Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Camacho said:

There's so much crap like that in ER.  Honestly, hindsight has me a bit down on it- maybe I'll have more fun with NG+ whenever I pick it back up.

It's only really bothered me in this fight and the Commander O'Neil Fight. Commander O'Neil only because his arena is so damn small. But once you get momentum he's pretty easy. 

Radogon just doesn't stagger at all, has huge ass AOEs that incredible damage and he does them back to back to back. He's relentlessly aggressive and covers insane ground. He can change direction in mid air. Like dude has homing AOEs fhckin what!?! Lol. 

Oh giving him a teleport that hurts you is an asshole move lol. 

Edited by RSG3
27 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The biggest thing that annoys me with Elden Ring is how inputs work. Inputs being on a queue has fucked me royalty more times than I can count. I hate it so much

I'd agree with you of this was Demons Souls or Dark Souls but I had to get used to the cue like 15+ years ago so it doesn't bother me in Elden Ring anymore. You even kinda learn how to take advantage of it to get moves off on the earliest frames and shit. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I'd agree with you of this was Demons Souls or Dark Souls but I had to get used to the cue like 15+ years ago so it doesn't bother me in Elden Ring anymore. You even kinda learn how to take advantage of it to get moves off on the earliest frames and shit. 

I never got use to it. I'm too reactionary to use any advantages an input queue can give me. 

I've been taking it easy in the world of Kingdoms of Amalur lately; haven't been on Elden Ring in a while (*I was about midway through "journey 2", I think).  In Amalur I'm still slowly making my way through the new DLC... level 33 at this point; still 3 levels away from getting the top-rank destiny(class) unlocked for Sorcery.  I'm wondering already how the chaos weapons will balance against the rest of the game... or if they are *only* designed around knocking out the layer of "chaos" magic before you get to the enemies' real health.  

My gaming time lately has been split between this, Dragon's Crown and the Vampire games; Shadows of New York and now Swansong.  Unfortunately there's quite a few visual bugs that people are pointing out recently in Swansong.  I've already encountered a couple of them just from playing the first mission.  It would've been so cool if the 2 visual novels were produced like this though.  The art in Shadows is great but I'd really prefer a more typical game experience that shows animated characters moving around. 

Anyway, I look forward to being one hell of a ruthless son of a bitch in this game, any chance I get.  Any "bad guy" moments----oh yeah I'm going for it.  I'm already wondering if I could make one of the 3 ultimately take over as the new Prince of the city.  I will gladly backstab that bitch with no hesitation.  I've noticed this is a regular thing with me; I always enjoy playing the snake in the grass that cannot be trusted. 

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

While most of the talk and eyes have been on the Sonic 2 movie there has been another VG movie that has done really well for itself

I still want to see this movie actually but I think I'll probably wait until it's out on Bluray and pick it up.

It's been out on bluray for a couple weeks now.  

I was a huge hater on the casting of this movie but I really enjoyed it and thought both Tom Holland and Marky Mark pulled off their characters very well.  The casting for Chloe was also fantastic.  It's just a fun popcorn flick with video game tie ins.  The extras on the bluray are pretty cool too.  Tom Holland is a huge fan of the franchise.

My brother watched this the other day and he also enjoyed it.  He had no clue that it had a video game tie in as he is not a gamer and has no clue what Uncharted the game is.

33 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's been out on bluray for a couple weeks now.  

I was a huge hater on the casting of this movie but I really enjoyed it and thought both Tom Holland and Marky Mark pulled off their characters very well.  The casting for Chloe was also fantastic.  It's just a fun popcorn flick with video game tie ins.  The extras on the bluray are pretty cool too.  Tom Holland is a huge fan of the franchise.

My brother watched this the other day and he also enjoyed it.  He had no clue that it had a video game tie in as he is not a gamer and has no clue what Uncharted the game is.

Didnt know it was out already.  Will have to scoop with my next check.

Finished "Marvel's  Guardians of the Galaxy " 

Story - I was quite impressed. The game surprised me that that it fleshed out all of the main characters story. The beats around loss hit me a bit harder than I expected, especially towards the end of the game. 

Gameplay - It's solid, but after you pretty much master the tactical options between the team, you pretty much have it covered. While it was fun, I don't see myself playing through it again. 

I can honestly see why the game got such high praise and certainly worthy of your time. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Metal Gear Rising Revengence has been seeing a bit of resurgence lately in people playing the game since the games release 10 years ago and funnily enough it's due to the memes

There's been a lot of videos and memes popping up involving this game from the past few months.  It's interesting seeing this game's interest resurge like this and it's even more crazy how even though Kojima wasn't as heavily involved with this game, the subject matter has  still managed to be relevant to this day and even managed to call out stuff in American culture before it would even happen.  Pretty sure Kojima used the same crystal ball that Simpsons used to have.

memes/vids in question that have been contributing to this.

Spoiler

From MaxOr's Incorrect Summary of MGR Part 1 and Part 2.  Senator Armstrong is actually voiced by Gianni Matragrano in this and he also has been contributing with his VO shitposts that hey posts on his channel

^Gianni actually accepting the request above

^ similar concept to the first one except Jetstream interrupts...funny enough there's been a Vergil version of this floating around recently.  Apparently Armstrong, Jetstream and Vergil take issue with you looking at cringe/lewd stuff.

I noticed that MGR stuff lately.  One of the discords I look at it mostly younger folk and several of them have been playing it and making jokes (memes) about it for the last couple months or so.  Took a mental note of the increased conversations and pictures posted of it cause it was odd to me that these younger folk were playing it.

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Glad Revengeance is getting love, that game was so fun back in the day, and I loved the story and characters. Armstrong was the GOAT villain. Wouldn't mind a remaster, but considering how these companies have habitually fucked those up, best not to do that 

I just want one so I can play it on my PS5. There are only three games that I need an update for in order to throw away my PS3:

• Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance
  • Transformers: War for Cybertron
  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron