Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

21 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

From my experience, it seems most people either play on public lobbies really late, like from 10 pm to 3 -4Am central time or in the case  of the western playerbase a lot prefer to play on private lobbies organized on discrod and facebook groups.

Due the inconsistencies of the netcode, the players prefer to stick to people they know will have reliable connections instead of tossing a coin on the air to play.

So it became a discord game? Fucking hell. I don't know if any servers where the community is at.

5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

’m glad I got into online FGs within the last 3-4 years lol.

Me too cause some of these games still suck when it comes to netplay. 

And I'll bitch till the cows come home until it's better. One thing I'll give MK11, the netcode is really, really good. 

I can't think of a time when a match was unplayable. They also tell you if people are wired or not. They understand that people want to play games online and make sure that the online experience is a good one. 

Big props to Bamco, they've done a lot to try and make T7's online experience better. Now just make it so that the load times between matches isn't 40 seconds to a minute

17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

So it became a discord game? Fucking hell. I don't know if any servers where the community is at.

Every game is a discord game to some extent.

I think only on T7, SFV and curiously DOA6 you see people preferring to throw the dice with matchmaking instead of playing with people they know.

MK11 is a weird combination of both where a good chunk of the player base still dabs in matchmaking, but a lot prefer to play with friends since they are very casual and dont want to get wrecked by "tryhards"

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It was playing 3rd strike in the anniversary collection for me. Getting a game in the quality of KoF12 was a high point.

Yeah, bad netcode with low bandwith was a nightmare combination to try to get matches. 

That shit makes the new Samsho's netcode look like the best netcode in existance 😂

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It was playing 3rd strike in the anniversary collection for me. Getting a game in the quality of KoF12 was a high point.

For as good as the PS2 port of 3S is generally accepted to be, that must have been tough regardless. My condolences on having accepted the reality that there's no good way to play that game online still.

7 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

For as good as the PS2 port of 3S is generally accepted to be, that must have been tough regardless. My condolences on having accepted the reality that there's no good way to play that game online still.

I was big fan of online edition. It had it faults but I generally enjoyed it more than playing the game on GGPO/Fightcade. Shame that version didn't get ported over for 30th.

4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I can't think of a time when a match was unplayable. 

FUNNY YOU SAY THIS...

I was playing MK11 earlier. KL match. Dude is on wifi but it says 33ms so cool right? 

WRONG

Get in the match and the connection is never stable for more than 2 seconds at a time. Jumping randomly to every number between 78 and 225ms. Lagging so bad I don’t think I hit a single combo over 3 hits. It was so bad I was gonna forfeit but I didn’t see the option on the menu and I was mashing lol. Of course this nigga was using Erron Black. 

I lost

5 hours ago, Skort said:

Back issues not a joke

6'3" lanky bastard, can really confirm. Chopping onions on a standard height counter wrecks me.

Edit: not to make a joke about it - folk assume I can do all sorts of lifting and carrying and shit owing to my height, and fuck me... that stuff hurts after a bit! And saying "No my back!"... usually doesn't wash

Edited by JustBrowsing
1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

OE is supposed to be the closest to arcade perfect there is from what I recall. Game has solid netcode too, I'd say that's the best way to play having played that, fightcade and the PS2 version.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

It had it faults but I generally enjoyed it more than playing the game on GGPO/Fightcade. Shame that version didn't get ported over for 30th.

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

OE is supposed to be the closest to arcade perfect there is from what I recall.

OE and PS2 are essentially the same iirc. OE obviously has better netcode. OE has the issue of Genei Jin scaling, making Yun stronger than he should be, among other oddities. That's the biggest one. On that front, it's a no from me, but at this point I think it's safe to say it's the best way to netplay the game.

6 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

@DoctaMario @Hawkingbird

I also confirmed this, in case you're interested.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/blcoqgKSm7Pg

That link *should* show you a screenshot confirming what I said.

From what I recall, OE was based on the Dreamcast version of the game and taht was considered the closest to the arcade and didn't have the odd differences the PS2 version did.

Either way, I used to hang on the 3s part of SRK and those dudes used to get in some incredible arguments about which version was the most arcade perfect and how even the good ones werent' the same. I get it, as someone who's played a ton of SamShoVSp across various versions of the game from arcade cabinets to ports on console and PC, to fightcade, there are differences. But tbh, I think it makes the most sense to play the version most people are playing rather than get mad because you can't play on a cab all the time.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

From what I recall, OE was based on the Dreamcast version of the game and taht was considered the closest to the arcade and didn't have the odd differences the PS2 version did.

IDK how close Dreamcast was to arcade technically, but it's the worst port. I made a video on Twitter a long time ago showing the input delay. It's like a WiFi to WiFi ArcSys game... No one plays on that shit. It was visibly bad.

Either way, I used to hang on the 3s part of SRK and those dudes used to get in some incredible arguments about which version was the most arcade perfect and how even the good ones werent' the same.

They still do.

But tbh, I think it makes the most sense to play the version most people are playing rather than get mad because you can't play on a cab all the time.

For most people, yeah. But for competitors it can be a serious problem. I've only ever played offline on 30th and Retroarch, and I'm at the point in my game where I can feel the differences in the different versions. For me, I'd want every online port should feel like 30th offline with good connection. For people who go to Don's or Boiler Room, they want their online to feel like cabs. Kind of why 30th sucks, because online 30th doesn't even feel like offline 30th lol. That's just my experience.

38 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I guess when you advertise a port of being arcade perfect some people will challenge them on it. 

Most of it yes. Then you have Yun's scaling glitch which is quite dumb. I think that's the only practically game altering thing though.

