Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I'm really liking the callbacks to past Kirby games in Forgotten Land. Clutter Needle is def a nod to Kirby 64 combo ability where Kirby turns into a crazy Swiss army knife. One of the earlier missions has you making red tulips bloom, which reminds me of something you had to to in one of Kirby's Dream Land 3 early levels.

Upgraded copy abilities are also pretty ace. Sleep, an ability you would want nothing to do with, is super useful, especially when updated. Upgraded Crash reminds me of DIO's THE WORLD. 

I'm getting close to the end of Elden Ring.

I passed the Fire Giant last night and onto what I believe is the last area.  Played it for like an hour or so after I beat that area.  It's crazy how little runes you get for bosses like the Fire Giant compared to the optional tougher bosses like Melania and Mohg.

My blasphemous blade was doing such little damage to him.  Same with my sword of night and flame.  I was using magic attacks with both to try and keep a distance and just not working at all.  So I tried my blood katana and that thing completely whooped him.  Took me one try with myself and my mimic having it.

I also found yet more areas I hadn't seen yet when looking closer at the map and seeing some structures in Caelid and the peninsula that I had yet to get into so I went and found some more things to do.

I'm at 134 hours and I think level 174.

yeah the cheap nonsense was such a frustrating thing with Mortal Kombat....so it's always been a love/hate thing with that series for me.... only fun to play against other people, since the AI is just going to hit you with straight up bullshit.  It's still the first series of game that comes to mind whenever I think of the textbook example of games actually cheating against the player.  I'd say it was even worse than those times in Street Fighter II where the cpu-controlled characters disregard the rule that some moves need to be charged, like sonic boom and flash kick.  MK games were just cheap shit from about the 3rd or 4th character up the "ladder" of any single-player mode.

The most blatant and hilarious thing to me was that at least in the home versions....characters that are NOT Sub Zero can actually slide over to you if you start spamming projectiles for a while....almost like the AI itself is just making shit up on the fly.

edit---oh and the input-reading thing... still goes on even today.  In fact, our beloved Elden Ring seems like the latest example.  It *appears* to most people that Godskin Apostle, and probably several other bosses, are programmed to immediately react accordingly to the player drinking the health potion. (so healing *always* means you get hit instantly, unless you were behind parts of the wall on either side of the room...and even then, if he's close when you do that, he'll still retaliate with a melee attack that will go through the wall to hit you, btw.  The AI disregards solid objects like walls all the time in this game)  It seems most obvious with Godskin, actually....as a lot of the time, he just won't act until the exact moment you do something.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

yeah the cheap nonsense was such a frustrating thing with Mortal Kombat....so it's always been a love/hate thing with that series for me.... only fun to play against other people, since the AI is just going to hit you with straight up bullshit.  It's still the first series of game that comes to mind whenever I think of the textbook example of games actually cheating against the player.  I'd say it was even worse than those times in Street Fighter II where the cpu-controlled characters disregard the rule that some moves need to be charged, like sonic boom and flash kick.  MK games were just cheap shit from about the 3rd or 4th character up the "ladder" of any single-player mode.

The most blatant and hilarious thing to me was that at least in the home versions....characters that are NOT Sub Zero can actually slide over to you if you start spamming projectiles for a while....almost like the AI itself is just making shit up on the fly.

edit---oh and the input-reading thing... still goes on even today.  In fact, our beloved Elden Ring seems like the latest example.  It *appears* to most people that Godskin Apostle, and probably several other bosses, are programmed to immediately react accordingly to the player drinking the health potion. (so healing *always* means you get hit instantly, unless you were behind parts of the wall on either side of the room...and even then, if he's close when you do that, he'll still retaliate with a melee attack that will go through the wall to hit you, btw.  The AI disregards solid objects like walls all the time in this game)  It seems most obvious with Godskin, actually....as a lot of the time, he just won't act until the exact moment you do something.

What makes that even more annoying is how you can't do a horizonal swing anywhere near a wall. At least make the enemies play by the same rules.

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

@MillionX about to start a new playthrough of the gawd game Kingdoms of Amalur. Any recommendations on builds? Thinking of going up the magic tree just to see what its like.

Oh hell yeah...always good to see another one discover the greatness of that game.  I played every possible character class/type in that... my favorites were definitely pure Sorcery and Finesse +Sorcery hybrid.  The pure builds are especially godlike strong... with "Might" ending up being nearly unkillable tank status towards the end game.  For weapons, Chakrams seemed like the clear top-rank choice for me....that and daggers.  Chakrams are fast, chargeable like anything else, and have good range....it's like there's nothing bad you could say about how that weapon works.  Also... I always went for blacksmithing skills asap, since the crafted weapons were clearly superior to anything you could find (*I think this changed with the latest DLC since it introduces a new tier of weapons)

Elden Ring--- I hope they never tone down this Dragon Communion Seal... considering the absolute hell you have to go through to get that shit....it's in that area right at the beginning with the fog wall...so it costs a stone key...then there's that first room where the whole floor is poison... then you're trying to dodge the indestructible death chariot thing that constantly rolls around....all while fighting ghosts that disappear and reappear...some of which have crossbows... THEN you have to fight a ridiculously strong ghost of a Banished Knight in that tiny room at the end.  The best bet is to lure him out so the giant death chariot machine kills him...but that's trick as well, of course.  I just went through this for the 2nd time on another character...and this took at least 8 to 10 tries since you have to be perfect with the timing on everything there. (e.g.---waiting until the moment the death chariot turns around to go back up the first ramp before you drop down to the next lower ramp so you have enough time to run all the way to the room with the knight....it's quite a long run, btw...so the whole way you're hoping you timed it right so that chariot isn't already on its way back to you.)

Ok yeah... in Elden Ring it pays off big time to kill stuff at night... someone here mentioned it before, but occasionally some enemies will appear with glowing eyes... and they will be worth wayyy more than the normal amount of runes.  I just killed one guy in the early game of this new character for nearly 6,000.... I think normally that dude would only be worth 1100-ish.

Rot damage is constantly giving me those cool "Omae wa... mou shindeiru" moments.... the enemies still rushing at me... not realizing.... You're already dead, bruh.

damn, what a day... so on this fresh new character "Belial"  today; I'm level 56 (heh, well 60 now; Godskin Apostle was worth 94k runes), defeated Margit, Godrick, tons of those stonedigger trolls for easy runes, started Ranni's quest, defeated the Ancient Ancestor (I think that's the name), opened up the map for Caelid, the western side, killed 2 or 3 dragons, got my dragon communion seal and Reduvia dagger to level 4, got the Crystalian summon, and killed a few Erdtree minibosses....and I have 3 dragon spells now.

cool detail---your character gets "dragon eyes" when you've acquired a few dragon spells!  

Edited by MillionX

Finally finished Elden Ring today.  

Apparently I got the best/secret ending according to this:

https://www.gamesradar.com/elden-ring-endings/

I was like level 176 or something when I beat it.  I found the final boss the toughest in the game.  I beat em with no flasks left too so it was close after like 10-12 tries.  

I doubt I will be putting much if anymore time into this game.  What an awesome ride it was.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

jfc is that normal? 😂

Don't think so.  I pretty much explored every single nook and cranny of the game and did all the side quests and stuff I came across.  I honestly didn't even farm much at all.  Probably like 10-15 of my levels were farmed out and they were way earlier in the game.  Once I hit level 100 I like never had to farm anything.  Sucks too cause I found the awesome farm spot in Mogwyn Palace later in the game when I didn't even need it.

So I figured I could go and beat the shit outta Margarete but that motherfucker still kicks the shit outta me.  I've fought that cocksucker like 15 times now and can only get him half dead.  I gotta get better at dodging.  Maybe I need to beef up my weapon(s) and/or use something other than a spear. 

7SgE1a6.png

te7IMep.png

Tried this fighting game out called Hellish Quart.  Its pretty fun.

spacer.png

I recently started lookin' at twitter.  It kinda sucks cause its mostly just sluts in slutty clothes...or no clothes.  Anyhow, if I keep scrolling I find some cool stuff.  These games here look like they'll be cool.