Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I think k the characters are turning into the Summons. Kinda looks like the MC might be Ifrit. 

Ah, OK. What's throwing me off I guess is the two life bars for both characters. Wasn't sure what to make of it but your explanation makes sense, my cousin said something similar 

34 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I think k the characters are turning into the Summons. Kinda looks like the MC might be Ifrit. 

Yeah, is the same thing I got from the trailer

That some key characters on the game become the Summons.

BTW, another vibe I am getting is that this FF will be more like Ogre Battle, in terms of the setting.

10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yooo, alot of those designs are FIRE. They did my boy justice, much better than his last shitty redesign in 5

Spoiler

My man JP got impeccable drip. The breast pocket watch chain, the cane and the gators? Undeniable swag. 

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

BTW, another vibe I am getting is that this FF will be more like Ogre Battle, in terms of the setting

Yea I was thinking of Ivalice, but Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre is also a very good fit. 

Almost seems like a low fantasy version of FF...then combat started lol. 

Edited by RSG3
Just now, DangerousJ said:

I havent been keeping with SF4/5 so in terms of what Stu posted...

Hide contents

Row 1- Ryu, Ken, Gief

Row 2 - Cammy, Deejay, Rashid, Juri

row 3 - ?, ?, ?, ?

Row 4 - Rashid, Juri, ?, Akuma

Spoiler

Row three are all knew fighters. The dude in between Juri and Akuma is Ed. He is from SFV. 

3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I havent been keeping with SF4/5 so in terms of what Stu posted...

Hide contents

Row 1- Ryu, Ken, Gief

Row 2 - Cammy, Deejay, Rashid, Juri

row 3 - ?, ?, ?, ?

Row 4 - Rashid, Juri, ?, Akuma

Row 3 are new characters for the game.

Kimberly which was mentioned in the leaks, the same for A.K.I., which is a poison user like F.A.N.G. , also leaked some time ago and the mexican girl, that was also mentioned on the leaks

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Row 3 are new characters for the game.

Kimberly which was mentioned in the leaks, the same for A.K.I., which is a poison user like F.A.N.G. , also leaked some time ago and the mexican girl, that was also mentioned on the leaks

Apparently the Mexican girl is either the niece or daughter of T. Hawk

7 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I actually checked it out since I do have Prime.  I tried out 3 of the games.  They all seemed fine except Lumines.  Its neat but its not something I would pay for.

luna is free if u got prime now since official release. it use to cost 6.99 monthly when it was in beta but now its free.

So... "The Ascent" did appear to freeze on Steam Deck when I got to that big area after the first boss and took the elevator... but I restarted and it continued from there; so far things are fine past that point; I left off with my character wandering around the first city area.  At least to me this game is the real Cyberpunk game of choice at the moment.  The luxury of a game being playable anywhere is so great---just last night I was playing this game for a while laying in bed, with the computer just playing a youtube vid/show in the background.  I was also playing it in the hallway earlier.  This is so much better than your gaming experience being cemented to any 1 particular spot, imo.  I might be going to get an oil change/general car servicing in the next few days... and yeah I'll have the Deck (and/or the Switch) with me, of course.

...it would be great if a Shadowrun game was made to play like this pure (Diablo) action-rpg gameplay style.  I'd buy it immediately; there's remakes out now or soon with Shadowrun but of course it's the same ol' turn-based tactical stuff, which as you know just isn't my jam and never will be.  A Diablo-style game with Vampire the Masquerade IP would be an immediate must-buy as well.  That would turn a lot of VTM purists off, I'm sure ...but I'd be on for day 1 with that. 

...too many games; I've slowed down the spending just because I already have such a crazy amount of games I haven't finished yet.

I started Souldiers last night, my impression so far:

1.  Beautifully animated game, I had the same issue as some other posters about the game capping at 72 frames per second.  I found an easy fix on the forums and wes able to get a buttery smooth and consistent 120 frames per second (Steam version).

2. I made it to the first boss and it was pretty impressive so far.  I didn't notice any major glitches or issues yet which is pretty nice for a day one launch.

Edited by J-ride
32 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

SF3 characters seem to be shafted too in this game.

I want Necro back. I mained Ken for over a decade in 3S but then I really Danger Roomed with Necro and absolutely feel in love with  how he plays. 

Denjin-Ryu was always my back-up main but now it’s Dudley. There’s few things more satisfying in 3rd Strike than landing that counter hit st. hk into EX Machine Gun Blow. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

SF3 characters seem to be shafted too in this game. Would've much rather had Necro than Blanka and Dhalsim again. 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I want Necro back. I mained Ken for over a decade in 3S but then I really Danger Roomed with Necro and absolutely feel in love with  how he plays.

I also want to see Necro return. He is one of the better freak characters.

15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I also want to see Necro return. He is one of the better freak characters.

Like Dudley there’s so many satisfying things you can do with Necro that other characters can’t even compare to. 

Everytime I’ve landed shotgun elbow x6 in the corner it’s been a euphoric experience.

Edited by iStu X
46 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Does anyone miss Sodom or Sean and want them on sf6?

Sodom is great cause his entire thing is he’s one of THOSE weebs. 😂

I never mained him in any game but I know he was either mid or an absolute monster in the  Alpha series. 

In Alpha 1 I used Guy cause I’m a shit bag

in Alpha 2 I used Ken and Zangief

Alpha 3 I used V-Cody and C-Gen

Edited by iStu X