Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I'm assuming the issue people have with elongated muskrat buying out twitter is that he is a billionaire who could have put his money to better use than taking "their" platform away from them. We don't even know what this acquisition entails but if we've learned anything from being on the internet for 20+ years, we will all move on to something else. Who cares lol

15 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Elon isn't going to change shit about twitter. Maybe he'll try, but he won't succeed. It's a cesspool.

From my understanding, he plans on taking the company private, open sourcing the algorithm, yada yada yada . Still, I took no chances and deactivated my two twitter accounts; and even went as far as to block twitter's website as well as any link starting with t.co at my router. Also blocked fxtwitter at the router level as well.

3 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I think the most common qualm is the combination of Twitter's ability to amplify the spread of disinformation with an owner who prides himself on having far fewer fucks to give than even the current management.

Understandable. I wonder if being attached to such a large figure will skew public opinion on the platform more than it already has been. Definitely a controversial guy.

On 4/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, AriesWarlock said:

279272184_636260351511717_16353993212832

White House Warns of Twitter ‘Power’ to ‘Spread Misinformation’ After Board Accepts Elon Musk Purchase

The White House on Monday warned of ongoing concerns about social media platforms after Twitter accepted billionaire Elon Musk’s offer for the company.

“No matter who owns or runs Twitter, the president has long been concerned about the power large social media platforms have over our everyday lives,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said during the daily briefing.

Psaki said she was not able to offer a specific comment on the purchase itself but spoke broadly about the president’s views on social media.

“Our concerns are not new,” she said. “We’ve long talked about and the president has long talked about his concerns about the power of social media platforms, including Twitter and others to spread misinformation, disinformation.”

Twitter announced Monday afternoon its agreement with Musk to sell him the company for $54.29 per share.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Musk said in a statement announcing the agreement.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/elon-musk-to-acquire-twitter-301532245.html

I don't like Elon Musk. "Libs literally owned," made me laugh though.

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Setting aside the fact that Twitter is banned in China, you've just described most politicians and large industries. 

I mostly think about how instrumental twitter was during the uprisings in the arab spring protests.. I feel like someone like. Musk would help to prevent and block messages from getting around. I remember Twitter working to help. Protesters ro get the messages out when it became harder to post because the govt was working against them 

Everything you see in the mainstream is likely scripted. Our minds are being manipulated so very easily with technology. If you are not in touch with your intuition, you will be easily fooled. If your reality is always based in outward appearances, you will be easily led astray. 

Anything on a screen can easily be just a scripted Hollywood movie. Hollywood and the government always work together. Politicians are coached by Hollywood how to act all the time. 

Edited by Seth Vega

Facial fillers wreck women's faces.  I know several women who have done them to look young and the results gave them a couple more years of youth but then they end up looking BUSTED AF after they stop working.  I honestly think women look much more attractive if they just age naturally and stop trying to look like a 20 year olds.

Edited by J-ride
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I bet her pussy juice tastes like battery acid.

Dangerous J Pictures Presents

A MisterBee Production

Hydrochloric

Starring

Amber Heard as Muffie Diver

Nicholas Cage as The Man Without A Face

"Be careful where you stick your face!"

"This is not the sequel to Face Off, I expected to see Nicholas Cage in!"

- Darc Requiem - Megashock Weekly

6 hours ago, Maxx said:

I mostly think about how instrumental twitter was during the uprisings in the arab spring protests.. I feel like someone like. Musk would help to prevent and block messages from getting around. I remember Twitter working to help. Protesters ro get the messages out when it became harder to post because the govt was working against them 

LMAO, believing that is not already happening.

If Musk where to do that, it wouldn't be any different from what it is now.

They got another one...

it is fascinating trying to psychoanalyze all the millions of reasons so many women who say these things (e.g.--"noooo he would never try anything...we just friends!") are basically lying to themselves and everyone else.

oooh that made it extra interesting... girl in the orange dress on the right happens to know her and the guys, I guess....and she's one of the rare girls that will state the truth--- yes, most dudes in the FZ WILL hit if you offer it.

Edited by MillionX
16 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Twitter is prob more closed off than back then but its far from some right wing tool for their regime. 

LMAO, yeah because only right wingers do that kind of shit.

Let me give you an example.

Twitter fucking with the info regarding my country elections, since the candidate that was doing fraud was favored by the USA government.

And only changing their tune once the DEA released info about his ties with drug cartels.

This happened during the Obama administration.

But, yeah, lets be dumb dumbs and think that twatter isnt already a tool for control of information and that the only reason why there is an outcry is because those who already use it as that fear that they will lose the grip on how the information flow goes at the moment and that they fear it will be used against them the same way it has been used so far.

Kevin Samuels caught minor drama on twitter today because of a clip of his where he says unmarried women over 35 are "leftover" and most high value men won't want them.

