Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

@Vhozite Same player from the Honda  video said you can use EX QCF K to react against Blanka ball.

https://twitter.com/frionel26/status/1665736900177477634?s=46&t=DsbASjNidMiUKBQHEVgN7Q

Someone also suggested using late Drive Impact against it, but it seems to be a lot more risky.

https://twitter.com/kayuuelbee/status/1665838785655980034?s=46&t=DsbASjNidMiUKBQHEVgN7Q

Edited by BornWinner
7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I resigned myself to the fact I'll probably never be as good at Street fighter (or fighters in general) as I was when I was a teen. Im playing purely for fun at this stage in my life, I expect to see little to no improvement whatsoever but I'm good with it. Lmao 😂

Yup this is basically me but i'm still mad competitive so i LTG reallly quick! LOL!! Fun is arcade mode or lobbies with friends, Casual and Ranked.....naw man it's game time!!

For my Manon players 

1. s.hp is super cancelable. Unfortunately the confirm window isn’t hilariously big like for the target combo, but it’s still an option 

2. EX overhead is listed at 22f startup, but it cannot actually hit a crouching opponent until frame 23(the second active frame). Frame 23 also forces the opponent into crouching state.

Edited by Vhozite
33 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

For my Manon players 

1. s.hp is super cancelable. Unfortunately the confirm window isn’t hilariously big like for the target combo, but it’s still an option 

2. EX overhead is listed at 22f startup, but it cannot actually hit a crouching opponent until frame 23(the second active frame). Frame 23 also forces the opponent into crouching state.

Suggestions for comboing into hit grab? I've only played Manon for the 10 placement matches but it was an issue for me. I know you have tap the button to avoid just doing the spin.

15 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I resigned myself to the fact I'll probably never be as good at Street fighter (or fighters in general) as I was when I was a teen. Im playing purely for fun at this stage in my life, I expect to see little to no improvement whatsoever but I'm good with it. Lmao 😂

I put so much of my heart and soul into getting good at SFV and I feel the same. I'll try my best to take it one step at a time but right now I'm not too concerned with getting insanely good. I've never played a fighter with this much depth before.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Suggestions for comboing into hit grab? I've only played Manon for the 10 placement matches but it was an issue for me. I know you have tap the button to avoid just doing the spin.

You need to hit b.hp to reliably combo into hit grab. For me I like to use the b.mk, s.mk target combo and DR into b.hp. If your able to land it as an AA that's an easy hit grab.

12 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

https://twitter.com/whatiskami/status/1665833346696376320

The Honda player is who I was talking about earlier, where I was gassing in him up in front of his girlfriend and then he won our monthly. 

@EvilCanadianI know you'll appreciate this the most out of anyone here. 🖐️

Edit: At least so far, getting cooked doesn't make me rage in SF6. There are so many options, I immediately think of how I just picked the wrong option. Hopefully this last. Reminds me of SF3, I always felt that it was my fault when I lost.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, BornWinner said:

@Vhozite Same player from the Honda  idea said you can use EX QCF K to react against Blanka ball.

https://twitter.com/frionel26/status/1665736900177477634?s=46&t=DsbASjNidMiUKBQHEVgN7Q

Someone also suggested using late Drive Impact against it, but it seems to be a lot more risky.

https://twitter.com/kayuuelbee/status/1665838785655980034?s=46&t=DsbASjNidMiUKBQHEVgN7Q

I tested this stuff in training mode last night.

EX QCF+P (the spinning hit-grab) seems good against all of Honda's headbutts as long as you are a distance far enough to reasonably react to it. The weaker the headbutt the easier it is, so this is basically a way to shut down mindless full screen, or in some cases mid screen, spam of headbutts.

For Blanka Balls, I've seen that EX QCF+P also works against heavy Blanka Ball, but I don't think it's a viable strategy because Blanka can starts using medium and light Balls to bait you, and he'll recover in time to block and punish. Fortunately, it seems that EX QCF+K (the big anti-air kick) will work very well as a replacement, and whatever partial invincibility is on that move must work well because you can even do it pretty late. I've tried in a real match against a Ken's heavy kick, that plus on block move they throw randomly to get plus frames, and it seems like it stuffs that one as well.

