Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

11 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

ps5 version of SF6 has a resolution/fps toggle

we are almost 2 years into the system, i thought we would be past this.

spacer.png

I can only hope its between like 4k 60 and 1440p 120fps or something. 4k 60 should be the minimum on ps5.

Wait for PS6. We aren't moving past this this gen. Also I'm starting to see top players and influencers are getting codes now....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by TWINBLADES
41 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

spacer.png

I can only hope its between like 4k 60 and 1440p 120fps or something. 4k 60 should be the minimum on ps5.

And this game is getting a PS4 version!? It's going to probably look like the Switch version of MK11 if this is any indicator.

27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

This is what I get for modding SRK all those years: my mother's death insulted and no SF6 code.

1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpeg

Sad reacts only, lads.

😭

Death of a mother? Hm. It's depressing to think about, but mine was the only good family member for me growing up. I still miss her 16 years later after her death. I can't replace someone like that and I'm sure you feel the same way about your own. I suppose metaphorically speaking as someone who is non-religious, I've always felt that somewhat unconventionally and intuitively that they are always with us in our hearts, as we are still a part of them, even if they are no longer physically here.

31 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Death of a mother? Hm. It's depressing to think about, but mine was the only good family member for me growing up.

I've moved way past it now. bunch of goofy nonsense happened to where this is how we all ended up here.

You figured I'd get some sort of fun sexual harassment or something. Didn't even get mailed a hat!

3 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

snip

So I would've had to jerk off in front of a camera too?

Cost for SF6 is too high!

5 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

spacer.png

We will never get past this.

Consoles are for plebs and most plebs are ok with 30fps.  They are also attracted to pretty graphics.  It doesn't help that console devs use resolution as a marketing salespoint. 

Console devs will ALWAYS prioritize visuals/resolution over smooth/high framerates -- doesn't matter how good the hardware gets. 

By the time 4k 60 is the norm (and it's not even the norm on high-end PCs yet), we will be onto 8k -- and those games will likely still run below 60fps.

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

We will never get past this.

Consoles are for plebs and most plebs are ok with 30fps.  They are also attracted to pretty graphics.  It doesn't help that console devs use resolution as a marketing salespoint. 

Console devs will ALWAYS prioritize visuals/resolution over smooth/high framerates -- doesn't matter how good the hardware gets. 

By the time 4k 60 is the norm (and it's not even the norm on high-end PCs yet), we will be onto 8k -- and those games will likely still run below 60fps.

This sounds mad racist I’m not gonna lie 

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

This sounds mad racist I’m not gonna lie 

???

The vast majority of console buyers are the type of person who buys like 2 or 3 games a year.  They have no idea about anything other than "4k is good, look at those graphics".  The type of person who buys a 4k television because they heard it's good -- but doesn't even know what 4k is.  I don't think it's wrong to call em plebs.

The vast majority of console marketing is designed for people like that.  PS4 Pro was touted as a '4k console' but almost every game on it ran at a much lower resolution and was upscaled -- all so they could claim games ran at 4k.  Xbox One X was similar.

Even PS4 games running on PS5 cannot always handle native 4k/60.  To expect the vast majority of console games to prioritize high framerate at the expense of prettier graphics is just not going to happen.  Why try to please the (relatively) small group of people who care about framerate when most people just want to see flashy stuff all over their screen? 

10 minutes ago, misterBee said:

???

The vast majority of console buyers are the type of person who buys like 2 or 3 games a year.  They have no idea about anything other than "4k is good, look at those graphics".  The type of person who buys a 4k television because they heard it's good -- but doesn't even know what 4k is.

I don't think it's wrong to call em plebs.

z3k.gif

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

That's untrue, there are certain genres where developer push for 60fps because they benefit significantly from high framerate. I mean, we're in a fighting game forum, can you even think off the top off your head of a fighting game on console that doesn't run at 60fps? Maybe some Switch ports of game that were initially developed for more potent hardware, but natively coded games always run at 60. As do a lot of non-open world racing games. And multiplayer shooters. And Nintendo platformers. And so on.

