Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

53 minutes ago, mykka said:

There is no denying Daigo is  a great player.

However, he fears SF 6 will be too defensive ? He even said SF 5 was too defensive in a former video while it's pretty much universally agreed upon that SF5 is offensive as hell, to the point where v-reversals are actually used more often in an offensive way  ( keep the other dude in the corner etc ) .  Some people just wanna keep the other player crouch blocking 90 seconds of the round....

Some of  his takes are wack.

Edited by Skort
25 minutes ago, Skort said:

He even said SF 5 was too defensive in a former video while it's pretty much universally agreed upon that SF5 is offensive as hell,

To be fair, the way he articulated that point was that at high-level play, initiating an offensive push is way too risky.

It's more like "Neutral is too ass in this game" and less "Offense sucks in this game". 

Edited by Volt
50 minutes ago, mykka said:

I think Makoto, Sean and Ibuki will be DLC.

Not sure they'll bring back the twins or Elena.

Hope Elena is in, she rep Capoeira, plus we don't have many chars from Africa (her and Menat)

Would like Ibuki too, game needs classic ninja

Guess Makoto people suffered enough

Twins can stay out for a while, base cast is already filled with chinese kung fu chars (Chun, Jamie, AKI) and one more will likely join (Li Fen) and i take Fei Long's return over twins any day

Other from SF3

Dudley would be my very first pick of all SF3 chars, cast need proper boxing rep and Dudley is the best

Alex is iconic and deserve a slot

Hugo is my favourite SF giant, fuck T.Hawk and Abigail

Urien is ever cool addition, Gill can stay in the shadows doing plans and shit

In conclusion

From SF3 i need: Dudley, Elena, Hugo, Ibuki, Urien, Alex... in this order. Get Makoto too would be nice gesture.

Edited by CESTUS III

From the SF 3 cast i think Ibuki has the highest chance to make it into the game by far, despite people asking for Makoto for 5 + years. Ibuki's visual design just sells better.

When it comes to big grapplers, the SF 6 trailer we saw Hugo a lot, and i would not mind him returning but maybe it's time for Haggar to make it into a SF game, it's long overdue. People saying he is just a Gief clone, imo it means nothing, characters get gameplay redesigns all the time and he can easily be added.

At this point with SF6 we will know what really the current team is up to and prioritize.

This is the right time you can gauge them and the future sequels that would be under there management

Always keep on mind the corporate $$$ trumps any dislike and also corporate pride & priority trumps $$$

And also recent claims can change because of $$$ like even if they said they won't do that, It might change later because of $$$.

Remember Final Fight characters wasn't supposed to be in SFV in the initial interviews.

1.) There is no benefit on continue with dismissing Sean as a playable fighter

- SF4 made all SF3 characters close to SFA characters as for the age while in SFV Sean is purposely separated and made preteen. lol

2.) If they will put Rollback Netcode

3.) In what form an edge lord archetype they would bring?

-Violent Ken?

-Evil Ryu Again

-Kage

-Or another different version of reinvented character that will be a SNH manifestation(just like Kage). Something equivalent to Night Terror to Nightmare in SC.

-Made it a costume

-Made it a mode

-Ignore it

Depending on how they choose on this one you will clearly see how this will handle future version of that archetype.

4.) Character Deaths?

5.) The role and status quo of iconic SF3 protagonist in SF6

6.) The line up of their SF3 DLC

7.) Main antagonist

- Necali was almost the Akuma filler roles of SFV but they bring back Akuma in S1 as the first DLC because of the negative publicity of SFV vanila 

- G was almost the supposed main antagonist of SFV

8.) Guest Characters

- Guest Characters Internal

- Guest Characters External

So far what we can confirm

1) They are into simplified controls - they even named it "modern"

2) They are willing to re-design and change things from the traditional logo and iconic designs of the character

3) They are good will using spectacle 

4) They are less into cartoony 

5) No goofiness like Ono

6) They had majority of WW as the initial roster opposite of SFV

7) No SF3 and Alpha rep in initial roster opposite of SFV

8 Diverse Nationality Rep 

9) Willing to move forward timeline

10) Open World AKA SF playstation home

11) Promising Hubs

12) Focus Attack 2.0 and Parry 2.0

13) No comeback mechanics

22 minutes ago, Skort said:

From the SF 3 cast i think Ibuki has the highest chance to make it into the game by far, despite people asking for Makoto for 5 + years. Ibuki's visual design just sells better.

Well, as somebody that would like see Abel return to rep Sambo in SF, i already waited same 5 years and i already accepted his chances in SF6 are super low now that we know Marisa (italian MMA woman) and Menon (FRENCH judoka girl) are a thing

Makoto people can stay quiet, at some point waifu will arrive no doubt

26 minutes ago, Skort said:

When it comes to big grapplers, the SF 6 trailer we saw Hugo a lot, and i would not mind him returning but maybe it's time for Haggar to make it into a SF game, it's long overdue. People saying he is just a Gief clone, imo it means nothing, characters get gameplay redesigns all the time and he can easily be added.

Thing is i would not overlap Hugo and Haggar because "big grapplers"... Haggar indeed is redundant next to Gief (different or not, as archetype i mean), but Hugo as GIANT character is a thing on his own... only SF character i would say overlap/should make less likely Hugo is if Abigail jump in first

But seriously fuck that, i take Hugo as Andre the Giant tribute, better design, better moveset over Abigail any day of the week

Would say from SF3 Haggar have more "character competition" in Alex than from Hugo tbh... they're similar in size, strenght, speed, american pro wrestlers

25 minutes ago, Volt said:

He could be repping FF/Metro City, but apparently, Gief just HAS to be in as a WW despite literally half the cast coming from SF2.

Kermit_Tea.gif

He does, Gief is the truth

Dude is siberian wrestler who Karelin slam bears on their head, plus have super iconic design, and he's ever been the russian of SF

By comparision Haggar is one more american guy and have a stache

I mean, by the time we got some DLC seasons i would REALLY like for once see Cody, Guy and Haggar in same game... spent lot of coins as kid playing FF

But any time i see people hint to cut Gief to make room, i'm like "yeah, Haggar should stay the fuck out for 3 more chapters" 🤣

45 minutes ago, Skort said:

39 minutes ago, Volt said:

He could be repping FF/Metro City, but apparently, Gief just HAS to be in as a WW despite literally half the cast coming from SF2.

For someone that seen and played many iteration of Haggar in many games.

Obviously Haggar is not a Zangief clone as many assumed, That kind of assumption is clearly judged on paper. His more like the Ralph of Clark in KOF

The two even played differently and Haggar is more versatile. His more of a Mahvel Colossus at some point if were talking about game plan. 

That is the same people that always assume that Ken is the best substitute to Ryu  in modern games, but the truth is Ken is not the better substitute to Ryu among the shoto clone. Evil Ryu and Akuma is. And Haggar is far from being played like Zangief at any means other than they have similar naming 2 moves. lmao

Gotta admit the one feature that i think i will turn off the moment i boot up the game is the real time commentator thing,seems annoying as hell. Since they probably have sound recording based on what you do.

With the drive meter at the start that means you can do super right at the start of the game if you chose to.

Can you imagine  James Chen  at the start of the round if you blow all your super bar ? 

WILL IT KILL ? ?????????????????

james-chen-street-fighter-and-fgc-commen

....umh, no dude it won't,he has full life at the start xD

Edited by Skort
24 minutes ago, Skort said:

With the drive meter at the start that means you can do super right at the start of the game if you chose to.

Well, I might be wrong, but I think the Drive Bar and Super Meter are different. The Drive Bar is there at the start of the round, and you can do EX moves with it, but not supers. Unless they stated otherwise, I think the super meter will still build up over the match.

25 minutes ago, Skort said:

Gotta admit the one feature that i think i will turn off the moment i boot up the game is the real time commentator thing,seems annoying as hell. Since they probably have sound recording based on what you do.

Sounds interesting. Liven up a match more. More flair is always nice. Let's get some character dialogue with that too.

47 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I really could do without Ibuki for a change. There's always only five people who play her but these five people are the most annoying to go up against.

I’m fine with Ibuki being skipped after 3 straight games but if we are omitting characters because they aren’t played a lot the only characters we should be asking for are shotos and WW’s.

11 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Well, I might be wrong, but I think the Drive Bar and Super Meter are different. The Drive Bar is there at the start of the round, and you can do EX moves with it, but not supers. Unless they stated otherwise, I think the super meter will still build up over the match.

I think you are correct, i just read up on system drive versions and there is no mention of  super / critical / ultra where you just dump a bunch of damage on the opponent.

23 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m fine with Ibuki being skipped after 3 straight games but if we are omitting characters because they aren’t played a lot the only characters we should be asking for are shotos and WW’s.

Judging by the character usage results, she's played more than several SF2 characters

57 minutes ago, Skort said:

Can you imagine  James Chen  at the start of the round if you blow all your super bar ? 

WILL IT KILL ? ?????????????????

james-chen-street-fighter-and-fgc-commen

....umh, no dude it won't,he has full life at the start xD

... To be fair, that would be a very James Chen thing to do.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It doesn't we have to have the world warrior characters take up slots even if no one plays them for "reasons."

I dont think they care for these lists at all. They brought back Rashid and he's bottom 4, and they brought back Dee Jay, who was ranked pretty low in the character poll list from a few years ago (several WW too but we'll ignore those).

