Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

296205062_5960332817390126_5830179766895

Depictions of breasts in comic books have changed over time, according to a recent study by PriceCharting.com. The website found that breast sizes of woman characters have increased 300% from the 1940s to the present day.

Comics were a lot more censored in the 40s because of what society wanted comics to be. There was even a comics code authority that they had to pass in order to make it into the mainstream and be successful. Has nothing to do with women’s bodies changing or having surgeries.

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

What were the first TV shows you ever remember watching?

G1 Transformers

GIJOE RAH 

Sesame Street 

Knight Rider 

A-team

Oh yeah, as one of the ancients around here... my first tv memories go WAY back:

Wonder Woman --besides Marilu I mentioned earlier, Lynda Carter was the other major hotness I first noticed, like holy SHIT who is that!?! 

Then we got...

The Jeffersons

Hart to Hart

The Fall Guy

Simon & Simon

Knight Rider

The first cartoons I would enjoy on a regular basis, besides Looney Tunes, ---- GI Joe, Dungeons & Dragons (*Saturday mornings on CBS; about 1983...remember that shit like it was yesterday), Inspector Gadget, Saturday Morning Supercade(Pacman, Q*bert, Donkey Kong, Kangaroo), Rubik the Amazing Cube...then a bit later there was Teen Wolf, and Muppet Babies.

*edit---but yeah, the very first things I remember watching was Wonder Woman and Taxi.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

This reminded me how fortunate I am to have the career that I have. Despite some of its challenges. And to never take it for granted. I'm doing these gig jobs right now till my start date this Monday.

And i will make sure to never be in a position to have to do gig work again. It's OK as extra income. But main income? That's rough.

On 7/29/2022 at 4:39 AM, DarkSakul said:

Funny in DnD groups how people are loosing their minds over the Honor among Theves trailer. So much nerd rage over people complaining that that scene is against Rules as Written (RAW). 

I think the teifling druid girl is cute and kicks ass. And her owlbear form "Doesn't care".

There people who are also upset that the Black Dragon is flying too fast despite they finally getting the breath weapon right (an acid spray instead of fire). 

Well, it's like this... Remember the live action Mortal Kombat movies and the live action Street Fighter movie? Enough said.

I actually liked the live action D&D movie in 2000.

Mortal Kombat from 1995 was MKII and MK lore accurate except for the part where Shang Tsung mind-controlled Hanzo and Bi Han to be partners instead of enemies and the whole creature coming out of the hand instead of a kunai spear

Edited by Jion_Wansu

Concert Cancelled Because White Performer Had Dreadlock Hair

169009.jpg

Reggae musicians performing at a bistro in the Swiss city of Bern had their performance cancelled after spectators accused the white musicians of cultural appropriation for having dreadlocks.

The German-speaking reggae group Lauwarm were scheduled to perform at the Brasserie Lorraine in Bern on Monday the 18th of July but the concert did not last long as patrons complained they were uncomfortable with the band.

The complaints allegedly stem from the fact that members of the band are white and wear their hair in the dreadlocks hairstyle, a style synonymous with reggae legend Bob Marley and others, as the patrons accused the musicians of “cultural appropriation,” 20 Minutes reports.

Others allegedly accused the musicians of not being legitimate to play the musical style as they were not Jamaicans themselves.

The organisers of the concert later apologised to “all the people in whom the concert caused bad feelings” and announced they would be holding a roundtable discussion in August on the topic of cultural appropriation.

Local politician Tom Berger of the Swiss Liberals (PLR), commented on the incident and the reaction of the patrons saying, “Frankly, if you feel ‘uncomfortable’ because white people make reggae music, could it be YOU are the problem?”

The incident comes just months after a climate protest in Germany cancelled the performance of a major performer at the event due to her also having a dreadlocks hairstyle.

Singer Ronja Maltzahn lost her chance to perform in front of the crowd as the organisers deemed her hairstyle too problematic stating, “White people should not wear dreadlocks as they are appropriating a part of another culture without experiencing the systematic oppression behind it.”

“So if a white person wears dreadlocks, then it’s cultural appropriation because we, as white people, don’t have to confront history or the collective trauma of oppression because of our privilege,” the group stated.

