Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Hahahaha, here we go, folks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pop-star-demi-lovato-adds-sheher-to-preferred-pronouns-again/ar-AA10eOHn

I had some suspicions about this one for a while... always wondering if she's just plain weird OR if she was just riding the bandwagon to stay relevant.  It's tough to trust what any celebrity says at any given moment since they tend to be attention whores by default... so I'm not even sure which one is the case.

...and yeah I'd still pounce that fine ass without question.  She should take care to keep that weight under control though...it seems like she has fatso tendencies.  Of course the comments section is going to be gold....this one already jumped out at me:

Sooo last year when her album was going to release, she goes by “they/them”

Now a year later when another album is gonna release, she goes back to “she/her”

This is just a marketing tactic for her album!! It gets people talking about her, so people will listen to her album.

yeah, folks... some of these celebs are just hopping on the bandwagon...it would be funny if we had a way to prove which ones are frauds.

6 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

why the hell would we need to call that guy "her" when he is clearly a dude. If some guy starts identifying as a god, do are you going to call him lord now because he wants to be called that?

You don't have to do so. It's a respect thing. Let's be honest though, there is a certain level of reverence for that statement. Being called a "god" vs. being called "she" are not the same. There are levels to this. Note that people are honestly free to deny your said assertion.

what about a white person who says he is now black

See the last sentence. 

I am black

How does that feel?

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, J-ride said:

When I was younger I hated Jenny but now that I am older I actually think it's a good twist on the typical Hollywood story to have a woman who can't be saved.

Yea that's a nice twist, would have been really easy to wrap that last 15 minutes up with a pretty pink bow, instead they went the direction that is true to life. 

That's what I love about Jenny. She's a very accurate representation of the shit people went through during that time. She got beat by her father as a child and no mention of a mother so that's her example of love growing up. It's why when Forest is gentle with her she gets scared and doesn't know what to do, but when Forest knocks out Black Panther asshole she defends the asshole. He hits her like her dad did. That's "love" for her. It's not even like it's something she can figure out how to deal with really either, like she could go to therapy but he probably hits his wife, it's the 60s, so he's not gonna help her with her Daddy issiues, shit he'll probably reinforce them. 

Then you toss in the rampant drug use going on at the time and total lack of knowledge about needle sharing and Jenny ends up coming out as a pretty multifaceted character despite being pretty shallow and simple to understand as a person. She's arguably the most believable character in the entire movies, she's extremely human, while Forest in many ways is not. He's rather super human honestly. 

And then in the tragic twist of fate that is real life she got her shit together just time to for it to be too late to really matter and two people suffer for it in the long run. She figured it out and got it together with just enough time to leave her kid with the one person who actually showed her real love. The one person who will take care of her child with absolutely 0 animosity, bitterness or ill will....and then she died. 

Brilliant movie imo. 

Edited by RSG3

^haha, little bro spit some truth and his sisters weren't ready for it.  That name, btw----it's such an odd thing to me that a person wouldn't just change it if there's another famous person out there already that happens to have a very similar name.  Typically, the newer celeb would just change theirs.  If not, then there will always be that moment of confusion when anyone is speaking about the newer celeb.  Any time she's brought up, most people still are thinking "Halle Berry" at first....until they're like ",...OH...you mean that other girl..."

*edit---here's another example in recent years, though both are not *major* stars like Halle Berry---- Peyton List.  There's actually 2 actresses with that name that have been on a few tv shows... I think the older one was on The Tomorrow People on CW, and the other one was born in 98.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0514228/

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2572554/

That shit is weird man...I would've just changed my name to avoid being confused with the other person.  Plenty of celebs through history have changed what their "stage" name is for various reasons.

This episode of Jack Benny that's on right now features Carol Burnett... she was such a cutie in her younger days...one of the first "unusually attractive" women I noticed on tv way back in the day; I first saw her on her own show back then.  Anyway, she had that "dorky/silly girl" appeal that works for me...the red hair and niiiiice legs also helps, of course.

Oh that reminds me again----so if they did a biopic about Carol Burnett anytime soon... I wonder which black actress would play her? 😆  Also---imagine when they do a remake/reboot of that AMC show "Into the Badlands" in a few years....yep we all know what will happen to The Widow character since she's a redhead too.... we all know what happens there, as per the rules:

Black Girl Ok GIF

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yea Jenny is pretty trash....but thats kind of the point. Generational Trauma, she has no fucking clue what real love even is. 

