Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Another food that's tough to resist--- bread from the bakery section.  I made the "mistake" of getting that yesterday.... "Wholesome Harvest", 9 grain & seed bread.  This bread is so damn good it doesn't even need anything to go with it.  Good thing I don't have that sliced turkey meat I mentioned earlier; it would be all over.......with that turkey meat I could go through a whole loaf of this right now, easily.  

Oh yeah I had a box of croissants as well... yeah that whole box is already gone.

Edited by MillionX
8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Yeah that dude definitely looks like a guy who has probably had to pay for sex, but accusing him passively of being a rapist because you don't agree with his politics? Nah.

Dang, I just thought it was some funny shit, man. Sorry it struck a nerve with you. I thought she was referring to the statutory rape allegations against him. But whatever. I just saw that shit online and it made me laugh.  Rapey McForehead 😂 I honestly have no idea who that bitch is.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Dang, I just thought it was some funny shit, man. Sorry it struck a nerve with you. I thought she was referring to the statutory rape allegations against him. But whatever. I just saw that shit online and it made me laugh.  Rapey McForehead 😂 I honestly have no idea who that bitch is.

I just think low key rape allegations are bad. Like, yeah, the nickname is humerous, but the fact that she's accusing the dude of rape with no receipts just overshadows any humor there imo. Not to say you're wrong or bad for laughing, just that accusing people of crimes because you don't like them is shit and needs to stop across the board.

From the Power Rangers Official youtube channel; they're streaming all of Jungle Fury today:

sheeeeittt, my dream Power Rangers game is still 1 or both of these things:

• Dynasty Warriors style action, with the entire cast from Morphin to present day...all playable.
  • Sidescrolling beatemup, but at least with the quality of modern beatemups, like Fight N Rage or that new TMNT...also with ALL Rangers in the show's history as playable/unlockable.  

Characters start off in plain/human form but of course may change right away to Ranger form, granting the expected bonuses to power and speed, and other abilities (like with SPD, Dino Thunder, etc. in some seasons they had extra abilities)  Perhaps getting too beat up knocks you out of Ranger form temporarily, then losing all health while just human means you die.  There's so much potential... it's a shame that all the PR games I've seen over the years have just not been up to par with my hopes and expectations.

Edited by MillionX
14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

but accusing him passively of being a rapist because you don't agree with his politics?

Did it somehow stop being common knowledge that this guy has been getting investigated for using venmo to pay a dude for a 17 year old prostitute yet?

Just because you paid somebody to find you a 17 year old to fuck doesn't make it any less statutory rapey. Kinda makes it more tbh.

So had to look up to see who Matt Gaetz is after all that and yea...

spacer.png

How can this guy not be a rapist? This is like the standard of the line look of dudes that pay for sex and have kids thrown into duffel bags for later. This man will be president of the Yankee Doodle one day. 👏

Also impressive is the amount of investigation going on with him and the fact he's a top tier republican. Dude is almost a trope of himself.

Its funny because people like black humour, it doesnt make us bad people, its just a thing. 

The second world war was like 70 years ago, it was tragic but the we have moved on. The anti defamation league and its ilk really needs to stfu when somebody makes a joke referencing the war, I dont think Atlantic Restaurant posted that joke because they want jews exterminated it was just hot af.

Actually the ADL should be really useful and prevent Ryan Reynolds from making shitty movies every 6 months, motherfucker is the new Adam Sandler and just as bad. Thats the best way they can stop people hating.

26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Good. Not because it was insensitive, but because it was inaccurate. Anne Frank didn’t die in an oven. 

If you’re trying to go for dark humor, at least be accurate or else you’ll look like a moron.

This is why I advocate for business to keep it professional, unless your line of work involves comedy, trying to be "relatable" by using humor, memes and societal causes always leads to troubles.

I don't need my bank posting memes, even if I find them funny or share the type of humor used.

ha, I noticed a post on FB asking "what advice would you give someone who is moving to Memphis?".... the temptation to go full roast mode is SO strong on there; sadly I must refrain.  At least it's fun to check the comments of other people taking the cheap shots at that "city" for me.  

Y'know... a frustrating thing is that I have a close friend from college that still lives there after all these years....and it's one of the few things we happen to disagree on.  He actually enjoys living there for some crazy reason.  I wrote it all off as a giant lost cause a long time ago.... it's trash.  It's like Gotham City but without Batman and 1000x worse.  I doubt even prolonged doses of "gentrification" can save it.  Think of every negative stereotype you can imagine.... oh yeah, it's ALL of that and more, and there's no hope for the future there.  

