Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Sorry what?

What values of the modern kof roster?

Saudi Arabia has executed gay people by throwing them from rooftops (hence my Fatal Fury reference). KoF has gone err... fabulous for a while now. Which I don't give a shit about, but I'd imagine many Saudi royals would. 

Edited by Camacho

There's so many cool things in the game... check out the Remembrance weapons and skills (*"spoiler" covered for those who'd rather not see all of them...)

Spoiler

Ohhhh yeah I definitely will need to get the "Death Lightning" one for my Faith character.

Also, it might be a while before I go back to my main Sorcery character "Alastor"... the Faith/Arcane build is just SO much fun with so many cool abilities.  That dragon Rot breath attack in particular is strong against MOST things in the game.  The super rune-farm area in Eastern Caelid... the breath has such a wide reach and kills so fast... I can get more points faster than with my Sorcery character, who still has to kill things 1 by 1.  Rot Breath on the other hand wipes out entire groups of enemies in seconds.... it took no time at all to gain some serious levels then... so currently my Faith/Arcane guy is something like 105-ish, I think. (Faith and Arcane are around 45 points now; Vigor and Mind are both around 30)

ooh... and these Faith weapons

Spoiler

Edited by MillionX

I got Nex Machina... now I can finally play it after all these years.  It's just as good as expected....easily the best looking twin-stick shooter I've played.  The visuals are incredibly nice.  The way it plays is what you'd expect; takes me right back to the good ol' days of playing Geometry Wars non-stop.... but of course with a few more gameplay things like the quick dash and trying to rescue people before the machines kill them.

Apparently Godfall is out already on Xbox so of course I'm getting into that next.

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

Apparently the Chrono Cross port is straight garbage? I preordered and such on my switch but I’ve been super busy so I haven’t been able to get around to playing it. 

edit; yeesh 

I literally had the physical version in my Playasia cart when that video popped up and I was like nah. I wanted to set aside my feelings about Chrono Trigger and give the game a shot. I still may pick it up down the line but..from what've I scene fan mods on emulator do the game a lot more justice. There is no excuse for a PS1 game having frame rates in the teens on three generation old hardware let alone current gen. The performance of that game would be inexcusable on PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.

Edit: The game is GTA Trilogy remastered tier IMO. That said, it seems the Switch version is the best. Portable mode masks some of the visual and performance warts apparently.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I literally had the physical version in my Playasia cart when that video popped up and I was like nah. I wanted to set aside my feelings about Chrono Trigger and give the game a shot. I still may pick it up down the line but..from what've I scene fan mods on emulator do the game a lot more justice. There is no excuse for a PS1 game having frame rates in the teens on three generation old hardware let alone current gen. The performance of that game would be inexcusable on PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.

Edit: The game is GTA Trilogy remastered tier IMO. That said, it seems the Switch version is the best. Portable mode masks some of the visual and performance warts apparently.

Man...they had 1 job. Upres it nicely and do away with the menu/gameplay resolution issues. 

How the fuck they got a PS1 RPG running at like 15 fps? Is that fucking true? Really? 

12 hours ago, iStu X said:

Apparently the Chrono Cross port is straight garbage? I preordered and such on my switch but I’ve been super busy so I haven’t been able to get around to playing it. 

edit; yeesh 

I'm watching this video right now and I haven't even gotten to the fps yet.  Decisions made on what to AI upscale and how are head scratching.  They upscaled the intro fmv but left everything else raw which is super baffling.  And then the backgrounds often look either worse or ??? and they really looked at that and were like "....This'll do!".  Man if this remaster doesn't sell and they try to say "We didn't show interested in this franchise cause this didn't sell", I'm gonna be pretty annoyed.

Edit:

Also I listened to the X-Men Destiny What Happened video on the way home from work and HOLY HELL I was fucking dying when they got the to Juggernaut part.  I can only imagine the look on their faces when they sent the Marvel Encyclopedia after they sent in their game for review.  If I was Julian I'd have been petty as fuck about this.  "You remember that time I told you that Juggernaut wasn't a mutant and you said I was looking to much into this and Marvel wouldn't care and then they sent us a Marvel Encyclopedia after we sent in that Beta for review?".

Edited by Sonichuman

Not saying it's actually indictove of anything but there does seem to be enough of a trend with it that if I hear "Machine AI Upscale" I seriously lose interest in your product. 

It's getting a bad wrap. 

Edit: Today's scoops

spacer.png

Japanese Gradius 3&4 and Taito Legends 2 which has a bunch of Taito Arcade games on it, specifically some of their best and rarest Shmups like Gun & Frontier.

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

A video that Infiltration streamed showed up in my youtube feed that some might be interested in

Arc Sys Korea did some amazing cosplay of Jack-O...this includes the meme crouching pose.

@MillionXtook over your recommended videos too? I've been getting nothing but women's track & field for the past few days. 

Too Human was such a shame... I remember that everything about that game looked cool... I was very much looking for ward to it.

....annnnd then I played a demo.  Holy crap the gameplay was bad...it was some extremely odd choice of using analog sticks for attacking; I vaguely remember that being the basic thing with it....but I didn't like that at all.  That one design decision murdered that game for me.

