Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Yeah I snatched it up just a bit ago.  Gonna give it a try later tonight.  Looks real fun.

Have any of you guys played Deep Rock Galactic?

I think I'm gonna get that Evil Dead game.  It looks fun and I can play with a couple of my friends that are on playstations or whatever.  Gotta see how good that crossplay is first I think.  Any of you play that?  Any crossplay play?

Sonys state of play should be starting any minute here if anyone cares. 

RE4 Remake trailer looks like a legit trailer. Looks like they are using the same guy for Leon's model as they did in RE2 Remake. 

RE8 for PSVR2.

Walking Dead had me meh. 

Horizon VR content. Wonder what Sony will release it against to kill its sales dead in their tracks. 

Edited by RSG3
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Thank God they changed the logo

Is still not that great, but is certainly an improvement XD

Is nice to get a Zui Quan user that is not a copy of Jackie chan or his master from the movie.

Not really a fan of Chun-Li look, there is something that makes it not work that well for me

Upon reading over everything I'm very optimistic about this game and it really does feel like Capcom took the feedback from 5 to heart when the came up with Drive.  It sounds like they've made thing accessible while giving a good amount of space for the ceiling for competitive play which was my main concern.  Just by putting in that FADC feature into the drive system opens it up for creativity.  The parry system makes it so that if you're a god you can on paper play any character.  Alpha counters placed in the drive system helps for defensive options.  I'm feeling pretty good about this.  Interestingly emough there isn't a 'comeback mechanic'.  The only thing now I want to know is how the combo system works for normals.  If its closer to five with barely any lights linking to higher buttons then that sucks but it'll be easiee to deal with but if it has something closer to 4's system then I'll be all aboard on the hype train.

That idea behind the game "Stray" could be interesting with other animals too... like I'd play a game where you're a rat, scavenging around for food, just trying to survive, staying clear of larger animals and traps....or games where you get to be an insect.  Mr. Mosquito from the PS2 days would be a cool remake with today's graphics....get in a house or apartment and annoy the humans there...survive as long as possible.  Or even better... a game where you are a wasp, and you're free to sting as many animals and people as you can....you get extra points or exp if a human victim happens to be allergic and has a severe reaction to your sting.

6 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Man, you gettin' me pretty hype for the Steam Deck.  I got like a thousand games to put on that fucker...most I haven't even played. 

@VirginDefiler, is that a game streaming service or just another store front like Steam or EGS?  If its streaming I wont fuck with it.

luna is a stream service just like google stadia except the netcode is actually good.

how good?

uh. i have 500gb download speed/50 gb upload speed.

very slow upload speed.

but. i get a consistent 1 frame delay on my inputs. its almost instant between my input and it registering on screen.

to give u an idea i can easily S rank any level in DMCV. last night i was playing dmc5 and i s ranked every mission till i got tired and stopped playing. and fucked up the boss fight and got a A rank from not taking the fight seriously enough.

i can royal guard anything. clash etc timing is no problem.

um. and the loading times are disgustingly fast. how fast does a stage load in dmc5 on that stream? about as fast as bayonetta loading screens on pc steam.

if u ever played bayonetta on steam, that fast.

its a very pleasant experience.

graphics are not maxed out all the way. since luna decides the settings not you. but settings are very close full max. for example in control game theres no ray tracing on luna stream. but other than that you wont notice a difference graphicswise between pc max settings with a beastly pc and the luna stream.

but everyones experience might not be the same as mine. 

i use a really old af shitty desktop. my 3rd party pc controller, and google chrome browser. i dont use the amazon luna app. which is free download. or their luna controller.

both are unnecessary. just chrome and my pc controller. thats it.  and i play.

23 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

luna is a stream service just like google stadia except the netcode is actually good.

how good?

uh. i have 500gb download speed/50 gb upload speed.

very slow upload speed.

but. i get a consistent 1 frame delay on my inputs. its almost instant between my input and it registering on screen.

to give u an idea i can easily S rank any level in DMCV. last night i was playing dmc5 and i s ranked every mission till i got tired and stopped playing. and fucked up the boss fight and got a A rank from not taking the fight seriously enough.

i can royal guard anything. clash etc timing is no problem.

um. and the loading times are disgustingly fast. how fast does a stage load in dmc5 on that stream? about as fast as bayonetta loading screens on pc steam.

if u ever played bayonetta on steam, that fast.

its a very pleasant experience.

graphics are not maxed out all the way. since luna decides the settings not you. but settings are very close full max. for example in control game theres no ray tracing on luna stream. but other than that you wont notice a difference graphicswise between pc max settings with a beastly pc and the luna stream.

but everyones experience might not be the same as mine. 

i use a really old af shitty desktop. my 3rd party pc controller, and google chrome browser. i dont use the amazon luna app. which is free download. or their luna controller.

both are unnecessary. just chrome and my pc controller. thats it.  and i play.

I actually checked it out since I do have Prime.  I tried out 3 of the games.  They all seemed fine except Lumines.  Its neat but its not something I would pay for.