You know, I've asked a couple questions about KS here. Every one except this one: Who is he to be talking about a woman's worth and what high value men want. I'm asking for real. What are his qualifications? Because from what I've seen of him and guys like Fresh and Fit, I would NEVER pay these guys to teach me any game (if I was going to pay for that). And I'm in desperate need of learning game. But these guys really seem to cater towards losers who want to hype themselves up by tearing women down. Of course, they say some stuff here and there I agree with, but that's seeming more like "broken clock" shit than anything else.

Edited by axeman61

Even if he dropped his credit how would you knownif they are any good or not? You've never been with anyone before. 

Look these guys are hustlers. All of them. What gives them the right is they open their mouth and people respond. That's why. Some if them have some good advice and some of then are fucking clowns. It's not that hard to tell who is who. 

As for used up at 35, hey he's welcome to the dumb opinion. 

Edited by RSG3
38 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

LMAO, yeah because only right wingers do that kind of shit.

Let me give you an example.

Twitter fucking with the info regarding my country elections, since the candidate that was doing fraud was favored by the USA government.

And only changing their tune once the DEA released info about his ties with drug cartels.

This happened during the Obama administration.

But, yeah, lets be dumb dumbs and think that twatter isnt already a tool for control of information and that the only reason why there is an outcry is because those who already use it as that fear that they will lose the grip on how the information flow goes at the moment and that they fear it will be used against them the same way it has been used so far.

Your gonna have to explain more what exactly twitter as a company did. That was vague as fuck my guy. 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Your gonna have to explain more what exactly twitter as a company did. That was vague as fuck my guy. 

Control the flow of information, censor and delete any information regarding the fraud, and the whole electoral process.

A blackout of the information during the next days, etc, etc.

I know that you love playing being dense, but you know what i am talking about.

We had to use Whatsapp and other chat messengers to be able to have the flow of info going because the shit that twatter and facebook were doing.

Edited by Hecatom

@axeman61I really wouldn't put Kevin Samuels and Fresh & Fit in the same sentence. Fresh & Fit's are frauds. The drama with Aba & Preach expose that. I've seen some Kevin Samuels stuff. From what I've seen, he basically says the quiet part out loud. Things that people are thinking but are too afraid to say because of a fear of cancelation. I mean telling a 5' 200lb chick that she's out of shape and "high value man" isn't going to give her the time of day shouldn't be a controversial thing but for some reason it is.

Most KS videos I've seen are literally him just telling a woman about herself. Something that isn't really that insightful but something that people won't tell them. Usually it's something that they know to be true deep down but won't face up to. I've seen a couple of videos that were basically the same premise. A 40 year old divorced woman that's been divorced for around a decade. He asks them about their ex-husband and why she divorced him. It basically came down to her thinking "I can do better."  The ex in question was typically just a regular hardworking dude. No infidelity. No DV. Just a regular dude that gets up, goes to work, and pays his bills. 

TLDR: Frest & Fit are frauds. KS is a blunt guy that tells women things that others are afraid to.

Just now, Hecatom said:

Control the flow of information, censor and delete any information regarding the fraud, and the whole electoral process.

A blackout of the information during the next days, etc, etc.

I know that you love playing being dense, but you know what i am talking about.

How am i playing dense? We're talking about the control Of information.. But you legit said twitter interfered without any details at all. You just said they were involved. I dont even know what fucking country you live in dude. 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

How am i playing dense? We're talking about the control Of information.. But you legit said twitter interfered without any details at all. You just said they were involved. I dont even know what fucking country you live in dude. 

There are examples of them doing this shit here (USA) as well- they iced the story about Joe's crackhead son's laptop for fear if it hampering their desired electoral outcome. Now even the NYT admits it wasn't "Russian disinformation".  

7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Honestly, it's not that complicated man. They suppressed the info of the candidate opposing the USA's favored candidate. Blocking things they don't want seen or tweaking their algorithm to limit access to those things.  Its not just Twitter, Google pulls this all the time with Youtube or their search engine. 

Oddly enough I haven't watched Kevin's videos in quite a long time... I watched back when he had more variety in his videos; ever since he blew up he's just stuck to a very specific formula that works...which makes sense, of course.  An older video I remember enjoying was quite a bold move, imo---when the topic was "Black men.. you have to cut your hair."  It amazed me that a guy on youtube actually had the balls to outright say that, considering that was the majority of his audience at the time, and that obviously steps on a LOT of toes... since for some odd reason, people would rather cling to a particular hairstyle at the cost of their own chances at moving up in the "typical office job" world. (*and for some reason, it's now "The Rules" that you're supposed to have that "locks" style if you're a black person these days.)  I enjoyed watching the results of that video, since imo a hairstyle of all things isn't worth all that....ha, not even close. 

Disclaimer: I may also have some bias since I'm not a fan of that hairstyle in the first place, actually.  heh, it just looks silly to me.

Edited by MillionX
16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Its not just Twitter, Google pulls this all the time with Youtube or their search engine. 

