Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Even I fell for my closest female friend. The wedding is in 2025.

The thing is that female and male friendships are just un-natural creations of mass media.  Pre-1980 they were practically non-existant.  On either side of this "friendship" is someone wanting a relationship.  Anytime you bring this up though some chick will chime in that MY GUY FRIEND ISN'T LIKE THAT, but c'mon quit fronting.

It is hilarious to me that most of society continues to just play along with female delusions and we got a whole group of people dedicated to playing along.  🤡

Edited by J-ride
1 hour ago, J-ride said:

The thing is that female and male friendships are just un-natural creations of mass media.  Pre-1980 they were practically non-existant.  On either side of this "friendship" is someone wanting a relationship.  Anytime you bring this up though some chick will chime in that MY GUY FRIEND ISN'T LIKE THAT, but c'mon quit fronting.

Does it happen, absolutely; but I have to disagree in the "all" sense. In many cases it's simply because during the period mentioned, men and women didn't co-exist in the same spaces for similar reasons.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124
9 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Does it happen, absolutely; but I have to disagree in the "all" sense. In many cases it's simply because during the period mentioned, men and women didn't co-exist in the same spaces for similar reasons.  

I can see your point.  We are all biased in some way by our life experiences.  Anytime I had a woman wanting "friendship" from me it really meant she wanted me to have boyfriend responsibilities without sex.  I always treated these women like I treat my male friends and they never stuck around for long.  A couple of times of me forcing them to go dutch and they wanted no part of hanging out with me ever again.  😆  

32 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I don't know man, only time i have seen men and women be platonic friends is the guy is usually gay (and yet I don't know of any guys with a lesbian friend... Huh) 🙃

Exceptions yes exists but generally speaking I am on the side of men and women cannot be pure friends if both are straight because someone will always want something more than just friends. 

This whole conversation is hilarious to me and honestly makes me a little sad. I’ve had so many gay and straight females as friends and even best friends throughout my life. My best friend here in AR is in fact a female. 

The reason a lot of those female relationships  I had ended was no different than the male ones. They ended due to anything from naturally growing apart to real issues that couldn’t be reconciled. You know, every day life. 

I’m not saying I didn’t try to make more out something that was or wasn’t there at certain points in my life. If I was saying that I’d be lying. We’ve all been there and if you say you haven’t than you’d be lying. 

However as I got older, more mature and I formed a better understanding of what I wanted in my platonic and romantic relationships I realized I could be genuine friends with women. 

It sounds like you guys just need to meet a better quality of people or need to become a better quality of person. Whether they be male or female I genuinely feel  bad for anyone who feels they can’t be a friend to someone of the opposite gender.  

Edited by iStu X

I think it's funny that being willing to "upgrade" the relationship means you didn't really want to be friends in the first place, like what? Our friendship was fake because I'm interested in hanging out with someone I enjoy hanging out with...ALL the time? "Hey I enjoy the time I spend with you, I want to spend even more of my time with you" doesn't mean the time before was fake or some shit. J-Ride described what I would call the friend zone, where they want to be your friend but use you like a boyfriend. That's not a real friendship, that's just someone trying to use you. That's why it's the friend-zone. It's fake. 

Edited by RSG3

I've had lots of female friends, and in favorable circumstances probably would have had sex with most of them.  Only caught feels a couple of times though, and a big part of that is not being stuck in the adolescent mindset that being a little horny for someone you actually like is the same as romantic interest/love.

On the flip side, the last time a female friend suggested upgrading our friendship, we ended up married with 3 kids.

Actor who played Stephen Hyde won't show up

Which reminds me I read this once about what Scientology test to Donna did

Here Are the Best Quotes from Laura Prepon’s Bonkers Scientology Interview

shutterstock_218345755-300x191.jpg

you’ll find quotes from Prepon’s bonkers interview in Celebrity Magazine, a glossy by and for members of the Church of Scientology.

“Bonkers” it too gentle a term, however, as Prepon’s candid words about her religion cult? are seemingly batshit crazy. Pretty much everything in the piece is ripe enough for picking, but we’ve cobbled together some of our favorites below.

Here’s Prepon on her entrance into L. Ron Hubbard‘s take on the world:

So when I first got into Scientology, I did Personal Values and Integrity and then Overcoming Ups and Downs in Life. These courses touched on the observations I was aware of when I was younger. It was right there in black and white. It was amazing, and I felt that finally something was speaking my language. It totally connected with me.

Get any of that? Yeah, me neither. Yet she continues:

Pretty soon after that I got onto the Purification Rundown, and I started moving up the Bridge.

It pretty much leaves all sense of lexical meaningfulness when Prepon discusses her “audit,” one of the many review processes potential Scientologists undergo before achieving the church’s approval:

The auditing has stripped away all of this charge, false ideas, decisions and mis-emotions that were affecting me. I recently had one of my biggest cognitions in a New Era Dianetics session. I spotted this decision I made a long time ago that was affecting me to this day. It was a huge realization. At the time of the incident, you make a postulate as a “pro-survival” decision, you know? Then to spot it years and years later, after peeling away these layers and then—boom, there it is—it’s mind blowing! To think of it just hiding there in my bank, affecting me.

Being that this is an official publication of Scientology, a pattern develops regarding the capitalization of certain words — not to mention the friendly slang reference to Hubbard (“LRH”):

When I was doing my Objectives, I was handling some intense stuff—as everyone who has done Objectives can relate to. I remember talking to my Supervisor about how my auditing was going. I told him the wins were so amazing. I kept pushing through and confronting things. The LRH data he showed me totally changed my viewpoint on auditing. It explained that in session, you’re supposed to turn on things that at times aren’t easy to go through. You’re supposed to be restimulated and uncomfortable at times, because you move through it in session, so that when you are out in the world things happen, you’re not affected. It was like this eureka moment for me. I’d never thought about it like that. And that’s exactly what happened.