20173667-2949-486b-9033-e3e468bad1ca.jpe

52 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

169009.jpg

Reggae musicians performing at a bistro in the Swiss city of Bern had their performance cancelled after spectators accused the white musicians of cultural appropriation for having dreadlocks.

The German-speaking reggae group Lauwarm were scheduled to perform at the Brasserie Lorraine in Bern on Monday the 18th of July but the concert did not last long as patrons complained they were uncomfortable with the band.

The complaints allegedly stem from the fact that members of the band are white and wear their hair in the dreadlocks hairstyle, a style synonymous with reggae legend Bob Marley and others, as the patrons accused the musicians of “cultural appropriation,” 20 Minutes reports.

Others allegedly accused the musicians of not being legitimate to play the musical style as they were not Jamaicans themselves.

The organisers of the concert later apologised to “all the people in whom the concert caused bad feelings” and announced they would be holding a roundtable discussion in August on the topic of cultural appropriation.

Local politician Tom Berger of the Swiss Liberals (PLR), commented on the incident and the reaction of the patrons saying, “Frankly, if you feel ‘uncomfortable’ because white people make reggae music, could it be YOU are the problem?”

The incident comes just months after a climate protest in Germany cancelled the performance of a major performer at the event due to her also having a dreadlocks hairstyle.

Singer Ronja Maltzahn lost her chance to perform in front of the crowd as the organisers deemed her hairstyle too problematic stating, “White people should not wear dreadlocks as they are appropriating a part of another culture without experiencing the systematic oppression behind it.”

“So if a white person wears dreadlocks, then it’s cultural appropriation because we, as white people, don’t have to confront history or the collective trauma of oppression because of our privilege,” the group stated.

This stuff regarding appropriation is starting to bug me because it feels like people are making this a black and white issue with no nuance.  I get how people can be upset about stuff like this but most of the anger stems from people taking "black" culture and either white washing it or not paying respects to where it comes from right?  This is the basic concept of appropriation as far as I understand it so if I'm wrong on this then please correct me.  So we have a missed opportunity for people who seem to like the culture and were actually going to perform at at an event for the culture while wearing a culturally appropriate hairstyle.  I don't quite understand where the full anger is coming from and they don't even get a chance to judge whether they were good or not because people just gatekeeped them out before even giving them a chance.  This is for me is like if Dre never gave Em a chance purely because of how he looked or they didn't give that black woman the opportunity to river dance  (which people did give her shit for mind you) .  Rven reminds me of people shitting on the white guy who was performing for Ghost of Tsushima E3 presentation despite him apparently being one of the best performers of the Shakuhachi.

18 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

And i will make sure to never be in a position to have to do gig work again. It's OK as extra income. But main income? That's rough.

Same. I have found the best way to achieve financial freedom is not to depend on anybody else. And trading the markets has led me to that. I was doing some Forex but I am switching to scalping the Futures market soon. Tomorrow actually. Scalping is not my favorite thing, but you can make money faster.

If I remember right, you look at the financial markets, no? You might find these videos interesting

https://www.scalpthemarkets.com/free-workshop?cid=19eafeda-6273-405f-a743-b77b5df0ede2

https://www.scalpthemarkets.com/blog/600-in-15-minutes-scalping-the-dow-jones

https://www.scalpthemarkets.com/blog/how-to-make-a-quick-500-by-scalping-in-2-minutes?cid=19eafeda-6273-405f-a743-b77b5df0ede2

Check out, you may find it useful for making extra $$$ @DoctaMario

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

169009.jpg

These are the same type of people who booed Stevie Ray Vaughan when he first played the Montreux Festival in 1982 because he was a white guy playing blues, utterly on fire at that gig, and being met with a bunch of boos by these cracker assholes. And I'd bet most of these folks live in places that have done nothing but appropriate stuff from other places since their countries' cultural heydays have long passed.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

This stuff regarding appropriation is starting to bug me because it feels like people are making this a black and white issue with no nuance.  I get how people can be upset about stuff like this but most of the anger stems from people taking "black" culture and either white washing it or not paying respects to where it comes from right?  This is the basic concept of appropriation as far as I understand it so if I'm wrong on this then please correct me.  So we have a missed opportunity for people who seem to like the culture and were actually going to perform at at an event for the culture while wearing a culturally appropriate hairstyle.  I don't quite understand where the full anger is coming from and they don't even get a chance to judge whether they were good or not because people just gatekeeped them out before even giving them a chance.  This is for me is like if Dre never gave Em a chance purely because of how he looked or they didn't give that black woman the opportunity to river dance  (which people did give her shit for mind you) .  Rven reminds me of people shitting on the white guy who was performing for Ghost of Tsushima E3 presentation despite him apparently being one of the best performers of the Shakuhachi.

