Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

17 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

It's actually Chernobog, which is a Slavic "black god" analogous to the devil.

That is so much cooler. 

Also apparently his other move mentioned, Triglav, is a three headed Slavic god who rides a black horse. And his Interdiction means to prohibit the usage of something. I'd actually mad intrigued by JP now wtf

Edited by Jocelot

Watching  pro players stream and I’ve seen it mention a couple times that drive impact (I think that’s the one) in neutral is very strong. I can already see myself fighting the urge to throw my controller because I’m getting spammed by it lol. 

Off this weekend, got beer and I’m not really in the mood to play anything except this beta. Which is funny because I didn’t even enter to get a code. Guess seeing everybody hyped makes me wish I could play.

Injustice 2 is free on psn right now I haven’t played a mk/nrs game since probably ps2 era. Been thinking about downloading it.

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

Its hard to even say if this is a leak. At this point it feels like Capcom's strategy is to let us find shit on purpose so people have fun with it.

If these "leaks" are intentional bread crumbs, 10/10.

It reminds me of when Tom Holland "accidentally" revealed the name of the Infinity War movie on a live stream. I guess the marketing people realized that if they let the audience feel included in the dissemination of information albeit in a gossipy way, they will do it more willingly and faster.

ok after looking into it drive impact is a little more manageable than i thought. it is reactable at 26 frames, -3 on block though spaced out. its still very obnoxious in neutral because most moves you want to poke with wont recover in time to not get tagged by it but at least when youre being pressured in the corner you can scout it out

feels a little too cost efficient at 1 bar but maybe I just need even more time to understand...

5 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

ok after looking into it drive impact is a little more manageable than i thought. it is reactable at 26 frames, -3 on block though spaced out. its still very obnoxious in neutral because most moves you want to poke with wont recover in time to not get tagged by it but at least when youre being pressured in the corner you can scout it out

feels a little too cost efficient at 1 bar but maybe I just need even more time to understand...

yeah I saw someone playing last night and apparently you can react with your own to beat their driver impact. 

And here’s a clip of go1 using drive rush to beat the armor of drive impact and get a super.

2 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Kimberly killed Guy

Lily killed THawk

Manon killed Abel

AKI killed FANG

Laura killed Makoto

Jamie killed Yun and Yang

Menat almost killed Rose

'tis a sad era indeed

Rose too strongk to be killed. Unlike those other dead weakling characters.

Listening to that audio for the Dee Jay portion, a few observations:

There's definite references to Air Slasher (his fireball), Sobat, Machine Upper and Jackknife Maximum (his flash kick), so it's safe to say those specials are returning. There's also a lot of mentions of maracas, which could be just a super attack like his Ultra 2, or maybe it's some new install where he busts those out and uses them as weapons.

What I find most interesting is several times Vicious calls out a "feint", a "fake out" and a "sway." Does Dee Jay have some kind of new dodge/feint moves to evade attacks and fake people out? It would fit him.

Vicious also says the line "overhead breaks the rhythm  and shakes things up." So does Dee Jay finally have an overhead attack? Sick.

Finally, it sounds like there's some kind of rhythm button-matching mini game built into one of his supers, Sunrise Festival. Could score extra damage on the attack, perhaps.

So is the reason Heca was seeing jab fighter 4 was because drive impact loses to multihits? 

Any iframes on backdash?

Now that I can watch some matches the explode-your-poke in a pokey game like SF seems a bit obnoxious.

But is the drive meter better spent on extending the combos off touches you got naturally?

38 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

So is the reason Heca was seeing jab fighter 4 was because drive impact loses to multihits? 

Any iframes on backdash?

Now that I can watch some matches the explode-your-poke in a pokey game like SF seems a bit obnoxious.

But is the drive meter better spent on extending the combos off touches you got naturally?

I think that is more that due the unfamiliarity people have with the game, they default to simplest strategies they can abuse.

I think that Drive Impact can tank a good chunk of hits, iirc.

21 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

So what's the counterplay?

With drive, parry is 1f startup, second DI seems to always beat it. If in burnout, throws will work, but you're probably shit out of luck is the DI is spaced properly - I see it as the reward for putting the opponent in burnout. Someone mentioned there's a "lock" state that prevents fireball traps or other unblockable setups with a DI. I think it'll become normal to react to the DI animation pretty quick, as we learned with focus attacks.

Edited by JustBooming
25 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

So what's the counterplay? Blocking gets you wall bounced if it's vaguely close, the move is used outside of throw range.

Besides the things mentioned you can also jump out of it, though obviously that comes with its own risks. But if they're spaced out for a DI thats hard to grab and you're in burnout, id gamble on jump bc they probably aren't getting a good starter if they do catch your jump at that range

No DI reaches very high but they all move the character forward to varying degrees so it might take some time to get used to figuring where youre gonna land relative to where they'll be though

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

What an awful thing to do to a classic SF2 character. Is nothing sacred anymore? These are depraved times.

A couple of Chen's lines imply that Lily is T. Hawk's daughter. I've got no issues with children wanting to take their parents place. I'm shocked that a SF2 character has a kid old enough to replace them. 

45 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

A couple of Chen's lines imply that Lily is T. Hawk's daughter. I've got no issues with children wanting to take their parents place. I'm shocked that a SF2 character has a kid old enough to replace them. 

T.Hawk was 34 when SSF2 came out. His birthday year was 1959. He was a little older than Ryu and Ken. Ryu was 35 in 3S. T.Hawk would have been 40. SF6 takes place after 3S.

57 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It has nothing to do with age. It's something Capcom learned with Seth. If a character's not popular enough or needs a big refresher despite their functions being solid and unique - give them tits.

Welp after about 24 hours and some change of playing the game I can say SF6 is definitely gonna be an amazing piece of work when people really squeeze out as much as they can from the drive system. I’ve exclusively played Kim because honestly I’m not capable of wrapping my head around every bit of nuance the drive gauge has. That being said I don’t know if Kim is the character for me. It might be all the SFV Kolin brainrot but Kims game plane doesn’t jive me with me as well as I thought it would. She’s really fun but I feel like how you get damage with her is contingent on solid hit confirms and abusing mix up gimmicks. I just need a raw damage dealer that I don’t have to think to hard with it. Hopefully Manon can do that for me. Judging by the leaks it looks like she’s got some sort gimmick levels shit as well but she’s also a grappler so that might be more fun. I’m gonna still use Kim for the rest of the beta though. Something that I oddly miss from 5 is that block string pressure. Maybe I’m insane but it was kinda satisfying having crazy + normals that you could be a asshole with and set up frame traps. It feels like every button pushes you so far out after one use or they’re all minus lmao 

I’ve seen some crazy drive rush tech and I think this is gonna be the SF that I force myself to stay in training mode. Because some of the optimizing I’m seeing is insane and I know I’m not hitting any of that shit consistently. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!! Ugly Ken is not supposed to exist in this game!!!! What the actual heck is that second picture of a carryover from SFV is that supposed to be?! Must be all the stress from everyone thinking Ken was divorced, strung out, a drug lord, tryna get the kids back, brainwashed by Dictator, and too violent for everyone. At least he doesn't have a head full of bananas.

Edited by ToreyBeans

Kimberly was a lot of fun in this beta. I just love how fast she is.

I played some of this as well:

FemKw2fWIAAxkQ_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

They rotated 3 different Arcade games since the beta started. Final Fight, Magic Sword, and Super Turbo.

The beta was great. Makes me look forward to the game even more.

Also makes me look forward to...

tumblr_ni1ekwEDC61twaj7lo1_500.gifv

I can't wait to play her in SF6.