Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Very important, technical gameplay-related question for the beta guys.

Is there a boob slider in the character creator?

And if so, how big does the booba get?

Thank you in advance for answering my important technical question over gameplay-related matters.

Thanks for asking the real questions, someone please @ me when they're answered. 👍

Speaking of netcode, is it true that some pros were doing US to Japan matches? Did Capcom hire Altimor?

Edit: Saw the numerous videos on character creation, I may be the SF6 version of @Volt, never playing the game except I'll just hanging out in the character creator instead crusading against Blanka 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

FefENbQXgBso9jm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I blinked and then I was right in Diamond.

I'mma say this.

There's no feeling like learning a brand new fighting game and having fun with it.

I'm not even doing any labbing. Just raw gameplay. I love it. The W's and the L's. 

FefE8-DXgBgIdQx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FefE9f9XgAAWvn4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FefE-DAXgBApVvI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Battle Hub is so damn awesome. Reminds me of Playstation Home from the PS3 days.

Everyone is just chilling. I love it.

First picture no load. ☹️

I like how the battle hub is a mix of normal dudes and gym mutants and nothing in between.

I like how even the individual character themes have dynamic changes like the stage themes do. The themes start kinda low tempo at round start, then the main bridge seems to kick in during the course of the match and then kinda hits crescendo (I dunno music terms) when a character reaches low life. I think that's really cool, reminds me of how Killer Instnct did it.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Luke’s going to call everyone of these monsters I’ve seen photogenic.

They should had looked how newer Wrestling Games and Soul Calibur handle that possibility of weirdly deformed proportion on character creation

I'm sure the devs never knew thought some will go too much of that extent until an oddly phallic shape character started walking around.  if they revisit character creation in later SF future games they probably more tamed in proportion modification

This is also why color edit mode with extensive customization will never return even some are demanding it. 

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

How do you like the game so far?

How does it compare to SF5?

I'm really enjoying it. The pace of the matches are nice.

I think I just have to get more used to the Drive gauge. I haven't made the most of it. I don't parry as much, nor have I used Drive Impact in situations nearly as much as I should.

One of the main differences I immediately noticed between SFV and SF6 was the comeback factor. You have to actually make them in this game. V-Trigger cancels alone often changed the trajectory of an entire round no matter how it was going beforehand. There's nothing like that here. 

So far the game feels good, but there are shit that I already know I am not liking.

A) The animations make at times difficult to read if you connected or if it is just recoil, this of course can be mitigated as I get accostumed to the characters.

The problem is that I can see it being a problem with every new character they introduce, or with characters that are not played that much.

B) This is a day 1 thing maybe, but man, is funny how it is becoming like SF4 where everyone is always spamming jabs all the time.

I guess that this will be less of a problem as I learn to use more effectively the defensive options, but as it is now, It reminds me of shit that I didn't like from SF4 already 🤣

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

I haven't encountered much jabbers. The constant crossups for pressure is the most persistent SF4 tactic I've seen used.

Lucky you, so far, I have encountered quite a few, usually Kens, some Ryus, and also some Guiles.

53 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

One of the main differences I immediately noticed between SFV and SF6 was the comeback factor. You have to actually make them in this game. V-Trigger cancels alone often changed the trajectory of an entire round no matter how it was going beforehand. There's nothing like that here. 

So the game magically not going to fucking shit because of v-triggers and somebody getting a bunch of mix ups for it means it plays better already?

Oh wow, who would've thought?

🧐

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Ken, Kimberly and Jamie are the characters I've played. Haven't run into anyone else

I have only encountered a Kimberly and a Jaime so far, Kimberly is as annoying to play against (using Juri) as her personality ( is for me), lol.

Saying that, the toolkits of both of them look nice, I will probably test them during this beta, I went with Juri today (I actually started during the night as it went live) to try to get accustomed to the game mechanics.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

So the game magically not going to fucking shit because of v-triggers and somebody getting a bunch of mix ups for it means it plays better already?

🧐

Yeah. It really changes everything. That's what I was accustomed to over the past several yrs, so this is a welcome change.

Another thing I forgot to mention was how the Drive System allows characters to approach matches much differently. In SFV, most characters followed the same gameplan.

That's why you could look at certain characters and have some difficulty understanding how they're different from someone else around the same level. Most Ryu's were sweeping into V-Trigger activation whether they were in Platinum, Diamond, Ultimate Grandmaster, or Warlord. It was universal.

It's still early, but I'm liking the differentiation in player/character so far.

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I'm really enjoying it. The pace of the matches are nice.

I think I just have to get more used to the Drive gauge. I haven't made the most of it. I don't parry as much, nor have I used Drive Impact in situations nearly as much as I should.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

🧐

While the change is is welcomed, I feel that the game goes way hard on the opposite direction.

Is really easy to lose really hard because some mistakes that end blocking your access to part of your toolset

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

If I have any flaws with this game, as far as I can tell, you can only have either Japanese or English voices set. No mixing like how it was in SF4 and SF5. Always thought that was a good feature.

Actually!!! The option is in the game! If you go up options, under language there's "character specific settings". It's just grayed out during the beta. Vocal mixing is back y'all!!!!!