1 minute ago, mykka said:

I dont think they care for these lists at all. They brought back Rashid and he's bottom 4, and they brought back Dee Jay, who was ranked pretty low in the character poll list from a few years ago (several WW too but we'll ignore those).

When choosing characters for SF5 they picked Birdie even though he was in the bottom 5 of the popularity poll. 

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

For someone that seen and played many iteration of Haggar in many games.

Obviously Haggar is not a Zangief clone as many assumed, That kind of assumption is clearly judged on paper. His more like the Ralph of Clark in KOF

The two even played differently and Haggar is more versatile. His more of a Mahvel Colossus at some point if were talking about game plan. 

That is the same people that always assume that Ken is the best substitute to Ryu  in modern games, but the truth is Ken is not the better substitute to Ryu among the shoto clone. Evil Ryu and Akuma is. And Haggar is far from being played like Zangief at any means other than they have similar naming 2 moves. lmao

Tbh, I meant replace in the sense of big dude with command grabs.

Gief could be in a later DLC season. Frontloading the cast with SF2 characters will ultimately prove to be a bad decision because now they gotta add a chunk of SF3/FF/Alpha characters exclusively via DLC and still have room for newcomers/SFV/SF4 chars.

Clearly the biggest mistake they did so far, and this is a game that has parries.

10 minutes ago, mykka said:

I don't even think the new guys even cared on the character poll or diversity of game representative

It's more on what they can used on their own vision of an SF game, and what can fit their desired narrative and thematic purposes.  I do believe SF3 characters like Alex could return in that reason, while they likely scrapped Abel for good and they might make a new luchador character if they didn't decide to return fuerte. 

My only missed on speculating this game initial roster before is that it had a lot of WW in the initial roster, which is a surprise to me. I was hopping it to be more like Garou MW. Which it is even in the settings, I'm just waiting on how the narrative would be.

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 minutes ago, Volt said:

Tbh, I meant replace in the sense of big dude with command grabs.

Gief could be in a later DLC season. Frontloading the cast with SF2 characters will ultimately prove to be a bad decision because now they gotta add a chunk of SF3/FF/Alpha characters exclusively via DLC and still have room for newcomers/SFV/SF4 chars.

Clearly the biggest mistake they did so far, and this is a game that has parries.

Yeah Gief is a flexible character he has no attachment unlike Necro, Alex, Ed, Chun li and Nash. So his always welcome as a DLC character

And the settings being Metro City means it's best way to introduce Haggar in the initial roster as someone who had main concern of the place.

5 minutes ago, mykka said:

Who are only arab guy and only black guy so far, variety play a role specially on start base cast, and SF6 seems to have put extra care on variety aside the spam of women with newcomers

Popularity really start to jump in during DLC seasons, when capcom try to guess how to mix characters the cast need for variety with characters that will make them money

Not so random popular figures like Sagat or Sakura or bunch of waifus did'nt made it either

Careful planned that SF3 talibans are being tortured with thirst too, they will show up with hands full of money when the DLC day comes

10 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

My only missed on speculating this game initial roster before is that it had a lot of WW in the initial roster, which is a surprise to me. I was hopping it to be more like Garou MW. Which it is even in the settings, I'm just waiting on how the narrative would be

They already did that with the SF3 series, and by all metrics that was a failure.

Yes, it was a combination of factors, that lead to that, but not having a recognizable cast at the start was one that Capcom has always identified as an important point of focus.

They are not willing to make the same mistake, specially after 3 botched launches for their last major fg projects.

This game is clearly [over]correcting in a lot of areas that the previous projects failed.

Presentation, single player content, game mechanics, etc, etc.

Just now, Hecatom said:

They already did that with the SF3 series, and by all metrics that was a failure.

Yes, it was a combination of factors, that lead to that, but not having a recognizable cast at the start was one that Capcom has always identified as an important point of focus.

And looking back your right because your the one that quoted me into that speculation in my previous post

When I was thinking that it would be more new comers and less OG, but it turned out a bunch of World warriors haha

They are sure playing safe with the casting while being playful with the design.

10 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

And looking back your right because your the one that quoted me into that speculation in my previous post

When I was thinking that it would be more new comers and less OG, but it turned out a bunch of World warriors haha

They are sure playing safe with the casting while being playful with the design.

Is more easy to redesign old characters than create new ones, both visually and in gameplay.

Plus, it opens the opportunity to sell classic costumes.

4 hours ago, Skort said:

I just wish people stopped saying this game is realistic. It's nothing of the sorts, it's incredibly stylized but the graphical fidelity is much higher than previous games so they call it "realistic".

SFVI is realistic in the same way FF7 remake is realistic.

It really ain't. It's a blend of stylization with high level of detail, and the high level of detail makes people think the game is "realistic", but that's really not how real people look like.