Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

BTW, I have to say that I find funny how Capcom decided to copy the great lobby system that ASW started, all while ASW decided to not use it for their flagship franchise for some stupid reason, lmao.

Also, this is mostly on me for not reading the mechanics before the beta and just learning it as it goes, but I like how the Parry works more like the shield on the French Bread games, although a more easier version to use do being an all catch parry instead of worrying about high and lows.

Edit

Another thing, I don't know if is just me, but I could swear that there are times that the game eats my inputs.

Dunno if any other one has felt the same thing.

Is not often, but there are instances that I am almost sure it is what is happening when I am trying to do a super mid combo for example.

Edited by Hecatom
14 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

That's what it was like early on in SFV.  Two hits blocked, crossup.  Rinse and repeat.  

BTW, I heard someone paid $3,800 for a beta code 🤣

With parry being a core mechanic of the game it's not a strategy long for this world. Then again, it seems most people are using drive for EX and drive impacts. Most haven't figured out rush and I doubt anyone knows alpha counter is in the game

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

With parry being a core mechanic of the game it's not a strategy long for this world. Then again, it seems most people are using drive for EX and drive impacts. Most haven't figured out rush and I doubt anyone knows alpha counter is in the game

First two weeks I'm going to do nothing but alpha counters just to fuck with people.  

26 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I'm just catching up on everything after working all day, but it sure seems like this beta is...shockingly functional given how ambitiously packed with features this game is trying to be.

I can't wait to play this goddamn game.

It finally reached a functional state. When it went live the servers had connection issues. They still happen on occasion

@The Slick Tony

Edited by Hawkingbird
15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm mad that I keep getting blown up by drive impacts. I know they can be beaten with parry and throws but I still get wrecked when someone just throws it out.

Nah man im with you

Feel like every other option has some kind of sensible trade off, parry isn't great at stopping offense unless it's perfect, perfect parry is hard to do, alpha counter unsafe on block

Drive impact though i can't react to and it gets big returns on CH and close (not even all that close sometimes lol) to the wall. Doesn't demand any timing. There are plenty of answers that make it risky like jumping over it, throwing it, doing fast multi hit moves, and it does just hang out there for a long ass time if it whiffs.. so it is probably just a skill issue on my part but right now they feel obnoxious. 

Edited by Shahenzan
41 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

How do you guys feel about the throw tech in 6?

It pushes players s far away from each other it almost looks like a glitched interaction

As someone who can't tech for shit I like it. There's a slight delay that makes it easy to tech. I managed to be somewhat consistent with it.

22 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdSounds like Manon may be the character for us fam. Based off those voice clips. Although I didn't care at all for Abel in SFIV so not a guarantee.

I've been eyeing her and Marisa as my potential main. I need grabs and a big body. If Lily ends up being a t hawk replacement I might put her in the rotation too.

13 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Finally, Friday night.  Kids are fed, wife is quiet, sure would be a good time to play a new videogame. 

sigh. 

I feel this. The one Saturday I have totally free for like a month in either direction…few errands to run, house to myself, nobody asking me to do shit, and I’m here playing Civ 5 like a bum 😭

Edited by Vhozite
On 10/8/2022 at 8:54 AM, Dragonfave723 said:

Really interesting stuff. Go check them out. 🧐

Okay to absolutely no one's surprise, Marisa has a lot of super armor. That's good to know. Also...

"Explosive fighting style"

Ertq5JvUcAAh5CW?format=jpg&name=240x240

"Goddess of the hunt"

"They're about to get a BIG KNOCKOUT KISS"

"Those boots are made in Italy"

"LOADS UP THE JAVELINE AND BLASTS 'EM WITH THE GOOD STUFF"

Oh yeah. I need to see some gameplay NOW.

Edited by Jocelot