Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

18 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

on god I hate old niggas so much it’s unreal 

I'm guessing he does not like SF 6 beta.  

Any details ? He was competitive in USF4 afaik and that game had way more dirt than 6 is shaping up to be have.  Not saying that to evaluate what game is better or not  but i'm curious what exactly is he looking for when it comes to a fighting game.

Edited by Skort

Gameplay-wise, is the fact that Drive gauge also depletes on taking damage maybe a little too punitive? 

There have been a couple of times, even at my baby-tier low level skills, that I do some sort of meter dump punish combo to an opponent and never mind that I just put them on pixel health, but now they're in Burn-out too?  Seems like a bit much to expect them to make a comeback from.

Edited by Reticently
37 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Gameplay-wise, is the fact that Drive gauge also depletes on taking damage maybe a little too punitive? 

Does it? I don't think it does.

Getting counter hit or punished depletes Drive gauge as well as health, but in the rest of the combo your drive gauge remains stationary.

I like it honestly. The Drive gauge is what SFVI is built around, and the more ways a player can influence it the better in my opinion. What I was worried about when I first heard of the system was that it was something like MK11 meter that replenished itself over time with no meter management, but the way SFVI works makes me like it a lot.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Does it? I don't think it does.

Okay, I think I see now- you're right in the general case, but it looks like getting hit with supers (at least Ken's level 2)  damages the Drive meter too, which is why I was thinking that.

So there's a strategic element apparently, where you can dump super to cause Burn-out.  I like that, though it still creates moments where it's basically game-over even if the opponent isn't technically dead yet.

Edited by Reticently
2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

on god I hate old niggas so much it’s unreal 

So I just learned that he just turned 40 in late September and he's basically six months and some change older than me. I loved playing SFV and SF6 is even more fun to me than SFV. I mean, what's really his deal?? My wife thinks he's cappin and is gonna lurk online and play as Thraxsan or some crap lol. Really the man is perpetually salty. He's been a whole mountain of Morton's ever since he broke his stick against Rico Suave (and that's ALWAYS gonna be among the funniest FGC videos ever).

So yeah, I'm 39. What are the qualifications of becoming an old neegah?? 

Edited by ToreyBeans
14 hours ago, Flackaveli said:

Loving the Drive System brehs.

My only criticism is the getting free wall bounce combo after blocking DI in the corner, that shit is nuts.

Other then that the gameplay is addicting I can't wait till the full release. 

Agreed. However the threat of free corner damage keeps you on the ready for shenanigans. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
On 12/16/2022 at 4:56 PM, Hawkingbird said:

Personally I'm against the control scheme being called "modern". It gives the impression that it's the true control method.

And that's exactly the giant problem of set it as default

From their shit marketing perspective i understand why they don't want noobs to even have to eat the humble pie, admit they suck and actively select the simpler controls

But on other side this risk to greatly cripple the push to get good and learn to play a SF game as it's supposed to be, because you will feel like it's just an optional level-up (like play games on "hard" difficulty) rather than reach normality

I say it as scrub that love character design, SF lore, play ALL characters because i don't care about become pro-level with one or two etc... but still even me find it VERY wrong

Never like when a series bend the knee to mass retardness, and imho would be bit a shame if SF6 does it while looking so strong

30 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Okay, I think I see now- you're right in the general case, but it looks like getting hit supers (at least Ken's level 2)  damages the Drive meter too, which is why I was thinking that.

So there's a strategic element apparently, where you can dump super to cause Burn-out.  I like that, though it still creates moments where it's basically game-over even if the opponent isn't technically dead yet.

I've been checking in training mode to see what causes the drive meter to deplete and what doesn't.

Regular hits from normals or specials, counter hits and attacks done with the parry-dash thing don't lower the drive gauge of the guy that's being hit.

Getting hit by Punish Counters does lower your drive gauge, and so does being hit by Supers, and at least for Ryu it goes that Level 1 takes away half of a bar of drive, Level 2 a full bar and Level 3 1 bar and a half. Getting hit by Drive Impact also removes a full drive bar from the guy that gets hit.

It's pretty elaborated actually, which is why I like it.

