Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Good to see that woke censorship went out with Combofiend.

I doubt Combofiend was even near that part of the food chain where he could have had any influence on that aspect.

He was more of a gameplay systems consultant à la Seth Killian. So when they showed him Nash's dash and Chun's IAL in Season 1 he was "Yep, that's good!"

On 8/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, Hawkingbird said:

Capcom confirmed that there will be two more showcases for 6 next week as part of their Tokyo Games Show program, plus the latest build will be available on the showfloor, plus another week later Capcom UK are bringing the game to EGX 2022, also with the latest build 

I think we should get plenty of actual proper footage of Kim, Juri and Guile soon, at least from the British pros who obviously will be attending the event 

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I doubt Combofiend was even near that part of the food chain where he could have had any influence on that aspect.

He was more of a gameplay systems consultant à la Seth Killian. So when they showed him Nash's dash and Chun's IAL in Season 1 he was "Yep, that's good!"

Yeah Combofiend's pull in Capcom has been vastly overstated. If he had any pull, he wouldn't have been the one carted out to take all heat for the lack of X-Men in Infinite. He literally had nothing to do with it but till this day people paint him with that brush. 

15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah Combofiend's pull in Capcom has been vastly overstated. If he had any pull, he wouldn't have been the one carted out to take all heat for the lack of X-Men in Infinite. He literally had nothing to do with it but till this day people paint him with that brush. 

Same thing happened with Ono on the later stage and his involvement with MVCi...

5 hours ago, delete_me said:

Besides, it's kinda odd to talk about woke censorship on SFV.

Sure, they changed the camera on Cammy's intro, and tragically removed Mika's butt-slap, but have you considered that a lot of the female cast is either half-naked or deliberately playing into two or more sexual fetishes at once?

And, by the way, bless them for that!

6 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Besides, it's kinda odd to talk about woke censorship on SFV.

Sure, they changed the camera on Cammy's intro, and tragically removed Mika's butt-slap, but have you considered that a lot of the female cast is either half-naked or deliberately playing into two or more sexual fetishes at once?

And, by the way, bless them for that!

Like with a lot of visual stuff in SFV, there seemed no clear direction whatsoever with how far they wanted to push sex appeal. Mika's butt was too much, but Chun could jiggle like pudding in her battle costume. Juri did have to get that last-minute latex undersuit, but Laura got more naked with every alternate costume they released. The one clear line they had with SFV was that there wasn't a clear line, basically.

18 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I wonder if Stripe is a completely different character or just a transformation à la Zelda/Sheik.

They confirmed that when Stripe drops, he will be a completely different character than Gizmo. At the very least, it’s been leaked that Stripe is using a gun.

18 minutes ago, delete_me said:

For the record I don't like their trailers as you can't really see the moveset, but he looks cool.

The developer’s channel posted this video that shows more of Gizmo’s moves.

15 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Like with a lot of visual stuff in SFV, there seemed no clear direction whatsoever with how far they wanted to push sex appeal. Mika's butt was too much, but Chun could jiggle like pudding in her battle costume. Juri did have to get that last-minute latex undersuit, but Laura got more naked with every alternate costume they released. The one clear line they had with SFV was that there wasn't a clear line, basically.

Yeah Laura got two swimsuit costumes. Sakura's Christmas costume was anything but woke. It looked like something your girl would wear to surprise you on Christmas. 

47 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I think the line was obvious. Their decisions based on the audiences they were trying to reach (younger). SF5/CPT was appearing in all sorts of media outside the FGC for the first time. The default costumes and CA animations were going to be omnipresent in the e-sports push which . There was an effort to keep it as tasteful (at least for mainstream outlets) as possible without compromising on the fanservice. So anything unnecessarily suggestive was trimmed down or replaced. They still kept the necessarily suggestive stuff. I mean Cammy wasn't wearing pants, and Mika was still pounding people with her ass left and right. They did fine compared to other companies that completely sold out (Hi NRS!)

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah Laura got two swimsuit costumes. Sakura's Christmas costume was anything but woke. It looked like something your girl would wear to surprise you on Christmas. 

I want to think that in someway, selfcensoring Mika and Cammy was a misdirection to troll people asking for censorship, since a few days later after they did that, they revealed Laura and her Bonita costume being very prominent on her reveal, underboobs and all 🤣

170.png

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

I tried to play DNF after taking a month off and I spend 30 minutes trying to find a game. I take a look at steam charts and there were 89 concurrent players at the time I played. Holy shit how did this game die so quick?

Everyone is playing it on console.

I can jump in at anytime of the day, and find matches in less than what, 20, 30 seconds.

Edited by Hecatom
5 hours ago, delete_me said:

Look at him go!

(For the record I don't like their trailers as you can't really see the moveset, but he looks cool. I wonder if Stripe is a completely different character or just a transformation à la Zelda/Sheik.)

This trailer sucks so much ass it's actually unreal. Why haven't they just copied Smash for character trailers? These are supposed to sell you on their charm and the IP they heil from. 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I tried to play DNF after taking a month off and I spend 30 minutes trying to find a game. I take a look at steam charts and there were 89 concurrent players at the time I played. Holy shit how did this game die so quick?

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Everyone is playing it on console.

I can jump in at anytime of the day, and find matches in less than what, 20, 30 seconds.

Unfortunately we don't have console numbers but DNFD I suspect has more PS4/5 players than PC. But I've seen Sonic Sol get matches on PC fast so  I don't know if it's a regional thing. Also @Hawkingbirdmake sure your search is set to Arad instead of region specific and set your other search to player of any rank. That helps allot. 

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I want to think that in someway, selfcensoring Mika and Cammy was a misdirection to troll people asking for censorship, since a few days later after they did that, they revealed Laura and her Bonita costume being very prominent on her reveal, underboobs and all 🤣

Same shit they're doing with SF6, like Cammy with pants as default, yet we already seen the leotard is stuck in her anus more than ever as soon you switch to alt costume

Best way to coexist with today american wierdo world without be boycotted or lose the classic japanese style, let them watch the surface and think they "won", while everybody with even just minimal knowledge can laugh at them lol

9 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Same shit they're doing with SF6, like Cammy with pants as default, yet we already seen the leotard is stuck in her anus more than ever as soon you switch to alt costume

Best way to coexist with today american wierdo world without be boycotted or lose the classic japanese style, let them watch the surface and think they "won", while everybody with even just minimal knowledge can laugh at them lol

Yeah, but in the case of Cammy, the problem is that they made her a generic blonde chick.

It looks terrible.

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Costume design, her silhouette is just bad, is the same as any other generic blonde out there.

Plus her color scheme is also not Cammy.

His just using those terms that he heard from others to sound like a experienced character designer and to sound convincing to persuade others to his opinions or to fashion police them

but his mostly contrary to what he really usually defend and wants too

His a pseudo intellectual

Edited by Shakunetsu