Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

8 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sega getting drunk on movie money. After the success of Sonic we are now getting Streets of Rage 

https://deadline.com/2022/04/streets-of-rage-film-adaptation-john-wick-creator-derek-kolstad-1235004975/

The only reason why i have a silver of hope is that 

A) They have one of the people involved in creating John Wick behind the project

B) After Sonic 1 and 2, it feels like Sega is willing to listen to fans.

If they manage to keep what they are doing with Sonic, i am at least interested on giving the movie a try.

46 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What is Twinking?

Within the context of a souls game, it's when a low level character gets high level equipment. This is usually done when a player has a high level character who hordes a bunch of good equipment and dumps it on the low level character. Or they know someone that can do that for them. 

Edited by Hawkingbird

I didn't even know that was possible... I don't recall there being a way to drop things on the ground in Elden Ring...or apparently there is?  Or there's a shared stash kinda thing like in other games?  

Oh no... well here we go, folks:

...already sounding like my Swarm of Flies got murdered... and reduced scaling and status effect buildup from my dragon communion seal.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Within the context of a souls game, it's when a low level character gets high level equipment. This is usually done when a player has a high level character who hordes a bunch of good equipment and dumps it on the low level character. Or they know someone that can do that for them. 

Yea I tend to use my old builds as a Mule and by co-oping eith a friend I drop the gear I want for the new build for them then load the new character and have them drop the gear again for my new one. 

I'm really tempted to pick up the PS4 version of Elden Ring when it's cheaper just to be able to do this on my own and not have to use a friend. 

But I don't pump my weapons to max to invade new people (Tho I may build a twink killer to help the newbs at this point) because it's fucking stupid, mean, and booooooring. 

The worst part is these fucking losers will Stomp a new person and then message them "Lulz I'm only lvl1) while ignoring the fact they have a +10 Somber Weapon in each hand. 

@MillionXto Drop items for people you select the item in inventory and use the "Drop Item" option. Do not, I repeate DO NOT use the "Discard item" option as this deletes the item permanently and you won't get it back.

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, iStu X said:

Who knows? It’s only a steel book and an art book. Kinda passable, imo. 

I've pretty much collected all the special editions for Xenoblade.  I don't really care much about steel books but I do care about art books and especially soundtracks.  This could be a bad omen for special editions in the future but it's only going to be bad contingent on if the scalpers sniff this out.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I've pretty much collected all the special editions for Xenoblade.  I don't really care much about steel books but I do care about art books and especially soundtracks.  This could be a bad omen for special editions in the future but it's only going to be bad contingent on if he scalpers sniff this out.

If you some how miss out I’ll do what I can to snag a copy

Edited by iStu X

https://techcrunch.com/2022/04/18/microsoft-ads-free-to-play-xbox-games/

Microsoft is reportedly creating an ad program that will allow brands to advertise in free-to-play Xbox games, according to a report from Business Insider. Sources familiar with the matter told Insider that one of the ways ads may show up in these games could be as digitally rendered billboards in car racing games. It’s not immediately known how else Microsoft plans to offer ads in free-to-play games.

“We are always looking for ways to improve the experience for players and developers but we don’t have anything further to share,” a spokesperson for Microsoft told Insider. TechCrunch reached out to Microsoft, but the company did not have any additional information to share beyond its original statement to Insider.

Insider reports that Microsoft is aware that inserting ads into games could be bothersome to users, which is why it’s taking a cautious approach to the idea and is planning to create a private marketplace where only select brands would be able to buy ad space and display ads in ways that don’t disrupt gameplay.

The sources note that Microsoft doesn’t plan on taking a cut of ad revenue and is instead focused on building out the Xbox ad network. The company reportedly intends to allow the game developer and adtech company to share the revenue from the ads. One of the sources speculated that the reason Microsoft isn’t interested in taking a cut of ad revenue is because it wants to give developers of free-to-play games more opportunities to make money.

The company is also said to be working to secure its customers’ data to prevent other companies from using it. Microsoft reportedly doesn’t have any immediate plans to allow advertisers to use data that it collects from searches on Bing and other sources for targeted ads on Xbox.