Definitely I get why she was that way even tho I dislike her actions, she definitely ain't a shallow character. And the irony is she was trying to convince Forest he didn't know what love was when it was really her who didn't know 

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Still as good as it was when I saw it as a kid

8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Definitely I get why she was that way even tho I dislike her actions, she definitely ain't a shallow character. And the irony is she was trying to convince Forest he didn't know what love was when it was really her who didn't know 

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Still as good as it was when I saw it as a kid

Someone in my feed posted that this movie is revisionist . It's become a thing to hate things. 

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Next generation is coming correct. Soon there will be no more simpin in these streets

When she started speaking that BS

e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bes

51 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

and people are mad about this. . . 

Am I reading this right? The state of Georgia will hand out 3000 bucks to anyone with an "unborn child" or whatever sensationalist trash they call them?

Are republicans so serious about countering abortion that they've been forced into doing the unthinkable and unspeakable: expanding welfare and economically support families and/or single parents?

That's some fucked up shit right there!

They must be really desperate.

10 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Am I reading this right? The state of Georgia will hand out 3000 bucks to anyone with an "unborn child" or whatever sensationalist trash they call them?

Are republicans so serious about countering abortion that they've been forced into doing the unthinkable and unspeakable: expanding welfare and economically support families and/or single parents?

That's some fucked up shit right there!

They must be really desperate.

Yup. Many of my conservative friends are calling this a joke yet the State is honoring the "fetal heartbeat". It's put you in a corner where a benefit extended to parents has now been expanded. 

"When you pray for the rain, you gotta deal with the mud too"

-Robert McCall (The Equalizer)

55 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The state of Georgia will hand out 3000 bucks to anyone with an "unborn child" or whatever sensationalist trash they call them?

Not exactly.

It's a tax exemption, not a tax credit.  All that means is that the claimant would pay their Georgia state income tax as if they made $3000 less than what they actually made that year.

So that's no help to poor people, who generally owe little to no income tax anyway.  And it only works out to a savings of $172.50 for people at Georgia's highest income tax bracket (5.75%).

Edited by Reticently
8 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

You don't have to do so. It's a respect thing. Let's be honest though, there is a certain level of reverence for that statement. Being called a "god" vs. being called "she" are not the same. There are levels to this. Note that people are honestly free to deny your said assertion.

See the last sentence. 

How does that feel?

Actually, we are  force or at least politicized to do so in todays society because leftist snowflakes will label you whatever if you do not acknowledge a persons desired gender. As with your level thing, the point was about identity but if "reverence" is your claim for being a difference then lets go down, what about a grown man who is 50 years old identifying as 8 year old, biologically he is 50 but mentally or whatever he claims he feels on the inside "he is 8"? Why can't that be acknowledged while a biological man who claims his gender is female on the inside (his head) can? 

Edited by zatalcon3
24 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Actually, we are  force or at least politicized to do so in todays society because leftist snowflakes will label you whatever if you do not acknowledge a persons desired gender. As with your level thing, the point was about identity but if "reverence" is your claim for being a difference then lets go down, what about a grown man who is 50 years old identifying as 8 year old, biologically he is 50 but mentally or whatever he claims he feels on the inside "he is 8"? Why can't that be acknowledged while a biological man who claims his gender is female on the inside (his head) can? 

The point of reverence is exactly that. If you are 50 and say you're 8. Someone could identify as that, but most would look at it as asinine. The key is the word you used; gender. Gender and sex are not the same. 

I am genuinely curious about where that line is for people... specifically those on the far left in terms of general ideology, of course.  I wonder if for some they draw the line at things that are completely imaginary---like if a dude is walking around saying "I'm a Dark Elf from Skyrim!" or "...and I'm an Orc!", would they say that's ridiculous because as far as we know...those species don't exist (unfortunately) in our world.  Would they be more accepting of a person saying "I identify as a snake." since those creatures happen to be real things.  Or.... do they *only* let gender be the acceptable one but everything else like age, species, race/ethnicity, etc. is insane.. if so, why not?  It's fun to observe whatever their thought process is on this sort of thing.  

...heh, that brought back some Skyrim memories for me though... my first character was an Orc who of course would go on to become a badass vampire lord.

23 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I dunno how regularit is I just get pings from time to time from people in that discord about Megashock and it's almost always related to a convo Drizzt is in, in some fashion or another. Only time I get pinged from that discord and it isn't about politics from Mega or something it's Shaft Agent asking how I'm doing since we still talk from time to time. Otherwise it's pretty much always Megashock related in some way. 

He likes to ping me on that discord to accuse me of being a spy and throw homophobic slurs my way. I have no idea why he thinks the former but I refuse to waste time on that kind of bullshit

Goddamn Emily Compagno is on "Outnumbered" on Fox right now looking even hotter than she does normally.... it's just insane how good this girl looks right now.... this is the show with the big curvy couch so there will be the occasional wide shot where we can see all that wonderful leg meat.

