tail whip that goes across the entire room.....I think *maybe* you have a little room if you are all the way on the back wall....the tail actually seems like a worse hit than the laser.  ...and he has no problem spamming the hell out of those attacks to make sure you are as fucked up as possible by the time you get close.  This is some bullshit, man... I'm already in bad shape by the time I get close enough to start fighting this piece of fucking goddamn shit.  Oh and then if you are too close then he'll just do that move where the entire area of the ground under and around him is a deadly zone of gravity magic.....so it's just checkmate if you're far away or close up, even with the summon.  Ohhh yeah and this is on top of the teleport grab from OFF SCREEN that you can do absolutely fucking nothing about....I almost forgot about that nonsense too; I've heard others saying this still kills you even at 40 vigor.

..in fact, yep that's the trump card.  When it's low on health...it WILL teleport-grab and you can't really do much about it.  Whoever designed this needs to get punched as hard as possible in the face one good time.  Edit---this is even worse than I thought... when he does this, he's actually cloning himself so there's like 8 of them all around....so there is NO ESCAPE.  Ok the designer of this is clearly a trolling piece of shit, seriously 🤣  Yeah fuck you.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

It's just the levels for which stats stop giving you good gains for the investment (For anyone else wondering)

Elden Ring is so much bigger then any of their past projects that it seems they raised the soft and hard caps for every stat. 

Yeah I checked my stats on Demon's Souls and I was in my NG+ at like level 84.

I think I'm right around there in Elden Ring and probably not even 50% done with the game lol.

Think I'm going to start whoring Vigor.  I'm like around level 20 on that I think.  I may get +6 more in Int though because I'm currently wearing that one helmet with the 2 heads that gives you +6 and that allows me to use a sword I have, but it also makes you lose some HP so if I +6 on int I can use the sword and then use another helmet which nets more health.

I also didn't realize how many smithing stones I had (non somber) and I upgraded my katana sword from like +9 to +14.  I was only using the tree sentinel weapon and the sword of fire and earth (or whatever the hell the name is) but now i'm going to start rocking the kitana again since it's about as strong as tree sentinel weapon but it's faster.  And unsheathe is pretty f'ing powerful too.

50 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Oddly enough this still isn't quite as bad as Niall

Which Niall, the one in Calid or the one in Castle Sol? The one in Calid is a push over but the one in Castle Sol is a jerk due to higher stats and his boss room being way way smaller so his gimmick is way more dangerous. 

@purbeastthe Moonveil Katana didn't get hit with the Nerf Bat so it's still really good, and it scales with Int so I think that's the Katana you should probably aim for in the long run. It's FP Skill is a really good Quick Draw skill to.

Well....I got the luck I needed... for whatever reason, he did NOT do the unbelievably cheap ass teleport/grab from off screen this last time as I spammed Meteor....and Mimic was still alive providing a distraction.  The *only* reason I beat him was because there was no teleport-grab shenanigans.  

*I brought vigor up to 39 points now....

• 39 Vigor
  • 34 Mind
  • 81 Intelligence

...back to Moghwyn.... I made it into the boss area finally!  Mimic casted the full moon spell... this along with him providing a distraction was perfect and allowed me to kill the first assassin.  It took a long time for the 2nd one to show up for some reason...I was worried for a bit and then just started running...Mimic had died on the first one....finally I got up to the 2nd level and ran to the Grace spot.

....heh, now of course for the miracle of beating the Lord of Blood though 😆

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Million...What is your Vigor? You keep mentioning high Int but getting one shot. I just beat Astel this morning and neither of those moves could One Shot me. I'm using the Night Maiden armor and I have 35 Vig. What's your Vig? The soft cap for it in this game is 40. 

Wonder if you are fighting the harder one...I did the one in Ranni's questline. 

Soft cap for VGR is 60 actually this time

ohhhhh yes.... the Lord of Blood... this is one of THE coolest boss fights I've seen in a long time.  THIS is quality stuff, folks.  Words can't even do it justice, man... I'm in awe here.

shocked holy shit GIF

I got him down to 50% or so already.... damn if only I had tomorrow off... I'd keep right on playing, losing sleep once again....

10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Which Niall, the one in Calid or the one in Castle Sol? The one in Calid is a push over but the one in Castle Sol is a jerk due to higher stats and his boss room being way way smaller so his gimmick is way more dangerous. 

@purbeastthe Moonveil Katana didn't get hit with the Nerf Bat so it's still really good, and it scales with Int so I think that's the Katana you should probably aim for in the long run. It's FP Skill is a really good Quick Draw skill to.

Haven't gotten that yet but last night I was playing and did not realize how much damn smithing stones I had so I upgraded my normal Kitana from +9 to +14. I hadn't used that thing in a long time since I was using more magic swords.

Finally beat Radahn last night. I hadn't tried facing him again since early last week so I had leveled up a bit,. This time I faced Radahn I got him to like at least 1/2 health every time so I knew I would get him.

Then on the one I did, I had him down to like 15% health in his first phase. He was about to go into phase 2 with about 50% health left and right as he was about to take off I landed a critical hit that stunned him (and also took off a HUGE chunk of health) and then myself and the summons just completely started going in on him with free shots as did I.

With the quickness of the kitana attack too I was able to basically stay right behind him on my horse and keep slashing at him without him really being able to hit me. That helped a ton.

I could nearly level up twice after I beat him with all the damn runes you get lol.

I also just completely walked passed that bull/scorpion mix thing up near the Volcano Manor and went back to him with this kitana build, and he still completely whooped my ass. I got him closer down with my magic build.

Hell yeah!  Godfall on XB?!?!  Finally, I can play it then...(since new systems are near impossible to get these days)

Elden adventures continue...

I went back to Nokron; previously I was only there to get the Mimic...this time was to look around... also, I can confidently handle the enemies in that area at this point .  There's quite a bit of the materials there like the Ghost Gloveworts and miscellaneous other pick-ups....and I found another area where you have to light some monuments to activate a boss battle.... it's similar to the other "Ancestor Spirit" thing....not too much of a big deal though since it has the same attacks I remember from the other "Ancestor".

The world and lore of Elden Ring is fascinating to me...and the exploration aspect of it all is 2nd to none.   I could gladly get lost in this world...always wondering what's around that hill or corners over there (if not certain doom via some "SURPRISE, MUTHAFUCKA." enemy of course)... I guess one way to put it... it's like that sense of awe and wonder about the world when you're a kid, and you go off "exploring" previously unknown areas....and in this game's world, there's almost always some cool, interesting payoff for whatever random bit of exploration you decided to go with.

edit---I can't get enough of how damn cool that Moon spell looks.  Sure, the Comet Azur is giving us a "Kamehameha!" vibe, but I like the visuals of the casting the full moon a bit more.  It also has a homing effect and makes enemies weaker to further magical attacks.

Edited by MillionX