But the interview’s primary punchline comes in the form of the mother ship of all quotable quotes. When discussing rejection, Prepon explains:

Another big realization I had in my auditing is that there is a bigger picture. This is my career but it does not define me. I am so much bigger than this career and industry. It’s my job and it’s very important to me, but, when I have huge wins in session, and when you really cognate that you are a thetan and you have a mind and body, and that the MEST universe does not control you—it puts things into perspective. It takes the weight off you and things become very easy.

ENHANCE:

[When] you really cognate that you are a thetan and you have a mind and body, and that the MEST universe does not control you—it puts things into perspective.

For further clarification (or for evidence that we didn’t make this up), check out the scans made available by @laurapreponpower on Instagram.

Edited by AriesWarlock
56 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Get any of that? Yeah, me neither. Yet she continues:

Yea. She took classes. They worked for her. Pretty easy to understand that part honestly. 

The rest is religious lexicon gibberish you can't really understand unless you're in the club. Listen to Chrisitians go on about Dogma they sound fucking nuts. 

Edited by RSG3

that hyde nigga from 70s show  is crazy. smh. im not sayin hes guilty, but when u rich n famous you sorta haveta videotape your sexual encounters to protect yourself from getting accused of shit. like after mike tyson got accused of rape after he left prison from that point on he videotaped himself when he would have sex with chicks. if u remember, a chick accused him of rape after he left prison. but since he taped his bedroom while he fucked. when the cops showed up he showed them the vid tape proff no rape happened and they dropped the charges.

u cant be rich n famous and not tape yourself fucking. especially if u fucking girls that arent rich n famous too. aka gold diggers.

Edited by VirginDefiler
41 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

that hyde nigga from 70s show  is crazy. smh. im not sayin hes guilty, but when u rich n famous you sorta haveta videotape your sexual encounters to protect yourself from getting accused of shit. like after mike tyson got accused of rape after he left prison from that point on he videotaped himself when he would have sex with chicks. if u remember, a chick accused him of rape after he left prison. but since he taped his bedroom while he fucked. when the cops showed up he showed them the vid tape proff no rape happened and they dropped the charges.

u cant be rich n famous and not tape yourself fucking. especially if u fucking girls that arent rich n famous too. aka gold diggers.

Oh os his drama still going? I remembed i used to watch a workplace comedy with him years ago but got cancelled because his accusations went dowb

13 hours ago, J-ride said:

It is hilarious to me that most of society continues to just play along with female delusions and we got a whole group of people dedicated to playing along.  🤡

I don't know about that. I think it's a case by case thing. I've got plenty of girl friends and neither of us have come on to each other, and I certainly haven't ever thought about it. I know the instant argument is, "But maybe they have thought about it," in which case, yes, I wouldn't know that. But I also think that it's a pretty bad faith argument to speculate on the inner feelings of someone else.

Men and women can be pretty close friends. We're just more likely to fall for them as straight men and women than if we were with our same-gendered mates. I think that's a fairer statement to make.

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I have bisexual lady friends, even a stud who sneaks and gets dick every blue moon, can't say I have a lesbian friend unless you count my cousin 🤔 (not by blood tho, it's a southern thing) 

I always had to explain this to certain friends back home when it came to my “sister” Holly and her family. We met her and her family shortly after we moved to Seattle. She and her brother were only a few older than my sister and myself. They were also army brats (their dad was retired air force). So we all kind of became eachothers extended family almost immediately. 

Both her sons call me uncle Stuart. I called her mom my back up mom, etc. 

Edited by iStu X

There was that American Idol winner Fantasia Barrino... I think that was the first time I heard of someone having that word for a name.  Until then, I only knew it as the name of that old Disney film where Mickey was a sorcerer.

That 90s Show is probably going to crash and burn pretty hard.  I'm doubting the nostalgia for the 90s era is really as strong....since that decade doesn't seem to have the same sense of identity as the 70s and 80s.  Of course that might also be some of my bias talking there.... though I do see the 80s and 90s as "the good ol' days" for when my generation was growing up.

Hooters waitress shows how much she makes in tips during a normal workday

In the TikTok, Fennelly counts her tips during an eight-hour shift.

Most of her tips are in the single digits, but she gets a few big boosts — including a regular who paid her $100 on Cash App after sitting at her table for “so long.”

When it was all said and done, Fennelly made $382 in tips.

43 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This is definitely true, my mom and her siblings grew up in an area called Plateau, Alabama next to these industrial plants. MANY ppl that grew up in that area were black and usually ended up with cancer.

That's how my auntie died, my mom recently had a scare but it turned out to be nothing. Shit still scares me tho cuz I used to spend alot of time there as a kid as well

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

This is definitely true, my mom and her siblings grew up in an area called Plateau, Alabama next to these industrial plants. MANY ppl that grew up in that area were black and usually ended up with cancer.

That's how my auntie died, my mom recently had a scare but it turned out to be nothing. Shit still scares me tho cuz I used to spend alot of time there as a kid as well

Honestly i thought he was gonna talk about something totally different. How theirs a lack of parks and trees in black and minority areas leading to potential health problems due to lack of air quality. But this is way way worse 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Honestly i thought he was gonna talk about something totally different. How theirs a lack of parks and trees in black and minority areas leading to potential health problems due to lack of air quality. But this is way way worse 

Holy shit, I never really payed attention to the trees thing and put it together. Gonna have to hit a few blocks this week to see if this checks out in the hoods