*she has a sleeveless outfit on too, and the arms are looking toned up like she's been hitting the gym lately.  Nice.  Other women need to take notes.

See, they know what's up.  The suits behind Fox know what to do in terms of the eye-candy.  Meanwhile, the fools at MSNBC put women like Joy Reid or Rachel Maddow on your screen 🤣  It's not even close and probably never will be.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Someone in my feed posted that this movie is revisionist . It's become a thing to hate things. 

When she started speaking that BS

e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bes

Women say this bullshit CONSTANTLY.  I have probably met 5 women my whole life who actually sought out good men, and they were all wifed up by 25/26 and had husbands with the QUICKNESS.  

The funniest event where I witnessed woman double speak/double think was when we had a 6ft4inch CHAD start at my work about two years ago.  He unapologetically called himself a womanizer, and womanized most of my department.  The chicks giggled when he introduced himself that way but 6 months later the HOES WERE MAD.  One of the chicks even sacrificed her marriage for the chance at Chad and ended up with nothing.  

I just sat back like this:

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by J-ride
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Goddamn Emily Compagno is on "Outnumbered" on Fox right now looking even hotter than she does normally.... it's just insane how good this girl looks right now.... this is the show with the big curvy couch so there will be the occasional wide shot where we can see all that wonderful leg meat.

*she has a sleeveless outfit on too, and the arms are looking toned up like she's been hitting the gym lately.  Nice.  Other women need to take notes.

See, they know what's up.  The suits behind Fox know what to do in terms of the eye-candy.  Meanwhile, the fools at MSNBC put women like Joy Reid or Rachel Maddow on your screen 🤣  It's not even close and probably never will be.

You can always tell when ratings dip on fox because the women's skirts get super short.  I still remember one of the business analysts on fox would show "accidental" panty shots, that shit was WIIIILLLLLDDD.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

He likes to ping me on that discord to accuse me of being a spy and throw homophobic slurs my way. I have no idea why he thinks the former but I refuse to waste time on that kind of bullshit

He just does that to me on the forum, thankfully he hasn't pinged me for that kinda dumb fuck nonsense on discord. 

Spying...lmao 

4 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The point of reverence is exactly that. If you are 50 and say you're 8. Someone could identify as that, but most would look at it as asinine. The key is the word you used; gender. Gender and sex are not the same. 

The whole "gender and sex are not the same" is bullshit made by the left. It seems the word just changed for this new generation in where sex is what someone really is and gender is what someone wants to be accepted/viewed as. 

Do animals have a gender? When I go to a pet store and request for male hamsters, will I be given male hamsters or just biologically male hamsters whose genders are female?

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

Do animals have a gender? When I go to a pet store and request for male hamsters, will I be given male hamsters or just biologically male hamsters whose genders are female?

No you're given a male hamster as identified by it's sex (biological). Gender is a social construct usually based on appearance. Cycle back to the 1700s and wigs, tights, and high heels were all considered part of the male dress code. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Medically, gender and sex have been seperate topics for decades actually. 

Exactly. Because if you go to the hospital they need to know your anatomy as to why you are there (e.g., identify as male but being treated for ovarian cysts). I have a friend of mine who works in the health informatics space and its become very apparent that SEX is the operant wording. 

17 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

and what is your point? It's still bullshit made by the left

The point is that the two aren't the same. 

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

and what is your point? 

I believe my point is that it's a lot older then you claim it is and has a lot science, decades of it, backing it up. It's pretty simple point to understand. Not sure what your malfunction is with understanding that the medical community has separated the two for decades. 

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I believe my point is that it's a lot older then you claim it is and has a lot science, decades of it, backing it up. It's pretty simple point to understand. Not sure what your malfunction is with understanding that the medical community has separated the two for decades. 

I never gave a timeline on that, so where is this "it is a lot older than you claim coming from"? Stay in context and stop misrepresenting. There is no science at all for it. It's all leftist political bullshit. Biology is fact, a persons beliefs is not.  Gender was only redefined to give the left an excuse as to why their bitching should be taken of scientific fact. 

Edited by zatalcon3

ha, so it got canceled already.  This series looked awful from the first trailer I saw of it....like the focus was wayyyy more on the relationship of those 2 characters than anything else, and fuck that.

and yes, Vampire Diaries also focused on relationships of the characters, BUT the supernatural aspect of things was still a major selling point, at least for me...and that part of it was perfectly done.  It also helped that the girls on TVD were all way hotter than what I notice going on with this show.

Edited by MillionX