The big difference between console an PC in this instance is that the developer has to make the choice about which framerate you have to play with for you. But that does not imply they always choose 30fps.

@misterBeetook my shit post seriously. I’ve failed 😞 

@EvilCanadiandamn I might have to sub to support my boy!

@Pair of Rooksmy nigga Hecatom getting in made me sit down. It should have been you not him!

@EdmundI wish we all ended up making it in. It’s funny because all of the SFV betas were open. We had like 4 or 5 betas for that game. Funny how it didn’t fix shit for that game lmao 

Honestly from what I’m hearing a fuck ton of people didn’t make it. That’s actually crazy lol 

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

@misterBeetook my shit post seriously. I’ve failed 😞

I take all of you seriously all the time.  I have no idea what some of you guys are thinking sometimes.  🙂

...except @Sonero.  I have no respect for flat-earthers.  🌎

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

That's untrue, there are certain genres where developer push for 60fps because they benefit significantly from high framerate. I mean, we're in a fighting game forum, can you even think off the top off your head of a fighting game on console that doesn't run at 60fps? Maybe some Switch ports of game that were initially developed for more potent hardware, but natively coded games always run at 60. As do a lot of non-open world racing games. And multiplayer shooters. And Nintendo platformers. And so on.

The big difference between console an PC in this instance is that the developer has to make the choice about which framerate you have to play with for you. But that does not imply they always choose 30fps.

Most fighting games and some shooters (notably COD) aim for 60, but plenty of other games don't.

A lot of third person action games and big budget titles aren't a locked 60.  Instead of just lowering the graphics a little to hit 60 all the time they instead spend the horsepower on making the graphics as pretty as possible.

God of War, Spider-man, Uncharted, Horizon, Last of Us, Killzone, FF7:R, Bloodborne, and Driveclub all ran at 30fps.  These were Playstation exclusives and the developers were some of the best on Sony hardware.  They could have made fantastic 60fps games if they wanted to, but they didn't -- it's clear where the priority is.  I myself prefer 60fps games but I was able to enjoy all of those games on launch at 30fps. For most people 30fps is simply good enough and graphics sell consoles.

It's still a transitional phase right now and a lot of PS4 titles are finally running at 60fps on the new hardware.  Cross-gen titles also run very well.  I suspect this will go away though once everyone is on the newer hardware and devs need to squeeze nicer and nicer graphics out of the platform as it ages. 

53 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I take all of you seriously all the time.  I have no idea what some of you guys are thinking sometimes.  🙂

...except @Sonero.  I have no respect for flat-earthers.  🌎

Most fighting games and some shooters (notably COD) aim for 60, but plenty of other games don't.

A lot of third person action games and big budget titles aren't a locked 60.  Instead of just lowering the graphics a little to hit 60 all the time they instead spend the horsepower on making the graphics as pretty as possible.

God of War, Spider-man, Uncharted, Horizon, Last of Us, Killzone, FF7:R, Bloodborne, and Driveclub all ran at 30fps.  These were Playstation exclusives and the developers were some of the best on Sony hardware.  They could have made fantastic 60fps games if they wanted to, but they didn't -- it's clear where the priority is.  I myself prefer 60fps games but I was able to enjoy all of those games on launch at 30fps. For most people 30fps is simply good enough and graphics sell consoles.

It's still a transitional phase right now and a lot of PS4 titles are finally running at 60fps on the new hardware.  Cross-gen titles also run very well.  I suspect this will go away though once everyone is on the newer hardware and devs need to squeeze nicer and nicer graphics out of the platform as it ages. 

I used to be ok with 30 fps until I started using an LG Oled TV. Even the 40 fps modes give me a headache. It's unbearable when the camera turns. It's gotta be 60 fps or bust. Or better still, 60/120 fps uncapped framerates with VRR. 

6 hours ago, Edmund said:

Capcom should have just made it an open beta but restrict the number of players at any one time to prevent this shit. Do it MMO style and add a queue. At least in this way, everyone gets to play and they prevent this scalper shit we're seeing right now. 

