Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Director of the 1st Silent Hill movies says he's working on script for 3rd movie

https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-hill-new-movie-2023

E3 2023 confirmed for next year, both online and in person

https://www.ign.com/articles/e3-will-return-in-2023-online-in-person

I mean...of course for now barring if things become an absolute shit show again but at this point I believe most don't care for either side.  You're either vaccinated or not.

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

This is for game streaming so Xbox consoles ain't quite dead yet.

I know exactly what it is.  They have been grooming this for almost a decade and are closing in on the finish line.  

They take losses with every Xbox console sold.  Why would they lose money on consoles when those same people can just play the same games on a PC or through their TV?  By the time the next gen comes along this cloud gaming platform will be more mature and they won't have any need to take a loss to get consoles into consumers hands, when all the consumers will have to do is download an app on their current TV to do the same thing.  

I'm guessing they will still have games on PC able to run locally just fine and that platform will continue, but I think the Xbox console platform is coming to an end.  

In a business sense it makes all the sense in the world for them to scrap it if/when the apps on the TVs take off.

10 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm also ...quote disappointed that this is true.

Eh. The Last of Us is arguably PlayStation’s most successful IP. So they’re going to keep porting it. I’m not surprised or disappointed by the announcement at all. 

What I’m surprised and disappointed in is the price point. $70 for a port is kinda ridiculous. Especially since it was just ported. I’ll still get it but it won’t be until it’s for significantly less or straight up bargain binned 

Honestly what they should have done is put Part 1&2 together as a PS5 remaster and sell that for $70. 

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Eh. The Last of Us is arguably PlayStation’s most successful IP. So they’re going to keep porting it. I’m not surprised or disappointed by the announcement at all. 

What I’m surprised and disappointed in is the price point. $70 for a port is kinda ridiculous. Especially since it was just ported. I’ll still get it but it won’t be until it’s for significantly less or straight up bargain binned 

Honestly what they should have done is put Part 1&2 together as a PS5 remaster and sell that for $70. 

They rerendered the game to take advantage of the PS5 so it isn't a remaster or a port.  It's a full blown remake that follows the same beats of the original with extras.

yanked from Resetera which was ripped from PS Direct

Get The Last of Us Part I Firefly Edition, only available to buy as an exclusive directly from PlayStation®.

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards and now rebuilt for PlayStation®5.

Enjoy a total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat.

The Last of Us™ Part I Firefly Edition includes the complete The Last of Us single-player story (PS5™) and celebrated prequel chapter, Left Behind; limited edition SteelBook® display case; The Last of Us: American Dreams #1 - #4 comics reprint with new cover art; and early in-game unlocks*.

Just now, Sonichuman said:

They rerendered the game to take advantage of the PS5 so it isn't a remaster or a port.  It's a full blown remake that follows the same beats of the original with extras.

I’m aware. But most people aren’t going to see it that way. And even if I appreciate the effort put into it and understand the cost of that, $70 still seems ridiculous 

I mean I paid $70 for Demon's Souls on PS5.  I had never played the OG one though or any Souls game when I did that.

That said, I have played TLOU1 when it came out.  And there is no chance in hell I'd pay $70 for it.  I probably would pay like $40 maybe $50 for it because I don't remember much about it and wouldn't mind playing it again, especially in September when there is nothing else I want.  But yeah, no way I'm paying $70 at launch for it.  I can see why they are pricing it as such though.

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m salty that Horizon is a voucher and not a disc as I have no real interest in the game. But beggars can’t be choosers.

If anyone is wanting it I’d be down to sell it and/or trade it for PSN currency or gift cards from Amazon/GameStop 

I thought that was known since it's right there on the front of the box 🙂

But seriously, that is pretty much how all bundles have been since digital games became a thing.  Makes sense from their point of view too.

15 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I thought that was known since it's right there on the front of the box

I’m not upset by it and I’m aware it’s common practice. I just wanted to trade it in instead of redeem it or sit on it. 

Edited by iStu X

So I refunded a game for the first time on Steam.  V Rising.  Game looked real cool but I think it was pretty lame.  The gameplay was boring...it felt like a weak diabro game.  The crafting sucked and the server/character issues were a pita.  I wasnt so sure if they'd refund the game since I'd played more than 2 hours but they did refund it. 

Any of you still playing Elden Ring?  A new mod 'seamless co-op' came out not long ago and I was just wondering what it does and if it actually makes the co-op any different/better?

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Guile trailer for SFVI.  has his sonic boom v skills from V in his arsenal.

Looks like we have a new Alien game coming.  Game is called Aliens Dark Decent.  brief snippet of gameplay looks like XCom.

New trailer of Dead Space remake....wait that wasn't Dead Space at all.  This was a trailer for The Callisto Protocol.  I guess the Dead Space trailer is going to come later.

Edited by Sonichuman

Currently showing a first person shooter game called Witchfire, exclusive to Epic Games store currently.

World Premiere of a new game, being deved by some games I'm not familiar with.  Looks like it's going to be a 3rd person space horror game.  Game is called Fort Solis.  Announced for Steam.  Troy Baker is a VA for a character.

Edited by Sonichuman

New game being shown, World Premiere.  Mick Gordon is doing the music for it.  So far looks like a First Person Horror game..  Where you're fighting this horrific looking robots.  Game is called Routine.  coming to Xbox and Steam.

Random The Rock sighting, Rock is in a gym.  My man just plugged his energy drink ZoA. lol.  aaaaand he just dropped a plug for Black Adam.  Alright Rock lol...are we getting a trailer or something for Fortnite?  Where are we going with this?  ....Ok so he's here to drop the trailer for Black Adam movie. lol.

moving right into Outriders, World Slayer.

Nintendo advertismenets of upcoming games for the console.  Nothing new in it save for a sprinkling of gameplay  for the games coming up.

Moving into a Fall Guys ad.

Brand new game. "Legendary" developers.  Dev is Frost Giant Studios.  Not sure what to make of this right now, Lady just put together a shield and a demon just stepped out of the shadows, Now there's a Mech?  The Mech is fighting the Demon.  Demon got blown TF up.  game is called Stormgate.  register for the 2023 beta.  I'm...still not sure what to make of this game lol.  Oh it's supposed to be an RTS?    They just mentioned that it in the interview portion afterwards.  Game will also be free to play, co op for the campaign.  Game is mad early, will be using UE5.

Indie game coming up called Highwater.  Game is coming 2022.  "What a breathtaking trailer!" lol...

Edited by Sonichuman