Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Basically any FG, too. 3fr specials are super powerful, especially if there's a priority system at play.

As far as I remember Priority Systems don't apply to specials, at least not in SFV.

I tried this a lot in SFV with Kens M Tatsu, which is 3f too (or was it L? Can't remember), the only times it stuffed my blockstrings, was when I left a 4f instead of a 3f gap.

2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Anyone up for playing SFV in 15 mins or so for a bit?

We stan GGPO Netcodes in this household. 😤

Played @Cipher on +R. Game looked at almost 290ping and said: 2 Frames. You only need to set delay to 2 Frames.

It was flawless. No eating inputs, no rollbacks, no lag spikes, nothing. And we were both mashing like gorillas.

Only one disconnect when I was playing Jam against his Axl, sat fullscreen maxing out cards while he waited pressing buttons to catch Dragon Kick and I slid in with a Puffball right in his dome.

Pretty sure that was too much for the game to handle. 🤣

Say no to the heretical work of your false prophets, your souls might yet be safed!

Come join us, the grass is greener on this side of the fence!

Join us doing Vulcanic Vipers, Stun Edges, Potemkin Buster and embrace the power of Anime!

Also your Protag is a 200 year old dad, whos wife was used as the base for all the Strive girls bootys, who's also a scientist whos science is to punch things, while listening to Queen.

What more could you ask for?

1 minute ago, DarkSakul said:

I hate tier lists, they are all misleading. 

What bothers me about them is how people just post the list but almost never explain it.

Over half of them are just mindless clickbait. On the other hand, despite the nonsensical S-tiers, this list doesn't look that bad from what I heard...

9 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

As far as I remember Priority Systems don't apply to specials, at least not in SFV.

I tried this a lot in SFV with Kens M Tatsu, which is 3f too (or was it L? Can't remember), the only times it stuffed my blockstrings, was when I left a 4f instead of a 3f gap.

Oh really? That sucks then. I know in 3S, I can counterpoke with LDP sometimes as Ken, as it's 3 frames and hits/launches once. Can be strong. That priority system also helps outpoke low forwards with sweeps.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

What bothers me about them is how people just post the list but almost never explain it.

It's why I am at the point now if I see any tier list from anything in or related to the FGC I dismiss it with extreme prejudice.

Most of them are such hot takes, that the so-called good ones get automatically the same scorn.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Use the right DP.

Cammy has to be one of the character's that just inordinately hard to deal with for no reason.

Most Zeku players think he bodies Cammy without question. Not a Zeku player, so I have no opinion. Likely just comes down to opinion.

Even when I play Karin, I'd rather fight Cammy than fight Seth. I legit feel Seth is far more irritating to fight than the majority of the roster.

This whole +R thing makes me realize just how much i hate playing fighting games on my laptop... That’s not a knock at PCs, i just hate its tiny screen, how loud the fan hums (despite being clean) and where i have to plug it into and sit to get wired internet. Plus it takes forever to load anything. 

Also, i find Steam to be annoying. Idk why.

Edited by Mattatsu
4 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Most Zeku players think he bodies Cammy without question. Not a Zeku player, so I have no opinion. Likely just comes down to opinion.

Even when I play Karin, I'd rather fight Cammy than fight Seth. I legit feel Seth is far more irritating to fight than the majority of the roster.

Haven't fought any good Seth's yet. Dude is infinitely better than Cammy; probably fininitely better than Karin too at this point. No idea how people were sleeping on that character on release.

The thing about Cammy is that her tools are kinda hard to react to online. DPing EX divekick on reaction/dealing with a 16 frame dash combine is just a pain. She also only needs one cancel into spiral arrow to start her action. So even at plat one mistake against a goofball suddenly makes them more dangerous than they need to be.

Kinda like MvC3 Wolverine. Didn't matter who played him, that character was innately more dangerous than he should've been.

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

This whole +R thing makes me realize just how much i hate playing fighting games on my laptop... That’s not a knock at PCs, i just hate its tiny screen, how loud the fan hums (despite being clean) and where i have to plug it into and sit to get wired internet. Plus it takes forever to load anything. 

Time to build a PC!!!

head hype GIF

Just now, Vhozite said:

This is my 1 single complaint about my new laptop. When the fans are all the way up it’s insanely loud. It’s almost comical how loud it is lmao

Kinda unavoidable for laptops.

I used to have one of these cooler tables to help my old one out, but I never figured out whether they were actually useful or not.

27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Haven't fought any good Seth's yet. Dude is infinitely better than Cammy; probably fininitely better than Karin too at this point. No idea how people were sleeping on that character on release.

The thing about Cammy is that her tools are kinda hard to react to online. DPing EX divekick on reaction/dealing with a 16 frame dash combine is just a pain. She also only needs one cancel into spiral arrow to start her action. So even at plat one mistake against a goofball suddenly makes them more dangerous than they need to be.

Kinda like MvC3 Wolverine. Didn't matter who played him, that character was innately more dangerous than he should've been.

I remember people were acting like Seth really struggled in neutral. I fought a good amount of them and he is a nightmare at times. Seth reminds me of S3 Cammy. Everyone had a pocket Cammy back then. Now everyone has a pocket Seth. Most of the players that moved to PC are playing Seth. The only thing that'll make people drop him are nerfs. I still find it funny how my S3 Cammy was nowhere near as good as my S4 Cammy. Everyone all but dropped her like a hot potato even though she wasn't gutted like many wanted to believe.

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
7 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Everyone all but dropped her like a hot potato even though she wasn't gutted like many wanted to believe.

Happened with Poison early on too. I thought Poison was the best out of Honda/Lucia/Poison. Early on people thought she was trash. I remember having a combo with somebody who played her early saying she had all these bad match ups. Like, if the character is 3 days in, they don't have match ups yet. Poison's playstyle and neutral just had to be figured out.

She got a few buffs and here we are. People are getting bopped by stuff she had before the buffs. Early Akuma was also on the same thing. For w/e reason people seem to have a weird perception of characters strengths in this game. At the very least they are very dismissive of things.

Japan still downplaying G and Laura at this point too. Any character that walks around with "Gimme The Loot" on repeat ain't bad.

49 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

This has to do with you CPU and GPU heating up. The fans are cranking up to keep the temp at manageable levels. Got nothing to do with cleansiness (though it does help) 

Also, you laptop doesn't sound like it's up to the task.

40 minutes ago, Volt said:

Kinda unavoidable for laptops.

I used to have one of these cooler tables to help my old one out, but I never figured out whether they were actually useful or not.

They will only help if they are blowing cool air into your laptop's intake vents.

If you have a laptop with an aluminum body that uses the chassis as a heatsink (like some MacBooks), it may help a little.

If you have a laptop where there are no vents on the bottom and the chassis is made of plastic it won't do much at all.