Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

16 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I love SF4, but lost interest in 5. I'm hoping 6 draws me back in, too. It'd be fun to play with y'all and talk theory and have character threads and shit here.

I disliked 4 even more then 5 personally. 5 have some mechanical issues like Crush Counters being the worst part of hit priority fromn3 but on crack. 

4 on the other hand had terrible game feel imo. The characters moved felt terrible, from walking, dashing, and even jumping it all felt terrible imo. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

4 on the other hand had terrible game feel imo. The characters moved felt terrible, from walking, dashing, and even jumping it all felt terrible imo. 

I'm the opposite, lol. SF4 brought me back into fighting games and I loved the mechanics and physics. But I hadn't really played fighting games since SF2. I'm solidly an 09er, even though I turn 42 in *looks at watch* 37 minutes 😂

Here's to hoping 6 gets it right!

Free on EGS - https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/wolfenstein-the-new-order

here is this too...fun game - metroidvania type game that J-ride is talkin' about

I also played this Warhammer game demo.  Its pretty cool and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it when it drops.  Another game that's perfect for the steam deck...oh I'm lookin' forward to gettin' that thing...

I still never played SF5 and I'll probably never play 6.  I just dont have the...hmmmm...the motivation to learn any fighting game.  I dont really like online play and I dont have anyone to play with local and I wont compete in tournaments or anything anymore.   meh  But the characters look pretty cool in 6 and its flashy and cool looking. 

10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I disliked 4 even more then 5 personally. 5 have some mechanical issues like Crush Counters being the worst part of hit priority fromn3 but on crack. 

SFIV is the only mainline game in the series I just can't play anymore. I appreciate it for what did for the industry but I hate how that game plays. To top it off, it ruined the reputation of one my favorite SF3 characters Elena. All because some dumb ass at Capcom thought making Healing an Ultra instead of a Super.

Lol I'm probably the only guy on here that enjoyed SF4, I used to have a blast. Probably my favorite cast after 5, and they packed the game with hella unlockable content. 

I even learned how to play with Balrog (Boxer) and Zangief which was never a thing for me prior to that game. I mean, you'd all wash me but I've never been good with 360 or charge characters, but it made controlling them a breeze😂

But yea, Capcom put alot of love into that game, and you could tell, warts and all I couldn't get enough of it . 

Edited by HD-Man
18 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Lol I'm probably the only guy on here that enjoyed SF4, I used to have a blast. Probably my favorite cast after 5, and they packed the game with hella unlockable content. 

I even learned how to play with Balrog (Boxer) and Zangief which was never a thing for me prior to that game. I mean, you'd all wash me but I've never been good with 360 or charge characters, but it made controlling them a breeze😂

But yea, Capcom put alot of love into that game, and you could tell, warts and all I couldn't get enough of it . 

I like how SF4 series worked mechanically  and I prefer how it felt in comparison to 5.  The only thing that I didn't like about 4 series was the vortex setup shit that some characters had access to where you could just completely turn your brain off. 

Ok, so Doom Eternal was on sale recently on Steam for 13 bucks...oh yeahhhh I had to get it... especially since it shows up with the green checkmark on the Deck... holy SHIT folks:

To have this game portable....and looking this damn good is insane.

edit---ugh, it hurts my soul to see this dude passing up SO many glory-kills...they get dazed and he just shoots them.. ....c'mon, bruh...😞 

Edited by MillionX

Oh yeah, if they exclude Rufus forever then right away it's slightly better just based on that.  Going forward, Capcom should pretend that character never existed. 

It's also good to see they decided to go "against the grain" of certain current trends and they still made Chun Li sexy. (oh no! What ever will the super-woke chumps do about something so problematic!!? Oh no! 🤣

Also, Sagat and Dudley should be in there at some point....but I haven't actually been that much into fighters in a while.

I just played some Doom Eternal Horde mode on the Deck....sheeeeitttttt, man... SO much awesome shit just happened; I'm just sitting here reflecting on the intense craziness that was going on...in glorious, incredible detail.... yet portable.  I'm not even sure the videos can do it justice... it has to be seen to be believed, folks.

...and still, the great tragedy is that Hexen has not received the "Doom 2016 remake" treatment 😞 

I was never into GT, since i prefer more arcade like games, but listening how stupid GT's "mtx"  have become is idiotic. 

Is the same stupid shit that Microsoft tried to pull with Forza some years ago. 

I hope it crash and burn, since is the only way they learn. 

Oh yeah, today is the anniversary of VAMPYR...  it was 4 years ago today.

Oh yeah, I'll most likely get it on the Steam Deck as well.

man, if only I had a time machine to go back to that point, when I was experiencing this game for the first time, after waiting so long on it... that cool starting sequence, the surprising major character that shows up about midway through the story... and the fact that this game gave me what no other "vampire game" has done before it, imo... that situation of carrying on with the charade of still being a human, when in reality you are the monster. (*Well, Skyrim does this to some degree... Vampyr focuses on it though; to most citizens you are still just "Dr. Jonathan Reid" at the local hospital, and they have no idea what you've become.)  That first time playing this... I was a mix of good and evil... exercising some level of restraint in who I fed on.  I still remember the first one was that first feeding opportunity; the low-level criminal you meet by the water; I think his name was Clay.  There's so much I loved about this game.  It gave me so much of what I've always wanted in a vampire game.

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, MillionX said:

...and still, the great tragedy is that Hexen has not received the "Doom 2016 remake" treatment 😞 

Agreed, although given how many first person games (especially fantasy ones) MS now has under it's label, it will take someone with major clout to get one made. It would make sense as a chaser in-between COD/Doom/etc but game development usually will prioritize the money which Hexen/Heretic is not guaranteed.

15 hours ago, MillionX said:

Amid Evil is the closest new release and is an awesome game.  But IMO it's more of a modern day Heretic than Hexen.  I will never forget the absolute fuckery of that game and it's multiple level switches.  I remember that game taking me an entire summer to finally complete.  I am hype for the DLC to finally drop.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/673130/AMID_EVIL/

21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Is Nintendo doing a thing this month? They need to show Metroid Prime 4.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

If they are it likely won’t be announced until next week. I don’t know tbh. Nintendo is Nintendo. 

When I was listening to Jeff Grubb and Mike Minotti’s Last of the Nintendogs podcast they said a mid-June direct is likely to happen. However, they also mentioned they wouldn’t be surprised if they just sprinkled all the planned announcements throughout the next few months through social media and YouTube. Or even hold off until after Xenoblade Chronicles 3 comes out. 

Capcom confirms that SF6 takes place after SF3

(When I saw Ryu wearing the kasaya in the debut trailer I didn’t even think of Goken. Oro also wears one albeit significantly different.

Also at the end of Oro’s ending in 3rd Strike it’s shown he’s training Ryu. So I figured it was Ryu honoring the training from Oro. Goken tribute makes way more sense though) 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:
the update that everyone was wishing for and the game should have been pushed back for so it could be there day juan is finally here

Better late than never. Glad they were able to finally be able to do this. They also posted a list of the voice actors.

IMG_5434.png

With a couple of exceptions, they were able to get their Original VAs or someone who has voiced them before.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Also at the end of Oro’s ending in 3rd Strike it’s shown he’s training Ryu.

This is a popular misconception. In his ending, both Oro and Ryu were training separately without knowing the other was even there. This was carried over in the SFV version of the ending with it stating that neither was aware of each other.

Spoiler

7Ywlv5j.jpg

NvLSKb7.jpg