Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What area did you miss? It's pretty easy to do considering how much there is. 

The volcano manor stuff outside of the npc stacked area. Didn't listen to patches on how to get there.  Saw a video where there's albunaurics in cages hanging everywhere and I have no clue where that is.

Tried to explore as much as I could but 100% I'm missing some caves etc.

Edited by Genghis_Dong

haha^ I knew right away once I saw that thumbnail^  When I first heard of Powerstone and that character, I couldn't believe they got away with that... it's understandable why the name became "Falcon" if I recall in the English version

so I got one of those talismans that boosts Incantations... apparently it's only 4% so far but I'll take it.  

Not just from this talisman, but damn what a difference in power I have now...back on my xbox Faith/Arcane character Mikael... I just zapped one of those Pumpkin-Helmet guys with a lightning bolt for 1,584 damage...completely one-shotted him. 

I tried earlier to get the superior version of the Incantation-boosting talisman...but I accidentally killed the npc when one of the big dog creatures followed me into the area with his cabin.  I killed the big dog with Dragon Rot...but of course that's an ability that can easily cause collateral damage... the big rot damage cloud caught the guy as well.  Fortunately, I heard on reddit that this guy respawns naturally though...so I may still get that talisman later.  I also wasn't aware you had to do a certain quest before getting the talisman from him anyway.  Note---apparently both incantation-boost talismans can stack!

Ohhhhh.... I just ran into GODSKIN DUO. 😳 I had heard the horror stories from other players weeks ago... oddly enough, my setup was good enough to actually scrape by on the first attempt!  Keep in mind of course... the ridiculous power of my current Faith/Arcane setup + having THE best summon in the game....and they let you summon an npc partner as well.  Even there... I was almost out of resources after that just now.  I hung back and spammed Dragon Rot breath every chance I got while Tiche did her thing... and she almost died there.... at the end since I was low on magic I went to my other routine of the dagger blood attacks, finishing the Apostle off while Noble died to the Rot Damage, I think...there was a LOT going on there; I'll have to review the clip later.  This character is also level 136 at the moment.

Edited by MillionX

Another triumphant moment!  Tonight's battle was against MALEKITH!

In only a few tries I was already starting to lose hope... but I kept getting close so I kept trying... one time, he actually died but it was after he killed me....so it didn't count.  One unfortunate time, Tiche got hung up on part of the terrain until she died (surprisingly I still made it to 2nd phase by myself there)  

...and finally.... that last attempt, I did my usual plan of running behind one of the pillars while Tiche put in the actual work, and I waited for an opportunity for Dragon Rot breath or the blood splash.  Tiche eventually got killed but he was already super low on health, then I finished things off with the usual Rot Breath.  It was yet another moment when I couldn't believe I actually beat this bastard.

The payout on this one = 220,000 runes! 

That cinematic when he goes 2nd phase, btw....outstanding.  

*and AGAIN Black Knife Tiche helped carry me.... with her I just finally beat Godfrey after several deaths.  This is another battle where as soon as phase 2 begins, you HAVE to already be running away from this guy ASAP and hope whatever summon you have distracts him....or you're just dead every time.  The last battle was down to the wire as well... Tiche was down to no health... and he did the thing where a large area of the ground just blows up....while I was casting Dragon Rot...but I was lucky enough to be just outside the range of that blast area....

payout for Godfrey = 300k!!!!!  That got me 2 level-ups there so I'm 145 now.

Edited by MillionX

Well, I made it to the grand finale with my Faith/Arcane character "Mikael".  

This is going to be one of those I'll be on for quite some time, I see already.  At level 146 it doesn't seem like quite enough power to deal with all this effectively.  Early this morning, I was already around probably 20-ish attempts and it was only on about three occasions that I managed to beat the first one.  As is the case in any game where it's one godlike boss right after another... one of the problems there is that you are likely almost out of resources by the time you get past the first fight, making the 2nd a truly hopeless battle.  If they were separate, like you had a Grace checkpoint after God #1 before fighting God #2... I think that would be manageable... in fact, I'm a bit more confident about being able to defeat God #2 there if I happened to have full resources and a fresh Tiche to summon.  There's a couple of things the first guy does that seems like you need luck on your side to dodge....like maybe once out of every 10 times you'll be able to dodge that shit cleanly. (*e.g.---the double-lightning bolt attack.  Roll twice and you dodge the first one, but you are now exactly where the #2 bolt is going to be...but if you roll left then right then you might miss bolt 2 but you are caught in the explosion radius of bolt #1.)

