Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Oh yeah I was just coming here to post a vid that popped up about it

Now... I would prefer it be on console, of course... but the unfortunate thing is (especially as a "free-to-play") that it would likely just be online-only like everything else.

heh, I still remember the good ol' early era of Diablo 3 being released on console----the FIRST thing I did was disconnect from the internet to play and enjoy D3 offline for a while.....simply because it was possible to do so.  Even now... outside of the "seasonal" content of course... I can play D3 offline on the consoles....and portable, thanks to the superior portable nature of Switch.  I could be out in the middle of nowhere and if my Switch has a charge, I can play that game just fine. (*I have a car-charger, btw... unfortunately it stopped working recently so I'd have to get a new one)

Edited by MillionX

Actually the NPD for March 2022 is out now!

I can't go through the full thing and put up shorter version I usually do at the moment since I'm on my break from work but I will say that Xbox Series was in fact the winner in terms of dollar amounts for March...Switch was the highest seller in terms of units.  If you read the previous twitter thread that Matt put up then you'd know that Elden Ring expereince a rare inverse when it comes in sales in the industry where the next month the game sold more than the previous month...Soooo because of that Elden Ring ended up becoming the #1 game easily for the month of March.  I'll edit this post later with the stuff I usually do once I'm off.

Edit:

So yeah...pretty crazy that Xbox Series is gaining ground and apparently it's mostly Sony's "fault" because of hardware constraints.  Sony better get there stuff straight if they want to keep the lead they have because from what I understand the sales between the Playstation and Xbox platforms are actually closer than people think they are.  Sony has been consistently ahead and Xbox has normally been in 3rd but one thing that isn't really mentioned is by how much in terms of units.  Microsoft didn't even have anything release last month and Sony should have been still hot off of Horizon II's release but the supply constraints ended up strangling them last month.  The controversy surrounding Gran Turismo didn't stop it from being the 2nd best selling game of the month.  So it would have been  No.1 if it wasn't for the likely GotY Elden Ring  (Dad of War Ragnarok and possibly Starfield right now are probably the only games we're aware of right now that's probably going to give this game a serious fight)

Software:

Top 20 for March 2022: Elden Ring, GT7, Kirby and the Forgotten Land (oh wow really? this high?), MLB The Show 22, Horizon II FW, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, WWE 2K22 (reviews actually said this game was actually decent this go round so hopefully they actually get sales so 2K can get itself back on track), MK8D, CoD Vanguard, Stranger of Chaos: Final Chaos Origin,  Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Ghostwire Tokyo (oh yeah that's right...this did come out last month didn't?), FIFA 22, Minecraft, Dat Madden 22, Triangle Strategy  (Eyyyyyy...not bad!), Mario Party Superstars, Smash Ult, AC:NH, Ass Creed: Valhalla

YTD 2022 Top 20:  Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Horizon II FW, GT7, CoD: Vanguard, Dat Madden 22, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, MK8D, Dying Light 2: Stay Human, FIFA 22, MLB The Show 22, MH: Rise, Miles Morales, Minecraft, Mario Party Superstars, Dad of War, Total War: Warhammer III, AC:NH, WWE 2K22, Smash Ult

Rolling 12 months top 10:  CoD: Vanguard, Elden Ring, Dat Madden 22, Pokmeon BD/SP, Battlefield 2042, Far Cry 6, CoD Blops CW, FIFA 22, RE Village, MLB The Show 21.

Top 10 Nintendo: Kirby and the Forgotten Land (nice) , Pokemon Legends: Arceus, MK8D, Triangle Strategy (very nice), Mario Party Superstars, Smash Ult, AC:NH, SM3DW+BF, Rune Factory 5, NSMBUD

Top 10 Sony: Elden Ring  (Horizon was 1 last month so this tracks with what Matt said especially becauuuusseee...), GT7, MLB The Show 22, Horizon II FW  (Horizon is now #4 this month), WWE 2K22, Stranger of Chaos: Final Chaos Origin, CoD Vangard, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Miles Morales, Ghostwire: Tokyo

Top 10 Microsoft: Elden Ring, CoD: Vanguard, WWE 2K22, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Ass Creed: Valhalla, CoD Blops VW, CoD MW 2019, Forza 5, Dat Madden 22, FIFA 22  (Yeah...No exclusives what so ever on this...not even Halo and meanwhile Sony had 2 recently launched high profile exclusives launch that charted along with a still really well selling exclusive from the previous month still charting.  They practically gave Microsoft their spot last month and they didn't do anything lol)

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Inverse Decay? I feel that could mean a few very different things depending on interpretation. 

Do you know what he means specifically? 

He actually explains it in the twitter thread when someone asks him about it and I explained it earlier in the post afterwards

If you read the previous twitter thread that Matt put up then you'd know that Elden Ring experienced a rare inverse when it comes in sales in the industry where the next month the game sold more than the previous month

Finally bought Ghost of Tsushima while it was on sale at Amazon a little over a week ago. Took me a bit to get used to the framerate (I have a vanilla ps4 and do 99.9% of my gaming on pc at 60fps), but man is this one gorgeous game. The art direction is stellar, and what they were able to do with such old hardware is nothing short of amazing. Combat is pretty decent for this type of game- not stellar, but better than the Assassins' Creed style I was expecting. 

I don't find it odd that Elden Ring sold more in March than February.  It was out for literally 4 days in February.  

Sure everyone who knew they were going to buy it got it at launch but it had such huge praise and let's be real, is more of a niche type of game than mainstream, and the hype around it swayed a ton of people as the numbers show.  

This is fantastic news for FromSoft though.  And probably means we will get DLC too.

Elden Ring (ps5 newer character!)...

