Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So both characters and tournament mode on August 16th.

One step forward, two steps back.

That should've dropped right after Evo. Like c'mon guys. Making wait 2 weeks for this.  capcom pls!

SF6 needs to be "We don't show shit that's not ready to drop now".

5 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I wonder how that whole standing vs. crouching works. They talked about it as if it means she is doing more damage if you pick the "right" combo route depending on the opponent's state, so it'll be interesting to see how big of an increase it is.

Just from the footage it seems like her upkick special that launches probably whiffs on crouchers, but she's able to link after her shoulder special vs crouchers due to their wider hurtbox.

I do not know the move names, that's as precise as I can get.

Her tracksuit does look legit. We'll see how it goes. Let's see if we get some type of hint, spoiler, or reveal of the last character.

Unless SF5 is going to last another 3 years, tournament mode is kinda pointless. The thing already has a shifty netcode. Wtf are you really gonna do with it? The Dojo stuff was also basically a missed idea all around.

🤔

I'm gonna go throw out there that this is them previewing stuff for SF6. Otherwise its mostly shovelware for casuals. USF4 had the tournament mode stuff it went around untouched.

It looks like they're steering towards a New Challengers angle again with SF6. If Luke isn't some kind of leading figure for that game like Alex was for SFIII then I'd be very surprised after how they talked about him.

Can't say I'm too impressed by him though, neither visual style nor gameplay seems like the kind of stuff I'd enjoy.

2 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Luke looks like a KOF character.

hold up, don't be an asshole now. No way KoF makes douchy looking people like that.

This guy legit looks like he wears Metal Mulisha t-shirts and drinks Monsters on his way to the gym.

Luke legit looks like the guy at the party I wouldn't let my female friends alone with.

Luke drinks and drives four wheelers.

Luke looks like Conor McGregor's son.

Luke makes it a point in conversation that the Oakley sunglasses he bought were 500 dollars.

Luke hanging out with black friends and mispronuncing N words on purpose.

Best believe I'm gonna buy this guy and force people to look at his stupid ass in ranked. I don't care whether I win or lose, just playing him instantly trolls opponents.