Time is of the essence here since I'm sure they're probably considering a nerf to bleed and/or rot damage (and maybe even Black Knife Tiche!) very soon with an update.  If that were to happen, all hope goes right out the window on this, imo.  I'm not sure how any other builds (except MAYBE sorcery?) can even begin to deal with this fight.  Seriously, I probably won't come back with serious attempts until I'm at least 200+.  That is how insane this is.

Still, this shit is SO epic.... one of the coolest looking final battles I've EVER encountered in gaming.  Words can't even do it justice, folks...like Morpheus said of the Matrix...you have to see it for yourself.  They went all out with the presentation here.

shocked holy shit GIF

Never cared for the Prime games. Technically , they're fine, just kinda boring, and I just feel FPS doesn't do truly Metroid justice

For nostalgia purposes, Super Metroid is #1. Then after, I'm going with Dread, Fusion, Zero Mission and......Other M (gets shot) as personal favorites. Whatever story issues ppl have with Other M, aside, you can't deny Samus controls superb in that game, that's how a fully 3d Metroid should be IMO

Hell, Returnal is ideally how I'd want a fully 3D Metroid to play. That game nailed it. Just imagine that, but with all of the Metroid musings, Samus abilities and environmental exploration. I doubt the developer will ever work for Nintendo tho 

Edited by HD-Man
48 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Time is of the essence here since I'm sure they're probably considering a nerf to bleed and/or rot damage (and maybe even Black Knife Tiche!) very soon with an update.  If that were to happen, all hope goes right out the window on this, imo.  I'm not sure how any other builds (except MAYBE sorcery?) can even begin to deal with this fight.  Seriously, I probably won't come back with serious attempts until I'm at least 200+.  That is how insane this is.

So in this case it doesn't matter because the final boss is immune to Bleed Proc. I mean a Bleed nerf is probably coming for sure, but it won't effect your performance on the last boss. 

ah, good to know then... the last few attempts I started focusing on lightning bolts... since the lightning is a fast attack and I have one of those things in Wonderous flask that boosts lightning damage....I get a buff from that and "Golden Vow" for a double-buff on lightning attacks.  One of the times I got past him was because of all the lightning damage working out while Tiche did her thing.... but overall I still need a little more; at the moment I have about 57 Faith and 56 or so Arcane.  Oh yeah and there's another buff I got from one of the talismans... I started using that one that gives another boost to lightning.  

*another thing that just hit me... maybe I respec my skill points to shift more of them into Arcane... since dragon communion seal S-scales off Arcane, actually... I should be using more points in Arcane with Faith actually being secondary... 🤔

That will be a shame to see bleed damage become generally useless in the near future... I've enjoyed making use of that at least as my backup plan with this character.  It's also the key to getting an early kill on the giant "Greyoll" dragon (I think that's the name) at the very beginning, which gives a fresh character one hell of a boost since that kill is worth about 70k+ runes AND 5 dragon hearts.

anyway... time for my character to get another "training story arc"...and come back stronger...

ichigo kurosaki bleach GIF

Edited by MillionX

There's some parts of Haruka story in Yakuza 5 that make me mad. None of it has to do with the quality of the story as far everything has been fine but a few things about Haruka herself bother me. 

For someone who's been through a bunch of bullshit she has a naivety to her she shouldn't have. She perceptive when it comes to Kiryu but it seems that only applies to him. 

The bullying she going through. Like, after seeing your father figure solo armies of guys bare handed since you were nine I would have expected her to be able to German a bitch on command when it's call for. I guess she's too kindhearted for that. Still, when taking her upbringing into account just taking it just feels wrong.

