Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

I appreciate Max’s efforts (and don’t think I haven’t tweeted the #FreeMVC2 hashtag a bunch of times already), but at any given moment on Twitter, you can search “MVC2” and see a bunch of people on various posts mentioning this game should be re-released. There was also a #BringBackMVC2 hashtag last year that had similar traction, and even Michael B Jordan in a fucking PS5 instagram ad, had to throw in “now we gotta find a way to bring back MVC2”. They’ve heard us, and they haven’t done shit. I don’t see it changing.

still going to tweet that damn hashtag though because I’d be happy as shit for this

2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Have it your way

I'm serious. Any new port of MvC2 needs to be done perfectly or none at all. Same goes for a lot of older games. If you're going to bring a classic back, it needs to have the best possible netcode and lobby system.

30th anniversary is pretty alright for having a bunch of roms. But the training modes are ass, the lobby system is terrible, the netcode is better than SF5 but not that great and the lobby system is fucking abysmal holy shit it makes early strive feel well put together.

They did some similar fuckery with the SamSho collection so nah, I rather not. Because the problem is that if they do a bad release, we just have a bad release forever. Capcom is not going to want to invest in doing a new version of something they can keep on steam for the next 20 years.

So that's where were at with it. I literally rather have nothing for the sake of somebody better coming along.

49 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Snip

Lets not forget that 30th also has the same problem from SFV where the input lag increases in cycles.

So much for "arcade perfect"

I remember how the dumbass of Zoo simply stopped posting because of that after defending the shody work on that game, since he knew he couldn't defend that shit.

Edited by Hecatom

If they actually re-release MvC2 they need to print a physical disc as well to avoid situations like this in the future. It'll be already hard enough for some current fighting games to stand the test of time when it comes to tournament presence as there are no complete offline versions due to all the DLC shenanigans. But if MvC2 releases online again it will just history repeating itself because Disney won't sign a deal for eternity.

They will have a really difficult time with that because of Disney and not really Capcom.

Marvel or Disney doesn't really care about a community. They have priorities and expect others just to adopt whatever they throw in.

Especially if they are really having something in the works with NRS.

MVC2 in fightcade is being the better.

It depends on whether they can make money with it. Recently there was a limited physical release of Zombies ate my Neighbors, which is a Disney game (via Lucasfilm), so they're not against it per se. Of course with MvC we have two rights holders, so that always makes it a tad more difficult.

Edited by delete_me

TBH, I don't see Marvel/Disney and Capcom being willing to do it.

Their last game was a failure, and from what we know, Marvel/Disney has become increasingly anal on how they interact and ask the licensees to handle their properties.

They are more interested on pushing characters that are relevant for the MCU than re re releasing an old game that will have a very small niche market to it.

Then we have Capcom, that will surely have to pay a considerable amount for the license of the chars, and due the nature on how Marvel/Disney handle the license of the ips/chars, it will surely be for a limited time frame, which will lead for the game to be delisted once again after a while.

I know that many people here love the game, but tbh, its popularity with the general public is very overestimated, even if both companies were willing to play ball, is very likely that they would see that is not really a good investment of money and resources.

Edited by Hecatom

Pressuring Capcom ain't gonna push anything, If Capcom is the one that would approach Disney, Disney would negotiate in a deal that isn't fairly good with Capcom.

The pressure should be on with  Marvel/Disney, So that this may be greenlighted.

If they push for Capcom vs SNK 2 that would probably work for both side because it's most is centered in FGC community circle.

The thing with Marvel/Disney, is that right now, outside mobile games and Sony's Spiderman games, the last games for consoles have bombed kind of hard.

I can't really see them being  that interested right now, since bad games, like it or not, end damaging the brand.

Another thing that people are overlooking, is the context of why Capcom re released MVC2.

It was as a way to gauge hype/promote hype for MVC3.

They didn't get the license just for MVC2, which is comprehensible.

Something similar happened for MVCI with UMVC3, where they re released UMVC3 since they got the licenses for MVCI.

The only silverlining i can see, is that maybe, if they still have access to the licenses due MVCI and UMVC3, they could work around that deal to make it happen, unless, the X-Man chars are considered a separate license that they will need to get (which is very likely, imo).

12 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I can’t speak on Tager but Bella feels way more fluid to me then Pot. Bella has real combos and basic mobility on top of her grabs. She feels like a real character in her game if that makes sense. 

