Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Like I was saying if they make DI cost more meter then it gets prohibitive to respond against it with your own DI which imo isnt good, because thats the highest return counter to it.

So I didn’t play the beta and I haven’t followed it as closely as others here, so take anything I say regarding SF6 with all the grains of salt.

The quoted portion is a bit of a mild red flag (let’s call it yellow) to me. DI being strong is cool, but the best to counter it also being DI makes it sound like SF6 matches will just DI back and forth and the RPS in neutral will be all about dealing with this one tool.

But like I said I haven’t played it. Im glad to be wrong. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

SF6 ost got bangers. I question that man musical taste

Sure, but so far I would say it is the worst numbered entry in the series in terms of music. Not to say that it is bad, just worse compared to pretty much all its predecessors.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Man, I need to take a break from FGs for a bit.

Is everything okay?

16 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

So I didn’t play the beta and I haven’t followed it as closely as others here, so take anything I say regarding SF6 with all the grains of salt.

The quoted portion is a bit of a mild red flag (let’s call it yellow) to me. DI being strong is cool, but the best to counter it also being DI makes it sound like SF6 matches will just DI back and forth and the RPS in neutral will be all about dealing with this one tool.

So the thing is, its annoying right now bc low level players throw it out brainlessly hoping to collect a big ch combo, and if you arent looking for it/arent thinking about DI counterplay and just running neutral/pressure/blocking in the corner you get sniped by it and it feels like shit. But when we get to the point that people are looking for it and reacting to it, which some already were by the end of the beta, why would a good player throw it out randomly when they might get fucked with a big easy combo for what is basically a reaction check?

what im trying to say is, we saw a lot of DI because for a lot of players in the beta it was a low-risk and high return way to beat people in neutral or running pressure

but because you can actually get fucked for it in a consistently high damage way, better players will prefer more safe options to play neutral and interact up-close. if im right about it (i hope im right about it lol) itll end up being relegated to a risky but highly rewarding slowish mixup that is best used when you have them in the corner/in burnout. we will see people use it as a hail mary but they would be gambling with a really slow commital option if so

Edited by Shahenzan
18 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

You gotta understand that the reason why we were seeing it thrown around so much is because it's the flagship mechanic, it's easy to use and if you didn't have enough time to understand how drive rush extensions work or how to play your character, you have this easy mode damage dealer that requires no complex foot work. At mid to top level people are gonna have counters to DI making it risky to throw it out there just to do it. 

One thing I noticed is that back dashing in this game feels worse than in SFV. I was playing Kim who by and large should be the character with the most braindead speed and even then it felt like backdashing wasn't viable. 

Also in the music front. I think it's okay to say as it currently stands SF6's music is hit or miss. V was also littered with some misses but it still had the Capcomy-ish game feel. That being said I still like some of the songs I heard and I almost never love the full OST to any piece of media.

Edited by TWINBLADES
Someone has fused me and Shahenzan's mind. I think this is the work of Psycho Power.
32 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Sure, but so far I would say it is the worst numbered entry in the series in terms of music. Not to say that it is bad, just worse compared to pretty much all its predecessors.

Hard disagree. Personally I think SF4 had the worst music. Many of it's tracks and remixes were utterly bland and forgettable. Slap some EDM on this track and call it day type of crap. I wasn't feeling it. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Hard disagree. Personally I think SF4 had the worst music. Many of it's tracks and remixes were utterly bland and forgettable. Slap some EDM on this track and call it day type of crap. I wasn't feeling it. 

Honestly the only SF4 track I remember is Juri's. It was really good and it was original. The rest of the soundtrack was just forgettable remixes of songs that had already been remixed ten times over.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

SF4's music was not 100% my taste either but it left an lasting impression and stood out in its boldness. The original Indestructible theme is extremely memorable to anyone who lived that era, and as far as stage music there are so many great ones that blur the lines between EDM and classic SF themes.

Small Airfrield Africa, Snowy Rail Yard, Morning Mist Bay, Overpass Tokyo, and Crumbling Laboratory are honestly better than anything on SF6's OST so far. Most of the other stuff is forgettable including character themes - except Juri.

