Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

6 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Just unlocked this dude in Rogue Legacy 2 - 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm pretty far into the game myself.  My biggest gripe about the game is that you have to keep beating higher difficulties to get souls and it gets pretty rough after you get very far into NG+

• Valkyrie, Boxer, Duelist and Astromancer are my favorites. 

IMO Astromancer is in it's own tier because they are that good.  I focused mostly on gold find and getting as much gold as possible to fill out the skill tree.  Game has pretty retarded Gold requirements and I haven't even unlocked the upper levels yet.

14 hours ago, RegH81 said:

King K Kirby Retropsective part 1

His gushing over Super Star and Kirby 64 gives me life. Also, fully agree on getting the true ending for Kirby's Dream Land 2. That was some serious BS.

EDIT: DANG, @Sonichumanaren't you a dad now? You can't keep beating us to EVERYTHING!

Dreamland 2 true ending was stupid hard ro get to but after a few years (just before guides and YouTube videos were everywhere) I completed it. I would say dreamland 3 was also tough but at least gives you a hint of sorts each stage. Dreamland 3 final boss was to me the most exciting. 

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Did anyone here ever get around to playing Triangle Strategy? How was it? @Darc_Requiemyou manage to get some time into it? I know where a big 3 Houses fan. 

Still not that far into it. Basically within the demo still, but it is fine. It is very much a old school SRPG with dueling nations, betrayals, etc. You don't have the character customization of FE 3 Houses but if you like figuring out maps and fantasy politics this is for you. 

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

LECHONK

5 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

RIP Nickelodeon

if they're deploying it to PS+ this soon after launch it's not in a good spot playerbase-wise

It was budget game.

If anything is admirable that they managed to make a somewhat decent product, given the track record of the dev and their nick games so far.

Perhaps this is a pre emptive measure before Multiversus eats their market.

Edit

Conspiracy theory.

Then there is also the fact that Sony now owning evo this could be a means to attract more players into the game in the sony consoles.

Edited by Hecatom

Oh, well I didn't know about this but it just popped up for me in recommended

I really need more action-rpg stuff in the Warhammer universe, please....  give me more stuff like that 360-era "Space Marine"...that's the real deal to me....well that was really just straight up action/shooter but ya get what I'm saying.

Edited by MillionX
34 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This game just looks "off" for various reasons.  The world is just so dead/sterile/bland with nothing going on.  Then you have the generic puzzles you see in every game.  There are hardly any sound effects while he's traversing aside from the same 3-4 sonic sounds we've heard since Genesis.  And then you have the awkwardness of him just walking around on those slow parts he walks around. 

Just seems like a tough pull to make a fast paced open world game for a character like Sonic.

19 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Did anyone here ever get around to playing Triangle Strategy? How was it? @Darc_Requiemyou manage to get some time into it? I know where a big 3 Houses fan. 

I beat the game twice and hit the level cap. I really enjoyed the game. There are 4 ending so I only have gotten half of them. I enjoyed the gameplay. If you wish to grind, the game provides a method to do so at camp. The game's difficulty, on normal, seemed fair to me. If you play with reckless abandon though, you'll pay for it. It reminds me of old school titles a way, newer games often forego unlocks in favor of DLC. The only way to unlock all the characters is to play the through all four, one is hidden routes. I have all but three of the characters. I'd planned to unlock them all but I have too many games to run through. Triangle Strategy is my game of the year so far.

Side note: Playing through all four routes doesn't guarantee unlocking all the characters. Your decisions typically matter and how you respond to those questions can play into which characters you unlock as well.

yeah, most of the Sonic fanbase never really likes anything, other than whatever old game is their Sonic of choice.  New games featuring Sonic and friends don't really have a chance, no matter what type of game it is, really.

*I might get The Ascent for Steam before the sale is over... currently it's only 15 bucks and apparently works on the Deck.  I've played it already on XB1 but that system struggles with the game, actually....which is odd, imo... it doesn't really seem like the most graphically intense game in the world from what I see.  There's a *lot* of little objects and "stuff" going on all at once at any given time so that's probably the issue, I guess.

...the Deck is also reminding me of how much I already miss the era of physical-media games being the main thing.... it's a bit of a downer that every game I get for this thing will be another situation of waiting on a download to complete.... and yes, I'm close enough to a store that I could've gone out, bought the game if it were on a cart or disc, come back and already be playing in the time it takes that damn download to finish.

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The only way to unlock all the characters is to play the through all four, one is hidden routes.

So there’s a really old PSX tactical RPG called Vanguard Bandits and it had 3 different story arcs, Kingdom, Empire and Ruin. Ruin was the last story line and it was hidden. When I figured out I had unlocked the Ruin branch BOOIIIIIII ya man popped so hard. I love that shit. 

the best part is that depending on your relationships with your party members, who survived the last mission, how you played certain missions, etc you’d unlock different endings. Some endings could be done in the first three missions and the game had new game plus so everything carried over and over and over. 

There were two endings for each branch that were considered canonical but iirc there was a lot of little “what if…?” Type endings 

1 hour ago, KimuraLOX said:

It looks like one of those Unreal engine tech demos with Sonic running on a photorealistic enviornment. Kinda eh on it.

I think perhaps they should have used his "Movie Model." I think it would clash less with the enviroments for him to have that kinda realistic-ish look he has in the movies where he has individual quils and such, cuz yea this looks Roger Rabbit to me.

Otherwise looks like it has potential to be pretty good.

Edited by RSG3
54 minutes ago, MillionX said:

yeah, most of the Sonic fanbase never really likes anything, other than whatever old game is their Sonic of choice.  New games featuring Sonic and friends don't really have a chance, no matter what type of game it is, really.

*I might get The Ascent for Steam before the sale is over... currently it's only 15 bucks and apparently works on the Deck.  I've played it already on XB1 but that system struggles with the game, actually....which is odd, imo... it doesn't really seem like the most graphically intense game in the world from what I see.  There's a *lot* of little objects and "stuff" going on all at once at any given time so that's probably the issue, I guess.

...the Deck is also reminding me of how much I already miss the era of physical-media games being the main thing.... it's a bit of a downer that every game I get for this thing will be another situation of waiting on a download to complete.... and yes, I'm close enough to a store that I could've gone out, bought the game if it were on a cart or disc, come back and already be playing in the time it takes that damn download to finish.

Hardcore fans of games are really strange some times.  This new sonic looks cool to me.  Actually get to run real fast for long periods of time and cover a lot of ground.  I may check it out.  I'll probably get it, play around for a bit then try to run off the island...take off toward the sun running on the ocean.  Freedo- and I then I hit an invisible wall or he just drowns.  hmhmhm  I'd be all grumpy after that.

The Ascent is pretty graphically intensive. 

Also, I'm just curious here, but what is your download speed like?  It takes me like 10-15 minutes to download a 70gb game. 

...gives me an excuse to post this -

5 hours ago, MillionX said:

Sonic fanbase is split. Sonic has been running for so long there's a generational divide. Got people in classic, adventure and modern camps when it comes to Sonic. The adventure fans tend to be the most negative because they feel abandoned by Sega. Sonic Team likes to pander to classic fans with games like Mania and throwing in classic Sonic whenever they can. Given how Adventure is 20 years old at this point you'll think Sega would throw these guys a bone. 

Personally I want to see a new game that makes use of Sonic's cast. The myth they made his games suck was always bullshit. We still got plenty shitty games that solely focused on him. A new Sonic Heroes, Sonic Advance 3 and Riders would be great. 

On 5/31/2022 at 6:27 PM, TheInfernoman said:

Dreamland 2 true ending was stupid hard ro get to but after a few years (just before guides and YouTube videos were everywhere) I completed it. I would say dreamland 3 was also tough but at least gives you a hint of sorts each stage. Dreamland 3 final boss was to me the most exciting. 

I didn't really play Dream Land 2 until I got Kirby's Dream Collection in 2012. I didn't really recall my time with that came until I started replaying Kirby games this year. Those memories made me not want to revisit the game. In contrast, I had more fun playing anad getting the true ending to Dream Land 3. Yeah, those memory game challengs for Heart Stars are BS without rewinds but I like alot of the other ones like freezing and killing Metroids for Samus (although in hindsight, prrrrrooooobably should let those life draining suckers live given what we know about them now) and finding R.O.B.'s parts. Also, Dream Land 3's soundtrack is a banger for sure.

Those of you that played and beat Forgotten Land, what did you think of the finale? Me?

Spoiler

Excited Truck GIF

excited pumped up GIF by WWE

ZOMG THIS  IS HYPE AF AGGHHGGFFFGHGFFF!!!!!

FlenyyC.png

3vbokQA.png

FlenyyC.png3vbokQA.png

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

So.... I got The Ascent for my Steam Deck before the sale ended.....ohhhhhhh YES it runs perfectly.  The load times are so much faster than the XB1 version is laughable to even compare the 2.  An old friend from college has the game too; one of the first things we brought up was how cool this game would be for a portable system....and here we go with that being a reality now thanks to the Deck.

Man, you gettin' me pretty hype for the Steam Deck.  I got like a thousand games to put on that fucker...most I haven't even played. 

@VirginDefiler, is that a game streaming service or just another store front like Steam or EGS?  If its streaming I wont fuck with it.

Took some video of a couple of the games Ive tried over the past several days.  The first one is some cop simulator bullshit.  It sucks.  The other is some sidescrolling button matching platformer.  Its fun.