Meanwhile characters like Pot and Gief have dogshit mobility and absolutely garbage combo options. Their kits feel completely segregated from the rest of the game. Playing them feels more like a punishment for having a strong grab than it does like a well character.

I also like Bella’s huge arsenal of armored attacks. 

Sorry, but to what Potemkin are you comparing?

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I rather see a re-release of MvC Origins. I rather have MSH and XvSF. 

By this point, it would be more sound to try to release a collection ala 30th anniversary, but that would take extra time and extra money.

Is ludicrous that to this day, we don't have a re release/port of the game that started all, Children of the Atom.

Even if most of the games are Kusoge, i think there would be more value for people if we were to get them all on a bundle, hell, it perhaps would have a better chance than just re re releasing mvc2.

21 hours ago, Jocelot said:

I honestly find it really worrisome that it takes one Twitter take to throw the community into chaos. 

SonicFox said he's a bit dissatisfied with Strive right now and suddenly FGC Twitter becomes the purge, like one opinion suddenly invalidates others. Or validates their own thoughts.

"I SAID STRIVE WAS TRASH FROM THE START!"

"NAH SONIC IS A SCRUB JUSTIN SAID ITS GOOD"

Like, what am I listening to lol. 

FGC has unhealthy levels of celebrity worship for top players that's not unlike the Smash community. A lot of people would be unironically Team Sonic Fox or Team Wong and you have to look at that and go "what the fuck, I thought we were here to play games ourselves." But then you remember that the "FGC" now includes people who don't or barely play so they just meme or take shots at other people who actually DO play. 

26 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

FGC has unhealthy levels of celebrity worship for top players that's not unlike the Smash community.

Remember when dickriding was met with MASSIVE clowning? Or when the celebrity worship was a big difference between Smash and the FGC?

On the plus side though, props to you for not hating for the sake of hating. When  it came to the new SamSho, you always gave out good explanations about what and why you liked and didn't like about the game.

There are so many good discussion to be had about game mechanics and what they mean for gameplay and twitter doesn't really encourage those.

7IEPokl.png

Get outta here with that young people nonsense and show me characters fighting each other.

(Overall I left mostly positive feedback, it's a good format. Could have done without the "live commentary" from Vicious and Steve though, that didn't add anything of value to the whole thing)

Edited by delete_me
3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Already did it. Took the opportunity to ask for more Juri, of course. I know @Skortwil, too.

Sitting in my hotel room as I am out of town with work as I said before and thought what the hell i'll make the survey you linked.

I think they could see live what I typed about the cringy overly hyped stream hosts they had as well as the 5th character.

Because when I completed the survey they didn't even have the decency to say "thank you for completing the survey"

Edit : but I did give them proper feedback about all,remains to be seen if they will actually put it to good use though.

Edited by Skort
On 8/4/2021 at 9:55 AM, Jocelot said:

I honestly find it really worrisome that it takes one Twitter take to throw the community into chaos. 

SonicFox said he's a bit dissatisfied with Strive right now and suddenly FGC Twitter becomes the purge, like one opinion suddenly invalidates others. Or validates their own thoughts.

"I SAID STRIVE WAS TRASH FROM THE START!"

"NAH SONIC IS A SCRUB JUSTIN SAID ITS GOOD"

Like, what am I listening to lol. 

SonicFox plays Mortal Kombat. That should auto ban you from any FGC discussion.

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Remember when dickriding was met with MASSIVE clowning? Or when the celebrity worship was a big difference between Smash and the FGC?

On the plus side though, props to you for not hating for the sake of hating. When  it came to the new SamSho, you always gave out good explanations about what and why you liked and didn't like about the game.

There are so many good discussion to be had about game mechanics and what they mean for gameplay and twitter doesn't really encourage those.

Yeah I remember, and I also remember people asking top players to sign their sticks and people waiting in line for Daigo to sign his book. Hilarious.

Nothing good happens as a result of hating for no reason. I think SamSho7 is a good game, it's just not, IMO, a GREAT game. If it were the first SamSho game I'd played, I'd probably have liked it more than I do because I don't like the direction they've gone in with it, but I still think it's good.

And Twitter is something people are trying make something it wasn't meant to be. It wasn't meant to be a place to store tech or have in depth discussions about, well, ANYTHING. But here we are.

Been reading some comments on Luke on various sites.

It's funny how many think he is Ken's son.