It’s not immediately known if Microsoft has pitched the program to advertisers yet, but Insider reports that the program is set to launch by the third quarter of this year. The new program could allow developers to make money from free-to-play games without having to rely on in-game paid content, such as character skins or passes. The program could also serve as a way for brands to reach younger consumers who may have been hard to target elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Edit:  By the way...this game is coming out a bit sooner than most think.  July 29th.

Edit 2:  Why would they make the special edition only available through the my nintendo store?  That's kind of annoying.

Finally got to watch the trailer. A few things.

• 7 characters in your party at once!?
  • Ouroboros is basically Potara Fusion
  • Should of known @Maxx's character would fuse with a cute girl 😉
  • 29th is grandma's birthday. Which I take PTO for. 🤔
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Finally got to watch the trailer. A few things.

• 7 characters in your party at once!?
  • Ouroboros is basically Potara Fusion
  • Should of known @Maxx's character would fuse with a cute girl 😉
  • 29th is grandma's birthday. Which I take PTO for. 🤔

I never post in this thread, so i know whenever i get tagged, it's gonna be some wild shit lol 

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

CBS are being a bunch of bitches when it comes to the Halo TV show. They've manually taken down every negative review done by Angry Joe. They've manually taken down his review of episode 4 three times. 

That's fucked up.  You can't just take down someone's review of something because it criticizes or shits on the product.  Still curious on how well or not well the series is going even though I haven't watched it but most of the stuff opinions that show up haven't been favorable.  I take a quick search and the headlines that show up are pretty whiplash. 

heh, I've heard nothing but bad news about that Halo show.  Fortunately for me, I'm not really invested in that franchise anymore....it's been quite a few years since I cared.

On the Elden Ring front... in just a few hours after the patch blocked it... apparently people have already figured a work-around for the "out of map" rune farm technique 😆

I never used it though... and that seems like unnecessary effort from what I see anyway... I stick with the Varre quest method....fortunately they left that in (and I'd agree with people saying it appears to be an intended rune-farm spot, actually.... a Grace right next to a big pack of passive enemies that just sit there waiting to be repeatedly killed, basically.)

ah, if only I had more energy during the week to keep playing... like right now I have stuff I want to do in the game but I'm probably a few minutes away from Dreamland already.  Currently in my character's "training arc", a new lightning-centric build is coming together, sure to be stronger than ever...there's certain items I need to track down to make it as good as possible, of course.  I also found out recently that Holy Resistance is a huge boon for the final boss.

45 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I also found out recently that Holy Resistance is a huge boon for the final boss.

Yea there is a Haligdrake +2 Talisman in Mohgs Palace. It's in that blood pool area you can see from the farming spots Grace Point. Combine that Talisman with the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talidman and you'll actually take normal damage for both phases of the final boss. Pretty nice. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

CBS are being a bunch of bitches when it comes to the Halo TV show. They've manually taken down every negative review done by Angry Joe. They've manually taken down his review of episode 4 three times. 

That's the kind of shit that would make me stop watching a show even if I liked it. Never seen the Halo show. Have no interest in it. If I did, this is the type of shit that would kill my interest.

22 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's the kind of shit that would make me stop watching a show even if I liked it. Never seen the Halo show. Have no interest in it. If I did, this is the type of shit that would kill my interest.

Exact. Get some thick skin and realize not everyone is going to like your adaptation. If you aren’t willing to take criticism than you don’t deserve to be supported 

Edited by iStu X

All 300 Waddle Dees rescued in Kirby and the Forgotten Land and I'm at 97% completion.

Tilt and Roll Kirby round 3 got me like.

Break Stuff No GIF

The final, final boss of the game is no joke. Even with a second health bar and power ups I still struggled.

Apparently each version of the Copy Ability weapons can be upgraded to a Star level. Toy Hammer Star is pretty OP as is the

Spoiler

Morpho Knight Sword.

4 hours ago, RegH81 said:

All 300 Waddle Dees rescued in Kirby and the Forgotten Land and I'm at 97% completion.

Tilt and Roll Kirby round 3 got me like.

Break Stuff No GIF

The final, final boss of the game is no joke. Even with a second health bar and power ups I still struggled.

Apparently each version of the Copy Ability weapons can be upgraded to a Star level. Toy Hammer Star is pretty OP as is the

Hide contents

Morpho Knight Sword.

Is the "final final boss" the one where you are collecting the souls and have to face the lion dude who morphs into a bunch of people? 

Or is there something after that?

Just curious because I played co-op with my son last weekend and we faced that boss and it was definitely harder than the rest of the bosses.  I mean he wasn't hard by any means especially after coming off 2 months of Elden Ring, but like I actually had to face him twice to beat him lol.  I didn't just whoop him on the first try.  And it was my first time ever playing the boss as I've only played the first world myself.

36 minutes ago, iStu X said:

What the fuck. Sega you were so close 

85E64674-3765-4040-9BCC-DF90E5107E1C.jpeg

I am...not 100% certain what I'm looking at.  I got slightly hype for the trailer and then you hit me with this.  So if we preorder the digital deluxe we get essentially everything and if you don't you essentially get cut out of the extra hard missions (which...we don't even know what that connotates and they aren't really giving us a reason as to why this would be something that we'd be fine skipping or actually something cool), a letter box background (....why is this...ok..), character animation in the main menu (which sounds like something that is being pretty assholish to cut out pretty much like the letterbox background), Camera controls over the main menu islands (Again...don't even know what the fuck this means at this point since the trailer did not show this but it sounds like a dick move), Character animations during the music islands (Still don't know what the fuck music islands are and then you're just cutting something out that really sounds like it should be included in the main game, and classic music pack  (Which...I can only use vague context clues and based on the history of these games and the trailer that we're getting remixed music for the games which is awesome...Would like to know who's doing it though?  That'd be great to know?  Is it Tee?  Ohtani?  Jun?  Need information on that.  And I'm willing to bet its paying for music that specifically is probably tied to MJ for Sonic 3 more than likely...best guess here) .  This shit sounds scummy as hell right now but I'm probably gonna give them money anyway especially if they tell me what I want to hear regarding the music.

13 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

They did the same with E;R's video, but he managed to get the original up again.

I had zero interests after the 1st episode, but seeing how scumbags they are with how they trying to silence people, makes me simply don't give a fuck about anything they produce from now on.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

What the fuck. Sega you were so close 

85E64674-3765-4040-9BCC-DF90E5107E1C.jpeg

I think is less/not egregious than what it seems.

You have 2 versions of the game.

The Standard and the Deluxe.

The chart shows you what includes and what not.

It can get confusing because it is also showing what the DLC will include in an obtuse manner.

1 that is free if you preorder (so preorder bonus) any of the 2 versions, and what comes from upcoming DLC that seems more on the side of what you could consider cosmetics for menus and bonus music pack, which are included on the Deluxe Edition anyway.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I think is less/not egregious than what it seems.

You have 2 versions of the game.

The Standard and the Deluxe.

The chart shows you what includes and what not.

It can get confusing because it is also showing what the DLC will include in an obtuse manner.

1 that is free if you preorder (so preorder bonus) any of the 2 versions, and what comes from upcoming DLC that seems more on the side of what you could consider cosmetics for menus and bonus music pack, which are included on the Deluxe Edition anyway.

Making something seem more complicated than it is? Now that's the Sega we know and love.

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

That's fucked up.  You can't just take down someone's review of something because it criticizes or shits on the product.  Still curious on how well or not well the series is going even though I haven't watched it but most of the stuff opinions that show up haven't been favorable.  I take a quick search and the headlines that show up are pretty whiplash. 

Is not doing good according to rumors.

Supposedly the numbers have been really bad, with the 1st episode being the one that has more views, but subsequent episodes having way less views because people tune out after the 1st one, lol.

But take those with a grain of salt, since they come from unverified sources, the only credibility from some of them is that they also reported how bad Netflix's Cowboy Bebop was doing before it was made official.

It is unlikely they cancel it even if is doing bad though, since they already committed to at least 1 more season before the series premiered.

But even before its premiere there were signs that the production wasn't going smoothly because key people from the production moved away mid production or as soon as s1 wrapped up.

So Taxman isn't helping with this since his studio is Evening Star but Head Cannon being involved id still good.  Kinda disappointed that Taxman brought the prototype for his version to Sega in 2014 and they denied it and now they're moving forward with doing a remaster of 3K without him.  Hopefully it's up to the standards he set with the other 3 games in this collection.

Edit:

Edit 2:

Powerhouse Animation demo real for those curious as to what else they had a hand in

Edited by Sonichuman