I started on Godfall earlier tonight... oh yeah, this is good fun.  I'm already focusing on damage and putting a certain build concept together.  I figured this would just be another one of those games that I like that most people apparently don't care about.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

I started on Godfall earlier tonight... oh yeah, this is good fun.  I'm already focusing on damage and putting a certain build concept together.  I figured this would just be another one of those games that I like that most people apparently don't care about.

I played Godfall a good bit.  I enjoyed it. 

I checked out this racing game today.  An retro style arcade racer.  Its kinda fun.

I've been playing Weird West a lot the last couple of days.  I like those top down isometric whatevers type shooter/action games.  WW is a pretty good one.

Hahaha dude why does the White Mask Varre fight make no fucking sense? This dude is literally a Bleed Build, his entire lore and quest line revolves sound blood, his weapon bleeds and main spell is a Bleed spell...so how come his stupid little 10 faith fire fart do 900 damage while all his Bleed shit fails to do over 500?

Make it make sense Fromsoft. This guy would be beatable for me at lol 56 if his 0 frame start up little flame spell didn't do so much fucking damage. Why is he a Bleed build when he sets you on fire way way better? Why does he even have a fire spell?

I just want his stupid Bouquet of Roses Hammer. Like just fucking die dude, you're quest line is over, there is nothing else for you to do. Youre just wasting my time. Die and give me you're fucking hammer. 

Edited by RSG3

haha I didn't realize you even fight him at some point....I really only engaged in his quest to get to that super-farming area in eastern Caelid.  I haven't spoken to or even seen that dude again since. 😆  ...ultimately got sidetracked by the seemingly thousands of other things to do in this awesome world.  I'm still occasionally trying to fight Mohg.... I need to get that curse protection item on my Faith character before even trying him again, really....it seems like that's just a requirement for that fight, unless the player is at such a level of power that they can just destroy his health bar before he gets the chance to start the blood curse spell....once he starts it, that's death unless you have the item, it seems.

edit---hmm...or I guess theoretically one could "out-heal" it if they had enough health flasks... 🤔

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Very unexpected announcement. If it's like the 3rd game, I'll pass. Cautiously optimistic 

KH IV

Looks like the artstyle has taken a shift and I both like it and think it's weird at the same time.  KH 3 had better graphics and everything and what not with the lighting but the style of the still very much intact.  This game's artstyle feel like it clashes at times.  Thing to notice right off the bat is Sora's shoes are not overly huge and everything has this very realistic "Final Fantasy versus 13 cinematic before it became XV" vibe to it that is until he pulls out the keyblade and starts doing his Gurren Lagaan attack. 

Gameplay wise it looks like they're trying to work on making the movement/"parkour"/flowmotion better.  I'm all for them trying to do that better so long as it doesn't overpower the gameplay like it did in DDD.  All I want is for them to use KH2 as a base for combat and go from there without there being something OP like the Amusement rides in 3 taking over the combat. 

I wanna say it looks realistic like that due to Sora being in that particular world, he may look different in the more cartoony worlds. But it could very well be an overall art style change as well so Idk

And yea KH2 is the perfect base, keep that floaty bullshit to a minimum and make the game actually challenging again. That's all I ask

ha, the bloodstains I see in "Lake of Rot" are have been pretty funny... it's exactly what I expected to see in this area... it's always someone running for their life, trying desperately to get to the Grace you see off in the distance once you made it across most of the lake....but then you see the exact moment that the rot damage finally caught up with them. ...with the Grace point so close you can see it.  You know the devs wish they could see the look on everyone's face as they try to make it through this area the first time... this glorious lake of Rot...where you have no access to the horse. 🤣

Fortunately for me, I have a few of that consumable that looks like beans that cures scarlet rot... I was using the consumable until I remembered I also have the flame spell that can cure it as well.

9 hours ago, MillionX said:

haha I didn't realize you even fight him at some point....I really only engaged in his quest to get to that super-farming area in eastern Caelid.  I haven't spoken to or even seen that dude again since.

He has a red sign dropped just before the Dynasty Mausoleun Midpoibt Grace. Go into the hallway a little bit and you'll see it on the floor. 

Hell yeah... Crystalian once again saves the day, folks... 

So I got to the end of Lake of Rot to find... a certain dreaded boss I had a hell of a time trying to beat previously.  Unbelievably... on the 2nd go I actually killed that big bastard!!!  It's really all thanks to my beloved Crystalian summon.... that and of course I just kept on unloading with the constant dragon rot breath.  (*Faith is 46 now; Arcane is 44)  I still consider it a bit of luck here that it didn't go for that cheap teleport/grab that seems to always be a 1-shot kill.  

Once again I'm sitting here in disbelief that I actually survived that shit, killing him before he could do THAT jutsu that is certain doom.   

ah, this is a major one... I got a "Remembrance" from it as well...  the rune payout was 80,000!

*edit---I made sure to save a clip of that of course.  Heh, it will be cool to review all those moments of triumph later.

Edited by MillionX

There is no way to avoid it.  Embrace it. 

Anyhow, I found out about some place to go in Elden Ring to get this shit that gives me a boost to souls gained.  But I get that rot shit and I dunno where to get more of those things that cure it.  I got lost trying to find that other place and I found this place but that bad guy to the left kicked my ass twice so I left cause I was in the wrong cave anyway.

8haEJIt.png

also...

spacer.png