Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Story on why Dr. Dre changed his mind about appearing in GTA 5

https://www.ign.com/articles/why-dr-dre-changed-his-mind-about-appearing-in-gta-5

Forgot About GTA

Nowadays gamers speechless after what Dre had to say,
They look at each other speechless, and are just clueless
Because Dr. Dre didn't know about GTA

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Details 

Spoiler

Update: We’re making fantastic progress with our launch efforts and I wanted to update you on the
latest. We’re rolling out our new offering for PlayStation Plus a little earlier in select markets in Asia,
followed by Japan. Here is a look at our updated regional rollout schedule.

• Asia markets (excluding Japan) – targeting May 23, 2022
  • Japan – targeting June 1, 2022
  • Americas – targeting June 13, 2022
  • Europe – targeting June 22, 2022

Additionally, we’re also expanding our cloud streaming access to the following locations for a total
of 30 markets with cloud streaming access**. The following markets will also offer the Premium tier
from PlayStation Plus at launch: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Malta, Poland,
Republic of Cyprus, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia.

We’ve been working on this massive global effort to provide flexible options, quality games and
greater value for our members for quite some time now – and we’re just a few weeks away from
our first regional rollout. We want to thank our PlayStation community for the ongoing support, and
we’ll have more to share as we get closer to launch. For more information, including pricing for your
local market, please visit our website at https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/

Since launching PlayStation Plus in 2010, SIE has been at the forefront of innovation with game subscription services. We were thrilled to be the first console membership service that included a refreshed library of games through PlayStation Plus, and also launched the first console game streaming service with PlayStation Now. 

Today, we are pleased to share with you official news about changes coming to our subscription services. This June, we’re bringing together PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now in an all-new PlayStation Plus subscription service that provides more choice to customers across three membership tiers globally. 

Our focus is on providing high-quality, curated content with a diverse portfolio of games*. Below is an overview of the three membership tiers:

PlayStation Plus Essential

Benefits

• Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
    • Two monthly downloadable games
    • Exclusive discounts
    • Cloud storage for saved games
    • Online multiplayer access
  • There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.

Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.

• United States
    • $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
  • Europe
    • €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
  • United Kingdom
    • £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly 
  • Japan
    • ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra

Benefits

• Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
  • Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.

Price*

• United States
    • $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
  • Europe
    • €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
  • United Kingdom
    • £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly 
  • Japan
    • ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium**

Benefits

• Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
  • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
    • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
    • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations 
  • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.*** 
  • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.

Price*

• United States
    • $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
  • Europe
    • €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
  • United Kingdom
    • £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly 
  • Japan
    • ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
  • PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

The new Extra and Premium tiers represent a major evolution for PlayStation Plus. With these tiers, our key focus is to ensure that the hundreds of games we offer will include the best quality content that sets us apart. At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal. We’re working closely with our imaginative developers from PlayStation Studios and third-party partners to include some of the best gaming experiences available with a library that will be regularly refreshed. More details to come on the games we’ll have on our new PlayStation Plus service.  

When the new PlayStation Plus service launches, PlayStation Now will transition into the new PlayStation Plus offering and will no longer be available as a standalone service. PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.

As this is a massive launch effort, we’re rolling out the new PlayStation Plus offering in a phased regional approach. In the June timeframe, we’ll begin with an initial launch in several markets in Asia, followed by North America, Europe and the rest of the world where PlayStation Plus is offered. We aim to have most PlayStation Network territories live with our new PlayStation Plus game subscription service by the end of the first half of 2022. We also plan to expand our cloud streaming benefit to additional markets, and will provide more details at a later date.  

Building upon more than 25 years of expertise in gaming innovation, this change to our subscription services highlights our continued efforts to evolve our network services business to match our customer’s preferences. With the all-new PlayStation Plus, we’re focused on delivering a compelling game subscription service with curated content from our exclusive PlayStation Studios team and our third-party partners. The newly enhanced PlayStation Plus will enable our fans to discover and engage with more content than ever before, and deepen their connection with the PlayStation community through shared experiences. 

We’re providing an early look at our new PlayStation Plus subscription service today, and we’ll plan to share more information with you as we get closer to launch. Stay tuned. 