Ken's son is like 3 ? He showed up in a cutscene at Karin's house when all the fighters gathered in the SFV story.

Unless he has another son and Ken's training in Japan included some forbidden arts without Eliza knowing.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

FGC has unhealthy levels of celebrity worship for top players that's not unlike the Smash community.

It really is like this and it's pathetic. People hanging on pros coattails and living vicariously through top players because they suck. I get that the average player wont have the insight that top players have but top players think abut the game from a competitive perspective which most of the base will never achieve. it's fun to shit post about how X character is weak/broken but most people wont be in a situation where the tiers will even mean anything. We need to be better as a community. That's why I'm gonna wait till Daigo and LI Joe say if Luke is good so I don't get bodied online.

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

I don't remember such a time. All I remember on SRK was people dickriding Daigo, Justin and SooMighty.

I would troll people on that dick riding, but that only set most of SRK off (and hence why people in the know would keep telling me to).

You know all this. Don't pretend it wasn't that way. FGC has always been mostly fanboys and nerds living vicariously through a couple of pros. The competitive "scene" is just bigger now, as in it's easier to watch and more people follow along but don't actually play. I think in terms of actual players we have the least ever now, but in terms of viewers and people watching streamers and all that, yes it is more than before---purely because there is so much more streaming and there is CPT and all that official stuff that didn't exist before when A3 tourneys were like 8 dudes heading down to Philly on a weekend, and regionals were like, 60 people at the biggest ones.

5 minutes ago, Serpent said:

I watched that video, and Tina booty seemed so tiny. How can it do anything. Also I would think Cassandra and I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one other character would be in there.

Julia Chang (as Jaycee) and even Anna Williams also have an attack that involves using their beautiful ass. 

On the subject of Street Fighter... and the new characters. 

Akira is as cool as I projected her to be. Hopefully her move set and damage output will sell her this way as well. 

Luke... while he does remind me of Steve Fox, he seems cool. 

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Been reading some comments on Luke on various sites.

First off, fuck you for reminding that image of Necali exists.

Secondly, when they said Luke is a glimpse of the future of SF, some people are taking that literally and thinking SF6 could have a timeskip. With Luke saying “Someday, I want to become a man like him!”, some people think he could be the son of another street fighter. With him being from USA (as per his shorts having it on there), some people are thinking he’s the son of Ken, Guile, or Nash. But if they are making him related to another character, it can’t be Guile because he only has a daughter or Ken since his only son is Mel.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

My theory? Luke is Guile and Nash's son: Guile and Nash had an affair when they were in the military and one of them got pregnant.

Male pregnancy is an underrated hentai tag and it's time it's getting the representation it deserves. It's 2021 after all, or something.

Juniorposter.jpg

I'll borrow this joke about luke and post it somewhere haha

32 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

First off, fuck you for reminding that image of Necali exists.

Secondly, when they said Luke is a glimpse of the future of SF, some people are taking that literally and thinking SF6 could have a timeskip. With Luke saying “Someday, I want to become a man like him!”, some people think he could be the son of another street fighter. With him being from USA (as per his shorts having it on there), some people are thinking he’s the son of Ken, Guile, or Nash. But if they are making him related to another character, it can’t be Guile because he only has a daughter or Ken since his only son is Mel.

Why can't it be Mel? He could have a ring/fight name. Or maybe it's even fuuuurther in the future and he's Mel's son. That way they can finally move off of the OG chars outside of Akuma, who is about the only one that makes any sense that far in the future.

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I've seen other people saying he's actually Guile's son (which doesn't check out with his family records either), and some other people yet saying he's Nash's son.

My theory? Luke is Guile and Nash's son: Guile and Nash had an affair when they were in the military and one of them got pregnant.

Male pregnancy is an underrated hentai tag and it's time it's getting the representation it deserves. It's 2021 after all, or something.

Juniorposter.jpg

Reported

45 minutes ago, Serpent said:

I don't remember such a time. All I remember on SRK was people dickriding Daigo, Justin and SooMighty.

I would troll people on that dick riding, but that only set most of SRK off (and hence why people in the know would keep telling me to).

You know all this. Don't pretend it wasn't that way. FGC has always been mostly fanboys and nerds living vicariously through a couple of pros.

I didn't say there weren't dickriders, I'm saying they would actively made fun of. Which is the proper way to deal with all dickriding.

Hell it was one of the biggest ways to make fun of smashers with their dickriding ways.