Even though I didn't get in. I don't agree. I'm sure they'll be at least one Open Beta before launch. A Closed Beta gives a more controlled environment to work out the kinks before stressing their servers with the load of an Open Beta. We've seen games launch and have their servers crumble under the player count, there is no way a game's first beta would fair better.

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

Wait. If SF6 can run (poorly) on PS4... Is there hope for me? Can I actually try and be the very best even at 480p?

Cena_IN.gif

Street Fighter 6 minimum requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 
  • GPU: GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 580 
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Disk space: 25GB
  • DirectX 12

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/street-fighter-6-pc-system-requirements-have-been-revealed-aRnB94l2SLFE

59 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Street Fighter 6 minimum requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 
  • GPU: GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 580 
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Disk space: 25GB
  • DirectX 12

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/street-fighter-6-pc-system-requirements-have-been-revealed-aRnB94l2SLFE

Ahh sorry I'm still a mongoloid. How to I check my own PC specs against this info again? I'm kinda nervous now 😬

47 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Did anyone here besides Monkey get a code? I sure as fuck didn’t, but I also forgot this was happening until like 2 days ago. 

For a while more of us had got codes that didn't. Doctrine Dark, Twin, and Hecatom got them off the top of my head. Heck, Evil Canadian didn't get one initially. I was too busy wallowing in my own misery to take note of everyone that got one.

Edit: @Jocelot The CPUs and GPUs listed in the minimum PC specs are over 5 years old. The Intel CPU listed is a 7th Gen. Their 13th Gen is launching shortly. The AMD CPU is the first generation of Ryzen. They've just launched it's 5th revision. I didn't post the recommended specs but the CPU and GPUs for the recommended specs launched over 3 years ago. The requirements aren't bad IMO.

Edit2: Randomly thought of a hook for the Stan parody we got going on.

My hype for Street Fighter 6, has come and gone

No beta code in my inbox, so I can't play at all

And even DSP can play and he'll just bitch and moan

If LTG gets one, I'll be so mad, I'll be so mad

🙃 😑😔😭

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

Ahh sorry I'm still a mongoloid. How to I check my own PC specs against this info again? I'm kinda nervous now 😬

Hey Jocelot!

1) Click Windows Start button

2) Scroll down and click on Settings.

3) Click on the System Tab under Settings and scroll down till you go to the "About" tab. Should be able to see it.

One of my good friend's pc is a little under-specced. His GPU is above the requirement but his CPU is a little under. I hope it won't be any issue. 

@Darc_RequiemYeah I guess it's really important for them to test things under a closed environment. But aaaaah I can't contain my excitement anymore. 🤣
By the way I remember you were writing a book about 3 years back about the time I left here. I hope everything went well!! 

Edited by Edmund
2 hours ago, Volt said:

Wait. If SF6 can run (poorly) on PS4... Is there hope for me? Can I actually try and be the very best even at 480p?

Cena_IN.gif

Does Cena still wrestles? So amusing that he went from an entertainer with little to no rhythm or direction, to Vanilla Ice comparing PS2 to Atari, and then to a Nickelodeon persona icon for the children. I just find that such an interesting time line for him. XD

1 hour ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Does Cena still wrestles? So amusing that he went from an entertainer with little to no rhythm or direction, to Vanilla Ice comparing PS2 to Atari, and then to a Nickelodeon persona icon for the children. I just find that such an interesting time line for him. XD

Supposedly he still does but I don’t know anyone who has seen it 😎

Edited by Vhozite
2 hours ago, Edmund said:

Omg is BigTochiro still around?? He's the guy that goes around liking people's posts right? Has he ever said hi? Lol!! 

I remember randomly running into Bigtochiro during a ranked session some yrs back.

I always wondered if he knew it was me. His Ryu made me earn my wins. That shyt was difficult. 

Since I never ran into him again, I'm guessing he lives in the west coast or further. After the Seth/netcode update, they stopped matching us east coast players with west coast players. It'll be nice to play the west coast homies again in SF6.