I swear to god,  YouTube is awful about this. They keep recommending that tennis sport where girls in bikinis jump super high with a pole or whatever.  And then my wife goes on the TV and sees it recommended. WTF YouTube 😡

21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I swear to god,  YouTube is awful about this. They keep recommending that tennis sport where girls in bikinis jump super high with a pole or whatever.  And then my wife goes on the TV and sees it recommended. WTF YouTube 😡

Yeah it's like once a month Google goes, "Hey, check out these women's track & field videos!"

51 minutes ago, Camacho said:

There are examples of them doing this shit here (USA) as well- they iced the story about Joe's crackhead son's laptop for fear if it hampering their desired electoral outcome. Now even the NYT admits it wasn't "Russian disinformation".  

I dunno how much about thats true since wasnt it the cia/fbi investigating the russian interference stuff? 

damnnn I wanted to play some games but now F&F is on about Pokimane (*she commented on one of their vids recently) at the same time with Angryman going live...while Coach Greg Adams is live too...along with That Star Wars Girl; of course I just like to check in on her since she's cute.... Youtube is just too much, folks.  There's not enough time for all of it.

ah, F&F's early show seems about over so I switched to Angryman then.  Yeah, so much for getting in a few rounds of Blood Hunt tonight, I guess....

Sometimes I actually miss the simplicity of the pre-internet era, tbh...  outside of gaming, we just had regular television/cable and the radio....and those had dull spots where nothing was going on. (*and of course, further back in time, there was that era where tv stations actually ended the broadcast for the day, and it was just static until the next morning.  Ha, that probably sounds quite strange to the younger generations today.)  

51 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I dunno how much about thats true since wasnt it the cia/fbi investigating the russian interference stuff? 

...And that's the point of what Twitter, "big tech" and the MSM did. You get your information from those sources, and they do their damndest to make sure you won't see arguments or facts to the contrary on anything they control.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-laptop-data-examined/

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/the-times-finally-admits-hunter-bidens-laptop-is-real/ (keep in mind that Twitter banned the NYP for this story)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fec-fines-dnc-clinton-for-trump-dossier-hoax

Let's think about some other "misinformation" (all now accepted facts) Twitter has banned people for: 

-You can still get and spread Covid 19 after being vaccinated

-Cloth masks are ineffective at stopping the spread of covid 19

-A "leak" from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which was working specifically on gain of function research involving bat coronaviruses, is the most probable origin of the pandemic

This is a very level headed on the topic of Elon buying Twitter that explains why so many people are happy about it. https://quillette.com/2022/04/27/musk-and-moderation/

Here's a small excerpt:

Where things get controversial, and where I believe Musk’s main concerns lie, is around the subset of content moderation based on “point-of-view.” An example of point-of-view moderation was Twitter and Facebook’s censorship of QAnon content in 2020 and 2021, irrespective of its decorum. Hundreds of thousands of tweets were taken down, and thousands of Twitter users were banned. On Facebook, hundreds of groups were summarily shut down.

QAnon is an ideology comprised of bad ideas that are extremely unlikely to be true. But I could say the same about Christianity, astrology, and Marxism-Leninism, all of which have significant presences on Twitter and Facebook. The public square in a free society should not be restricted to ideas that I approve of, and nor should anybody else’s ideas of right or wrong be the basis for restricting decorous speech beyond the small subset of cases discussed above.

Other examples of point-of-view moderation are perhaps less dramatic but nonetheless disturbing. An example with which I’m familiar is an idealistic political startup movement called Unity 2020, created to challenge the Democratic-Republican political duopoly in the United States with a proposed centrist slate for president and vice president in the 2020 elections. It was a quixotic project, albeit one that I thought might lead to something interesting in the future. I know the people behind it and it was certainly a good-faith contribution to our political discourse. Nevertheless, Twitter deleted the main Unity 2020 account in September 2020, and Facebook banned its founder. 

That the platforms should target a startup political movement of this kind ought to be disturbing to anyone who thinks we need new ideas that might improve our dysfunctional politics. While point-of-view-based moderation of new ideas might help to suppress mad and bad ideologies like QAnon, it also risks suppressing the kind of fresh thinking that we need if humanity is to survive. 

...In a world in which the status quo is doing a pretty terrible job of dealing with our severe and worsening societal problems, it can’t be beneficial to our overall portfolio of live ideas to allow our public square platforms to pick and choose, especially not when those choices are informed by an apparent pro-status-quo bias. Such platforms need to become “marketplaces of ideas” in which every good-faith voice gets a hearing—even if it is only from its own paltry following. Ideas should spread and prosper or fail and vanish based on their ability to convince and motivate others. Their legitimacy should certainly not be determined by the ideological biases of a small number of gatekeepers in Silicon Valley.

...There's too much power in the hands of people deciding what is and isn't "disinformation" (an accusation every totalitarian regime would hurl at any criticism). And when the government gets directly involved in "offering guidance " on disinformation (meaning they say "here's what we want censored"), we have a blatant violation of the first amendment. 

Edited by Camacho