*Local pricing may vary by market. PlayStation Plus catalog titles may also vary by market and tier, and may change over time. PlayStation Plus is an ongoing subscription subject to a recurring subscription fee taken automatically until cancellation. Age restrictions apply.  Terms apply: play.st/psplus-usageterms 

**Current markets where PlayStation Now is available: US, Canada, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden.

***PC streaming is not available in Japan at launch and will be supported in a future update.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nowadays gamers speechless after what Dre had to say,
They look at each other speechless, and are just clueless
Because Dr. Dre didn't know about GTA

Initially it was just 'no', but that's the normal answer you get from Dre," he said. "Dre's not a gamer. He just didn't play any of the games. It's not like he dislikes them or something, he just didn't play them. He was like, 'I don't make things for kids'."

I am amused at the idea that on this day and age he didn't knew about what GTA is about, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Initially it was just 'no', but that's the normal answer you get from Dre," he said. "Dre's not a gamer. He just didn't play any of the games. It's not like he dislikes them or something, he just didn't play them. He was like, 'I don't make things for kids'."

I am amused at the idea that on this day and age he didn't knew about what GTA is about, lol.

It was my lame parody of Forgot About Dre. I just changed it into Forgot About GTA. I think I'll edit my post 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, RSG3 said:

I'm amused at how OLD he sounds. "Naw I don't make stuff for kids."  "Cartoons are for kids." Stones throw away from "Rap music is for thugs."

Haha OK Grandpa. 

Well, he is almost 60yo, right?

At least going from the comments on the article.

But at the same time, Snoop, John Carpenter and Robin Williams (RIP), are/were avid gamers.

And the old guard that made games for atari are probably older than him, 😅

Plus, all the controversies that GTA had due its nature.

That shit was everywhere, even in my 3rd world country we knew about the game making the news on USA.

And common, even ignoring all of that, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, since when robbing cards is something kids do...

... unless Dre was doing that as a kid 🤔

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

PS5s aren't coming this year, though, so that news gets the faintest "yay". I don't like the prospect of getting spoiled to hell about the game. I can't possibly dodge spoilers until whenever the hell I can get my hands on the console.

Edited by axeman61

I will always be of the opinion that the only reason we didn't have cool Superman games back in the day to now...is because all the people that worked on them before just plain sucked; they didn't have the necessary level of talent, creativity or motivation to make something truly great.  It's not the fault of the character itself that the past developers of Superman games didn't have what it takes.  A lot of fans tend to bring up how insanely overpowered he is, but we've had plenty of other games featuring ridiculously strong characters that should in theory be unbeatable (e.g.---Hulk, Alex Mercer from Prototype, who survived a nuclear explosion.... Master Chief who has also survived a nuke if I recall...and was shown to fall from orbit and live like that was no big deal, there's Dante and Vergil, Bayonetta, etc. etc. etc.)....and plenty of those turned out fine.  

https://noisypixel.net/tmnt-shredders-revenge-interview-frederic-gemus/

Shredder's Revenge interview with Frederic Gemus..

AA: Can you walk me through the combat of the game? I have to admit when I play an arcade game, I usually tap random buttons but never really know what I’m doing.

FG: There’s a basic attack button you can press and hold to charge and do a more powerful attack. There is a dodge button and a jump button. You can combine inputs to do more complex moves. For example, you can grapple by holding your directional stick toward an enemy then pressing the basic attack button. You can also press attack and jump at the same time to start an air juggle of an enemy. We also have cooperative moves the players can pull off based on the context and placement of enemies and attacks. We didn’t want these moves to be so complicated you had to synchronize them at the same exact time. If you’re attacking the same enemy from each side, you’re going to get a cooperative attack like throwing an enemy at the screen or off to the side.

We also have a special button for a special attack. Back in the day, you would trade off your health points for a special attack. It made sense, but it put more pressure on the player for making that decision. We decided to go with a meter that builds up the more enemies you attack successfully. You fill up a bar that is displayed next to your character’s health. If you are attacked while building the special meter it gets depleted, but once it’s maxed out you have it until you use it by doing a special attack. There are three special attacks You can do one from the ground, one in the air, and one while dodging backwards.

Each character has their own unique special attack. Donatello has a vortex that pulls the enemies in and deals damage. April will have this built-in camera thing you can use to damage a lot of enemies at once.

VGM Fridays!  This week was the 10th anniversary of Fire Emblem Awakening.  A game that held the franchise on its shoulders for a moment and succeeded. 