1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

So I just learned that he just turned 40 in late September and he's basically six months and some change older than me. I loved playing SFV and SF6 is even more fun to me than SFV. I mean, what's really his deal?? My wife thinks he's cappin and is gonna lurk online and play as Thraxsan or some crap lol. Really the man is perpetually salty. He's been a whole mountain of Morton's ever since he broke his stick against Rico Suave (and that's ALWAYS gonna be among the funniest FGC videos ever).

So yeah, I'm 39. What are the qualifications of becoming an old neegah?? 

If that EMP in his name means Empire Arcadia he's been in the past for over a decade 😂

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Looking at these videos and realising that some people will have a 8 month experience advantage with the game by the time it comes out due to cracked PC versions...

Yes, I'm gong to turn off cross-play ASAP when this comes out for the first two weeks or so.

Yeah, I've gone against some cats who look like they've been playing the game for longer than two 3-day periods.

6 minutes ago, The Slick Tony said:

Yeah, I've gone against some cats who look like they've been playing the game for longer than two 3-day periods.

Same, but I can't really say I mind any.  I'm usually walking into games where a bunch of people are already way above my skill level.

Just a couple of early impressions of the characters - Ken is simple but probably worse than Ryu, Kimberly is a blender but she does play a lot like Guy does in other games, Juri looks pretty fucking beastly in the hands of anyone who can get her game going.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Looking at these videos and realising that some people will have a 8 month experience advantage with the game by the time it comes out due to cracked PC versions...

Yes, I'm gong to turn off cross-play ASAP when this comes out for the first two weeks or so.

Punk literally got caught red handed using the offline crack on stream yesterday lmao..  

20 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Same, but I can't really say I mind any.  I'm usually walking into games where a bunch of people are already way above my skill level.

Just a couple of early impressions of the characters - Ken is simple but probably worse than Ryu, Kimberly is a blender but she does play a lot like Guy does in other games, Juri looks pretty fucking beastly in the hands of anyone who can get her game going.

I can't win against a good Kimberly. I get pushed into the corner and then I'm royally screwed 😅.

1 hour ago, The Slick Tony said:

I can't win against a good Kimberly. I get pushed into the corner and then I'm royally screwed 😅.

Her shenanigans are ultra stupid. I feel like I am reacting to BS throughout the round. 

Ken has been the only character I've tried throughout. As mentioned, he's crazy simple. His quick step is something I'm trying to get my timing around. 

https://pastebin.com/aQmTNAm8

Some information about mechanics so far.

The reward for perfect parry is quite high but also much more difficult than previous iterations. A good note so far is that the parry "stance" is one of the best ways to build meter.

I would like to see drive impact maybe use more resources going forward. Seems like one of the best options against it is drive impact itself. Having armor frame 1 seems a bit crazy but manageable.

Drive rush is very expensive (3 bars) to use off of normals but I'm sure this is to keep some things in check. Sf4 levels of fadc bs would probably not be welcome again lol.

I only had the chance to play the beta a bit on Friday (hopefully I can put in an hour or two tonight as well, but idk).

anyways, the game is rock solid from what I’ve played. Looks, sounds, and feels great. This actually feels like the next iteration of Street Fighter - like a generation leap that I did not feel in V.

I also appreciate how it’s easy enough to navigate the battle hub on stick. I was worried I was going to swapping controllers constantly.

but if I hear “a player is on a win streak!” One more time, I’m going to crack

Another thing I noticed is that when you turn negative edge on in this game it's super strong.

Unless you make sure to tap your buttons and not press them shortly and then releasing them, negative edge inputs will keep coming out. I've been using Ryu in this beta because there are no characters I'm really interested in learning in the full game, and with negative edge on half of the times I did a crMK into Hadoken Donkey Kick would come out.

Annmmmmmd that's one thing about the beta that I thought about last night... Of course the pro players were gonna get to play SF6 extensively, but when that beta got cracked we know it created an inherent disadvantage between the haves and have nots. It's good that Capcom linked the codes to the Capcom ID, too little too late at this point.

Shoot... I kinda almost don't blame @TWINBLADESfor strutting like Vinnie Mac ready to be like "YOU'RE FIRED!" from playing. We're gonna definitely have some day 1 masters due to greater access. But I guess the silver lining is that we get to see beastly combos, we can learn from that stuff, the game feels way more fun than SFV and losing doesn't cause me to go on full tilt like SFV used to do.