1 minute ago, Daemos said:

SF4's music was not 100% my taste either but it left an lasting impression and stood out in its boldness. The original Indestructible theme is extremely memorable to anyone who lived that era, and as far as stage music there are so many great ones that blur the lines between EDM and classic SF themes.

Small Airfrield Africa, Snowy Rail Yard, Morning Mist Bay, Overpass Tokyo, and Crumbling Laboratory are honestly better than anything on SF6's OST so far. Most of the other stuff is forgettable including character themes - except Juri.

Other than Indestructible none of the stages you just mentioned rang any bells. Old Temple is like the only one I can remember. Legit the only stage BGM that wasn't ass.  

I liked Viper's theme in IV quite a bit.

IV and V had some gems but tbh remixing the same themes over and over got kind of boring. My one hope with a new SF game was that they'd actually try to create some new themes for their characters and honestly I couldn't be happier. It's definitely a lot different from the past games, and there are a couple themes in 6 I don't really vibe with, but overall I think SF6's soundtrack is sick. 

Edited by Jocelot

I really like the menu music in SF6. I'm a sucker for any tunes that creates a chill vibe and the menus do that. It felt like the music I regularly listen to on YouTube lo-fi channels.

The character themes are great too. Viator may not fit Ryu as a character but it fits the aesthetic of the game and I love me some funk. Chun theme is the only one I wasn't really feeling.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

and also the logo choice of typeface still bugs me. it felt it wasn't street fighter for the first time.

Edited by Shakunetsu

Yeah I’m watching gameplay clips now and one thing I’ll say is that I’m not interested in anyone I’ve seen so far. Gun to my head and forced to pick one I’d go with Kimberly because she’s cool, but even she is really not what I’m looking for function wise. 

16 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I don't really see myself reacting to Drive Impacts, like, ever, i'm so free to reaction checks.   I think whatever SF6 function I go for is going to be dictated by who doesn't have to play that game. 😞 

I'm really not feeling Juri this time around either, and honest men Ryu and Guile are DI-food.   idk who to play yet.  

Just pick Marisa and hyper armor through everyone's DI

26 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I don't really see myself reacting to Drive Impacts, like, ever, i'm so free to reaction checks.   I think whatever SF6 function I go for is going to be dictated by who doesn't have to play that game. 😞 

Totally agree that I want to play someone who can blow that up easy. 

On the one hand DI definitely is slow enough to have counterplay. On the other hand, “ItS rEaCtAbLe” is a phrase that gets on my nerves because people say it like it automatically means a move is fair because they can tag it 10/10 in the lab. 

I’m just really hoping DI doesn’t turn into a SF4 focus attack situation. DI seems like focus on steroids and yet everyone seems ok with it. 

22 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m just really hoping DI doesn’t turn into a SF4 focus attack situation.

The really dumbshit with focus attacks got fixed somewhat early on. So far it looks like DI is kind of like charged dust in Guilty Gear. Won't really know how good or bad a move that flashes 8 different colors to warn you its coming will be until I play against it though.

Just now, Sonero said:

The really dumbshit with focus attacks got fixed somewhat early on. So far it looks like DI is kind of like charged dust in Guilty Gear. Won't really know how good or bad a move that flashes 8 different colors to warn you its coming will be until I play against it though.

It's giving me Reversal Edge vibes which made me drop SC6 immediately. Other than that everything looks good, the main issue I have is that even if you block it you get stunned depending where you are. That's just silly IMO.  

9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

It's giving me Reversal Edge vibes which made me drop SC6 immediately. Other than that everything looks good, the main issue I have is that even if you block it you get stunned depending where you are. That's just silly IMO.  

Think its supposed to be sort of similarish to SFEX guard breaks...maybe...?

I don't know, its hard to say how reactable or not they are without playing it. But even in Strive I'm hitting people with charged dusts and those are 28 frames. We'll see. They need them to be somewhat cheap so you can use them for stunning people in burn out. After that its just a math problem.