Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Ok, so the customization is looking really good so far...

Ok that Multiversus is looking like a must-have... they have the robe and sunglasses version of Bugs Bunny!  It would be funny if they had teh "LEOPOLD!" version too

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

WTF did they do to Bernadetta's hair!? Well they didn't botch Ferdinand Von Aegir so at least there won't be a riot.

It’s a sequel to three houses. So I’m guessing time skip or whatever’s. Or just simple character tweaks. 🤷

Edited by iStu X
25 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It’s a sequel to three houses. So I’m guessing time skip or whatever’s. Or just simple character tweaks. 🤷

As far as I know, It's more like Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. It's an alternate time line. Which makes sense because somethings don't line up to Three Houses. 

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

WTF did they do to Bernadetta's hair!? Well they didn't botch Ferdinand Von Aegir so at least there won't be a riot.

I don't think that is bad, is a casual way young girls/women use their hair.

In anime/manga is usually shown either being used when the characters are relaxing or to signify that the char doesn't invest much into beauty stuff when is being used by characters outside the gyaru/kogal look, in the case of kogals and gyarus, there are fashionable hairstyles that use the hair in a similarish way.

Also one can ponder that given her personality, being shy, you could assume that she had let her bangs grow long enough to hide her face, but maybe because she is outgrowing that mindset or because she being an archer she needs to tie up her bangs.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I don't think that is bad, is a casual way young girls/women use their hair.

In anime/manga is usually shown either being used when the characters are relaxing or to signify that the char doesn't invest much into beauty stuff when is being used by characters outside the gyaru/kogal look, in the case of kogals and gyarus, there are fashionable hairstyles that use the hair in a similarish way.

Also one can ponder that given her personality, being shy, you could assume that she had let her bangs grow long enough to hide her face, but maybe because she is outgrowing that mindset or because she being an archer she needs to tie up her bangs.

It doesn't look so bad in motion. Of course her animations are on point, so that helped soften the blow. I'm not much of Musou guy. I only own Fire Emblem Warriors which fine for what it was, but I'd be lying if I said I was not excited by Three Hopes. The more I see the more interested I become.

vids

Spoiler

To add to this Nomura says that FFVII 25th anniversary news is coming next month.  Feels like it's too early for a trailer of FFVII part 2 so if we get that I'll be impressed.  I'm more so expecting that other FFVII game that's going to run through the original timeline that they announced...Can't remember the name of it though *checks*  Ahhh yeah Ever Crisis...I had completely forgotten that this was even a thing until Nomura saying something reminded me about it. 

extra

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So  The Halo tv show season finale

Hide contents

Master Cheeks dies
And is Cortana the one who taking over the armor after he dies, that "saves" the day, actually finally giving a glimpse of the Chief of the games.

Now I have to watch Angry Joe rage about it. I haven't watched the show but his reviews of it are entertaining.

44 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So  The Halo tv show season finale

Reveal hidden contents

Master Cheeks dies
And is Cortana the one who taking over the armor after he dies, that "saves" the day, actually finally giving a glimpse of the Chief of the games.

Yo... it looks pretty at least. 

annnnd here we go, folks

I'm not surprised with the Cortana thing, of course.  But nah there's absolutely no kind of agenda pushing, right?  Nahhhh that would be silly to assume such things, right?  Nah it's all just something we're making up.  Sure, ok.  Oh yeah, I'm waiting for the "...but actually..." guy to pop up.  Modern shows and movies--- it's all a joke, folks. 

Tv Show Lol GIF

Edited by MillionX

Yeeeeeeaahh...I mean the battle for the last episode was pretty good until they started really feeling forced despite the fact that the for why it had to be done was sound since they were getting their asses handed to them.  I'm pretty sure what happened is not going to be permanently based on what Chief and Cortana said but how I don't know how they'll go about reversing it.  Probably gonna have to find Halsey especially since they now have no way to activate the Mcguffin.

17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So was there even a Halo ring in this show? I've not once seen any of you mention a Halo Ring. 

Yes...the actual halo doesn't make an appearance until....either Ep 5 or Ep 6.  They're working reeeeally fucking slowly to it which I'm pretty sure they're doing because they've already locked in for a 2nd season.  Nobody has physically stepped on the Halo but Chief and Makee have seen it through their Astral selves.  We haven't really mentioned it because they've been doing just about everything else it feels like...especially Kwan.  They're going to try to redeem Kwan and make her destiny tied to Chief but she is UNLIKABLE.  Like I've said before there's something good here but the show just can't seem to get out of its own way right now.  I hope when they get to the second season and they actually set foot on to the Halo that things will become more focused.

Edit:  I've caught up with all of Angry Joe's vids save for his thoughts on the last episode and he's been pretty fair imo on his assessment of the episodes.  Most of the criticisms he has regarding the episodes and things that he likes I'm pretty much in line with mine and I was surprised by this so I'm curious to hear what he has to say on the last one.

Edited by Sonichuman

I've been playing Dragon's Crown again, usually on Vita...and with my first character, the Wizard... level 122.  I'd also rather there not be degradation of gear... or at least I would have the stuff last for much longer runs through the dungeon/action areas.  At this point I finally just went with a far more aggressive playstyle on Wizard and it seems to work better like that....but I hate that you can actually run out of those book spells.  I always played more reserved back in the day *because* your book spells have a limited # of uses. 

It's a damn shame I guess this just won't get a sequel.  It originally was released in July 2013!  Other companies probably would've had this up to at least a 3rd game in the series by now but I guess this is just a "one and done", sadly.  I definitely would've produced a sequel by now.  

Mathas is live right now with V-Rising

You know what?

Fuck the last god damn boss in the Z colloseum in Kirby.  Son and I thought we had that fucker beat and then what would you know, another phase and health bar and it's just a stupid ass cheese battle.  Reminds me of the final boss in Elden Ring in how not fun it is.  We didn't beat it either cause we didn't had already used our damn M tomato.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:07 PM, Faltimar the Dark said:

Looked cool so I checked it out on steam.  Its 1.19 right now if any of y'all wanna grab it there.  I did.  Thanks for lettin' me know about it.  Looks cool and for under 2 bucks, that's pretty good.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/598700/The_Vagrant/

I finished The Vagrant.  It has a hidden BTW. So thanks for the heads up. Only cost me $1.20 game was for worth at least ten times that much IMO. Since I'm on Soul Calibur 6 create a character kick.

Vivian

Spoiler

73a07eaeea1dec7f969b995831dc36daa40f6519

20220522111018_1.jpg

20220522014210_1.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem