Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

The series is full of dumb shit.

The covenant leader being a human girl.

Master Chief basically betraying the UNSC.

Master Chief basically being just a support character for the dumb oc girl they are pushing as the main character.

And many other shit.

Dunno who said it, but the "creatives" in hollywood use stablished franchises as vehicles for their own projects that have tried to pitch to networks beut get rejected.

Which is why they proudly said that they didn't bother with the story of the games, because they wanted to make their own shit, generic lame scifi garbage.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Master Chief basically being just a support character for the dumb oc girl they are pushing as the main character.

And many other shit.

Every spoiler I read in regard to that OC character makes me want to hate her. The bitch is jeopardizing the future of the human race because the UNSC wants to work with some asshole she's got a vendetta against. The aliens can sterilize you from space. Fuck your problems, there bigger things to worry about.  

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The Covenant having a human leader was the deal breaker. They can miss me with that bullshit. 

Wait, what!?

9 minutes ago, Lantis said:

According to some spoilers I've read, Master Chief not only revealed his face but also his ass (back nudity) 😂

I would think you were pulling my leg, but the rest of the thread says the same thing. What the fuck man!? I'm tired of talentless hacks taking existing IPs and shitting all over them. Make your own shit, oh wait, you lack the talent.

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wait, what!?

I would think you were pulling my leg, but the rest of the thread says the same thing. What the fuck man!? I'm tired of talentless hacks taking existing IPs and shitting all over them. Make your own shit, oh wait, you lack the talent.

The show is a mess, is full of generic tropes.

Like i mentioned above, those hacks use those stablished franchises as vehicles for their own ideas that they couldn't get up from the ground.

Is fucking terrible.

15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Every spoiler I read in regard to that OC character makes me want to hate her. The bitch is jeopardizing the future of the human race because the UNSC wants to work with some asshole she's got a vendetta against. The aliens can sterilize you from space. Fuck your problems, there bigger things to worry about.  

She is part of a separatist faction from humanity, that thought that the Covenant was UNSC propaganda.

She even saw the covenant murder her whole colony and was still trying to jeopardize the UNSC who were the people who saved her, because supposedly, they killed her mother, she even says that it was Master Chief.

Keep in mind, that everything points out that they were a violent faction in conflict with the rest of humanity, so is not like she was killed in cold blood, but very likely during combat.

And the reason why Master Chief betrayed the UNSC was because when she threatened to  fuck them, MC was tasked to kill her, and he decided to not do it because she told him that he was her mother's murderer.

She is also the reason why he took his helmet, since it was a gesture to make her trust him when trying to save her.

BTW, i watched the episodes on PirateBay+, no way in hell i will give them views to justify more seasons of this garbage, lol.

Edited by Hecatom

LOL.

Playing a game like Elden Ring and it being a complete game at launch from start to finish when any other AAA company would have made you pay extra for so much of the content.

Then seeing this Sonic Origins bullshit where they already have 2 DLC packs in the works and know they will charge for it and skimping the standard version of the game.

This industry is going down the shitter.

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Is the "final final boss" the one where you are collecting the souls and have to face the lion dude who morphs into a bunch of people? 

Or is there something after that?

Just curious because I played co-op with my son last weekend and we faced that boss and it was definitely harder than the rest of the bosses.  I mean he wasn't hard by any means especially after coming off 2 months of Elden Ring, but like I actually had to face him twice to beat him lol.  I didn't just whoop him on the first try.  And it was my first time ever playing the boss as I've only played the first world myself.

The final, definitely final boss is in the Z Cup tournament. And that thing does not screw around. At all. If you plan on fighting that thing, be prepared. 

I totally forgot the Min-Min amiibo is coming out. Not only that it comes out in a little over a week and I’ve missed out on preorders. I know there will be more and will be available day of but this is the first time I’ve genuinely forgot about amiibo coming out. 

Edited by iStu X

I have only watched the first episode of the Halo show.

Spoiler

I mean y'all ain't completely wrong. The Asian girl protagonist inadvertently got her whole town massacred because as the chief's daughter she broke the rules to get high. Spartans come in and clean up the Covenant, find some weird device.

It activates on upon Master Chief's touch and gives him feelings/memories from before the program, after old girl threatens to lie about the government because they asked her to make propaganda they order her iced and the Chief goes rogue when they try to take out the environmental controls to get it done.

Also family drama in the military complex that runs the Spartan program and the alien thing wasn't bad as she seemed like she was just a higher up and not there queen. 

I will watch more episodes eventually, I have Paramount Plus free for a year due to T Mobile. But probably after I rewatch the Young Indian Jones Chronicles show and the later Mission: Impossible movies. 

Ok, first of the final bosses.

I DON'T understand how the fuck the ground stomp move he does is avoidable.  This seems like it's literally a guaranteed hit unless you were LUCKY enough to just be behind the character when he started.  

1. You roll left = you get hit.
  2. You roll right = you get hit.
  3. You roll backwards =  you get hit.
  4. You roll forwards =  you're getting hit... since it is highly unlikely that your roll was enough to place you behind him, which appears to be the only safe spot....and besides, he can turn around in midair so that you're in the hazard area once again, so like the other options...this attempt to avoid damage means nothing.
  5. Shield-blocks = you get hit with this apparently.  At least so far it isn't working.  (I've gone through all the game so far without relying on shield for anything... I'm only using it here since it appears everything else is pointless.)
  6. Jump?  = No.  This would be the assumption since the energy wave thing courses across the ground....but you get hit there too.

So....all defensive measure the player can possibly take apparently mean nothing.  You just get hit regardless, and it's all the time.  There's lines I notice on the first 2 versions of the attack... if you are LUCKY and between the lines you don't get hit...but he just changes it up so you can't adjust to the pattern....and it happens so fast it's not like you can observe and think "oh, the line is there so I need to roll so I can be between that and the other line.."... no, once you see it, damage is happening immediately....and it keeps looking like there's just no "lines" in the 3rd wave of it, actually...the ENTIRETY of the ground before him is damaging on the 3rd hit, and no rolling, blocking or jumping prevents it.  

edit---oh and the range on it seems to stretch to the end of the goddamn stage, btw.  It's still hit me even when I was at the very edge, so far away that he appears like a tiny figure off in the distance, stomping the ground.  It seems there is literally no escape from this 1 attack other than pure luck from him being focused on your summon at the time.

well, I was able to hit Elden beast a whole ONE TIME on this latest run!  haha that should deserve an achievement, I guess.  The fight actually went on for quite a while, and I only got to do damage that one time.  Yeah, this is probably the hardest final battle I've ever played, seriously.  I'm not sure there's anything that comes close.

*and again... the fight was going on for like 6 or 7 minutes.... I got a chance to hit him TWICE that time.  Ridiculous. 😆

Edited by MillionX

@MillionXYou talking about the first phase of the final boss?  If so and you are just talking about where he jumps up real high and slams down and the shockwave that goes in front of him, you can definitely dodge it.  It is just misleading because it has a bit of a delay from when he lands on the ground until when you have to dodge as the shockwave traverses.  Initially I was rolling when he hit the ground but once I added in that little delay to wait until the wave comes at you, I was dodging it.

Most of the time though he was trying to attack my summon with that while I just used Taker's Flame to whoop his ass.

hellllll YEAHHHHH!  That bitch finally went down for the count!  There was so many times I lost hope... but I casted that incantation that gives huge holy resistance...and kept my distance, occasionally hitting with lightning bolts... the fight started off good with Tiche dropping good damage while I ran in for some fast dagger attacks to the side.

mad season 2 GIF by American Gods

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

CBS being extra petty. Only did they take down the 4th upload of Angry Joe's review and also put a copyright claim on the third upload taking all it's revenue. Joe has threatened to take them to court if it happens a 5th time. 

He should do it.

They are overstepping.

I wonder what E;R did to get his video put online again, because he is technically a smaller channel than AJ, so you would assume that he will get help more quickly.

yeah that should be interesting... I was somewhat interested in the Klonoa games back then since I liked the art style and character designs, but I never got around to it.  Then I noticed for some reason it was tough to find (*back when it was a new game/franchise) in stores....and that was obviously back in the good ol' days when we had a lot of options for where to buy stuff in person.

Elden--- still reflecting on the greatness of last night...

I chose the "Age of Stars" ending...that shit was cool.  Oh yeah, my character was a loyal servant to that one.