...basically, if that "city" were a person, I'd have no problem torturing the son of a bitch to death, and I'd make sure their torment is as slow and thorough as possible.  Then...once it was finally dead, I'd set the corpse on fire and let it burn forever, until there is nothing left of the body.

Edited by MillionX

@MillionXout here reliving his gang rape memories. Only thing I can think of relating to Memphis is Elvis Presley. So yea must be pretty bad. 

In other news seems Hollywood is fucking up again...

spacer.png

Just started watching the show and these black Wesker kids are running around and am thinking "hmmm well he did go to Africa..." and I watch the show long enough for it to hit me. Hes been blacked. 🙈

Nothing against the show at all, am enjoying it so far but why? Why the hell do they need to keep doing this? Is diversity just some tool that is used too piss off fans of the source material because its hard to take anything else away from it. 

12 minutes ago, Crucades said:

@MillionXout here reliving his gang rape memories. Only thing I can think of relating to Memphis is Elvis Presley. So yea must be pretty bad. 

In other news seems Hollywood is fucking up again...

spacer.png

Just started watching the show and these black Wesker kids are running around and am thinking "hmmm well he did go to Africa..." and I watch the show long enough for it to hit me. Hes been blacked. 🙈

Nothing against the show at all, am enjoying it so far but why? Why the hell do they need to keep doing this? Is diversity just some tool that is used too piss off fans of the source material because its hard to take anything else away from it. 

Wesker being black is no where near an issue about that show.  Lance being Wesker is actually the best thing about that show.   If Wesker was played by white guy or whoever with equal acting chops of Lance then it still wouldn't have made the show as a whole any better so I find it strange if people keep pointing this about the race swap in that show when that show has WAAAAYYY BIGGER REAL ISSUES than this.

20 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Wesker being black is no where near an issue about that show.  Lance being Wesker is actually the best thing about that show.   If Wesker was played by white guy or whoever with equal acting chops of Lance then it still wouldn't have made the show as a whole any better so I find it strange if people keep pointing this about the race swap in that show when that show has WAAAAYYY BIGGER REAL ISSUES than this.

It's the most obvious symptom to point to so it gets the most press. 

Ole Blade from Wish ass lookin mutha fucka. 

Edited by RSG3

Oh yeah, "blackening" has become an acceptable form of discrimination... I suppose the ultra lefties and 99% of Black people are ok with it because of all the Whitewashing in the past....since y'know... 2 wrongs are always the correct way to making a right.  There's always some little excuse thrown out if it's really challenged too, by some "ACTUALLY....." aloof ComicBookGuy-sounding muthafucka.  "welllllll the character isn't really human soooo" or "the character's actually a mythical deity soooooooo..." and so on and so on.  Few people are actually interested in fairness and visually accurate representations of a character anymore, since "payback" and various agendas got in the way of all that.

Well, fortunately for casting directors out there, their jobs have become 1000% easier, since no one has to look right for the part anymore, and there's the redhead = "needs a black actor" rule as well.  The thing that surprised me though was when we got an actual historical person being race-swapped with that Anne Boleyn miniseries.  I guess one has to admit that took some measure of balls to take this shit that far.  There's no "ummm actually..."  weasel ass argument anymore at that point when you're talking about real people in history.  So if we're to be fair then I suppose it's alright that a guy like Ben Affleck could be cast to play Sammy Davis Jr. in a biopic., and then we get Margaret Cho to play Michelle Obama some day, as Viola Davis gets to play Jackie O. Kennedy, and Mickey Rourke is Steve Urkel in a reboot of Family Matters, because hey it's a new progressive era where anyone can be anyone, whether it's fictional or not.  It's all fine and makes perfect sense. 🤣

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Actually it epitomizes what's the wrong with the show. They were more concerned about checking a diversity box than producing a quality show. The worst part of it, Resident Evil has a multitude of characters to pull from that make such a race swap diversity check box cash in of a show unnecessary. Make an RE show with I don't know Leon, Ada, Carlos, and Sheva. There you go. White, Asian, Latino, and Black. No race swap required. Of course crafting such a show that would have a reasonable reason for these group of characters to work together would have took effort and yes...effort. We wouldn't want any of that now would we. 🙄

55 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Actually it epitomizes what's the wrong with the show. They were more concerned about checking a diversity box than producing a quality show. The worst part of it, Resident Evil has a multitude of characters to pull from that make such a race swap diversity check box cash in of a show unnecessary. Make an RE show with I don't know Leon, Ada, Carlos, and Sheva. There you go. White, Asian, Latino, and Black. No race swap required. Of course crafting such a show that would have a reasonable reason for these group of characters to work together would have took effort and yes...effort. We wouldn't want any of that now would we. 🙄