What's funny about it is that this is happening in Switzerland. For starters I wasn't expecting this American bullshit to happen in Switzerland, but aside from that: a) I don't think there's much of a black population in Switzerland to get potentially offended over dreadlocks so this is probably 100% pretentious white people wanting to be offended, and b) the Swiss are notoriously racist toward Italian immigrants, I heard Muslims have it worse, and I think they should probably focus more on addressing that sort of stuff instead of pulling bullshit over hairstyles.

This silly nonsense has continued to fester and spread from the American Ivory Tower of Academia and I think it's so ridiculous that tax dollars fund this stupid bullshit.  I'm personally 100% in favor of cutting all of this funding and watching these institutions collapse.

Edited by J-ride

ha, I thought everything, especially songs would be easy to find on youtube but apparently not... I thought of this old hilarious song by Anal Cunt called "I Like Eating Shit" and tried looking it up a little while ago... and it was nowhere in sight.  ...but yeah, haha that one is a classic.  I'll have to make sure it's backed up then... I have it as an mp3 saved somewhere.  I found it back in the glorious Limewire days.

25 minutes ago, MillionX said:

ha, I thought everything, especially songs would be easy to find on youtube but apparently not... I thought of this old hilarious song by Anal Cunt called "I Like Eating Shit" and tried looking it up a little while ago... and it was nowhere in sight.  ...but yeah, haha that one is a classic.  I'll have to make sure it's backed up then... I have it as an mp3 saved somewhere.  I found it back in the glorious Limewire days.

Back then I mentioned the title of one of their songs to a girl and she laughed

"You're pregnant, so I kicked you in the stomach"

4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

This is the problem with radical leftism. It's disgusting how judgemental and offensive those people have become. Who the fuck are they to judge a performer's appearance? Don't like it? Go the fuck home.

What's ironic is that these same people are ok with men becoming women, but god forbid a white dude with dreads wanting to practice Rastafarian beliefs. 😂

this youtuber here "Chrissie" ripped into this dumb "bonnets" nonsense hard and I'm loving every minute of it...

Howie Mandel Yes GIF by America's Got Talent

and yeah... an otherwise attractive woman---if the first time I see her, she has that ridiculous looking bullshit on her head... she has immediately disqualified herself in my mind.  I'm not sure they even realize just how ugly it is; they clearly just have bad taste.  These broads look fuckin SILLY... and every other negative term you can think of.  They look like Little Goombas from Super Mario Bros....then they probably wonder why they continue to stay at the bottom rank and will be there for the rest of time.

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

This is the problem with radical leftism. It's disgusting how judgemental and offensive those people have become. Who the fuck are they to judge a performer's appearance? Don't like it? Go the fuck home.

What's ironic is that these same people are ok with men becoming women, but god forbid a white dude with dreads wanting to practice Rastafarian beliefs. 😂

I feel this so. I mentioned that to someone that you're ok with one thing, but when it's culturally relevant to you, then it's a problem. 

Sidenote-

Radical Left and Right Wing may have been one of the more memorable characters in Venture Bros. 

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

and yeah... an otherwise attractive woman---if the first time I see her, she has that ridiculous looking bullshit on her head... she has immediately disqualified herself in my mind.  I'm not sure they even realize just how ugly it is; they clearly just have bad taste.  These broads look fuckin SILLY... and every other negative term you can think of.  They look like Little Goombas from Super Mario Bros....then they probably wonder why they continue to stay at the bottom rank and will be there for the rest of time.

It's amusing how dumb women's fashion looks when men wear it.  When dudes wear capri or yoga pants that shit looks fucking silly.  🤣