PlayStation leaks out Strive’s open beta dates.

It starts on the 19th and ends on the 21st but if you preordered through the PS store, you can also play it on the 18th. 

it includes all of the characters barring Anji and whoever number 15 is and it should be the first time the rollback is in.

Edit: Updating this post with a link to that game’s website

https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/obt/

Edited by BornWinner
21 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

PlayStation leaks out Strive’s open beta dates.

It starts on the 19th and ends on the 21st but if you preordered through the PS store, you can also play it on the 18th. 

it includes all of the characters barring Anji and whoever number 15 is and it should be the first time the rollback is in.

Same weekend as capcom stuff and probably patch eh...

I’m very happy it’s an open beta.

also, you don’t need PS Plus to play the beta online

edit:it also seems like as well as displaying ms during the match, it also shows rollback frames. That’s a pretty neat feature.

edit 2: free upgrade from ps4 version to ps5 is official confirmed: https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/prfaq/

Edited by Mattatsu
10 hours ago, Dayaan said:

IDK how close Dreamcast was to arcade technically, but it's the worst port. I made a video on Twitter a long time ago showing the input delay. It's like a WiFi to WiFi ArcSys game... No one plays on that shit. It was visibly bad.

They still do.

For most people, yeah. But for competitors it can be a serious problem. I've only ever played offline on 30th and Retroarch, and I'm at the point in my game where I can feel the differences in the different versions. For me, I'd want every online port should feel like 30th offline with good connection. For people who go to Don's or Boiler Room, they want their online to feel like cabs. Kind of why 30th sucks, because online 30th doesn't even feel like offline 30th lol. That's just my experience.

From what I understand they cleaned up stuff like the input delay for OE. Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought that was what they used as a base for OE. 

Either way, there are always going to be differences, even just playing on a CRT vs a monitor makes a difference, and I think anyone expecting online to play like a cab is being unreasonable, or even online playing like offline. I think you just have members of the community who are purists and don't seem to understand that playing competitively only on cabs is probably not going to happen unless you're in Japan. For the record I've played a lot on cabs and while I did notice a slight difference between that, OE, and a rom, it wasn't enough that it was debilitating to my game. 🤷

24 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

February must be the month of announcements. Michael Murray states something will be shown for Tekken later.

Nah this always happens when one fighter has something releasing for the public. Oh you have a big event?! We are releasing a character trailer, or you are having a patch, we doing a beta, oh you are talking about future plans, we are doing the same.. one week later.  I guess no one wants to be "left behind"

I noticed this years ago and it still holds true, I wouldn't be surprised to get some extra KOF or Granblue info either.

2 hours ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Nah this always happens when one fighter has something releasing for the public. Oh you have a big event?! We are releasing a character trailer, or you are having a patch, we doing a beta, oh you are talking about future plans, we are doing the same.. one week later.  I guess no one wants to be "left behind"

I noticed this years ago and it still holds true, I wouldn't be surprised to get some extra KOF or Granblue info either.

It's a dog eats dog world out there.

We just laugh more at Capcom because instead of actually doing something good or shutting up, they do free trials and Danpost. 🤣

On 2/4/2021 at 3:42 PM, Hecatom said:

Hmm.

Back in the day when i still played GGPO, my experience with it was a nightmare.

But not because the netcode, but because how people configured their shit.

I was always matched against idiots who configured with 0 delay on the buffer (I assume), that, or they were still running shit like bittorrent on the background because a lot of the matches were always teleport fests.

I assume that nowdays people are better informed and you dont have that kind of issues being as frequent as before.

But man, it made me hate playing online back in the day.

I really didnt like 3S much to begin with, and playing it online in that kind of scenario didnt help at all 🤣

That was always unfortunate to deal with. I just remember ggpo being way better than kaillera. That was a big deal to me and the people I played with regularly.

As a few here know, I'm a very, very, anxious bastard, but I just decided to play V ranked for a bit. Just four matches in, I got amazing PS4 hatemail which actually reassured me rather than put me off; before I could feel my heart beating fast, and after I was so amused and distracted it all melted away.

I know this is a pointless post, but where else can I share this nonsense?

Edited by JustBrowsing
40 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

As a few here know, I'm a very, very, anxious bastard, but I just decided to play V ranked for a bit. Just four matches in, I got amazing PS4 hatemail which actually reassured me rather than put me off; before I could feel my heart beating fast, and after I was so amused and distracted it all melted away.

Habibi, not only is this pointless, but it's gold. Send the screenshots here!

20 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Habibi, not only is this pointless, but it's gold. Send the screenshots here!

Ugh, I'm not exactly proud of my take-piss response, but I think the prick deserved it. 

Spoiler

EtgvLk3WYAIG_HK.png

Etgvb8qXMAEqvXC.png

Edit: the guy literally (in the realest sense of the word) just spammed Flying Barcelona Attack, over and over. And I was Guile. Madness.

Edited by JustBrowsing
17 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Ugh, I'm not exactly proud of my take-piss response, but I think the prick deserved it. 

Hide contents

EtgvLk3WYAIG_HK.png

Etgvb8qXMAEqvXC.png

Edit: the guy literally (in the realest sense of the word) just spammed Flying Barcelona Attack, over and over. And I was Guile. Madness.

This is some real Canadian trash talk... Your AAs may be good, but you gotta step up the trash talk, dawg.

Edited by Dayaan
1 hour ago, JustBrowsing said:

I enjoyed the ragequits I got as Sakura. 

Cause she's such a busted, robbery character, ya know. 😂