Well, on my other character (going all in on Arcane as primary) I beat "Ulcerated Tree Spirit" twice, along with 2 "Falling Star" beasts and the 2 Tree Sentinels that guard one of the doors in the big city area tonight...they are so easily beaten in a cheap way... at least with ranged options.  I jump up or run thru the narrow area to their left... you end up in a grassy area outside the steps (also close to one of the Falling Star Beasts)....and the Tree Sentinels are too big to go through, so they can never get to you.  They can't jump over it either...and of course, with Dragon Rot Breath you can easily just melt them from there...haha they can't do anything about it.

I got this character to about level 70-ish... I didn't know that one of the Ulcerated Tree Spirit fights give you a golden seed as a reward!  Leyndell City is so good for some easy runes, actually (for Arcane/Faith and Sorcery types, at least)...and there's 2 of the small trees there that have 2 golden seeds each, so with the Ulcerated fight that's 5 golden seeds right there.  Currently, this character has the Crystalian summon.

Tomorrow is likely the day I finally get into Bloodborne... it's currently on sale (until 4/28) at 10 bucks.

Sure would be nice to go back to being a kid so I could actually have more time for all this greatness.  If I knew I'd love Elden Ring this much, it would've been one of those I took a few days off for, around the launch date.   I was reminiscing earlier about that being my plan when Vampyr was released...I think the date was 6/05/18...and oh yeah.. I took some days off and had a "5-day weekend" around it. (I took Thursday, Friday and the following Monday off....started the "event" off with my favorite pizza as well.)  That was such a good time.

ah yes... and so on this night, my adventures in Bloodborne would finally begin.  I've just made my "violent past" character and run around in the first area, killing the first few weak enemies.  I'm already in love with how this world looks, and the general tone going on here.  I look forward to to being all in on this one.

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, MillionX said:

ah yes... and so on this night, my adventures in Bloodborne would finally begin.  I've just made my "violent past" character and run around in the first area, killing the first few weak enemies.  I'm already in love with how this world looks; I look forward to to being all in on this one.

What weapons did you choose? Saw Cleaver, Switch Axe, or Cain Sword? Did you take the Flintlock or the Blunderbus?

13 minutes ago, MillionX said:

ah yes... and so on this night, my adventures in Bloodborne would finally begin.  I've just made my "violent past" character and run around in the first area, killing the first few weak enemies.  I'm already in love with how this world looks, and the general tone going on here.  I look forward to to being all in on this one.

Elden ring is super good, but I liked bloodborne better. Enjoy the ride.

Oh yeah... I picked the flintlock pistol... and for the main weapon it was a tough call between axe and the cane sword but I went with axe.  It would be nice if I had more energy to keep playing but I'm probably about 10 minutes away from Dreamland once again.

It still looks great, of course... but I would love to see either a version of this or a sequel that is specifically made now with the power of current gen/PS5 in mind.  

BLOOD HUNT.

Oh yeah today is the day, folks.  I wish there was more to it though... so far I see that it's JUST the battle royale thing, basically.  I would've been all in on a proper story mode here....running around and feeding on random citizens while trying not to break the "masquerade" and stay off the radar of the "Second Inquisition" and the rival vampire factions....that would've been great, and something to make up for the tragic "development hell" state that Bloodlines 2 fell into. (if that game ever happens it won't be until at least 2024 at the earliest, I bet.  Some fans probably gave up on it a long time ago at this point.)

In terms of the abilities, Nosferatu is more appealing to me.. the "Saboteur" becomes invisible just by crouching for about 1 second.  In the first match it was funny that this worked to fool people on at least 2 or 3 occasions... I watched as people who saw me a moment ago then ran right by me crouched next to a wall, since I had become invisible after breaking line of sight. 😆  Anyway, it didn't go well of course... I probably just got as far as I did in the first match by camping and only going for cheap shots.  I fed on a few npcs and damaged some people but ultimately got killed ("diablerized" -- in the VTM lore, this is actually a big deal; it's the vampire feeding on another one to the point of killing them and consuming their very soul....it also can lower the vamp's "generation", increasing power and even gaining the victim's powers.  It can possibly backfire if attempted on a considerably stronger/older opponent.)  It was unfortunate when I got killed... I had just picked up what looked like a good shotgun... I figured that would be a good little strategy there, to be invisible and catch people by surprise with shotgun blasts out of nowhere.

edit---clan Ventrue is also available now... so really my only favorites here will be Nosferatu and Toreador.  It would be nice if they added Lasombra.

hell yeah now THAT is a proper trailer for this.

Edited by MillionX

BLOOD HUNT!

heh, I did terribly overall but that one moment was such fun...crouched there invisible with a shotgun... one poor soul never saw it coming... I caught him running right towards me unknowingly... right into my line of sight....BOOM with the boomstick.....big chunk of damage out of nowhere for that guy 😆

whoah you can get a katana in the game too.... hell yeah...mannnn I wish I was good in this one.

well... I lasted slightly longer in that round though, apparently... 19 out of the 37...ha, movin' up in the world ever so slowly...

ohhhhh I did much better that time... caught 2 people by surprise; that's me; I'm the snake in the grass that goes for cheapshots ALL day.  It was cool... I got out of there once someone started firing back... that smoky "vanish" power is golden for saving your ass in a bad situation.

edit---haha I broke masquerade that last time... since I'm a Nosferatu, I was seen feeding on one of the people... 

Edited by MillionX

Forgot about that game.  I just picked the same character I had during the beta.  Same character as yours probably.  

6Khrf7x.jpg

Only problem I had this time was that I couldn't figure out how to exit the game.  Had to alt+f4 out. 

Edit - Also I noticed today that that one button on the xb controller that didn't do anything now does something. It takes screenshots when I press it. 

25WBuWc.png The little middle button there. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark