Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

The 2nd part of Sakurai talking about Smash's fighter reveal videos got put up

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2022/take-a-look-back-at-super-smash-bros-fighter-reveals-with-masahiro-sakurai-part-2/

vids

Spoiler

Arika put up an April Fools video early?  which...actually looks kind of cool so I hope it's kind of a double SIKE!

Hyper Light Drifter Celebration and Announcement is live currently

They haven't announced whatever it is yet and they're just playing the game at the moment.

Extra

2 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1534840/Hyper_Light_Breaker/

I'll be lookin' forward to this one.

I enjoyed the hell out of HLD. Pretty radical departure going to full 3d, I hope they really focus on getting the combat feel right. Glad to hear they're sticking with the same aesthetic and musical flavor.

Edited by Camacho

Commander Niall abso-fucking-lutly sucks dick and balls if you are a Melee build. Dude has a huge spear with massive sweep range, and almost every fucking thing he does is an AOE. It's dog shit. With so many bosses some are bound to be stinkers. This guy is one of them. He's super duper lame. 

Didn't like him with my mage build either for the record. 

Edited by RSG3
10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Commander Niall abso-fucking-lutly sucks dick and balls if you are a Melee build. Dude has a huge spear with massive sweep range, and almost every fucking thing he does is an AOE. It's dog shit. With so many bosses some are bound to be stinkers. This guy is one of them. He's super duper lame. 

Didn't like him with my mage build either for the record. 

Yeah, I wonder if the fight where he's accompanied by 2 knights is even possible without that 1 specific method of using the "bewitching branch" to turn 1 or both of the knights into allies.  It seems to be literally impossible or very close to it from what I see... it's a small area to fight, and the knights are fast with long range, and their abilities can easily knock you down so you get guaranteed followup damage that kills you.  By himself it might not be a problem with a mage due to the natural advantage of ranged magic attacks wearing him down... but the 2 knights being in there as his backup is ridiculous.  That bewitching branch seems to be the only option that gives the player a chance.

edit---hmm... well, I didn't have the Mimic back then for this fight... I'm not sure how much that would help, actually... the summoning of Mimic takes so much health though... so there would be some "setup time" there with summoning and then drinking a healing flask and hoping the knights aren't in my face by that time.  Well, that's for the next time, I guess on another character... that branch saved the day for me on the first character/playthrough.

Edited by MillionX

Yesterday I got to the area above the Village of the Albinaurics.  Man there are some tough enemies up there.  I spent A LOT of time trying to beat this god damn red wolf and I finally beat him after like 45 minutes.  It was just that he hits so hard and fast.  He only needed like 6-8 hits from me total but it was hard to get all of them but I finally got it.  I was pretty disappointed with the payout because I expected it to be a ton but it was like 3k or something.   I thought there was going to be something else afterwards because where you face the wolf there are these 3 statues which just look important.  But nope lol.

Then there were a total of 4 dragons up there, 3 of them together, and those also didn't give much runes.  I also found these other enemies that are like made of glinstone glass or something, and my weapons do like NO damage to them.  I'll have to figure out what type of weapon you need to use on them.  They were in this area that didn't seem to have anything around it though so not really sure.  

Few ruins and stuff up there too but overall wasn't much

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Yeah, I wonder if the fight where he's accompanied by 2 knights is even possible without that 1 specific method of using the "bewitching branch" to turn 1 or both of the knights into allies

It is as I didn't use the Bewitching Branch for for the Nelee or Magic build. I focused down his adds first then focused him. 

42 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I also found these other enemies that are like made of glinstone glass or something, and my weapons do like NO damage to them. 

They are devestated by Blunt weapons. Clubs, maces, hammers and morning stars fuck their whole world up really badly. 

43 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Few ruins and stuff up there too but overall wasn't much

There is an amazing weapon up there but it's tied to a long quest line that eventually takes you to that location. Couple other good items up there as well, there is a Mages Rise on one of the cliff sides. 

Dunno your build so no clue if any of what is up there will help you or not but there is good stuff up there if the right steps are taken. 

25 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It is as I didn't use the Bewitching Branch for for the Nelee or Magic build. I focused down his adds first then focused him. 

They are devestated by Blunt weapons. Clubs, maces, hammers and morning stars fuck their whole world up really badly. 

There is an amazing weapon up there but it's tied to a long quest line that eventually takes you to that location. Couple other good items up there as well, there is a Mages Rise on one of the cliff sides. 

Dunno your build so no clue if any of what is up there will help you or not but there is good stuff up there if the right steps are taken. 

Yeah I haven't gotten into that Rise yet and don't know what the puzzle means (and don't want to be flat out told either so please no spoilers) so yeah that is something for sure.  I remember seeing one of the rises down in the peninsula also had that same puzzle on it so I'm assuming whatever it is opens both of em.  

Are pick axes considered blunt weapons?  I have one of them leveled up to like +5 or something.  I'm guessing I have a ton of these in general in my chest too and could level em up to like +10 pretty easily with all the stones I have.

37 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Are pick axes considered blunt weapons?

Pick axes are piercing weapons like Rapiers I believe. That's what they have been in all the other past games so I don't see why it would change. 

And yea I try to talk vaguely whenever possible so as not to spoil. 

So anyway I was using the Latenna the Albanuric Ash while fighting some Wolves and blow my fucking mind if she didn't just fuckin hop up onto one of the Wolves and start riding it. Now she's a mobile turret. 

Holy shit!!! Lol

Edited by RSG3

heh, when you can manage to setup Terra Magicus and cast from inside it... ohhh that damage bonus is significant.  I wish there were more occasions where I could safely pull that off.  Some spells like Rock Sling, Comet, Loretta's Bow and the Star's of Ruin already do some crazy damage...but just imagine that being cast from inside the sigil of Terra Magicus!  A lot of enemies are so fast and agile though, it's just not something you can get away with that often, sadly.  Stars of Ruin is incredible, btw....definitely worth the effort to get it.  It costs a lot to cast but has great damage and more importantly.... has that homing effect, so enemies have a tough time avoiding it completely... it's guaranteed damage on most things, basically.  When I beat Godskin Apostle I was using Stars of Ruin quite a bit at that point, since I knew he wasn't going to be able to dodge all of it.

I still haven't finished the first go at Elden Ring yet, but obviously this game ranks very high with me... it has become one of my new all-time favorites for sure.  So far I'll say at least a 9 out of 10.

This game took me away from so many others for such a long time... at least the Wonderlands game caught my attention for a bit when it came out recently; I have 3 characters made for that already....my main one being a Spellshot/Graveborn hybrid.  I also want to get back to Kingdoms of Amalur to continue my adventures into the new content that was released a few months ago....it's good stuff too... my character was god-level and had defeated the final boss...but against the new enemies in the DLC, I'm actually having to fight seriously against the enemies there.  

Edited by MillionX
20 hours ago, iStu X said:

No E3 this year it seems

Big RIP to E3, man

ESA really majorly fucked up the event, couldn't even go out with a bang before the Gaming Christmas fades away

also we now live in a timeline where Geoff Keighely has THREE MAJOR VIDEOGAME SHOWS ALL IN THE SAME YEAR. WHAT THE FUCK

So today I decided to break out my Vita and do some magiks and put some game port on it.  I use VitaShell for that, it a file browser.  This is what I saw when I opened it.

FiPPqcT.png

Oh shit!  My henious deeds have gotten me punished.  So I restarted the Vita and tried a couple games.  They still worked fine.  Eh fuck it I'll figure it out later.

So later I do go back and I get the same message.  I decided to do some googlefu and figure out why that happened or how.  I was reading some site and I let VitaShell open and run.  Got the same message.  But as I was reading I figured it out.  This screen popped up.

OJONuZo.png

It was a fuckin' April Fools joke.

MAAANNNNNNNN that shits fucked up.

🤣

So I found my first boss in Elden Ring.  That motherfucker kicks my ass though.  I gotta get buff.  Found a good spot to get that experience stuff.

Stupid giant creatures, killin' each other for me.  Do this a couple more times, found it easier and faster to kite 3 of those fuckers instead of 2.  I think I'll get jacked if I try 4.  I dunno where else to go to get good experience.  That boss is finna get it.

This too - 😎