Yes the race swap is unnecessary, I'm just saying that Lance is actually still regardless the best thing about that show and regardless of whether they made Wesker as he was written in this show...White, Asian, Indian, Native American, Mexican with the same acting chops as Lance that it would not have mattered because Wesker would have still been the one piece of gold in a pile of shit.  That's what I'm getting at.  I know people don't like race swaps if they can help it, hell I even said before that if given the choice I'd rather people do a Miles Morales then make Peter Parker black but in this instance Lance being Wesker is the best part of the show.  There's way more things, WORST things that are actually wrong with show then just a character that didn't need to be race swapped being race swapped.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Yes the race swap is unnecessary, I'm just saying that Lance is actually still regardless the best thing about that show and regardless of whether the made Wesker as he was written in this show...White, Asian, Indian, Native American, Mexican with the same acting chops as Lance that it would not have mattered because Wesker would have still been the one piece of gold in a pile of shit.  That's what I'm getting at.  I know people don't like race swaps if they can help it, hell I even said before that if given the choice I'd rather people do a Miles Morales then make Peter Parker black but in this instance Lance being Wesker is the best part of the show.  There's way more things, WORST things that are actually wrong with show then just a character that didn't need to be race swapped being race swapped.

That's the thing though. This is basically the norm. Put out a shit show, race swap characters, and then when people say the show is trash. They are being "racist." The more time passes by, the more I hate Ghostbusters 2016 because that was the film that seemed to start the frequent use of this tactic. I'm over it and a lot of people are. I'm done with creatively bankrupt hacks. I'm long over just being happy to see a black face on TV. Stop pandering and start producing something worth watching.

I remember watching The Dark Tower and Idris Elba was the best thing about that movie even though Roland is absolutely not black. In fact, Deta Walker calls him a honky and race is a big issue between them in the early books. It was fucking stupid to make Roland black. Absolute nonsense. And yet, Idris was still the best part of that piece of shit movie. Better than McConaughey as the man in black, which was actually decent casting. 

Edited by Chadouken

Being ok with a race swap because you like the actor is pretty stupid. Like just don't mess with source material or go full China and just rip a story off and make the characters wtf colour you want.

I just found out about this show as I was surfing Netflix and doing a quick Google it seems all the buzz is about the race swap which is pretty poor considering the show isnt all that bad judging from the 4 episodes I've seen so far.

Resident Evil movies have set the bar so low as it make expectations non existent so that could be a factor...

Can't wait to see Indian Chris Redfield 🤞

3 minutes ago, Crucades said:

Being ok with a race swap because you like the actor is pretty stupid. Like just don't mess with source material or go full China and just rip a story off and make the characters wtf colour you want.

You can have a problem with race swapping and still acknowledge that the actor in question gives a hell of a performance. It's not mutually exclusive, and some productions have way more issues than casting a black guy for a white character. 

When TV shows of the 1980's/1990's were dying, it was a common practice to add an original black male character to the cast.

Exhibit A:  RC3 in Season 4 of Knight Rider (Peter Parros)  (1985-1986)

He was a Chicago native who was a vigilante of sorts.

He also helped Bonnie rebuild KITT in the Season 4 premiere after he was destroyed by the Juggernaut vehicle.

MV5BYzdkM2UxYTQtYjAyOS00YWIwLThlNTUtMGVj

Exhibit B:  Carter   (1987 TMNT series)  (Season 9-10 / 1995-1996)

He would mutate into a yellow monstrous form randomly. The TMNT would also suffer from a similar condition.

ngcb1

8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You can have a problem with race swapping and still acknowledge that the actor in question gives a hell of a performance. It's not mutually exclusive, and some productions have way more issues than casting a black guy for a white character. 

Ok I'll bite. I agree that you can give an actor probs for his performance despite not cast properly, that's sensible since it's all about the acting.

My rebuttal is this tho, what shows have more problems than their race swap? My own opinion being that any show that does a race swap does so only with established characters and doing so hurts not only the lore but the other all enjoyment of said media not through any racist undertones but just being pissed off that such a change was made in the first place.

Lance Reddick is not a great actor btw, he was cool in the John Wick movies but he's dead down the line average at best. Whoever plays Jade Wesker is fronting this show. You can not be annoyed that they turned Nazi Ayran true blood Wesker into a black guy cause reasons just because the man does a cool angry about.

Would you be cool if they did Superman staring Denzel Washington? How about Danny Glover as Bruce Wayne? How about Tom Hanks as Black Lightning? Tom Hardy starring as Static Shock anyone?

17 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

When TV shows of the 1980's/1990's were dying, it was a common practice to add an original black male character to the cast.

Same shit happened with the FGC. When the scene was dying during the late 90s, early 00s, that's when all the black people were at the most playing. Now that it's more popular and mainstream, white people feel safe being a part of it.

😮

Just now, Crucades said:

My rebuttal is this tho, what shows have more problems than their race swap? My own opinion being that any show that does a race swap does so only with established characters and doing so hurts not only the lore but the other all enjoyment of said media not through any racist undertones but just being pissed off that such a change was made in the first place.

I don't disagree with this at all. In fact, in the example I gave, Stephen King specifically wrote Roland as a white Gunslinger and his race and interactions with other characters had a big impact on the story. When I first heard Elba was cast as Roland, I was like, wtf? But after watching the movie I decided that his performance was the only saving grace from that movie. The Dark Tower had WAY more issues than the race swap. Most notably trying to force multiple thousands of pages into an 80 minute movie.

4 minutes ago, Crucades said:

Lance Reddick is not a great actor btw,

Blasphemy. He was excellent as Lt. Daniels. Yeah, Zavala might be a little weak, but that's Bungie's fault, not Lance's. 

And if I recall correctly, wasn't there a black Superman at one point, after Superman died?

18 minutes ago, Crucades said:

Ok I'll bite. I agree that you can give an actor probs for his performance despite not cast properly, that's sensible since it's all about the acting.

Lance Reddick is not a great actor btw, he was cool in the John Wick movies but he's dead down the line average at best. Whoever plays Jade Wesker is fronting this show. You can not be annoyed that they turned Nazi Ayran true blood Wesker into a black guy cause reasons just because the man does a cool angry about.

Would you be cool if they did Superman staring Denzel Washington? How about Danny Glover as Bruce Wayne? How about Tom Hanks as Black Lightning? Tom Hardy starring as Static Shock anyone?

Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

....I can't even....Ok so I'm going to first come at this from a different angle cause I can't objectively say much about the actresses that play Jade Wesker before and after the apocalypse because this show is the only one where I've seen both of them.  Now...that being said this show really does not feel like it's letting them put their best foot forward in terms of acting especially through the script.  Most people find Jade unlikeable to down right unbearable and unfortunately I'm in that camp.  So are you saying you actually like Jade in this show? 

Lance Reddick is awesome. The issue is mostly whether or not he'll get the roles for it. Sort of like Giancarlo Esposito. He was amazing as Gus Fring in Breaking Bad. Then you watch him in some wack ass C tier show like Revolution and you go: "Holy shit, the guy is just amazing period. Why is he in this bullshit?" But then you appreciate that at it worst, the show at least has him being an awesome actor.

By the way Revolution was a terrible ass show. If you live in Texas, the show is comically bad because it has motherfuckers walking 500 miles from one day to the next and then doing it again for shits and giggles. One of the character is fat at the beginning of the show, based on all the travel they mention in it, he must've walked easily 2,000 miles in one season, and some how stayed fat the whole fucking time.  World got no electricity, no fast food, his ass has to walk everywhere, never bought new shoes and stayed fat the whole god damned fucking time.  Even with all that it still wasn't the stupidest thing that happened in it.

So please don't watch Revolution because it was awful. But do put Giancarlo Espositio, Lance Reddick and TBH Ian McShane too goes in there with people acting the fuck out of random shit.

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Now...that being said this show really does not feel like it's letting them put their best foot forward in terms of acting especially through the script.  Most people find Jade unlikeable to down right unbearable and unfortunately I'm in that camp.  So are you saying you actually like Jade in this show? 

I do lol, it's post apocalypse zombie nonsense, I find (and I gotta restate I have just started watching this shit) that she is the most believable character so far.

Like am at the point where some Umbrella fat guy is shaking like a dog taking a shit in a jail cell in one scene too going full John Woo dual akimbo slaying with machine guns against the hoarde the next. Like literally 30 seconds later.

Post Apoc Jade is handling things as close to how a normal person who had to deal with such nonsense would imo.

All the while being a strong independent black female 💪 

These are dark Mary Sue times my brother's gotta get onboard at some point. For real I think she's doing a good job I reserve the right to change my mind when I finish the season and reflect.

I feel like a ignorant dumbass that has lived under a rock all my life. It took a YouTube video about passports from weakest to strongest. For me to find out that the Oceania region of the world. Isn't just Australia and New Zealand.

There's a fuck ton of countries out there I never heard of till now. Like Tonga. And Fiji is out there. Glad I'm in the process of getting my passport. I really need to see the world.