The special properties on Manon's specials are working very well so far.

How could Capcom create one of the coolest looking characters in the series with JP and then give him the lamest fucking gameplay? 

Like my god, I've been watching and catching a lot of different JP appearances on streams for SF6 and this shit is actually putting me to boredom and sleep 

As if I'm watching Injustice 2 matches again or something like that 

Installed world Tour the other day and gave it a spin earlier. Wasn't really planning to but I needed a bit of a break from the PvP side of things and I have to admit, it's actually solid. Like a very old-school kind of 3D beat'em up that might as well have come out on PS2, with all the silliness and humour and it not being afraid of trying something dumb. Not sure if I'll play through it entirely (any numbers on how long that'll take?) but I try to go at least far enough to unlock some costumes for characters I care about.

4 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Installed world Tour the other day and gave it a spin earlier. Wasn't really planning to but I needed a bit of a break from the PvP side of things and I have to admit, it's actually solid. Like a very old-school kind of 3D beat'em up that might as well have come out on PS2, with all the silliness and humour and it not being afraid of trying something dumb. Not sure if I'll play through it entirely (any numbers on how long that'll take?) but I try to go at least far enough to unlock some costumes for characters I care about.

If you run through it and don't do everything it's around 20 hours. If you maniac like me, you'll be in there forever. It's fun to goof around with avatar battles. I was bodying people because I was level 74. Then some level 78 dude with Yoga Teleport and SPD wrecked my shit. It was good fun as hell. Nice way to decompress from serious play. They even let you practice in training mode while you wait for avatar matches.

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

How could Capcom create one of the coolest looking characters in the series with JP and then give him the lamest fucking gameplay? 

Like my god, I've been watching and catching a lot of different JP appearances on streams for SF6 and this shit is actually putting me to boredom and sleep 

As if I'm watching Injustice 2 matches again or something like that 

You aren't even good at fighting games sit down nigga

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It’s not finished but the basics are there, especially for combo structure. 

If you want to combo into the hit grab you have to go through b.hp or start burning meter for either drive rush or juggles. Something like anti-air ex wheel kick into hit grab is a simple example. 

5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

It’s not finished but the basics are there, especially for combo structure. 

If you want to combo into the hit grab you have to go through b.hp or start burning meter for either drive rush or juggles. Something like anti-air ex wheel kick into hit grab is a simple example. 

It's also possible to combo off an heavy anti-air wheel kick, so meterless, but you need to hit them really high with the slowest version of that move. Not easy to do.

Go for EX if you want a guaranteed or almost guaranteed hit-grab.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I think JP's style is pretty dope.

I agree. I find his style of zoning is very unique for Street Fighter. As others have said it's kinda NRS or even BlazBlue style which is  pretty cool.

I just wish I didn't have microwave brain reactions and just eat his unblockable fireball over and over. But that's a me problem 

I ran into a Honda yesterday who almost literally only used headbutt and HP. I lost 1-2.

I'm not sure if I want to hop on the hate train quite yet but it's striking how hard it is to deal with something that takes so little effort to pull off from the Honda player. I completely agree that defense should be harder than offense because otherwise the game becomes a turtle fest and nobody ever takes damage, but, eh, the balance seems a bit off here. But I've only played two or three Hondas so far, maybe I'll get more comfortable punishing his headbutt with EX grab soon. Certainly a very powerful counter, though you have to be on point and ready for it all the time.

JP is whatever. Sometimes he perfects me from full screen, other times he can't do anything because I get an early knockdown. I don't really like playing against him but the more basic fireball zoners like Ryu and Guile are actually harder for Manon to deal with IMO.

I agree!

This is why when someone says "stop bringing back X old SF2 character" I tell'em to STFU. These guys are practically new and have never been better in so many ways.

A new generation can get to fall in love with them again. Where else are zoomers going to learn about the art of Sumo from an actual sumo? Or that there's something called the Amazon Rainforest if not from Blanka?