10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

4chan is actually where most Nintendo stuff breaks. Pretty much all of the correct or close to correct Pokémon leaks since Gen 6 (X/Y) have started on 4chan. 

I don't doubt some stuff that shows up on 4chan is actually legit but that place is also full of trolls posting up 'rumors and leaks' all the time.   If this turns out to be real then that's great!  I want it to be!  GB and GBA has been a rumor for a long time so it'll be great to actually have fire to go with all the smoke.    To also add onto this though there is a Maintenance scheduled for Nintendo's online on the 26th so...big hopes there.

extra

This video actually covers both the original tracks, the prototype tracks and also of course mentions the relationship between the original's and MJ's "Jam".  Really hard to hear but apparently the track original track actually samples "Jam" directly right before the loop.  Not talking about the notes..talking about there's a part that actually samples the Jam words in "Jam" but because the quality of of the Genesis chip I never noticed it until he pointed out.  Still really hard to make out but I can  just hear it.

Edited by Sonichuman
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sega getting drunk on movie money. After the success of Sonic we are now getting Streets of Rage 

https://deadline.com/2022/04/streets-of-rage-film-adaptation-john-wick-creator-derek-kolstad-1235004975/

Maybe I’m looking into this too much and in reality Streets of Rage is the easiest game to make a movie, but this feels like that Streets of Rage 4 was seen as a big success of Sega and they want to continue that. Hoping this means they’ll make another sequel.

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sega getting drunk on movie money. After the success of Sonic we are now getting Streets of Rage 

https://deadline.com/2022/04/streets-of-rage-film-adaptation-john-wick-creator-derek-kolstad-1235004975/

I'm trying to imagine how a Streets of Rage movie will play out and the only thing I can say right now is having someone from John Wick probably gives it a solid chance.  Premise is fairly simple but the main draw/star of the show is obviously going to be the action and the combat.  Action needs to spill from one room to another and it needs to be visceral.  I feel like the action sequences need to take some queues from Jackie Chan but toning down the fight comedy and probably also use raid 2 as a big influence.  

I'm not expecting anything mind blowing but if done right it could be a decent action flick.  They just have to keep it simple and work within the guidelines.  Ex cops tired of the grime and corruption that Mr.X has brought into the city so they work their way to take their complaints straight to him.  Probably have to find some way of explaining Ki or how Axel and Blaze can do some of the things they can do but if they can find the right setting they may not have to which I think would be far better.

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

We forgetting the most important thing, will the Streets of Rage movie have the awesome music from the games? 

Maaaaan...considering how the Sonic movie games have been treating the music from the series.  We both unfortunately know the answer to this.  We'll  "Go Straight" as a ring tone on someone's phone and then they'll give money to whatever mainstream artist of the day for the music video and that will be it.  Everything else will be mostly standard dramatic forgettable film score.  ( I'm super jaded on this right now lol)

I feel ya, but it depends. If their modernizing SoR for current times, you're probably right on lack of game music. Now if they're gonna keep that early 90s setting, it's a good chance we may get those old songs or licensed songs from that era atleast 

Let's hope lol

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Seriously all I would want out of an SOR movie is this. It's perfection. 

Funny enough, The Protector's stair sequence was also on my mind when trying to envision influences that SoR should pull from.   There was also another fight sequence that I was thinking about but it has completely escaped me.  If it comes back to me before I go to bed I'll edit this but I have a feeling it won't.

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I feel ya, but it depends. If their modernizing SoR for current times, you're probably right on lack of game music. Now if they're gonna keep that early 90s setting, it's a good chance we may get those old songs or licensed songs from that era atleast 

Let's hope lol

I mean if they even at least used some of Yuzo's influences or references to his influences in the music for the game music I'd be HIGHLY impressed.  I'm not going to hold my breath on that though. 

I can see it all happening now,  Axel, Blaze and Adam kick the doors in on a seedy club and instead of being awesome and having Yuzo DJing and playing his music from the game as an amazing reference while they're beating the shit out of people....it's fucking Skrillex and his WUBBING IT UP with "Bangarang"  and I'm just gonna be in the theater in completely disabelief at such an amazing slam dunk opportunity getting flushed.