The payout for the final boss was 500k runes!  I went right into newgame+ or "Journey 2" as it's called...I saw that you can actually postpone this and go into it later, btw.  I didn't even have all the map uncovered for this character but I still went on to Journey 2.

I was worried that I wouldn't get to spend the 500k for a minute... I didn't rest at the Grace that appeared after Final Boss died...and then starting over again, I had it but forgot you don't get Grace right away at the start of the game... I managed to beat that "Grafted" boss you see right at the start, but then fell off one side where the ground gives way....but fortunately I still had the runes when my character appeared next to the tutorial cave area.  Of course, enemies are worth so much more now... I've leveled up at least 3 or 4 more times....went on to beat Margit, Tree Sentinel and Godrick on newgame+ already.

17 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Oh yeah, my character was a loyal servant to that one.

That whole quest chain is honestly one of the best ones Fromsoft has ever done. So good. 

What lvl where you when you beat it?

Edited by RSG3

It was level 153 or 154.... since I'm about 157 now, I think.... still with the Arcane/Faith character as my main one.  That last time, I couldn't believe that everything was working... mostly everything went "right"... after the first part was done, Tiche was in range for me to cast a quick Erdtree Heal to get both our health back up....then going into the 2nd part, I was able to cast that "Lord's" incantation for the boosted Holy defense....and at this point I had become used to how you dodge most of "EB"'s attacks, though I still got hit on the large rings spell one good time so I had to heal asap after that.  

It's such an edge-of-your-seat battle....everything has to go at least 99% right to even stand a chance, really.  I knew not to get too excited just yet when I saw EB's health was almost gone...since bosses in this game can easily pull some bullshit on ya at the last moment and crush your hopes....it's never over until you actually see a boss finally fall over dead....and finally it happened.  There has never been a more satisfying final boss kill, man...  words can't even do it justice.  When you finally get that win after SO many deaths, and so much re-strategizing, planning, etc.....goddamn that's the shit.  

It's definitely been a roller coaster of heated emotions.  This will forever be one of my favorites of all time by a longshot.

Update regarding the Nintendo Labor relations complaint

Nintendo pretty much said they weren't aware this person was trying to be in any labor union and we actually clapped his ass for letting go confidential information.   They said they're going to cooperate with the investigation held by the NLRB. 

Sounds to me this dude mad he got caught by the Ninjas lol.

Edited by Sonichuman

Vampire the Masquerade Swansong's "Primogen Edition"... this deal slightly irks me... it comes with the Coteries of New York game, but I'd really would have preferred Shadows of New York.  Coteries just seems less interesting to me, even though you have 3 characters to pick from instead of 1....also, between Lasombra clan (Shadow powers!  They are a clan with one of the best power setups in the lore, imo....I'm hoping they are eventually added to Blood Hunt too.) and those 3 from Coteries... oh yeah I'd pick Lasombra every time, easy.  The other main thing they added to the deal here is a "Victoria Ash" DLC (played by Jessica Chobot), so that might be interesting.

...sheeeittt, why must this month be so damn slow?  It's like April is taking some years to pass by.  This game Swansong doesn't come out until 5/18....and Blood Hunt is next week finally.... and I'm also looking forward to Evil Dead which is 5/12.

Edited by MillionX

Someone asked Aspyr if they'd ever touch the Rogue Squadron series and they said they'd love to if fan demand was there...and then the Rogue Squadron Director chimed in

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-rogue-squadron-director-wishlist-for-nintend-switch-remaster

I need to be in the timeline where Rogue Squadron makes a comeback.

Story on why Dr. Dre changed his mind about appearing in GTA 5

https://www.ign.com/articles/why-dr-dre-changed-his-mind-about-appearing-in-gta-5

Dre didn't know what GTA was and didn't want his music appearing in something intended for kids.   Dre saying he didn't know what GTA was is an understatement lol.  DJ Pooh  (co-writer for GTA online) had to bring his system and the game over to Dre's house and show what the game was about and tell him the history of GTA and then that's when he was in.

Judge dismissed a bunch of the Gender Discrimination Lawsuit against Playstation but it could still continue.

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-playstation-gender-discrimination-lawsuit

Splatoon 3 is coming Sept 9th!

Edit:  Also Splatoon 2's DLC Octo Expansion is now free to NSO expansion pass subscribers.

Edited by Sonichuman