Fire Emblem Awakening celebration

Spoiler

Originals

Regular contribution

Edit:

Realized I used the same sonic track last week and so replaced it with another one I had in line.

Edited by Sonichuman

Borderlands 3 getting cross play, after it being blocked by Sony up to this point.

https://www.ign.com/articles/borderlands-3-finally-gets-cross-play-after-go-ahead-from-playstation

Edit:  Looks like Workers are coming out at Nintendo from a different angle now

complaints of contractors being treated worse than permanent workers and barely if at all giving people a chance to get a permanent position.  And complaints from the 3rd party joy con repair shop.

Dying Light 2 sold 5 mill in it's first month and Dying Light 1 has crossed 20 mill sold

https://www.ign.com/articles/dying-light-2-sold-5-million-units-in-its-first-month-dying-light-1-has-crossed-20-million-units-sold

Edited by Sonichuman

The saga continues... heh, in a roundabout way they're helping AngryJoe get even more publicity by repeatedly hitting him with the copyright claims

dis gon b gud this is gonna be good GIF

edit---got back into Dragon's Crown again, since I have the "Pro" ps4 version of the game now (on sale currently for 4.99!!).  Once again I'm trying to make the Wizard into something great since I always love being a mage... I'm making it through alright but it's a bit of a rough go...another case where I suspect the devs here were so scared of making the character be "op"...they held him back so much he just ended up being a bit worse than everyone else.  Wizard got a raw deal in this game, sadly.  I think it appears they fixed teleport at some point though...?  It seems faster than I remember, so that's good....it's actually reasonable/smart to use teleport in the heat of battle now.  Overall, this character finally seems a bit more fun to play.

heh, back when the game was new, I remember being surprised that it allowed me to name my dwarf "Rape Ape"...when I thought for sure that kind of a name would get auto-censored.  Those were good times, beating things up as "Rape Ape".  On this new one, I've only made a Fighter and Wizard.

Edited by MillionX

ah, more fun with Godfall today... that's another one where apparently my opinion differs from most people...or at least most of the gaming critics out there.  I'm still enjoying it so far... more games should have this kind of fast-action.  The only thing I hate is that it is yet another game they made online-only for no good reason.  

It would also be nice to have more of the "valor plates" (characters) available from the start, or easily unlockable soon....I also would've just put more in there as well, like how Warframe has a ton of character models to pick from... the more the better.  There's one with an insectoid design to it called "Aegishorn" that looks really cool; I mainly want to get that one asap....another one right next to it has a "moth" look to it as well... like something from a Kamen Rider show.

hahaha this last time I invaded in Elden Ring... someone in there had a character named "George Floyd"...and right when I showed up he had just died to something.  ..so right as I show up in that world the game tells me "...George Floyd has died."  Bruhhhh... it is one of those things where I'm not supposed to laugh but... 🤣

Anyway, I'm doing the Varre quest now to get into that area on "Journey 2" now.

yep, I'm there now... they apparently "updated" the bird across the way.  It's more difficult to hit him with arrows but if you zoom in, it can still be done.  The bird is worth 22,000 on journey 2 btw!!! Each of the Albaneurics are worth a bit over 4,000!  I'm level 161 so far.  The rune farming on this is insane with the boosted values...

ohhhhh the runes!  I just beat Mohg...and on journey 2 he was worth about 840k!!! 😮 

..and yeah you need every bit of the boosted numbers... going from level 168 to 169 is taking me 200k right now...

I just went through most of those points though so I'm up to level 172.... wow, 4 levels gained off that fight with Mohg.

Since I beat Elden Ring I've been looking up stuff about it.  I started my Journey 2 yesterday and wanted to try some of those wrong warp things.  I was at the final boss of the game 2 hours after I started journey 2 lol.  I wonder how the hell these people figure out these wrong warp things.  The way it's done on the latest patch is different too and requires a lot of prerequisites that weren't in there before.  Like how the hell do these guys figure this crap out lol?

13 hours ago, MillionX said:

hahaha this last time I invaded in Elden Ring... someone in there had a character named "George Floyd"...and right when I showed up he had just died to something.  ..so right as I show up in that world the game tells me "...George Floyd has died."  Bruhhhh... it is one of those things where I'm not supposed to laugh but... 🤣

My buddy made this character in Tiny Tina.

Resized_20220420_201309_20220420_181356.